Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Is Lenny Dykstra the new Joan Rivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Former Human posted:

Is Lenny Dykstra the new Joan Rivers?

No because Joan had talent

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt86s1lqLIA

So, while I don't totally disagree with Howard, does anyone else think that he's being incredibly mean and disrespectful to George here (within the first 10 minutes)? He's pretty much saying to him 'This documentary that's being made about you and Japanese internment camps sounds boring and terrible, and this thing that's important to you is pointless'.

:smith:

EngineerJoe posted:

Yeah, he's really mean to George sometimes.

On one hand, he's an rear end in a top hat. On the other, he's honest and that's what used to make Howard special. Would we want him to fawn over something he didn't believe in? Still he had some terrific answers to the questions his interviewer asked him when he got serious, he heaped a ton of praise onto George, and George seemed very appreciative that Howard did that for him.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I wonder what was going through Howard's mind when he was watching the premiere of Beer League?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

I wonder what was going through Howard's mind when he was watching the premiere of Beer League?

Beer League sucked poo poo, it's fuckin terrible. You know it, it was a flop, it was in 18 theatres, it made 250 grand in America, I COULD poo poo THAT OUT OF MY rear end!

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Pretty sure he was just replaying this conversation in his head and was still pissed Artie couldnt do the show and shoot beer league at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4RCYbIyNHg&t=1798s

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Lifespan posted:

Beer League sucked poo poo, it's fuckin terrible. You know it, it was a flop, it was in 18 theatres, it made 250 grand in America, I COULD poo poo THAT OUT OF MY rear end!

Wow that's some really, evil, evil poo poo man.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Howard spending 20 minutes talking to HPE about how much he shits. They should do some sort of special where they weigh his poo poo to find out exactly how much it actually weighs. That'd make this conversation more interesting.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Sal is like prison educated, it's the best. He hears big words but doesn't understand their meaning or context so he just throws them into conversation and looks retarded.

Just getting him to ramble about anything is usually gold because there's like a 100% chance he says something dumb and possibly racist.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Enough with Lenny Dykstra already. The show has fallen in love with this guy and it loving sucks.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Moniker posted:

Howard spending 20 minutes talking to HPE about how much he shits. They should do some sort of special where they weigh his poo poo to find out exactly how much it actually weighs. That'd make this conversation more interesting.

They already did this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2i7d96

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Yeah I was being sarcastic in order to point out that we don't have to obsess over how much a fat rear end shits. He's gross, we get it.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Good for you man good for you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Would your rather have mookie Wilson or perhaps bob onjeda?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

MrMidnight posted:

Enough with Lenny Dykstra already. The show has fallen in love with this guy and it loving sucks.

Did they ask him about being a straight up criminal who conned his own mother out of money to pay for private jet flights?

Seriously that guy is an A#1 bag of poo poo.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There's literally nothing in the past 400 or so pages of this thread that has made me want to listen to the current show, it's kind of amazing. Does Beet still come on and if so how are those segments?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

haljordan posted:

Did they ask him about being a straight up criminal who conned his own mother out of money to pay for private jet flights?

Seriously that guy is an A#1 bag of poo poo.

Plus his voice creeps me the hell out. He may even be worse than Amy Fischer's husband.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

BobbyK posted:

There's literally nothing in the past 400 or so pages of this thread that has made me want to listen to the current show, it's kind of amazing. Does Beet still come on and if so how are those segments?

He was just on and he is great as always

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I just tried listening again for the first time in years and what the gently caress is up with the lovely celebrity impressions? There's just... sooo much of it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Plus his voice creeps me the hell out. He may even be worse than Amy Fischer's husband.

He's also an even shadier "stockbroker" than Sal could ever be. These articles are loving gold:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=4084962
http://www.gq.com/story/lenny-dykstra-magazine

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Edit - nvm

Cliche Guevara fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Nov 30, 2016

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Glad to see I am not alone. The original idea of a one off Lenny/Ronnie creep-a-thon sounded like it could be... interesting, but since then the show has completely used up the tiny value he had 100x over.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Good stuff showed up on youtube today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tKTWSIcufw
Howard dumps Gilbert saying "Hey BINDI, I want to gently caress YOUR friend of the family TITS!"

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Howard berating Robin about her email was the best part of show in a very long time.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Evil Agita posted:

I just tried listening again for the first time in years and what the gently caress is up with the lovely celebrity impressions? There's just... sooo much of it.

It's awful, isn't it? Morning zoo radio might even consider it hacky. Howard has become the person he used to mock. This is one of the more frustrating examples of it.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Moniker posted:

Howard berating Robin about her email was the best part of show in a very long time.

Absolutely, it was classic Howard & Robin.

edit:

"You're not conducting yourself properly!"

Smeep fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 1, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Moniker posted:

When was this ? Tuesday ?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

When was this ? Tuesday ?

Today

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The email bit was great. Robin still can't handle email in 2016 even with an assistant and two phones. She''ll never ever admit when she can't do something, so it's always Howard or Gary's fault.

It was also great when they were making fun of the pastor speaking in tongues and right away Fred started playing clips of Riley Martin's gibberish.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

uhhhhh huh

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Listening to 12/05/07, highlights include:

- Artie "comes out of the closet" to George in the best acting work of his entire career aside from the time he totally acted like he wanted those queer eye guys to gently caress a straight guy in the rear end;

- Richard's dad calls to tell him some bad news from home: Taaaaaaaco Tiiiico closed down

- Dave Attell sits in on the news

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
"I let a guy gently caress me in the rear end. And I kinda liked it."

Real great acting there.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

- Artie "comes out of the closet" to George in the best acting work of his entire career aside from the time he totally acted like he wanted those queer eye guys to gently caress a straight guy in the rear end;

- Richard's dad calls to tell him some bad news from home: Taaaaaaaco Tiiiico closed down

Compare that to any show in the last year

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Ugh that Queer Eye bit.........Artie acting even more homophobic than usual (then trying to play it off as if everyone had a great time and was totally cool with him yelling "human being" every three seconds). I give those guys credit for not just quitting halfway through and telling him to go gently caress himself.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Ugh that Queer Eye bit.........Artie acting even more homophobic than usual (then trying to play it off as if everyone had a great time and was totally cool with him yelling "human being" every three seconds). I give those guys credit for not just quitting halfway through and telling him to go gently caress himself.

Wasnt he super drunk during the queer eye thing?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

JB50 posted:

Wasnt he super drunk during the queer eye thing?

Would he have behaved any differently sober?

A guy like Artie will get drunk defensively, so he has an excuse.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I remember a caller during that segment who really laced into Artie pretty good. Also, who cares how drunk he was, alcohol just brings out the person you really are most of the time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

I remember a caller during that segment who really laced into Artie pretty good. Also, who cares how drunk he was, alcohol just brings out the person you really are most of the time.

poo poo, I'm a sloppy, attention-seeking romantic who enjoys rolling on the floor, then. :ohdear:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
We know, Rupert, we know. It's part of your charm. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I wasnt trying to defend him. I just remember the queer eye guys having to hold him up cuz he was so wasted. I could also be confusing my drunken Artie episodes, theres so many.