Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

A man in a bib, consuming the porcine. Fatness.

And now the true test. Eat fast, before it expires.

More crumbs, more chins, more disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I wish I could send all the lines in this thread to Wayne June so he could narrate them.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Highwang posted:

I wish I could send all the lines in this thread to Wayne June so he could narrate them.
The Darkest Luncheon.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Ingested with impunity!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A trifling pastry, but a pastry nonetheless.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I went through a list of narrator quotes intending to make a funny one but I just can't change them. They are all so perfect

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!
Every day is Thanksgiving in the Darkplace.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Iron Chitlin posted:

Every day is Thanksgiving in the Darkplace.

Well, of course. The bigger the feast, the greater the glory!

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
A strict regimen is paramount if one is to master the brutal arithmetic of calorie counting.

Still trying to do Ancestor clips. I tried editing my voice a bit but while I can get it to sound deep it's still not that close to Wayne June's. His is pretty distinctive.

I had the idea to load up a voice clip of the Ancestor in Audacity to see if I can figure out how to edit mine to match it, but there's a problem. His voice clips all have background noises to make them sound more atmospheric. Does anyone know where to get a voice clip of the Ancestor with a clean background?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/267424/The_deep_voice_of_Darkest_Dungeon_has_some_advice_on_hiring_voice_talent.php

The first video has a less processed version of his voice (yeah I know it's not clean but it'll help you figure out the modulations you need to do). You can also check out his lovecraft work (there's one in the link as well) which was what originally got them to hire him.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Fasting and Pride precipitate a dizzying fall...

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/167/793/693.jpg

Indignence surges as the inventory crumbles

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

love this

Had to put this game down after 70 hours because I lost two full squads of R6s with trinkets, one to the first loving Darkest Dungeon level, and one to Vvulf. Such a gut punch

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So, discovered a bug in the game. If you quit in mid-battle, you can be prevented from targeting certain enemies, and the only way to correct it is to flee the battle. Tres annoying.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dungeon cuisine

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
As disgusting in death as it was in life.

I really love Antiquarians not just for the money aspect, but for babysitting rank 0 scrubs through their first milk runs. Especially position 1/2 fist punchers take less damage over a run while Invigorating vapors makes up for their crap gear not having any dodge on it, and Protect Me is also a nice buff for that. Sure, that's a team slot that neither heals nor does much damage, but to some extend the damage prevention allows your actual healer to use their offensive abilities more often, so it's not a total loss.

I have very high antiquarian turnover because they go on practically every Apprentice/Veteran run, level ahead of the game and then get sacked as soon as a new one is on the stage coach :v:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 27, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Antiquarian is also great because her character design rocks.

She just looks cool.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am yet another unfortunate victim of this LP. So after a couple aborted runs I have managed to reach about week 10 or so with decent success. I had only lost one character, a leper who got wrecked by spiders, and had managed to make mincemeat out of the necromancer. The highlight of my team is a crusader who has Fated, Slugger, and Thick Blooded as some of his quirks. I then did the cleansing mission and was ready to wreck the Siren before it all went to hell. My team consisted of a bounty hunter who had spent almost a month either in the church or awol, an Antiquarian and Hellion who had last been out when my leaper died and an Occultist. Everything seemed to be going fine until I actually fought the Siren who constantly went for my bounty hunter rather then the antiquarian. What followed next was a brutal battle which saw every hero die except my bounty hunter who had 7 hp left facing off against the shield fish person but what little luck I had left ran out and he died as well. To make matters worse I had gotten a ton of cash/heirlooms from the expedition including a secret room with 7.5k worth of items to sell. Then the very next mission with a new Hellion, a Vestal, a Joker and a Grave Robber ended up in desperate fight for survival against the fat bandit, a throat cutter and a gunner. In this fight both my Hellion and Joker died, but somehow I won, even with my Grave Digger on deaths door for the last couple turns and my Vestal up at the very front. Thankfully the mission objective was to clear all the room battles so after that my depleted group fled to safety.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Samovar posted:

So, discovered a bug in the game. If you quit in mid-battle, you can be prevented from targeting certain enemies, and the only way to correct it is to flee the battle. Tres annoying.

Ragequitting once led me to a bizarre parallel universe where not only did my character not die after a deathblow, my entire squad had a free turn over the enemy.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Episode 33: Eat the Rich

Coming back from our thanksgiving break with more Darkest Dungeon, complete with boss fights, ill preparation, and still bad inventory management.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Yeeeeeesh.
I've been getting jitters from the Darkest Deprivation.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I almost feel bad for Chitlin. :allears:

"WHY?!"

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
A vacation is taken. The mind withers.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Highwang posted:

Coming back from our thanksgiving break with more Darkest Dungeon, complete with boss fights, ill preparation, and still bad inventory management.
Hey, it's not our fault you ended up out of food. You had enough to finish the objective, right? Shoulda left after killing the boss with a full inventory and no food left.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Believe in the abomination that believes in you.

Except Shitlin, because he does not believe in the abomination :v:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Highwang that was an incredibly fun fight. Never 100% optimize again.

so here's something different: there's a streamer/youtuber called DDRJake who does weekly challenges. Basically the format is that you can suggest a game with a goal for a single session - beat super mario 64 in under 4 hours, kill the FTL final boss without upgrading X, stuff like that. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses.

What would be a doable and fun challenge for Darkest Dungeon for someone who afaik has never come into contact with it? I was thinking a "no-deaths" run but imo that forces a boring and defensive playstyle. The game also doesn't pace itself easily for a boss-run. Basically I'm thinking of an end goal to work towards that's difficult but doable, and maybe a gimmick that makes it more entertaining to watch without being crippling for a newbie.

Is it possible to kill 1 boss per biome (4 bosses) within 3 hours for someone who knows jack-all about the game?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Watching this makes me wish there was an achievement for YAWPing Wilbur.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Watching this makes me wish there was an achievement for YAWPing Wilbur.

Barbaric OINK!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
IIRC in the Arkham Horror board game by Fantasy Flight (lol ameritrash) the Mi-Go were wimpy trash monsters that dropped useful stuff when you stomped them, so they were the monsters you wanted to pop out of portals.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If you posted the time when you entered the dungeon, Highwang, I think that would satisfy the people who can't stomach sitting through the best part of the game.

ThCawdor
Apr 23, 2010

Highwang posted:

Wait, you had 4 food left - why didn't it give you the prompt?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ThCawdor posted:

Loon needs 2 foods when he's scared.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Night10194 posted:

To wit: I wonder if Tapeworm and Stress Eater stack? I've never had that poo poo a luck.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Night10194 posted:

Let that rear end in a top hat starve then, feed the others.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Better yet: if you hate the hunger mechanic and someone develops or has stress eater, get rid of it ASAP so you never have to worry about it :v:

Highwang posted:

To wit: I wonder if Tapeworm and Stress Eater stack? I've never had that poo poo a luck.

I have had both on the same person, but everyone gets their diseases cleansed before they go and earn more in my house :colbert:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Highwang posted:

Yes. Yes they do. I've experienced both. And got both on a single person during a run. gently caress the warrens.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

IMJack posted:

IIRC in the Arkham Horror board game by Fantasy Flight (lol ameritrash) the Mi-Go were wimpy trash monsters that dropped useful stuff when you stomped them, so they were the monsters you wanted to pop out of portals.

They're fairly weak loot piņatas, assuming you're not low on sanity and will check. You get a unique item when they die and they leave the game instead of going back to the monster pile.

They're a bit more threatening in other games like Mansions of Madness, where pretty much every monster can wreck your day.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ThCawdor posted:

After he forced food down a bunch of party members throats, of course, because Darkest Dungeon is a Fun game.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Add me to the people who bought darkest dungeons because of this LP.

My favourite dumb thing to do so far is to forget about equipping trinkets, which can hurt like hell one higher difficulties, but both my deaths so far have been from green runs... :shrug:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Xarn posted:

My favourite dumb thing to do so far is to forget about equipping trinkets...

Oh God, tell me about that. It would really help if the provisions button called up the trinkets screen first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

my favorite is forgetting shovels. "Okay, I think I've got everything. Holy water and bandages for curios, food aplenty, two stacks obv, oh poo poo, almost forgot torches. Right, I think that's everything. Let's go!".

Queue 4 crumbling walls within 3 rooms.

• Locked thread