Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Would you put your brain into a Colossal SquidBot body?

id put my dick in a Colossal SquidBot body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Moola posted:

id put my dick in a Colossal SquidBot body

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is loving awesome

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

quote:

3. The Jetpack
All of the obvious advantages you would expect from a jetpack are present in full force.

signs they learned the correct lesson from ME3MP - because the jetpack turians were awesome. hope I can do the jetpack slam punch nonstop, as any proper vanguard would

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My favorite thing about ME3 MP was how the new classes got more and more wacky as development went on.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Alain Post posted:

My favorite thing about ME3 MP was how the new classes got more and more wacky as development went on.

"hey you wanna play as EDI? what about Zaeed but with a crossbow? Hammer krogan? fuckin' .... poison Nyreen? go for it kid."

it rocked hard

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
how the hell was ME3 MP so good?!

I dont mean I think its bad and tell me why its good.

I mean, how was THAT the best part of the game?!?!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Moola posted:

The combat is arguably the best part of ME3, and multiplayer was that with all the awful plot fat trimmed off.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

The combat is arguably the best part of ME3, and multiplayer was that with all the awful plot fat trimmed off.

This.

Also you get to be a biotic ninja with a katana and hand lasers, so it's probably the most anime the series will ever get.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Moola posted:

It turns out if you let two game designer idiots who aren't good at telling stories tell the story, anything that isn't pure distilled shooting dudes is probably gonna suck.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I do wonder how much of the craziness will make it into Andromeda single player. Like, I don't expect to be able to replicate the literal walking tank Geth Juggernaut but will they let me be a tech power based infiltrator based around flamethrowering from stealth? Seeing through walls would be a nice bonus, of course.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Biotics, melee buffs and tactical cloak at the same time is all I want from this game.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'll probably go tech-focused if it plays like it did in ME3. It may not be the most efficient thing in the world, but my favorite way to play ME3 is as an engineer specced to max out drones with combat drone, auto turret, and defense drone, with overload, incinerate, and one point in sabotage for turrets.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Cythereal posted:

I'll probably go tech-focused if it plays like it did in ME3. It may not be the most efficient thing in the world, but my favorite way to play ME3 is as an engineer specced to max out drones with combat drone, auto turret, and defense drone, with overload, incinerate, and one point in sabotage for turrets.

So you want a sub-squad to your already existing squad? I can get behind fielding a small army.

Also, if it plays like ME3 did after the changes to tech explosions, just get Incinerate in there with a low enough cool down and (in theory at least) you could be wrecking poo poo as fast as adepts.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The plot of ME3 was actually pretty good, imho. very entertaining and worth playing multiple times.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The plot of ME3 was actually pretty good, imho. very entertaining and worth playing multiple times.

Hell I enjoyed it too. Had it's ups and downs, but following ME2, the best Bioware RPG of all time, was always going to be a hard act to follow.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The character writing was top notch, as was citadel. The overarching plot of the game was what brought me down.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

EA Exec Voice: We gotta make the 3rd game in a series thats predicated on being the most interconnected video game series ever the perfect starting point for new players

Considering the majority of ME3 players were new players, not exactly an incorrect call on their part

And a lesson learned from experience with ME2

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Seemlar posted:

Considering the majority of ME3 players were new players, not exactly an incorrect call on their part

And a lesson learned from experience with ME2

Yeah it really turned out well for them

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

ME3 also suffered because you have a lot less control over Shepard compared to the other two. Like how the game crams Liara as your best friend and confidante down your throat even if you never talked to her before. Or how there's no option to have Shepard be optimistic about anything ever, just be either sad and maudlin or kind of edgy but mostly sad and maudlin. It made me like Vega because I think he's basically the only one who ever tries to get anyone pumped.

Also I was really confused about the beginning of the game because I didn't play Arrival on my first runthrough so I had no idea that anyone blew up a relay. I wondered if I was under house arrest because of the whole Cerberus thing, but then Anderson said I blew up a relay. Then I read the war assets and it said a different marine corps did it instead. I'm pretty sure the game continues to make references to Shepard blowing it up from there, though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

womb with a view posted:

ME3 also suffered because you have a lot less control over Shepard compared to the other two. Like how the game crams Liara as your best friend and confidante down your throat even if you never talked to her before. Or how there's no option to have Shepard be optimistic about anything ever, just be either sad and maudlin or kind of edgy but mostly sad and maudlin. It made me like Vega because I think he's basically the only one who ever tries to get anyone pumped.

Also I was really confused about the beginning of the game because I didn't play Arrival on my first runthrough so I had no idea that anyone blew up a relay. I wondered if I was under house arrest because of the whole Cerberus thing, but then Anderson said I blew up a relay. Then I read the war assets and it said a different marine corps did it instead. I'm pretty sure the game continues to make references to Shepard blowing it up from there, though.

ME3s story is total poo poo

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

ME3s story is total poo poo

I see you're going for the 'how many times can I repeat myself in a row' achievement.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It had good points, and bad points imo

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Mass Effect 3, is good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I see you're going for the 'how many times can I repeat myself in a row' achievement.

It's been long enough that there could be an ironic hipster ME3 renaissance or even worse some kind of outright failure to remember how bad it was. That can't happen, and we need to be vigilant.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Alain Post posted:

remember when the bad guy said that his motives were beyond mere mortal comprehension, that was incredible and extremely interesting

That's because the Reapers' motivation was that they wanted to gently caress and he was going to tell you when you were older.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's been long enough that there could be an ironic hipster ME3 renaissance or even worse some kind of outright failure to remember how bad it was. That can't happen, and we need to be vigilant.
You are obsessed with other people's opinions about a video game. The idea that different opinions need to be 'guarded against' is incredibly dumb. Stop posting.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lt. Danger posted:

Mass Effect 3, is good.

Hell I enjoyed most of it. It wasn't perfect but what is, other than Mass Effect 2?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ein Sexmonster posted:

You are obsessed with other people's opinions about a video game. The idea that different opinions need to be 'guarded against' is incredibly dumb. Stop posting.

No I cannot falter

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Alain Post posted:

God, seriously.

First DLC: Woahhhh oh man they're gonna let you play as a batarian? Crazy.
Third DLC onward: Volus with nukes, Geth juggernauts, teleporting space ninjas.

And speaking of which, I think my one wish is for the return of the Javelin. I'm pretty sure that charge-fire sound that it makes is permanently etched in my brain.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm pretty sure the Javelin was worse than the Black Widow in every way but I still used it because it was so cool.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No I cannot falter

you're doing gods work son

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mass Effect 3 had its good moments, and Citadel was loving amazing, but the plot as a whole just didn't work well at all.

It also really was really quite boring to look at compared to ME2.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Every MP DLC ramped up the crazy and it was great. "Hello sir would you like a vorcha with a flame thrower and crazy fast regen? How about a human adept that literally drains the life force out of their enemies? How about something for the little lady in this number that warps through walls and tosses poisoned spikes that explode!"

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I spent way too long playing Dragon Age Inquisition MP hoping it would be as good as ME3's. What a waste of time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

moist turtleneck posted:

Would you put your brain into a Colossal SquidBot body?

NO, but I'd go balls deep in one. :heysexy:

I played a lot fo the battle arena in ME3, which was basically single player multiplayer. I enjoyed the combat stuff. Good stuff.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 29, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

I spent way too long playing Dragon Age Inquisition MP hoping it would be as good as ME3's. What a waste of time.

The designers really tried and did make some fun weird classes in the DLC, but they were hamstrung by the combat engine's flaws, while ME3MP was working from a really strong foundation.

Also all this discussion and no one brought up the krogan warlord, who revolved entirely around hitting people with a giant exploding hammer.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 29, 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Huh, so Andromeda is going to be running on the Frostbite 3 engine? I wonder if it will be better than Unreal?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I didn't care for the ME3 MP. I did the bare minimum for galactic readiness and never played again. Just didn't grab me I guess, but it's not something I'm actively looking for in a Mass Effect game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

no bones about it posted:

Huh, so Andromeda is going to be running on the Frostbite 3 engine? I wonder if it will be better than Unreal?

Dragon Age Inquisition was on Frostbite.