Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

m2pt5 posted:

This, very much this. Guzma's in particular.

I didn't try it at the PC's home, but I got the same treatment from a different Meowth in a different house. On the fourth island, I think.

Speaking of Guzma, I really liked Team Skull's "base". Just some small town filled with graffiti, litter, and a mansion that's completely trashed with only one clean room belonging to a certain big sister.
I also like taking my pokemon out for malasadas. I try to that every time I get to a new island or beat a kahuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
One of Emily's takedowns in Dishonored 2 involves her punting the victim in their groin complete with full slow motion grown and dramatic facial expression.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
In the modern era on Civilization 6 the settlers change from tribal people to an RV :3:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was just thinking about GTA V, particularly Michael's ability to get invincible. I once jumped out of an airplane without a parachute and just used his ability near the ground. It worked out but was distinctly lacking the splatter flattening or Michael-shaped hole in the ground to crawl out of.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Pokemon Sun and Moon: There are a few motels on the islands, and the reception desk will usually have a vending machine next to it. As usual for the series, these vending machines can sell some combination of Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade. They're healing items that heal different amounts of HP, but usually can only be purchased one at a time instead of through a nice shop interface. Sometimes you'll even get an extra if you're lucky.

But the 'little thing' here is that the motel prices on these machines are jacked to twice what they should be. There're machines in the world that sell the same products at not jacked up prices. The price of convenience when you're staying at a motel, huh.

...well, either that, or the other machine I found sells 'em at a discount.

graybook has a new favorite as of 11:10 on Nov 27, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I believe both System Shock 2 and Bioshock do the same thing for the vending machines in their theater areas.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

graybook posted:

Pokemon Sun and Moon: There are a few motels on the islands, and the reception desk will usually have a vending machine next to it. As usual for the series, these vending machines can sell some combination of Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade. They're healing items that heal different amounts of HP, but usually can only be purchased one at a time instead of through a nice shop interface. Sometimes you'll even get an extra if you're lucky.

But the 'little thing' here is that the motel prices on these machines are jacked to twice what they should be. There're machines in the world that sell the same products at not jacked up prices. The price of convenience when you're staying at a motel, huh.

Ugh, they still don't let you just buy the things in bulk though?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

graybook posted:

When it comes to price inflation nothing beats the gag in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga where you win a bet for 99,999,999,999,999 coins, but since the game takes place outside of the Mushroom Kingdom the exchange rate means you only actually get 99 coins.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

RareAcumen posted:

Ugh, they still don't let you just buy the things in bulk though?

You can get dozens at a time without paying anything for them in the Festival Plaza if you build the facility for it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That's good to know. If only my guests would like where I took them, I could earn some drat currency...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Guy Mann posted:

When it comes to price inflation nothing beats the gag in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga where you win a bet for 99,999,999,999,999 coins, but since the game takes place outside of the Mushroom Kingdom the exchange rate means you only actually get 99 coins.

Speaking on this, in Paper Mario Colour Splash, the gag with the giant coin in the forest, and after all the build up of recolouring it and being able to finally take it, it make an extremely deep coin collection sound, but still only counted as one had me in stitches.

Honestly pretty much everything in Colour Splash could go here. That game was precious.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Danaru posted:

Speaking on this, in Paper Mario Colour Splash, the gag with the giant coin in the forest, and after all the build up of recolouring it and being able to finally take it, it make an extremely deep coin collection sound, but still only counted as one had me in stitches.

Honestly pretty much everything in Colour Splash could go here. That game was precious.

Huey was a much better partner than the one in Sticker Star and the game in general actually got a few laughs out of me. My favorite bit is when he stops you in the canyon to tell you how close you guys are and then a giant chain chomp busts through the wall and he runs off mid -sentence, then you find him again later keeping the hiding space warm for you

During the final battle the final boss will announce an attack called the final breath, I failed to block it - but lived and then the final boss did it again later on saying the last final breath was a warm up.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sponge Baathist posted:

I was just thinking about GTA V, particularly Michael's ability to get invincible. I once jumped out of an airplane without a parachute and just used his ability near the ground. It worked out but was distinctly lacking the splatter flattening or Michael-shaped hole in the ground to crawl out of.

Actually that's Trevor's ability. Michael has bullet time. :eng101:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In Pokémon sun and moon if you keep tapping the b button to run your character almost trips themselves trying to keep up.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

FauxGateau posted:

In Pokémon sun and moon if you keep tapping the b button to run your character almost trips themselves trying to keep up.

Also if your spin your character

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TontoCorazon posted:

I can only assume that's to gently caress with the age old method of running in a fast circle to catch wild pokemon asap.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

TontoCorazon posted:

Is this only in the demo version or something because I immediately tried it when I saw this gif and it did absolutely nothing.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

It only happens if you're walking. Running in a circle by holding B still works normally.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.

food court bailiff posted:

Is this only in the demo version or something because I immediately tried it when I saw this gif and it did absolutely nothing.

I can confirm this is in the full retail version. I found it out on accident walking around a pokecenter and so far every place I've tried to use it has worked. If you keep a steady pace it's pretty easy, it's pretty natural to slowly get faster and it's hard to not do so.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

RareAcumen posted:

I like how everyone's portraits change depending on how much damage you'll do before you confirm an attack in Fire Emblem: Fates.
What I really like about this is that it changes also based on damage you expect to take, so if you're probably going to get slammed your characters will use their pained/angry expression. This is particularly wonderful because if you attack an enemy with the Vantage skill, which lets them attack first when they're below half health even when attacked, your characters' expressions reflect that.

It's a tiny detail that's saved me a few stupid deaths to Vantage enemies!

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

dordreff posted:

They outright admitted it was a bug, and IIRC fixed it for everything except giants, because it was funny.

Saint's Row 2 had a similar bug made feature, solely because it was funny. The shock paddles you get for completing the ambulance missions would launch someone laying perfectly flat on their back into space. It was funny enough that Volition released a video showing exactly how to do it every time, which of course I now cannot find.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Control Volume posted:

You can do this in all the souls games but Dark Souls has it so pressing down the dodge button makes you roll if you're going to the side or backwards (then youll start running if you hold it) where DS2 and DS3 changed rolling to only happen on button release. I don't remember if bloodborne dodged on press or release but for that game press would definitely be the preferable option.

One of my favorite animations in DS1 is when you block an extremely heavy attack with your shield but don't lose all your stamina. You're sent flying a little ways but recover in a flip. You can see it a lot with basically anything Artorias does to you.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Mrs Chu in Sleeping Dogs. :allears:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

In Dishonoured 2, there's a scene in the silver mine slum area where you encounter two Overseers, one grievously injured and begging for his comrade to put him out of his misery. If you use domino ability on the two, the guy mercy killing him will also kill himself.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Kruller posted:

Saint's Row 2 had a similar bug made feature, solely because it was funny. The shock paddles you get for completing the ambulance missions would launch someone laying perfectly flat on their back into space. It was funny enough that Volition released a video showing exactly how to do it every time, which of course I now cannot find.

I vaguely remember something like that in Saints Row 3. There is a mission where you are chased out of a bondage club by people in carriages pulled by gimps. In development, Volition forgot to to unflag the carriages and gimps as vehicles, so they would explode whenever they crashed or took a certain amount of damage. The end result was funny enough that they never bothered to fix it.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Sunswipe posted:

Mrs Chu in Sleeping Dogs. :magical:

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Samovar posted:

In Dishonoured 2, there's a scene in the silver mine slum area where you encounter two Overseers, one grievously injured and begging for his comrade to put him out of his misery. If you use domino ability on the two, the guy mercy killing him will also kill himself.

There's at least a few places you can pull this off. There's another part where a guard pushes a civvy into a wall of light for nefarious reasons, it's a wonderful karma move to tie them...

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
doing a recruit run of alpha protocol now.

all the recruit dialogue choices so far make it sound like michael has an untreated head injury.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
In Dishonored 2 there's an achievement called Heartbeat Reaper for killing six people in under a second and a half. The game nudges you towards using exotic powers that freeze time (allowing you to "fire" headshots that all land at once, etc), crowd control enemies for explosives and so on. I thought it was going to be a really tricky one to get but then I realized...just knock six people unconscious, drop them in the same pile and toss a grenade.

Voila! It counts as a perfectly valid method and I'm laughing my tits off. :haw:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

doing a recruit run of alpha protocol now.

all the recruit dialogue choices so far make it sound like michael has an untreated head injury.

He does. Remember waking up from a blackout in the medbay?
Aloha Protocol needs to improve its recruitment methods is what I'm saying.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

In Dishonored 2 there's an achievement called Heartbeat Reaper for killing six people in under a second and a half. The game nudges you towards using exotic powers that freeze time (allowing you to "fire" headshots that all land at once, etc), crowd control enemies for explosives and so on. I thought it was going to be a really tricky one to get but then I realized...just knock six people unconscious, drop them in the same pile and toss a grenade.

Voila! It counts as a perfectly valid method and I'm laughing my tits off. :haw:

I got it by 'accident' on my no power run tossing a whale oil canister into the middle of Paolo's pub as his gang was still happily playing music and dancing.

My favourite little thing from XCOM 2: there's a whole bunch of new features and quality of life improvements that I love but the chief among them for me is that buying the upgrade to the technology level of your gear doesn't require you to buy the armour/weapon for each unit any more. It's now a one time purchase that makes them available for everyone. Massive time saver.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

You don't like Mrs Chu? Sounds like you need a pork bun in your hand.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

You don't like Mrs Chu? Sounds like you need a pork bun in your hand.

The man who never eat a pork bun is never a full man!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

He does. Remember waking up from a blackout in the medbay?
Aloha Protocol needs to improve its recruitment methods is what I'm saying.

Now I want a sequel about a Hawaii based spy agency.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Aloha Protocol: Sun and Moon

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Now I want a sequel about a Hawaii based spy agency.

I'd settle for an open world GTA clone based on Hawaii. It would be very cathartic to just plow through all of the daily traffic in a video game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nuebot posted:

I'd settle for an open world GTA clone based on Hawaii. It would be very cathartic to just plow through all of the daily traffic in a video game.

Just a modern take on Vice City would do the trick.
Hell, have the playable area be *not* southern Florida and Cuba.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Because discussion about Devil May Cry and swords came up in another thread recently, my favorite thing about the Devil May Cry series is the bizarre running joke where Dante needs to get impaled through the chest on a sword (frequently his own) in every single game. I can't remember though if they did it in DMC as well with Nu Dante. It's just a really bizarrely specific thing to do to him in every game. I understand they want to show him as being an unkillable badass or whatever, especially in the first game when he's a new character, but every single time. I swear he gets stabbed on purpose in like every one past the first.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I secretly had demon blood in me and could recover from any wound, I'd shove broadswords through my head as a party trick.
You can't blame a loveable rear end in a top hat like him for wanting to show off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Glagha posted:

Because discussion about Devil May Cry and swords came up in another thread recently, my favorite thing about the Devil May Cry series is the bizarre running joke where Dante needs to get impaled through the chest on a sword (frequently his own) in every single game. I can't remember though if they did it in DMC as well with Nu Dante. It's just a really bizarrely specific thing to do to him in every game. I understand they want to show him as being an unkillable badass or whatever, especially in the first game when he's a new character, but every single time. I swear he gets stabbed on purpose in like every one past the first.

I think in the first game it started when the sword was like "Prove you're strong enough to wield me" and stabbed him of its own volition. Then it went off and became a viewtiful joe character while dante went on to get stabbed by a whole bunch of bigger, sexier swords.