Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

anime was right posted:

by every metric chaffee is the best candidate

Better than HRC's inevitable "Hindsight is 2020" campaign slogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I was trying to be concise. I lived in Albany until quite recently and am more than aware of just how poo poo the dude is.
sorry, i just really loving hate cuomo and never pass up an opportunity to talk about what a pile of human trash he is

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

get that OUT of my face posted:

sorry, i just really loving hate cuomo and never pass up an opportunity to talk about what a pile of human trash he is

Oh no problem on that front, I'm all about badmouthing Andrew Cuomo.

mugrim posted:

Quiet, you fool! That's dumb enough that they'd actually use it!

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

sorry, i just really loving hate cuomo and never pass up an opportunity to talk about what a pile of human trash he is. i'm in NYC, which is in his crosshairs because he has limitless reserves of spite for de Blasio

Sandra Lee spotted.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Quiet, you fool! That's dumb enough that they'd actually use it!

I'd take odds on it actually happening, quote and all, depending on how good I could get them.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mugrim posted:

I'd take odds on it actually happening, quote and all, depending on how good I could get them.
it's gonna be real awkward if keith ellison manages to whip the democratic party into new deal populism and hillary tries the same old poo poo

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

mugrim posted:

that's pretty good lol

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it's gonna be real awkward if keith ellison manages to whip the democratic party into new deal populism and hillary tries the same old poo poo

I thought it was hilarious when people suggested the reason to vote for Hillary was electability, citing the fact that she's been attacked for 30 years straight as somehow an advantage and not starting the race miles behind the start line with a population that's hated for you for decades who you would have to persuade to change their minds.

I wonder if it'll be as funny in 2020 when she claims she's the most electable and has the most experience running for president.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

mugrim posted:

:vince:

goddamn

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mugrim posted:

you know, i was at rootscamp this year and a group called "people for bernie sanders" had a table with a bernie poster and "hindsight is 2020." i went to a hfa session and it was kind of funny to hear just how angry it made all of their staffers.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
In what ways does Franken fail the purity test? He's been a senator for 8 years now, and is pretty good with a phrase and smart.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Concerned Citizen posted:

you know, i was at rootscamp this year and a group called "people for bernie sanders" had a table with a bernie poster and "hindsight is 2020." i went to a hfa session and it was kind of funny to hear just how angry it made all of their staffers.

i'm going to buy so many of these if they make them

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Concerned Citizen posted:

How many pictures did they have to go through to find one with his hair looking that good?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

zegermans posted:

In what ways does Franken fail the purity test? He's been a senator for 8 years now, and is pretty good with a phrase and smart.

Not only that, the midwest loves him, he can freehand draw America, and his entire career was making people who take themselves too seriously who had big egos look dumb as gently caress.

Seriously, the dude knew how to poke at Rush and O'Reilly and ruffle their feathers in rage, I doubt Trump would be hard.

quote:

Is that Paul Wellstone's thing? I knew people at the DCCC who went.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mugrim posted:

Is that Paul Wellstone's thing? I knew people at the DCCC who went.

yeah it's run by wellstone now, it used to be run by NOI before they died

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump winning qualified a whole bunch of people for 2020-2024.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i'm going to buy so many of these if they make them

https://ivotedberniesanders.myshopify.com/products/hindsight-is-2020

have fun

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:holy:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zegermans posted:

i think what i've learned is that it isn't even about purity for people who were really into bernie. tulsi gabbard proved that, since she routinely fails the progressive purity test. it's about whether 1. you backed bernie and 2. if you fundamentally do not believe in the system. on both those fronts, franken fails and so i think he'll have trouble with a lot of progressives. in a lot of ways, backing bernie has become a progressive signifier in the same way the iraq war was in 2004. time will tell if this impression lasts into 2020.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Nov 28, 2016

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
But, like, no one besides Gabbard really backed Bernie, all the big name folks stayed neutral until there was a winner. That doesn't really leave any options.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zegermans posted:

But, like, no one besides Gabbard really backed Bernie, all the big name folks stayed neutral until there was a winner. That doesn't really leave any options.

yup!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
In all seriousness I don't think we'll see Hillary in 2020. I think she knows just how badly she blew this and her abrupt disappearance from the public eye lends credence to my theory, and losing to Donald loving Trump in a Presidential election when you were the heavy favorite for like 6 goddamn months is not something you come back from.

NOTE: This is in no way a defense of Hillary Clinton's campaign or Hillary herself. It's merely my reason for why there won't be a Hillary III: This Time We Mean It.

Fritz Coldcockin has issued a correction as of 20:12 on Nov 28, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
people desperately need a boogey(wo)man

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Alter Ego posted:

In all seriousness I don't think we'll see Hillary in 2020. I think she knows just how badly she blew this and her abrupt disappearance from the public eye lends credence to my theory, and losing to Donald loving Trump in a Presidential election when you were the heavy favorite for like 6 goddamn months is not something you come back from.

NOTE: This is in no way a defense of Hillary Clinton's campaign or Hillary herself. It's merely my reason for why there won't be a Hillary III: This Time We Mean It.

yeah i don't think there's a chance she runs again. for one thing, she (like bernie) is too old to serve 2 terms starting in 2020.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I feel like this election might be her Michelle Obama moment where she's finally 100% with this poo poo.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

mugrim posted:

it's time like this SA needs a "like" button

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

I feel like this election might be her Michelle Obama moment where she's finally 100% with this poo poo.

i believe that was a long time ago when the government openly laughed at her for daring to be female and wanting to run anything at all

all idealism was crushed mercilessly in a single day and now we have hillary bot 5000

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Nastier Nate posted:

it's time like this SA needs a "like" button

it's called emptyquoting

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Yinlock posted:

i believe that was a long time ago when the government openly laughed at her for daring to be female and wanting to run anything at all

all idealism was crushed mercilessly in a single day and now we have hillary bot 5000

I feel like that motivated her to keep trying, but now she's done. Or not, I don't know, I don't know the person.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
you guys are crazy if you think hillary will run again in 2020

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Typo posted:

KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice
I sincerely hope neither of them (Clinton and Sanders) run again.

There's something honestly refreshing about the 2020 Democratic field being wide open.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

KRock posted:

I sincerely hope neither of them (Clinton and Sanders) run again.

There's something honestly refreshing about the 2020 Democratic field being wide open.

It's not that wide. Trump just opened the field up to people who probably wouldn't have ever bothered.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Just a reminder Rocky Anderson could be good if he decides to run in the democratic primary.

-He endorsed Bernie in 2016
-He's a true progressive who hates the democratic party establishment, Ralph Nader endorsed his 2012 presidential run. Is more interested in electoral reform than any other candidate the democrats could probably run.... electoral reform is something 80% of Americans support yet gets very little attention in mainstream politics.
-He's a good debater, gives charismatic speeches.
-Pragmatic and grounded in reality, not a moonbeam lefty like Stein or Kucinich.
-He IS a real democrat, or at least was at one point. Served as democratic mayor of Salt Lake City. Could potentially turn Utah blue against Trump.
-Unlike Warren, actually has the chutzpah to criticize other democrats.
-Unlike Gabbard, doesn't hate muslims.
-Younger than Sanders, young enough to run, though he'll be Hillary Clinton's age in 2020.
-Biggest negative is lack of experience in federal government but... clearly that doesn't matter as much as people thought.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Well, you've sold me on him. Anyone else have a good reason he wouldnt be any good?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

mark cuban is going to run and the country is going to collectively commit suicide

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
throw all of these candidates, real or imagined, into the hellfire of the 2020 democratic primary

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rocky De La Fuente wants you to forget about Rocky Anderson, a pretender to the throne

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
Vote for Rocky Balboa, True American Hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Typo posted:

As crazy as those who said she might lose to trump, or crazier than that?

• Locked thread