Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Black Baby Goku will end up disenfranchised under Trump when they ban mail-in ballots, anyways, no need to appeal to him by shooting a video of a Muslim man being burned alive and publicizing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

Black Baby Goku will end up disenfranchised under Trump when they ban mail-in ballots, anyways, no need to appeal to him by shooting a video of a Muslim man being burned alive and publicizing it.

Why is this kind of post allowed? Just curious

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

On a lighter note, new hat!

I hope he doesn't have his hat on him and it starts to rain on inauguration. I want to see that "hair" wet.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

A slight dip in turnout compared to a massively inspirational minority president running is to be expected. That decrease in turnout wasn't what cost her the election.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

What about next election when no black people show up to vote dem because we were all too busy flying confederate flags at our events to appeal to the midwest salt of the earth?

Clinton lost like 4% of the black vote and 6% of the hispanic vote compared to Obamas numbers. So there's already fewer minorities voting for the Democrat

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the gently caress does Gamergate have to do with anything? Brainiac Five was whining about gamers out of the blue a couple pages ago too. What is going on with you two?

We have actual souls instead of being some GBS/CSPAM subhuman troglodyte.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Why is this kind of post allowed? Just curious

If it's OK to post about how Muslims should be harassed and killed, and it's okay to use naughty swears like "gently caress", it's okay to speak about the harassment and lynching of Muslims in vulgar terms. It's actually morally obligated so that evildoers like you can't conceal your perverse, rotten desires under a veil of fair language.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Clinton lost like 4% of the black vote and 6% of the hispanic vote compared to Obamas numbers. So there's already fewer minorities voting for the Democrat

Oh dear maybe we should try to appeal to them. Or is that "identity politics"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Brainiac Five posted:

We lost to Donald Trump because we didn't rape and murder a Muslim lesbian on live television? What an interesting point of view to have! Reactionaries are so stupid, aren't they?

This sure is a post?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

We have actual souls instead of being some GBS/CSPAM subhuman troglodyte.

If it's OK to post about how Muslims should be harassed and killed, and it's okay to use naughty swears like "gently caress", it's okay to speak about the harassment and lynching of Muslims in vulgar terms. It's actually morally obligated so that evildoers like you can't conceal your perverse, rotten desires under a veil of fair language.

You actually sound mentally ill and should seek help ASAP.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Black Baby Goku posted:

an attack is an attack. There's been quite a few in this country recently. I love how easily you try to sweep it under the rug however.

So what should be done about it?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

Can you quote a time where BBG said Muslims should be harassed and killed?

zegermans posted:

Oh dear maybe we should try to appeal to them. Or is that "identity politics"

Democrats should absolutely appeal to minorities. We just need to figure out what appeals to minorities. It looks black people and hispanics like Trump more than Romney. We just gotta figure out what that means

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

We lost to Donald Trump because we didn't rape and murder a Muslim lesbian on live television? What an interesting point of view to have! Reactionaries are so stupid, aren't they?

Black Baby Goku posted:

Attacking identity politics because economic and class is more important is a thing the left needs to do to win. Your fee fees and pronouns don't come before class

:nutshot:

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

You actually sound mentally ill and should seek help ASAP.

There's no need to post like this. The majority of USPOL will go along willingly and satisfy your cravings by pretending you want to be reasoned with. You could just ignore me completely and get everything you want, but you're apparently really thin-skinned.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

There's no need to post like this. The majority of USPOL will go along willingly and satisfy your cravings by pretending you want to be reasoned with. You could just ignore me completely and get everything you want, but you're apparently really thin-skinned.

Like call this concern trolling if you want, but you come across as mentally unhinged.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can you quote a time where BBG said Muslims should be harassed and killed?

Democrats should absolutely appeal to minorities. We just need to figure out what appeals to minorities. It looks black people and hispanics like Trump more than Romney. We just gotta figure out what that means

You don't appeal to them by calling the other guy a racist.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

When you said evil will triumph if good men do nothing, are these posts of yours supposed to be examples of a good person doing something?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

Like call this concern trolling if you want, but you come across as mentally unhinged.

Craziness is just a way of saying people's behaviors don't make sense to you. Since you decided to get your jollies by posting about how you hate Muslims and Jews, and about how women lie about being raped, I am glad that I don't behave in a way that makes sense to you. It would be worrisome if I did.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

Craziness is just a way of saying people's behaviors don't make sense to you. Since you decided to get your jollies by posting about how you hate Muslims and Jews, and about how women lie about being raped, I am glad that I don't behave in a way that makes sense to you. It would be worrisome if I did.

He is talking about how I called out "Jackie" from uva for being fake as soon as the article hit and everyone had their torches lit already to burn down all frats. We know how that story turned out.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

He is talking about how I called out "Jackie" from uva for being fake as soon as the article hit and everyone had their torches lit already to burn down all frats. We know how that story turned out.

It is a shame that fraternities didn't all get burned down, alas. Some good might have come of the affair, instead of some frail little ghost of a man eagerly bouncing up and down in his computer chair about how he owned those suckers when he posted "women lie" repeatedly.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

It is a shame that fraternities didn't all get burned down, alas. Some good might have come of the affair, instead of some frail little ghost of a man eagerly bouncing up and down in his computer chair about how he owned those suckers when he posted "women lie" repeatedly.

You are mentally unwell.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

You are mentally unwell.

It's gotten you to shut up about how we need to appeal to folksy white racists like yourself.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

That source includes gang violence because it's about gun violence in general. "Mass shootings," as a largely specific phenomenon common in America historically, are distinct in their motivation and the way they tend to play out.

Here is a thing by Mother Jones. Of note: since the '80s, about half of all mass shootings were white dudes. But that ratio is much more biased towards white men since 2000, and mass shootings have increased greatly in frequency since 2006. Do the math.

Again, what's your definition of a mass shooting. Cause if it's the commonly accepted 3 or more, it's not a majority of white dudes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

I don't want to be tarred with the same brush as BBG, but I think the discovery that a woman wasn't brutally gang-raped, and that a fraternity wasn't using violent gang-rape as an initiation ritual counts as good.

Like, that seems to me to be an inarguable good thing.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Black Baby Goku posted:

I got a lot of poo poo from real-life friends because I immediately smelled bullshit on that story. I really, really hated to be the guy saying that 'hey, maybe this rape story is made up' but there was just a lot that set off red flags for me in the story. Despite being a long-time annoying feminist killjoy on my facebook, people who have known me for years were suddenly calling me a rape apologist. Just goes to show, echo chambers and circle-jerks are pretty much the same no matter what side of the spectrum you are - some people are going to attack you for disagreeing with them no matter what you do. I dearly wanted to 'I told you so' at them but it would have been in poor taste. Oh well, I told them so.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't want to be tarred with the same brush as BBG, but I think the discovery that a woman wasn't brutally gang-raped, and that a fraternity wasn't using violent gang-rape as an initiation ritual counts as good.

Like, that seems to me to be an inarguable good thing.

Considering that the woman in question will probably be harassed continually by BBG and his kind if her identity is discovered? No, I don't think you can say there was a good outcome.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Really the mistake of the Democrats was failing to keep the Dixiecrat wing of the party. They'd have been the counterbalance to the coastal elites.

You don't change anyone's mind by calling Thurmond a racist after all.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Brainiac Five posted:

Considering that the woman in question will probably be harassed continually by BBG and his kind if her identity is discovered? No, I don't think you can say there was a good outcome.

loving christ what the gently caress is this poo poo?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

Wow you are really insane.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

empty whippet box posted:

I got a lot of poo poo from real-life friends because I immediately smelled bullshit on that story. I really, really hated to be the guy saying that 'hey, maybe this rape story is made up' but there was just a lot that set off red flags for me in the story. Despite being a long-time annoying feminist killjoy on my facebook, people who have known me for years were suddenly calling me a rape apologist. Just goes to show, echo chambers and circle-jerks are pretty much the same no matter what side of the spectrum you are - some people are going to attack you for disagreeing with them no matter what you do. I dearly wanted to 'I told you so' at them but it would have been in poor taste. Oh well, I told them so.

Its a shame what happened to the left. It happened to me too.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

cravius posted:

Again, what's your definition of a mass shooting. Cause if it's the commonly accepted 3 or more, it's not a majority of white dudes

I already answered your question before. That definition of mass shooting isn't particularly useful because most of the extraneous stuff that gets included by it, such as gang violence, is stuff that you can easily identify the motivation and causes of. Mental health or politically motivated mass violence are the ones that are outliers and which have intensified in the past ten to twenty years.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

cravius posted:

I would imagine the key difference is shootings where the goal is just to hurt and kill people as many people as possible (with maybe a vague idea of a target) and a shooting where you are trying to kill specific people. If you go to school or work to try to rack up a body count and punish the people there, that's a mass shooting. When you go over to your lovers house or drive by the house of the drug dealer who stole your territory with the intent to harm those people, that is just plain, good old fashioned murder.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

I already answered your question before. That definition of mass shooting isn't particularly useful because most of the extraneous stuff that gets included by it, such as gang violence, is stuff that you can easily identify the motivation and causes of. Mental health or politically motivated mass violence are the ones that are outliers and which have intensified in the past ten to twenty years.

Yes, I guess when you intentionally pare away all the statistics that don't fit your argument, it makes sense to you.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm so confused.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

cheese posted:

I would imagine the key difference is shootings where the goal is just to hurt and kill people as many people as possible (with maybe a vague idea of a target) and a shooting where you are trying to kill specific people. If you go to school or work to try to rack up a body count and punish the people there, that's a mass shooting. When you go over to your lovers house or drive by the house of the drug dealer who stole your territory with the intent to harm those people, that is just plain, good old fashioned murder.

Is one really any different than the other

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

Yes, I guess when you intentionally pare away all the statistics that don't fit your argument, it makes sense to you.

Crazy how that works huh

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cheese posted:

What if you got the workplace you were fired from and start killing people semi-randomly? There's plenty of stories of mass shooters letting specific people they knew go.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

cravius posted:

Is one really any different than the other
Is trying to lash out at society by shooting as many people as you can at your school, with no regard for whether they have personally harmed you or not, any different than pulling out a gun in a bar fight and shooting that one person only?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cheese posted:

Is trying to lash out at society by shooting as many people as you can at your school, with no regard for whether they have personally harmed you or not, any different than pulling out a gun in a bar fight and shooting that one person only?

Is shooting one person the same as shooting 3 or more? Or is it different?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

cheese posted:

Ask that question to the countless innocents killed in driveby shootings, robberies gone wrong, ect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

Is shooting one person the same as shooting 3 or more? Or is it different?
I mean, its a different number? Is driving drunk and killing 1 person in another car different than killing 3? Or is it a different issue than killing people in a car crash because you were texting?

cravius posted:

Ask that question to the countless innocents killed in driveby shootings, robberies gone wrong, ect.
You're right, someone shooting as many anonymous children as they can until law enforcement arrives and kills them is the same thing as a gang related drive by where a stray bullet kills a neighbor. Just gun violence, amirite? loving hell, I guess I fell for it by even engaging.

• Locked thread