Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Since my last couple Blazers posts were somewhat optimistic, I feel like I should add that their defense is making me very worried about the future of a Lillard and McCollum backcourt. If things don't improve I think McCollum is going to be shopped pretty hard.

Out of the 125 guards that meet the MP/G leaderboard this season, Lillard, McCollum and Crabbe are 3 of the 6 with 0 defensive win shares (Swaggy P, Bojan and Afflalo are the other 3).

And in DBPM And Crabbe is 89th, CJ is 107th and Lillard 117th.

IMO Portland was coming into this season basically banking on trading *someone*. Maybe not necessarily CJ but either they thought Crabbe was gonna be on an upwards trajectory or somehow Evan "Meatwad" Turner was going to make CJ dispensible or whatever.

It really sucks but it's hard not to come to the conclusion that CJ really is their biggest and most movable asset, especially with the ET contract hanging over their heads like some sort of fish faced sword of Damocles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there's no way that boris diaw eats a Utah croissant; i bet he has a croissant guy, a baguette guy, and a stripey shirt guy but he shares them all with gobert

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

Macaron chat got me wondering: how do the French players in remote locations get proper croissants? Do you think Diaw and Gobert have live-in croissant guys who wake up at 4AM and get the croissants and espresso going?

I would assume either they make rookies wake up early to get them or use their some of their millions of dollars to get a personal chef to make them.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

chunkles posted:

Macaron chat got me wondering: how do the French players in remote locations get proper croissants? Do you think Diaw and Gobert have live-in croissant guys who wake up at 4AM and get the croissants and espresso going?
you haven't seen the instagrams of tibor pleiss and rudy gobert sitting in chairs that are too small for them in utah cafes? they are spectacular.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

there's no way that boris diaw eats a Utah croissant; i bet he has a croissant guy, a baguette guy, and a stripey shirt guy but he shares them all with gobert

exactly.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

chunkles posted:

I think it's pretty safe to assume Boris has a croissant guy.

I can't stop laughing at those two lists that Zogo posted. The first is Derek Fisher and Bruce Bowen and the second is many of the best players of all time... and Josh Smith.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Utah is full of white people who probably know how to cook white people food pretty decently

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Utah is full of white people who probably know how to cook white people food pretty decently

Hello, former rural state guy here. If cooking white people food means reheating Sysco stuff, yeah, we're pretty good at it.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

euphronius posted:

.. there are French styled bakeries in civilized places.

yeah but he asked about utah and san antonio

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

FedEx overnight is a thing

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Time posted:

I just looked up SRS and it seems like its a good stat. does it have any real problems?

It's pretty good, though I feel like it penalized teams for strength of schedule a little too much, which is a factor teams can't control.

Last year it seemed mostly right, but it did say Indiana was better than Miami and Portland was under +1.0 which seems very low to me. Yeah, some of that is a little problematic. I tend to think Wins is actually a really good way of telling how good a team is and MOV is maybe a bit better than SRS too, but SRS is reasonable.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

diaw has a guy in his entourage whose job is to disparage inadequate french cuisine, he looks like K2 from District B13 and the only English he knows is NO THIS WILL NOT DO which he yells before dumping inadequate au jus into a sewer grate and then stomping off before the intervention of another guy from Diaw's entourage, the guy who quietly compensates the proprietors of patisseries after the first guy stomps all the croissants or headbutts a pot of Bœuf bourguignon into the nearest river which is a mere creek when compared to the Seine

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

How much should we be expecting the Lakers to regress rest of schedule? It is bumming me out that they are .500 and the pick they owe the Sixers might be like 15-20

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well they're going to lose some games regardless with DeAngelo and Randle out of commission for a while.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

'Mormon cuisine' really isn't a thing.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/3shadesofblue/status/803413113374736384

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
As of right now Russ is averaging a triple double

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

But can he make Shirley Temples?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

How much should we be expecting the Lakers to regress rest of schedule? It is bumming me out that they are .500 and the pick they owe the Sixers might be like 15-20

30 - 50 is reasonable

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Metapod posted:

As of right now Russ is averaging a triple double

If you look at the stats for tonight, Russ was 7 for 7 from the free throw line and the other 4 starters were 0 for 0. Thunder win and Russ was the leader in points, rebounds and assists. Kanter was considered a bench player and scored 27 with 3 of 5 at the charity stripe.

I'm calling it right now, Westbrook will go down as the best player never to win a championship. Also Durant, Harden and Westbrook will go down as the three best players on one team to never win one!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://vine.co/v/5Ua90LW2mit

just wanna leave this here

k3mba god

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chilihead posted:

If you look at the stats for tonight, Russ was 7 for 7 from the free throw line and the other 4 starters were 0 for 0. Thunder win and Russ was the leader in points, rebounds and assists. Kanter was considered a bench player and scored 27 with 3 of 5 at the charity stripe.

I'm calling it right now, Westbrook will go down as the best player never to win a championship. Also Durant, Harden and Westbrook will go down as the three best players on one team to never win one!

Weird cause my calculations have Russ winning a championship

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nick I'm not gonna lie i respect you but it feels very good to return the rear end beating favor tonight

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is George Hill the superstar the Jazz always need

dude's averaging like 20 points out of nowhere

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

boxcarhobo posted:

Nick I'm not gonna lie i respect you but it feels very good to return the rear end beating favor tonight

*wisely* such is life in the sporting world....

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tae posted:

I dunno but for Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans I'm glad we parted ways
Better trade every day. Here he is standing up to the "Alt Right"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V7xGmPe0A0
SPencer hawes should never be permitted to dunk

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tae posted:

In a world where people rush to sign Aron Baynes, George Hill is somehow the only ex-Spur that is underrated.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Davis Bertans is hysyerical

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
HE consistently does two out of three of my favorite things in basketball (he doesnt dunk much), irresponsibly deep threes, and blocks.
All this as a ginger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxHAihulT5Q

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

HE consistently does two out of three of my favorite things in basketball (he doesnt dunk much), irresponsibly deep threes, and blocks.
All this as a ginger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxHAihulT5Q

Get back to me when ginger San Antonian children are getting his image shaved into their hair.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wait does this count as a ginger? Fun- lookin fella either way

Pretty sure he's probably only 16 so plenty of upside

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

paternity suitor posted:

They have a rough December schedule (they are on the road for 14 days and come home to the Clippers) but then they have a very home-centric second half of the season, so you can probably pretty safely project the pick at the end of next month. Before that, I wouldn't try. They're still picking up wins they aren't supposed to.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please don't doxx me punkin

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Wait, so you don't pronounce his name "Day-vis"?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Smellyhead posted:

Wait, so you don't pronounce his name "Day-vis"?
no it's dah-vihs

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
ITLM (In The Latvian Manner)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Week 5 Power Rankings (Late)
1. Cavs - Cruisin'
2. Spurs - Had a somewhat soft week but took care of business.
3. Clippers - Still apparently on Thanksgiving break.
4. Raptors - I guess.
5. Rockets - Scoring all the points
6. Bulls - Somehow managed to only have to play two basketball games last week, one of which they lost to a lottery team.
7. Warriors - Speaking of easy schedules.
-- [Irrelevant Line Here] ------------
28. Mavs - I guess the Pelicans win is kind of good.
29. Sixers - Tough schedule but also managing to lose to a Grizzlies team that couldn't score that night was a unique level of bad.
30. Nets - Trying so hard but they even lost to garbage teams like the Blazers and Pacers.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/candacedbuckner/status/803377369612517376

:cool:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Boogie and Wall teaming up makes sense but I doubt it is in Sacramento unless they prove they can be stable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Metapod posted:

Boogie and Wall teaming up makes sense but I doubt it is in Sacramento unless they prove they can be stable

2020 Dallas Mavericks are going to own.

• Locked thread