Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

I said come in! posted:

At least Tom Clancy is dead, UBISoft is still around. Both need to go in order for there to be justice.

:yeah:

All they had to do was make Raven Shield 2 and instead we got lockdown, vegas, and most recently some cawadoody knockoff with the words "rainbow six" rubber stamped on the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

In Training posted:

I don't think I'm cut out for Mega Man 3, I've tried 4 different bosses and haven't even come close to beating any of them.

A lot of the bosses can actually be pretty hard without a weak point weapon or knowing the pattern, that's not unusual. Top Man is basically the first boss because he's super easy and lets you beat shadow man for Ninja Metal Blades which makes things easier on the whole.

If you're getting frustrated take a break and play 4 though? All the weapons are real good/varied and the charge shot makes it hard to get stuck on bosses.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've only played 1/2/3/9/10 but you should skip to Mega Man 9 at some point, that one owns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thesis: is bowser daddy?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stux posted:

Nay, Bowser is Bowser jr from the future. He came back in time so he'd be less lonely as a child.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nay, Bowser is Bowser jr from the future. He came back in time so he'd be less lonely as a child.

yeah but is he Daddy

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stux posted:

yeah but is he Daddy

Naw, not his scene.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Last Celebration posted:

Top Man is basically the first boss because he's super easy

It also gets you the secretly-best weapon in that game.

Stux posted:

Stux posted:

yeah but is he Daddy

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RlMCe6mHP0&t=93s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Looper posted:

B&N is the Gamestop of books, and your analogy is the Citizen Kane of bad ones!!

what's b&n

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's back!!! that's right

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Leather Daddy Gordito SSJ4 Bowser

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

Does the Soul Still Burn?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oddium posted:

what's b&n

American Chapters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

what's b&n

barnes and noble. its like a starbucks surrounded by a non-lending library

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh, the Steam for Books

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

chat thread: dont read this

oddium: hi

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what's good stux

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

digimon cyber sleuth, the game i am currently playing, is what is good

how are you friend

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i started playing eu4 and never stopped but now i'm moving and won't have my computer for a week

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh also i bought bloodborne but i didn't get very far yet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stux i'm sorry to barge in but yes digimon is a very good game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

those are some good games oddium, good choices

i am ignoring the rude poster who has interrupted this conversation

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

It also gets you the secretly-best weapon in that game.

Yeah it's probably my most used weapon now in my MM3 runs but you have to know what it works on or it's real bad, so i figured it would be frustrating on a first run. OTOH the Legacy Collection has a thing that tells you what they're weak to.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Love Stole the Day posted:

:yeah:

All they had to do was make Raven Shield 2 and instead we got lockdown, vegas, and most recently some cawadoody knockoff with the words "rainbow six" rubber stamped on the box.
What are you talking about

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Stux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7NJf4JiZw4

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

precision posted:

Local Gamestop "didn't get enough pre-orders" to have a midnight sale for Pokemon Sun/Moon, and now FF15

RIP, JRPGs? Or does Gamestop just not do many midnight sales unless it's Call of Duty?

Sun/Moon was their best seller of the year.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

oh, the Steam for Books

I work at an independent bookstore and I hate you :mad:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Which version of Forza Horizon 3 is worth it on the black friday sale? I'm on Windows 10. I can't seem to figure out which cars come with the base game compared to the other versions.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh god, everything's going Konami, even Bamco :saddowns:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For some odd reason it has occurred to me that I haven't played enough of Digimon Story.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh great, the one fighting game series I actually like, gently caress.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Housh posted:

Which version of Forza Horizon 3 is worth it on the black friday sale? I'm on Windows 10. I can't seem to figure out which cars come with the base game compared to the other versions.
Don't buy Windows 10 Store/GFWL apps if you can help it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1292807&page=15

today was my first experience using the xbox app since I was gifted forza horizon 3 and I can safely say it's loving worse than uplay because at least uplay works some of the time.

I'm trying to boot Forza and it tells me that I cant be signed in because my 'handle is invalid'. None of the buttons work for changing accounts or re-signing in. Anyone figure out how to solve this? Driving me nuts. I'd rather be driving cars in forza.

edit: had to completely uninstall and reinstall the xbox app. only it wouldn't let me re-install the xbox app. So I used the Beta one instead, and it worked, yay!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm not necessarily gonna say to pour one out for Skylanders and the Toys To Life genre as a whole right now, but with new developments rumored I'd say, keep a bottle handy just in case.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We'll need December gaming puns soon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
we switched you a merry christmas

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

We'll need December gaming puns soon

December chat thread 2008: final fantasy 15 and the last guardian hype station

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Xbox with your ring so bright,
Won't you run my games tonight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ImpAtom posted:

They fixed that in the sequel.

That said, Saiyan characters can beam spam but other races have their advantages. Earthings and IIRC Majins can infinitely combo characters which is arguably more broken than beamspamming because the latter is easy to get around.

There's also the issue that there's a very clear hierarchy of which supers are useful and which ones are completely useless, so the idea of making your own unique dude tailored to your fighting style goes right out the window.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did rainbow six siege end up any good? I doubt I could ever run it and IIRC it is mostly based around multiplayer so it'll probably be dead by the time I could feasibly play it, but I liked the idea of being able to destroy the terrain and shoot and dig through walls and floors and ceilings and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Did rainbow six siege end up any good? I doubt I could ever run it and IIRC it is mostly based around multiplayer so it'll probably be dead by the time I could feasibly play it, but I liked the idea of being able to destroy the terrain and shoot and dig through walls and floors and ceilings and stuff

its been gaining players over time because its a huge cult hit. it will be there for you when you get to it most likely

• Locked thread