Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

gently caress me, this is beautiful! :biotruths: about phrenology, "America belongs to the white man" and completely missing the point.

Must have been related to that Freeper if they were too dumb to get out of a pit everybody else was able to get out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Couldn't be that much dumber than wanting to get into a pit with an enraged mammoth in the first place.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I love how FReep handwaves away the burden of proof.

Trump says 3 million illegal votes with no evidence and they simply say, "Oh prove him WRONG!" rather than make any attempt to prove him right.

It's obvious why, but yet another reason why 'we are so hosed'

The Fake Media empire that pushes the right wing agenda has been building this lattice work of bullshit for years now and no one stopped them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Because in their world rampant voter fraud is a basic fact you don't need to define.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

robotsinmyhead posted:

Trump says 3 million illegal votes with no evidence and they simply say, "Oh prove him WRONG!" rather than make any attempt to prove him right.

The Fake Media empire that pushes the right wing agenda has been building this lattice work of bullshit for years now and no one stopped them.

I'm down for proving him wrong. It would probably involve a recount.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From BREAKING! Active shooter reported on Ohio State University campus posted by freeper grayboots

Part one of two.

quote:

To: grayboots

Prayers up. Kinda curious though at the OSU tweet.

“Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College,” OSU Emergency Management tweeted.

Curious that they actually used “fight” in their tweet.

6 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:18:49 AM by rktman (Enlisted in the Navy in '67 to protect folks rights to strip my rights. WTH?!)

"Run. Hide. Fight." is a series of priorities for mass shooting events as an alternative to the "shelter in place" method. The full version is: Run. If you can't run, hide. If you can't hide, fight back.

With original strikeout

quote:

To: rarestia

"Run Hide Fight"

I would prefer "blow his brains out when he turns the corner" method but of course no doubt he is in a "Fish in a barrel" "gun free zone" so once again people will lose their lives thanks to the insane policies of the left who think it's all one big joke to deny the US citizen their constitutional right to self defense.

21 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:27:03 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hillary Clinton IS a felon.)

Spoiler alert: There was only one suspect.

quote:

quote:

To: SE Mom

Breaking News Feed
@pzf
13m
BREAKING NEWS: POLICE ARE NOW REPORTING THERE ARE 2 SUSPECTS AT OSU STATE CAMPUS. ONE IS DOWN ONE AT LARGE.

25 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:29:40 AM by SE Mom (proud Screaming Eagle mom)

2 suspects sounds like Jihadis.

27 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:30:53 AM by Right Brother

quote:

To: Right Brother

2 suspects sounds like Jihadis.

Converts or "immigrants"?

32 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:35:33 AM by JimRed (Is it 1776 yet? TERM LIMITS, now and forever! Build the Wall, NOW!)

quote:

To: SE Mom

Machette? Sounds likes Muslim attack

44 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:40:16 AM by RummyChick (Trump Train Hobo TM Rummychick. Example - Ryan Romney Kasich. Quit trying to Jump on the Train)

Spoiler alert: There were no guns involved.

quote:

To: GrandJediMasterYoda

Yeah...How well did your “gun ban” work with this MF’er, liberals????

The blood is on your hands alone....

46 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:40:25 AM by JBW1949 (I'm really PC....PATRIOTICALLY CORRECT!!!!)

quote:

To: GrandJediMasterYoda

People need to keep in mind that in these situations the police who respond don’t know a good guy from a bad guy. If you display a weapon for self-defense, the police are likely to think you are a bad guy. They may shoot first and ask questions later and I can’t say I would blame them in an active shooter situation. I sure wouldn’t blame the cops in Dallas, for example.

So yes, by all means, defend yourself with your personal weapon. But be prepared, when the police do show up, to be disarmed and perhaps not politely. It’s better than the alternative.

60 posted on 11/28/2016, 7:44:51 AM by henkster

They want this really, really badly.

quote:

To: CedarDave

I cannot think of a single terrorist attack or shooting in recent years that involved multiple attackers that was not Muslim, can you?

119 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:14:19 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

quote:

To: Fresh Wind

If perp/s is/are/was/were STEM students, wondering about nationality and if foreign, student visas...

140 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:22:25 AM by mewzilla (I'll vote for the first guy who promises to mail in his SOTU addresses.)

Goddamnit, internet. NWS for dead body, NMS for memes.

quote:

To: MNDude
what is this writing

:nws: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyXM0aHUUAACD3W.jpg:large :nws:

150 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:26:16 AM by RummyChick (Trump Train Hobo TM Rummychick. Example - Ryan Romney Kasich. Quit trying to Jump on the Train)

In reply to another similar image (containing what appears to be a body with some officers standing around nearby)

quote:

To: tomkat

The perp? Could just be a social justice warrior lying down in protest of the police presence.

156 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:28:25 AM by Right Brother

Very, very few people are trying to keep a level head about things, and this is a great post. 2014 regdate.

quote:

Nahhhh it’s just better to speculate all into a singular belief before any of the facts come in to stir up a frenzy. Because in the heat of the moment if you’re 100% wrong it’s a “meh somehow it’s usually Muslim” and then it’s onto some other rationalization why the speculation lined up with preconceived notions. If they are right then they’re GENIUS and the spouting of I knew it or told you so rules the day.

There is no longer waiting its now all instant gratification and some sense of emotional stimulant to spout off at the gums and be first to speculate to a correct conclusion

160 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:29:20 AM by Jarhead9297

quote:

To: VaeVictis

And why we cringe when universities promote “safe places”....best to teach them there are no safe places in a fallen world. Vigilence, preparation, defense....

164 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:30:14 AM by del4hope (My tagline was hijacked in 2008)

quote:

To: Raycpa

It sounds like a coordinated attack. The MSM will immediately speculate about White Nationalists to fix the narrative.

171 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:33:10 AM by AppyPappy (If you really want to irritate someone, point out something obvious they are trying hard to ignore.)

In response to news of two people being arrested in a parking garage,

quote:

To: Fresh Wind

Both could be isis sympathizers

172 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:33:31 AM by pangaea6

quote:

To: lancium

Kasich will take it from here. Counsellors, teddy bears, play-doh for the traumatized?

185 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:38:19 AM by bigbob (We have better coverage than Verizon - Can You Hear Us Now?)

quote:

To: AppyPappy

As soon as any name is given, hit all social media platforms and download everything you can.

Those companies are too crooked to not wipe them within seconds if they have to.

187 posted on 11/28/2016, 8:38:22 AM by VanDeKoik

Man, they're really obsessing over the two arrested in the parking garage.

quote:

quote:

To: dforest

Here’s an unconfirmed pic of parking garage suspects:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/803279773455749120

220 posted on 11/28/2016, 9:00:50 AM by lancium

A Colorado sweat shirt? A doper gone mad?

221 posted on 11/28/2016, 9:02:46 AM by crusty old prospector

quote:

quote:

To: Whenifhow

If this isn’t Islam I’ll be shocked.

Just yesterday my brother just got a Smith and Wesson AR 15, and a SW revolver. His liberal wife couldn’t understand why. She has a boy in a dorm at College. It’s going to be interesting to see what her attitude is tonight.

229 posted on 11/28/2016, 9:15:14 AM by PA-RIVER

Why would anyone marry a liberal? Unequally yoked.

242 posted on 11/28/2016, 9:29:11 AM by SVTCobra03 (You can never have enough friends, horsepower or ammunition.)

quote:

quote:

Yes, it’s Islam.

ISIS’s magazine, was telling people to try car attacks, attacks fashioned after the one in Nice, France.

250 posted on 11/28/2016, 9:41:20 AM by BeadCounter ( Drain The Swamp!)

quote:

I just caught a glimpse of a report on MSNBC on my way through the lunch room. They noticed that tactics used by the assailants were those advocated by ISIS. They even speculated that this incident might be related to terrorism!

How long before someone on the Left blames this on Trump and his rhetoric?

255 posted on 11/28/2016, 9:49:55 AM by CapitalistCrusader

quote:

To: justlurking

It may be a couple of days before we get the full story,

Yep, right after they clean up their islam or blm ties.

272 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:04:29 AM by soycd

quote:

To: justlurking

It may be a couple of days before we get the full story,

It also may be that we never get the full story, at least from "official sources."

273 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:04:40 AM by Steely Tom ([VOTE FRAUD] == [CIVIL WAR])

quote:

To: 50mm

Lots of Amish in Ohio. Just sayin’.

278 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:06:58 AM by Flick Lives (Les Deplorables Triumphant)

To be continued.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Part two of two.

This isn't the first post in that thread containing this news, but it's the first from a trustable news organization. That said, originally this was not a link to the tweet, but a screencap of the tweet hosted by ... Jihad Watch.

quote:

To: LouieFisk

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/803297778583609344

287 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:18:29 AM by LouieFisk

quote:

To: LouieFisk

Round em’ up.

289 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:21:00 AM by Art in Idaho (Conservatism is the only Hope for Western Civilization.)

quote:

To: Truth29

If the perp is a Muslim refugee, and some outfit like Catholic Charities helped place him in the US, I hope any organization that had anything to do with bringing him here gets sued into penury.

294 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:23:52 AM by mewzilla (I'll vote for the first guy who promises to mail in his SOTU addresses.)

loving hell.

quote:

To: Truth29

Man, am I good or what? I totally predicted Muslims would be behind this!

Go look back at my comments if you don’t believe me!

295 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:25:02 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

quote:

To: JimRed; All

next up before the story vanishes from msm.....his family will say he was off his meds. Bi-polar...then the family will be taken to the same place as the SB shooter family and the pulse family are.

302 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:33:07 AM by ColdOne ((poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11~WE DID IT DEPLORABLES!EraseThe0bagambiLegacy!)

quote:

To: tcrlaf

No name or motive given yet.

Mohammed and Islam. Do I win a cookie?

303 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:33:23 AM by Tijeras_Slim

quote:

No name or motive given yet.

No motive? Jihad against infidels and the Great Satan is always the main motive. Details are irrelevant.

307 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:35:50 AM by CedarDave (Proud member of Hillary's Deplorables class of 2016.)

With original bolding in the quote.

quote:

To: ColdOne

a Somali refugee & lawful permanent resident of the US

THERE'S the problem right there!

314 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:42:51 AM by PROCON (Onto the Great American Rebirth!)

quote:

To: rdl6989

Somalia? There’s no terrorism there. /sarcasm

We can thank Bush1 for bringing these psycho Somalis into America to bred more psycho Somalis to kill, maim and create havoc.

320 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:46:41 AM by Grampa Dave (Hey, whining losers,Trump will just go ahead & make things better for us without you!!!!")

quote:

I told my wife after the Conventions:

Watch, the terrorism will stop until after the Election

324 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:52:02 AM by A_Former_Democrat ("Liberalism is a mental disorder" On FULL Display NOW BOYCOTT PepsiCO)

The one good thing that W tried to after 9/11 do was not directly attack Islam. A whole lot of good that did.

quote:

To: Grampa Dave

And Bush the 2nd did nothing to stop immigration either. With the 9-11 attacks he had the opportunity handed to him on a silver platter and did nothing to stop it.

326 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:54:22 AM by bella1 (Je suis deplorable)

quote:

To: bella1

“And Bush the 2nd did nothing to stop immigration either. With the 9-11 attacks he had the opportunity handed to him on a silver platter and did nothing to stop it. “

It just haunts me how much good Bush could’ve done after September 11. He wasted all of his political capital on the stupid trillion dollar war against Iraq that nobody really wanted. Just think, he could easily made a wall across Mexico, deport all criminal immigrants, and stop all migration from Muslim countries into the USA.

346 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:34:00 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

quote:

To: Sarah Barracuda

I think that he is a Somali Muslim with a Muhammad in his name just proves Trump’s point earlier this year about why vetting people coming into this country, while keeping out those who cannot be vetted, is so important to American citizens, and of the security of any one of us.

It’s not racist or bigoted to want Americans to live!

347 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:38:00 AM by Alas Babylon!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From MSNBC: Ohio State Suspect A Somali Refugee posted by freeper tcrlaf

quote:

Muslim... not Michigander.

I’m waiting for Obama to comment that we shouldn’t over-react, because “This isn’t who we are.”

4 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:41:48 AM by Pearls Before Swine

Religion Of Peace.

quote:

Somali = 99.9% ROP.

7 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:43:22 AM by proust (Trump / Pence 2016!)

quote:

To: smokingfrog

Geee! I hope those diaper-pins protected the OSU snowflakes.

8 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:43:43 AM by Cletus.D.Yokel (Catastrophic, Anthropogenic Climate Alterations: The acronym explains the science.)

quote:

To: ColdOne

OH WONDERFUL!! And I live on Mogadishu on the Mississippi...with more Somali’s than there are in Somalia!!
GAWD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:43:56 AM by MagUSNRET

quote:

A student? In other words tax dollars are probably paying for his tuition?

11 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:43:57 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

quote:

Of course...this is why the fake MSM news waited a long time to mention it.

18 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:46:07 AM by WKUHilltopper

quote:

To: Pearls Before Swine

“This isn’t who we are.”

I've come to detest that phrase. Some leftist propagandist came up with it, and it's been on the lips of every Democrat since then, usually to defend some policy (e.g., gay marriage) which is decidedly NOT who we've been for most of our history.

27 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:47:58 AM by Steve_Seattle

quote:

When folks want to know why I disapprove of Islamic immigration I explain it like this.

Strangely enough, immigration from Islamic states is predominantly made up of young military age men. Although there is a Christian populace there under constant attack, the “refugees” who come here have very few Christians among them.

These men have been raised since birth being taught to hate the West and in particular the United States.

Out of every 100 people who come here, there may be one or two Christians among them. Out of the 98 or so left, we have no idea how many despise the U.S. and want to cause it and it’s people harm. They would be terrorists on U.S. soil.

Islamic adherents trash any vestiges of Christianity in the public arena. It also pushes to have it’s own set of rules in the nations that let it in, called Sharia Law.

Sharia Law approves of all manner of vile practices against women. Rape, mutilation of genitalia, women owned as if live-stock, women stoned for being raped, single digit aged little girls who are given away in marriage to 65 to 70 year old men...

Rape of Western women is considered a tactic of a conquering army. Rapes of Western women across Europe is very high.

41 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:51:34 AM by DoughtyOne (jcon40, "Are we be coming into the age of Sanity?")

quote:

What kind of vehicle was the dead Somali “suspect” driving, a hybrid?

42 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:52:02 AM by equaviator (There's nothing like the universe to bring you down to earth.)

quote:

Another piece of negative news about Islam. When will we ever hear something positives about these barbarians? Throw them all out and MAGA. With them in our midst the country can never become great again, guaranteed. Import enough of them and we will become like them.

55 posted on 11/28/2016, 10:59:01 AM by 353FMG (AMERICA IS ALL THAT TRULY MATTERS)

quote:

To: InABunkerUnderSF

A responding officer shot the suspect dead

I so love a happy ending.

58 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:00:07 AM by Puppage (You may disagree with what I have to say, but I shall defend to your death my right to say it)

quote:

Trump's Fault.

Trump's Hateful Rhetoric questioning Obama’s flooding the US with young male immigrants from Islamic countries drove him to it.

Also, the campus cop likely is a Trump supporter, inspired by Trump's Violent Rhetoric to violently shoot the unarmed refugee.

So doubly Trump's Fault.

If there are any other aspects of this that are Trump's Fault that I neglected to include, please let me know.

60 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:02:10 AM by CardCarryingMember.VastRightWC (Folks ask about my politics. I say: I dont belong to any organized political party. I'm a Republican)

quote:

To: CarolAnn

Be careful getting too close to them. Their death cult commands them to lie to infidels to gain our trust, so they can attack us and advance Islam. It's called "taqiyya", a tenet of Islam. Taqiyya is how the 9-11 hijackers justified shaving, drinking liquor, and hanging out in strip clubs.

Lie to us, gain our trust, then cut our heads off like they did that woman in Oklahoma. Be very, very careful who you choose to love to pieces, because they could be planning to do the same to you.

76 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:13:55 AM by wku man (Just One Gun, the latest from 10 Pound Test - hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6uFqQenIU4)

quote:

To: CarolAnn

I work with some Somolis and they’re great. Love them to pieces.

Do they get prayer breaks and rugs to hail their Satan?

89 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:30:25 AM by soycd

Christ, these people...

quote:

What? Amazing...another Obamabot hard at work, trying his best to kill and injure, innocent Americans. Hail to the Chief...the “Obama” one that adores and worships despot/tyrant, Fidel Castro, and his communist ilk that hates the American Republic and keeps the Cuban people enslaved in “ forever” poverty and government control!!! American folks....”How’s that Obama/Clinton, “Hope & Change working out for you folks, these days?”

91 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:34:27 AM by JLAGRAYFOX (Defeat both the Republican (e) & Democrat (e) political parties....Forever!!!)

quote:

The other one, besides “that’s not who we are,” is “that’s on the wrong side of history.” So when the last election showed they “were not who we are,” and that the left “is on the wrong side of history,” they had a mass psychotic episodes with violence, cry rooms, therapy dogs and all the rest.

105 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:50:13 AM by Theophilous Meatyard III

quote:

Dang! Ohio State is my undergrad alma mater. In my years of attendance, we (thank G-d) didn’t know from Muzzlimes, Somalis, or terrorism. We just attended our classes and cheered for the mighty BUCKEYES at football games. I am overjoyed that this piece of filth masquerading as a human was killed. I hope they haul the carcass over to their Agriculture buildings and give the hogs there a treat for Cyber Monday. OSU would have the very last place I would imagine a Muzzlime terrorist attack, it’s so bucolic.

106 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:50:47 AM by EinNYC

quote:

Who the hell DIDN’T know he was a Muslim since they gave NO IFORMATION about him!! PATHETIC “reporters”.

108 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:51:47 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

You can BET that he pays NO TUITION!!! NONE of these people do....that’s why it costs TAX-PAYING CITIZENS THOUSANDS MORE than it SHOULD!

110 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:53:15 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

loving freep...

quote:

To: smokingfrog

Witnesses say that as they were evacuating the building, a man driving a car jumped the curb and mowed down the crowds of innocent bystanders.

In my personal experience, Somalis have great difficulty driving according to the laws as it is. They are, generally speaking, very poor drivers.

112 posted on 11/28/2016, 11:55:09 AM by FamiliarFace

quote:

Well, Somali "refugees" can afford to attend $30,000 - $60,000 a year colleges and university just like that...while American parents save and scrimp for decades to send their kids to places of higher learning....and STILL can't afford to do it in today's economy.

What gives? These must be pretty wealthy youngsters they're letting in these days. And if they're wealthy, why are they called "refugees"?

(...rhetorical questions, of course).

124 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:08:48 PM by MinuteGal (GO TRUMP !!!.......GO PENCE !!!)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Ohio State Attack Suspect Is Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 20-Year-Old Somali Refugee; posted by freeper CivilWarBrewing

poo poo like this is how conspiracy theories start.

quote:

Abdul. Seems 'active shooter' was another LIE by the media. Also, no mention of ISIS yet? The media can GO TO HELL!

1 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:06:01 PM by CivilWarBrewing

quote:

To: CivilWarBrewing

Prosecute all government officials who’ve failed to enforce immigration laws complicit and an accessory to this crime.

4 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:07:41 PM by WKUHilltopper

quote:

Leftist, multi-culti social-engineers like to pick the most backward, illiterate, corrupt and inbred cultures for importation to America.

They like the many opportunities for dilution of traditional American culture, chaos and social conflict.

7 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:08:17 PM by PGR88

quote:

Deport his entire family.. NOW!!!!

11 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:09:24 PM by NormsRevenge (Semper Fi - Monthly Donors Rock!!!)

quote:

Black knives matter!

15 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:10:24 PM by Viking2002 (My attitude in your rear view mirror may be bigger than it appears......)

quote:

"People want to jump to conclusions and you should guard against that.. You could have one person mad at another person and that could be the beginning and end of all of this" -- Shep Smith, Fox News

FIRE THIS SUMBICH NOW!

16 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:10:29 PM by CivilWarBrewing (Females DESTROYED America.)

quote:

Meanwhile, colleges do all they can to attract more and more muzzards to enroll. I’m wondering who pays their tuition and room/board?

22 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:12:50 PM by I want the USA back (Lying Media: willing and eager allies of the hate-America left.)

quote:

To: boycott

One witness said "The man was going insane"..

This Quran and serious 'rug time' does that to people.

32 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:14:51 PM by CivilWarBrewing (Females DESTROYED America.)

quote:

Somalia is one of the WORSE pit-holes of the world...and if was thrown out of THAT sewer, he must be one of Satan’s minions.

34 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:15:45 PM by cloudmountain

quote:

This cesspool of islamic and blm scum MUST be cleaned up after we get rid of the democrat enablers. Round them up and ship this filth out of here.

36 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:16:22 PM by soycd

quote:

Disappointed they did not use more bullets. As a taxpayer and a supporter of OSU since my son is just finishing up there, I’d like my money’s worth...just sayin....

41 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:17:50 PM by oust the louse (The LEFT has no principles, it only has goals! They are the party of death and taxes.)

quote:

To: WKUHilltopper

The officials who allowed this creep in, those who signed releases, etc., are accessories to murder.

51 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:22:28 PM by 91B40

quote:

To: PGR88

Identity politics, cultural marxism and political correctness are among the various divide & conquer tactics used to achieve control & power.

These kinds of tools always been used by those who advocate & benefit from state sponsored terror of its citizens. It was as probably true 10,000 years ago as the first proto-states developed as it is today.

So, while the constant threat to individual freedom & liberty isn't new, the ways & means that it's engineered can alter from case to case.

IMO, however, what's really remarkable aren't the tricks & games used to achieve divide & conquer, but that the people of the US finally woke up in time to recognize the threat.

56 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:25:17 PM by semantic

quote:

FIRE THIS SUMBICH NOW!

Should sharia take over here.....would like to see the look on Sheps face right before they give him the full on sharia treatment.

65 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:34:13 PM by ColdOne ((poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11~WE DID IT DEPLORABLES!EraseThe0bagambiLegacy!)

quote:

Surprised it wasn’t another Amish guy gone berserk. FBI is desperately looking for a motive at this time no doubt. Trump can’t be sworn in as POTUS fast enough. Deport the family TODAY, level their taxpayer funded housing too.

67 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:36:13 PM by TnTnTn

quote:

Another dead democrat.

75 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:40:58 PM by Oldeconomybuyer (The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.)

quote:

So, police shot and killed another black man who didn’t have a gun. BLM riot to begin shortly.

77 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:41:01 PM by tnlibertarian

quote:

How long until Kasich comes out to Defend this confused Muslim??

85 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:49:02 PM by eyeamok (destruction of government records.)

quote:

courtesy of NBC's Tom Winter, we have the alleged Somali refugee suspect's name

Question: when were the American people asked if they wanted to give refuge to tens of thousands of Somalis? Why was this done without the consent of the people? Why do the Democrats and the GOPe think it's OK to import thousands of Muslims without checking with the citizens of this nation? And are we going to hold the politicians who imported these Somalis responsible?

89 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:50:09 PM by AnotherUnixGeek

quote:

& as we speak, CAIR holding press conference about the threatening letters sent to them that they probably wrote themselves.

97 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:57:54 PM by rainee (Her)

quote:

To: WayneS

Nah, Millersburg area Amish.

You can tell by "Razak", Amish for "sodomized goat", in the middle of that name.

103 posted on 11/28/2016, 1:03:16 PM by Rashputin (Jesus Christ doesn't evacuate His troops, He leads them to victory !!)

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I wondered when this would start ...

quote:

Some of people who’ve been at FR a long time, but only start posting nonsense that makes conservatives look like fools, idiots and moroons, are actually leftist democrats/d.u./mediamatters agents who are paid by Soros.

45 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:45:47 PM by muleskinner

from Why is Drudgereport ignoring PizzaGate?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

You're a braver man than me, I took one look at those threads and immediately closed the tab.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Trump's Fault.

Trump's Hateful Rhetoric questioning Obama’s flooding the US with young male immigrants from Islamic countries drove him to it.

Also, the campus cop likely is a Trump supporter, inspired by Trump's Violent Rhetoric to violently shoot the unarmed refugee.

So doubly Trump's Fault.

This, but unironically.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MeLKoR posted:

Yes, but I would still like to watch them actually have to swallow that cock.

Sadist

McGlockenshire posted:

Sure you did, Kit Cat. Sure you did.

I'll bet they said for the state races since they can rather than the national and she just went batshit selective hearing...and that's the best explanation

Yeah, a country with the most polluted waters and people get poo poo on figuratively and literally for change as a paycheck sounds like an awesome country for human rights and to take examples from...loving freep

Fathis Munk posted:

This continent had NO indigenous people but the FIRST humans here were Caucasian.

Lol, the gently caress? I'm pretty sure "caucasian" wasn't a thing with the early peoples. They originated in Asia for gently caress's sake

robotsinmyhead posted:

Not that nothing was tried. Fox won their case that their bullshit could be labelled news

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 29, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Wow, this has 230 replies. I bet that it devolves into a stupid flamewar before we hit the bottom of the second page.

I'm kind of glad that the doubters come out strong early.

quote:

To: The_Republic_Of_Maine

Not denying a ton of smoke here, but until a victim comes forward, I don’t see how it goes anywhere.

2 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:20:17 PM by Behind the Blue Wall

quote:

What news would you put up if you were Drudge?

3 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:20:24 PM by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)

quote:

Probably because it’s an imaginary story that doesn’t actually exist, never actually existed, and is kind of pathetic.

5 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:21:13 PM by discostu (If you need to load or unload go to the white zone, you'll love it, it's a way of life)

It can't last, of course.

quote:

To: Behind the Blue Wall

The story moves forward when the NYPD, the FBI and other agents of the deep state decide the time is right. Which is not now, while Obama can still issue pardons.

7 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:22:33 PM by sourcery (Non Acquiescit: "I do not consent" (Latin))

quote:

Because it’s not true

9 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:22:52 PM by Dagny Taggart

quote:

I haven’t followed it much lately but I never saw enough to give it much credibility.

I don’t believe in accusing people of being pedophiles without much evidence. It is way to serious of a charge.

10 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:23:54 PM by boycott (S)

The hell?

quote:

To: Behind the Blue Wall

Do you remember that photo line where Uncle Joe was standing beside the 13y old girl and quietly said to her that standing beside her made him really horny?

12 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:25:06 PM by sanjuanbob

I think I'm just going to post every one of these.

quote:

To: sourcery

The story is 100% FICTION. Made up BS, no proof, no facts, not even actual rumors. It’s just crap some dude pulled out of his posterior to show how gullible some people are. Congratulations, you’re part of the problem.

14 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:27:30 PM by discostu (If you need to load or unload go to the white zone, you'll love it, it's a way of life)

quote:

No real facts that it is true?

15 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:27:55 PM by ColdOne ((poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11~WE DID IT DEPLORABLES!EraseThe0bagambiLegacy!)

quote:

Because Drudge is smart enough not to buy into fan-fiction
fantasy crap made up by bloggers just looking for a few hits.

Maybe that’s why.

16 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:29:27 PM by humblegunner

quote:

To: discostu; Frapster

Probably because it’s an imaginary story that doesn’t actually exist, never actually existed, and is kind of pathetic.

Dang, you guys beat me to it........

17 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:29:56 PM by Hot Tabasco

quote:

“I don’t believe in accusing people of being pedophiles without much evidence.”

Esp. when there’s no victim(s) coming forward.

19 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:30:14 PM by LouieFisk

Almost 20 posts of skeptics. Not bad. Not bad at all.

quote:

To: discostu

And you know this because you, too, have pictures of naked children all over you house? You too make sure that when you invite people over for a party you tell them in your email that there will be three! young children in the hot tub? You too have “accidentally” made the logo for your business match the FBI’s signs for pedophiles?

22 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:31:43 PM by SubMareener (Save us from Quarterly Freepathons! Become a MONTHLY DONOR!)

So, twenty posts of skeptics and then it goes full slapfight five minutes and ten posts later.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, I’m the solution. Critical thinking and not buying into paranoid BS is the future. At least I sure hope it is.

There is no pizzagate, and anyone that thinks there is is just plain stupid.

30 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:35:39 PM by discostu (If you need to load or unload go to the white zone, you'll love it, it's a way of life)

I formally request that you be banned from FR.

31 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:36:50 PM by sourcery (Non Acquiescit: "I do not consent" (Latin))

I formally request you use your head. We’ll see who gets what they want.

33 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:37:58 PM by discostu (If you need to load or unload go to the white zone, you'll love it, it's a way of life)

JimRob's son chimes in.

quote:

It really does feel like something constructed to discredit the Podesta WikiLeaks. Just because the source says they are a friend doesn’t mean they are, we know the conniving nature of the machine.

38 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:41:37 PM by John Robinson (I am a twit @_John_Robinson)

Freepers that get jury duty notices must be a prosecutor's dream come true.

quote:

To: discostu; Admin Moderator

By falsely claiming--without any proof whatsoever--that the allegations are false, you absolutely do make yourself complicit in the sexual abuse of children.

Sure, the charges might be false. But given the totality of the evidence, there is far more than probable cause to pursue a formal investigation.

40 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:43:55 PM by sourcery (Non Acquiescit: "I do not consent" (Latin))

So it looks like the official party line is about to be that it's a hoax. Finally.

quote:

So you also make yourself complicit in the sexual abuse of children.

You might as well count me in there too since you’re throwing around the accusation. So far, from what I have seen, PizzaGate is a hoax meant to discredit real Podesta-related research. Something may come of it to change my opinion, but so far it hasn’t proved anything but the gullibility of people.

52 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:50:22 PM by John Robinson (I am a twit @_John_Robinson)

Again, I want to state how pleased I am to see this type of discussion on freep, especially after today.

quote:

I agree. This story has so many holes Arnold could drive his hummer through them. The Podesta link to a murder in Portugal is pretty outrageous, given that the guy is quite a public figure, has been for a long time, and there is zero evidence that he was even IN Portugal May 3, 2007. That hasn’t stopped all these Youtubers from making videos linking John to this girl’s murder. Twitter is full of people making huge leaps of logic in order to string together their “strong case” against the Podestas, which they then link to this loser stick who runs the Comet Pizza joint. Weirdo? YES! Maybe even a sicko personally. But running a bona fide child trafficking/sex ring out of the place? You’re gonna need more than a few crappy logos that resemble FBI pedo signs, bad art, and 1 sicko performer who could have been renting the place, on video laughing about pedophilia.

Seriously I think these people would be very at home in Salem back in the day, or maybe in a the South after the Civil War. Evidence? Hey somebody said that guy was a thief, and that’s good enough for me! Let’s hang em!

It’s really atrocious. @#$holes like Cernovich are using this to grow their followings and rake in more $$$ - and Alex Jones, while far more likeable than Cernovich - also makes his cash by driving idiots toward stories like these. And crying in his videos :) But I find him mildly entertaining anyway.

Tony Podesta is a FREAK. Maybe he is involved in some weird crap, I don’t know. But 1 “Spirit Dinner” with no proof it was anything other than an elite fest of like minded liberals who love to push the limits and show how cutting edge they are - and some horrific shock art in his house - doesn’t mean the emails about Pizza were anything but. I’ve read through plenty of them. Even the Herb Sandler one sounds like some rich people I know, they way they talk in exaggerated caricature tones - “AHH DAWWLING...”. Sounds like Podesta sent them Pasta every year, and this year sent cheese. Big deal.

I urge FReepers to look at how many leaps of logic you are required to make, and dots you are required to connect yourself, in order to believe this PizzaGate stuff has merit. There may be some shady crap going on in DC, but I don’t think John Podesta is at the center of it. If PizzaGate is true, show me where he was in Portugal on May 3, 2007!

63 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:58:46 PM by nerdgirl

So yeah, by now it really is a flamewar, only it's freepers that don't buy pizzagate all dogpiling onto freepers sourcery and Electric Graffiti, but it's kind of boring and just rehashes what we've seen over and over. Freepers nerdgirl and miss marmelstein also get into it. There are a few more large posts that aren't really remarkable, and a handful of freepers have come out of the woodwork to talk about how false allegations of child abuse have ruined lives of people they know.

What I want to know is where these freepers were during all the previous threads.

Here's one more for the road, though.

quote:

To: Tilted Irish Kilt

Getting sued for libel is a significant issue.

Absolutely. So, why has no one, from either Podesta, to the Clintons, to the myriad of DC bigs sued at least one insignificant internet poster/blogger or vlogger? Because the initial indications came from the Podesta emails released by WikiLeaks, which have been verified. Not once has WikiLeaks been sued for putting forth falsehoods.

If any of us were accused of child trafficking, public posting of CP, Satanic ritual abuse, wouldn’t we sue, immediately for slander &/or libel? Certainly, they must have loads of witnesess from patrons to workers to suppliers who are in and out of the shop and attendees at their innocent get-togethers or their friends and family who can attest that nothing remotely resembling the allegations ever happened in any of those venues.

Where are the missing children? What explanations are there for the deaths of people investigating far-flung aspects of these allegations?

The only refutation I am aware of is the chef/owner of Comet screaming at curious citizen journos and ranting to the local press, which isn’t the same thing. Oh, and the Spirit Cook protesting faintly on Twitter that she’s not a Satanist. Because, you know, there’s a difference between Satanism and Luciferianism.

In fact, where IS John Podesta these days? He’s sort of invisible.

There have been allegations of CIA mind-control resulting in unspeakable actions roughly every ten years since the fifties. Each time, the CIA denies, redacts and promises it has shut down every experimental venue. Then it pops up again and everyone goes through the same Kabuki dance again. A few unfortunates get thrown to the wolves, they take their lumps for the team and on and on it goes.

People claiming to be survivors have been allowed to continue their allegations for decades, with no official refutation. Otherwise, they appear to live normal, productive lives and continue their assertions. They range in age from 5-70 and live in various separate places around the globe. Up until the late 90s, there was no Internet to connect them, yet some have made their allegations for twenty years prior to that. Children below the age of ten have described things to experienced psychologists that they could not know without having experienced it firsthand. Medical examinations of these children back up their claims of sexual abuse. Bodies have been found. Isolated individuals take the fall for multiple gruesome murders and most of the accused go on with their lives.

But, of course, there is nothing to it, all kids make up such stories with these depraved details, because children are like that. Even children from rural venues in more protected eras when our culture was much less graphic.

Meanwhile, VIP pedo rings have been busted in Belgium, the Netherlands, UK and Australia. So, of course, it’s irresponsible to present indications it might be happening in the US. And occult symbols are just aesthetic, everyone knows that.

Too much smoke. Somewhere, there is a fire. And if not, people need to sue to stop the hysteria. At the very least, the public needs reassurance in the form of undeniable refutation that their disgust, soul sickness and fear for their own children is unfounded.

197 posted on 11/28/2016, 3:42:41 PM by reformedliberal

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
>2 suspects sounds like Jihadis

Always two there are. No more no less. A master and an apprentice.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
Pizzagate is such insane nonsense that Freep recognizes it.

Think about that for a moment.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Some of freep. Some of freep also knew Trump was a disaster too...we'll have to wait to see which face Jimrob's coin lands on to start the next round of purges

McGlockenshire posted:

“I don’t believe in accusing people of being pedophiles without much evidence.”

Esp. when there’s no victim(s) coming forward.

19 posted on 11/28/2016, 12:30:14 PM by LouieFisk

Situation depending, of course. You'll gladly call out people you don't like for being rapists with no evidence, but will scream "lies" when evidence and admittance by a conservative that they were sexually assaulting/raping people.

So wait, that last one is saying because no one sued for libel then it must be true? gently caress, Trump's the most sue happy fucker around and there's a whole loving tidal wave of poo poo about him, true or untrue that he isn't going sue happy over....

Verdugo posted:

>2 suspects sounds like Jihadis

Always two there are. No more no less. A master and an apprentice.

Star Wars was jihad all along

Use the force you will. Blow up innocent people you must.
I mean the answer was right there in the first movie when Luke is told to use the force (Islam) instead of technology to blow up the Death Star. They just edited the "alalalalalalalahu Ackbar!" out and dubbed over them all "alahu ackbar"-ing as they fly away from the explosion to be more family friendly. It must be true, you just read it on the internets

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 29, 2016

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
General Allah Ackbar, famous hero of the rebel alliance.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

robotsinmyhead posted:

This article might be up your alley: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...an-do-about-it/

Unfortunately, its conclusion is also not too far from "we are so hosed"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
God dammit they are jizzing all over themselves about that stabber incident. Sometimes I almost forget that they are not only idiots but also disgusting pieces of poo poo taqueria-ing as humans.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Crystal ball says that today will be an interesting day.

Can't wait for the hottest of hot takes from the constitution loving patriotic freepers.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
I was going to cover one of the threads on Trump's flag burning tweet, assuming that we'd see a good old fashioned freep flamewar, but nope... most agree burning the flag is an expression of hate for the country and therefore should be banned. Those that disagreed all made the same horrible "joke" about making it not a crime to assault someone burning the flag instead. I just saved you a few minutes. You're welcome.

I have never before been tempted to actually burn a flag. I might have to now, just on the principle of the thing.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Guess the context.

quote:

To: gunnyg

...And/or...the new compact cars—Falcon, Corvair, Valiant, etc.—which left little headroom for men’s hats in these smaller cars...

The real killer is the federally-mandated headrest, which is incompatible with any hat other than a ball cap.

22 posted on 11/29/2016, 9:09:02 AM by CurlyDave

From Trump debuts presidential hat posted by freeper GonzoII

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

This article might be up your alley: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...an-do-about-it/

Unfortunately, its conclusion is also not too far from "we are so hosed"

At what point do we start calling this a cult?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

To: gunnyg

...And/or...the new compact cars—Falcon, Corvair, Valiant, etc.—which left little headroom for men’s hats in these smaller cars...

The real killer is the federally-mandated headrest, which is incompatible with any hat other than a ball cap.

22 posted on 11/29/2016, 9:09:02 AM by CurlyDave

Cause I gotta wear a fedora wherever I go....of all the things to bitch about....I can't wear my fancy top hat that hasn't been in style for like 90 years in my car

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

As someone who used to* and rarely still does** wear a hat with a brim, they're being idiots. You can either lower the headrest, lean forward or god forbid take your loving hat off.

Also, older cars just didn't have head rests or had the same problem. You can't really be a good head rest if you only go up some arbitrary (and different between people) amount of head.

I know this is super dumb, but this doesn't even make sense.

*I was a teenager and it was before the whole brony fedora Thing. 17 year old me thought it was cool 10 years ago. (I was wrong.)

**They're not good looking, but they do a good job of keeping the rain off.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Kubrick posted:

At what point do we start calling this a cult?

Around the time the Republican National Convention happened.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Have there been any threads about the 2,000 veterans headed to the Standing Rock to protect the protestors? I'd imagine it's all about Soros money, but who knows...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Stolen valour.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From SERIOUSLY? Ohio State Staffer Urges Sympathy For Terrorist Attacker posted by freeper RummyChick

the excerpt posted:

A staff member at Ohio State University allegedly pleaded with Facebook friends to show a little sympathy for Abdul Razak Ali Artan, the Somali-born terrorist behind Monday's attack that left nine people hospitalized.

The since-deleted post attributed to Stephanie Clemons Thompson, Ohio State University Assistant Director of Residence Life, urged people to "find compassion for his life" and to "come together." The message also warned readers "DO NOT SHARE THIS POST."

Oh, by the way, she's black.

quote:

To: SaveFerris

I’m guessing the author is part of our unassimilated fifth column (see the BLM sh!t at the end); it is amazing that we continue feeding, clothing, and housing these animals that hate us so much.

12 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:11:29 PM by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)

quote:

To: RummyChick

Just more aid and comfort being offered to criminal scum because of their skin color.

15 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:12:03 PM by King Moonracer (Bad lighting and cheap fabric, that's how you sell clothing.....)

quote:

I was wondering what this idiot looked like. Now can she be fired?

24 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:14:46 PM by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)

quote:

I simply can’t wait until President Trump starts unwinding all the “grants” that support these kinds of administrators and drive up the cost of college!

25 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:15:04 PM by SubMareener (Save us from Quarterly Freepathons! Become a MONTHLY DONOR!)

quote:

Gubmint token on workfare...

29 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:15:57 PM by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)

Her formal job title is above, by the way. In the excerpt.

quote:

To: Blue Jays

You know she is making an easy $150,000+ per year as the "Director of Diversity" or whatever her title is at OSU.
Viewed her racially-charged FB page earlier today and it was *anything* but diverse. She is an angry woman.

34 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:17:57 PM by Blue Jays ( Rock hard ~ Ride free)

quote:

Liberals see themselves as morally and intellectually superior. If they have the same feelings and reactions as the pedestrian, inferior types in the basket of deplorables, they can’t continue to see themselves in their own, special golden light. So, they must always sample the reaction of the horrid underclass and navigate to be 180 degrees from it.

Sad, really.

35 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:18:21 PM by Gen.Blather

quote:

To: Stayfree

The maybe woman is a complete affirmative-action idiot. She should be fired. Too bad the moozlum terrorist wasn’t “eliminated” before he attacked those students. Hopefully, he is roasting in hell.

40 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:22:13 PM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?.)

quote:

Stephanie Clemons Thompson, Ohio State University Assistant Director of Residence Life, urged people to “find compassion for his life” and to “come together.”

She needs to meet some islam scum in the dark. Being stupid, it still won’t cure her.

45 posted on 11/29/2016, 4:24:37 PM by soycd

These three back to back contributions are in reply to three different photos of her. The last one is small and low resolution. Reminder: she's black.

quote:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Stupid liberals, feeling sympathy for people different from them. I follow the words of Jesus, who said to hate everybody who isn't exactly like you.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Offering aid and comfort to an individual of a nation that is enemy of yours. Hmmmmmm wasn't there a story like that somewhere?

(and that's working from their assumption that the monobloc Islam is an enemy of the US)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

robotsinmyhead posted:

I don't really use Facebook, how does fake news even work?

Do they use a person's posting/search history to target the ignorant and gullible with wholly fictional clickbait designed to reinforce their facile worldview and then use the garnered pageviews to make their money from advertising?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
People share links to fake news sites. Then their friends see that the article agrees with them and share it with their friends.

When it's shared a lot the algorithm adds it to the important news section.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Gorilla Salad posted:

I don't really use Facebook, how does fake news even work?

Do they use a person's posting/search history to target the ignorant and gullible with wholly fictional clickbait designed to reinforce their facile worldview and then use the garnered pageviews to make their money from advertising?

Usually it involves an article with a clickbait title,. From there, it's either a gross oversimplification of a topic, bent to look more sinister than it is (like a quote taken out of context), or someone opining about a topic without anything really backing it up.

This Thread is pretty good for seeing it.

But yeah, FB uses cookies to track user interests and deliver content like most website do. People can, and do, get completely stuck in an echo chamber of nothing but extremely dubious "news" sites really fast.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Add in that people frequently have circles of friends with political views similar to their own who will share these articles, person only looks at the headline and doesn't click it, it really becomes an insular world right in your feed.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fathis Munk posted:

People share links to fake news sites. Then their friends see that the article agrees with them and share it with their friends.

When it's shared a lot the algorithm adds it to the important news section.

Yeah, think of it like the old email chain letters

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
But who makes the fake news? Do sites deliberately lie to get pageviews?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yes.

See also http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/11/23/503146770/npr-finds-the-head-of-a-covert-fake-news-operation-in-the-suburbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gorilla Salad posted:

But who makes the fake news? Do sites deliberately lie to get pageviews?

Sometimes?

Sometimes it's just people spewing stdh.txt for other reasons that gets picked up by unscrupulous news organizations though