Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gero programmed them with the Godtube App

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CharlestonJew posted:

Gero programmed them with the Godtube App

So it'll crash any time they try to walk while it's open?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kild posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOna8uOZqg

its also why they brought him back for super 17.

The hell? I don't remember this at all. :psyduck:

Did they cut this out of the broadcast version?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

17 was part of Cell for a bit...

Probably what I would go with.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Park Ranger 17 throwing his hands up for the Spirit Bomb is also in the manga.

And I keep forgetting how bad 17's actual dub voice is.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Park Ranger 17 throwing his hands up for the Spirit Bomb is also in the manga.

And I keep forgetting how bad 17's actual dub voice is.

He's got the right voice, I think, it's just the performance that is awful. His general tenor isn't that different from whoever's playing him in abridged, he's just not having nearly as much fun with it.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Does he even have energy to give to the spirit bomb? Will it accept robot ki?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Flippinlikebirds posted:

...If it does, shouldn't either android be capable of personally supplying an infinitely powerful Spirit Bomb? They can't run out of ki.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flippinlikebirds posted:

We see Android 8 contributing to the Spirit Bomb in both Z and Super so probs.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well 17 and 18 aren't robots so

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Excuse me phillistine they are Artificial Humans thank you very much. 'Robot' is their word, you can't use it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

17 and 18 have infinite energy

imagine 17 making a spirit bomb and 18 just feeding him energy for like 100 years

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Raxivace posted:

IIRC in the manga that was supposed to be Launch in that panel originally, but Toriyama changed his mind and had it be 17 instead but kept the original dialogue he wanted to use.

Or so I hear. Take the explanation with a grain of salt.

B-but...

Toriyama openly admitted that after the Saiyan saga he straight up forgot that Launch ever existed...

I think Toriyama is just trolling with us at this point

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

B-but...

Toriyama openly admitted that after the Saiyan saga he straight up forgot that Launch ever existed...

I think Toriyama is just trolling with us at this point
Honestly I find it hard to get an accurate read on Toriyama beyond being able to say he prefers gags to dramatic stuff. Like people talk up his forgetfulness, and I do think he does forget some details (Such as with Shuu having a different name originally), but the manga itself actually seems pretty self-consistent on major details. Like even the time travel in the Androids arc makes a decent amount of sense.

Anyways I found a source on the Android 17/Launch thing: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/db-full-color-majin-buu-arc-06/.

Toriyama posted:

No.17 during the Genki-Dama scene was actually Lunch in the rough draft. Lunch went off chasing after Tenshinhan. Since Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu moved around from place to place as they trained, they really gave her the slip.

Even the bit about her chasing after Tien is actually stated in the beginning of the Saiyan saga IIRC.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I definitely want to see a Dragonball & Cyborg 009 crossover. They've already done One Piece and Devilman, respectively, so it should be no big.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know, I always wondered why 16 didn't get rezzed along with everyone else at the end of the Cell saga.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

You know, I always wondered why 16 didn't get rezzed along with everyone else at the end of the Cell saga.

machines aren't people

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Nobody's entirely sure if he did or not. By the stated rules he should have because Android 8 was.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Somewhere in the Dragon World, a seven-foot ginger bird watcher observers a woodpecker and is at peace.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Is super over? Was it any good?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

facebook jihad posted:

Is super over? Was it any good?

Super is still going and it's quite good, friend.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Funky Valentine posted:

Maybe he did. Where would he pop, back at the Cell Games arena? Maybe he walked off into the woods and never called anyone.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He got revived as a head. He's still in that desert a la Bender.

Nobody visits him now. He'll be alone for all eternity, no longer even having hands for the birdies to peacefully land on.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

17 gathered the dragon balls while nobody was paying attention during peacetime and wished 16 got reincarnated as a bird

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

We don't know for sure but since 8 looks like the Frankenstein's monster and has stitches and all he was probably made from a corpse and is a functional organic being and thus could resurrect, while 16 which is just a full fledged machine made to look like Gero's son and as such he didn't.

As for 17, I always found strange that he reacted to Goku's voice but found even stranger that he didn't trust Vegeta's. He should know he's with the good guys and that if he's begging for help poo poo IS getting real.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 29, 2016

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I have a vague recollection of android 16 being in the manga while goku's doing the spirit bomb against buu. It could just be me hallucinating events from my childhood though

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I was watching some DBZA over again, including the most recent episodes, and I have to say I think the way they portray Goku's instant transmission is the best running gag they've done. Him popping in and out of scenes is never not hilarious.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

imagine Krillin making a spirit bomb and 18 just feeding him energy for like 100 years

They named it Maron.

Soon it will be ready.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I was watching some DBZA over again, including the most recent episodes, and I have to say I think the way they portray Goku's instant transmission is the best running gag they've done. Him popping in and out of scenes is never not hilarious.

It's even funnier because Goku does exactly this in the new episode of Super.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Between the film adaptations of Battle of the Gods and Resurrection of F and the Super arcs, which do goons prefer?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Commissar Budgie posted:

Between the film adaptations of Battle of the Gods and Resurrection of F and the Super arcs, which do goons prefer?

BotG Film, RoF Super.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The film of BotG because it's better, the film of RoF because it's shorter

e: considering all that Super we just went through, it's pretty hilarious in XV2 where SKoT and everyone is going "oh boy, the birth of a new timeline, what an auspicious day!"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

BotG Film, RoF Super.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

BotG Film, RoF Super.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hey man, rof is 1/2 of a very good dbz movie

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't even dislike RoF, I just like the stuff that Super added in more.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Watch the Krillin believes in himself ep and skip the rest.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

sassassin posted:

Watch the Krillin believes in himself ep and skip the rest.

"Oh yeah, I might actually be the strongest full human alive by a fairly wide margin."

Also Ginyu.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Will do. Thanks folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

BizarroAzrael posted:

"Oh yeah, I might actually be the strongest full human alive by a fairly wide margin."

Which episode is this? only really started following super with the zamasu arc and the odd bit of the universe six arc.

• Locked thread