Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I enjoy playing earth rite runecraft even if it's not as good as dshift. Constant waves of Conjure Guardian Golem is entertaining to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

From what I've seen, runecraft is just dumpster tier in arena, they rely too much on card synergies that aren't reliable enough, unlike swordcraft which almost every card synergizes easily

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm mad because I lost 4 of my take 2 games with a blood craft that had 2 bloody Mary and a vamp princess. The deck made itself and I didn't get anything with ward in my selection. So obviously I go up against 4 straight decks that poo poo out ward creatures and a Lord of the flies thay manages to crap out the ward token 3 turns in a row.

3 olivia is probably too much but at least it means I get to dust any more that I get that aren't animated.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Wards aren't anything special in take two and bloodcraft barely has any in the first place. For anyone coming straight from hearthstone, you should really read up on take two tips! Don't try to fool yourself picking the harder classes to draft and just go for the easy ones (sword shadow dragon) and try to draft a good curve with plenty of 2 and 3 and prioritize strong 4s

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 29, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

For newcomers always pick Swordcraft if possible in T2. My first 5-0 was with Sword and it was the most brainless deck to play ever, they just have so much good poo poo in Bronze/Silver it's amazing

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Indecisive posted:

From what I've seen, runecraft is just dumpster tier in arena, they rely too much on card synergies that aren't reliable enough, unlike swordcraft which almost every card synergizes easily

It wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't for the best strategy (take all the earth sigil stuff you can) will, if you're inexperienced or unlucky, just end up with a board full of useless Sigils because your Sigil spawn/consume card ratio was off or you just didn't draw the latter.

Like half my losses with decent to good Runecraft drafts have been to 3 - 4 Sigils on the board and nothing to consume them preventing me from spending all my play points in later turns.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

trucutru posted:

Meanwhile, I went to check the shadowverse reddit and

So :lol::lol::lol:

That place has some people that are like insanely over-protective of their cartoon titties.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Somehow got an animated ancient elf and a rhinoceroach in the same pack. The shadowverse gods have blessed my tempo forestcraft dreams. So I'm 2 legendaries, 2 golds off of having the cheapest version of the whole thing, which is kind of crazy given that I've only crafted one gold card towards it so far.

My concern is the way that unranked works - apparently it's fairly unsophisticated and it only pairs you against people in your rank? It makes it tough to choose how you want to approach having one amazing deck and a bunch of mediocre ones.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 29, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I had a really nice curve but I never got the cards I needed to combo together with like all my bat cards. My choices at the time were blood, shadow, and something that wasn't sword or forest.

Also one of my packs on a lovely reroll was foil for all 8 cards. But I only got like 4 rares and 2 legendaries on that one.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I was really proud of my garbage take two Swordcraft team until I singlehandedly lost to a Deathmist Dragon.

Had never even seen that card before that game but JESUS

I watched a streamer go on a 7-streak in master yesterday using aggro dragon, and that card did serious work. Good by itself, and sets up some amazing alley-oops for siegfried.

Indecisive posted:

sigil runecraft is one of the best arena classes, you should give it more of a chance! It excels at value, which is actually meaningful in the slower environment of taketwo.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That place has some people that are like insanely over-protective of their cartoon titties.

Never underestimate how many people are shameless about jacking it to anime babes

VVVVVVV People who talk like that aren't trolling lmao

Eej fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 29, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In that threat it's pretty much just one uber-dweeb trolling it, either on purpose or just by being one of those "logical" posters.

quote:

Meh, objetification is just a buzzword by now.

But i would like to ask two questions: 1: Could you prove that what SV does is objetification? 2: Could you prove that such thing is, indeed, bad?

I mean, come on!

Anyways, I am just about to hit the A ranks and I am considering just losing a lot to stay in B. Is there much of a difference? The AAs are obviously way harder but I have no idea about A and I would like to be able to continue to win more or less easily at the time being for the daily quests.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

trucutru posted:

Anyways, I am just about to hit the A ranks and I am considering just losing a lot to stay in B. Is there much of a difference? The AAs are obviously way harder but I have no idea about A and I would like to be able to continue to win more or less easily at the time being for the daily quests.

Tank that Rank

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why not just play unranked for dailies in that case?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

why not just play unranked for dailies in that case?

Because some of the dailies ask for ranked matches.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i havent pulled any of those yet. all of mine are always ranked, unranked or take 2 unless they are ones like evolve 5 followers which is anything but private.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

There's one for a pack where you have to win like 6 ranked matches.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

drat i want that one

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

drat i want that one

A few times I have gotten the win 5 (or is it 4?) matches with class A, 6 ranked matches, and 7 whatever matches dream. 2 packs and like 60 gold for seven wins total.

And man, losing rank in the scrub tiers is *slow*. Takes 5 loses to lose the exp you earn from 2 wins with streak. The game funneling everybody into A is kinda weird but it's fine with me.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

So there is some drama going on in a master only tournament held last weekend where the eventual grand winner was treated like crap during the whole tournament (made to wait uncomfortably long during registration using some crappy excuse, and then was put in the bracket with all the other undesirables and that bracket didn't get of its matches broadcasted) and then was treated like crap when he won and didn't even receive any of the prize money

The reason?

He was too ugly and the corporate heads of the tv station who organize and paid for the thing didn't want the winner to be someone of his image :shittypop:

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 29, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is it the weird looking dude in the middle or the awkward kid behind him

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I noticed that the client just updated and the news site says something about preparing for version 1.34. Have they mentioned anything about what that update might entail?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

So there is some drama going on in a master only tournament held last weekend where the eventual grand winner was treated like crap during the whole tournament (made to wait uncomfortably long during registration using some crappy excuse, and then was put in the bracket with all the other undesirables and that bracket didn't get of its matches broadcasted) and then was treated like crap when he won and didn't even receive any of the prize money

The reason?

He was too ugly and the corporate heads of the tv station who organize and paid for the thing didn't want the winner to be someone of his image :shittypop:

Wait, he didn't get the prize money? That TV station is stupid as gently caress.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's a bunch of companies pooling together to sponsor the tournament and leaks are coming out that the tv station (tv asahi) didn't make the decision it was the other side :shrug: But who really knows since a major tv station should be on top of the power hierarchy. The moral is don't let your esports pro dreams be memes, unless you're fugly

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what decks did he play? this will determine how i feel about him getting hosed over

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

yeah if he's a dirty Tempo Elf player I hold no sympathy for him

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Probably ptp forest, I didn't watch it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

which is supposed to be the ugly one

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

which is supposed to be the ugly one

The dude cosplaying as Arisa.

(Actually, it's the guy in the bottom middle).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 29, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

There's one for a pack where you have to win like 6 ranked matches.

so i actually just got one that is a standard ticket for 7 wins in ranked unranked or take 2. i do also have one that is exclusively ranked wins with any class for 60 gold though.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I think pink shirt guy is the worst, but that's because his fashion choices are terrible. If he lost the suit jacket and shaved his patchy neckbeard he would look halfway decent. Everyone else looks normal to me.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
So the next expansion is apparently going to be called "Rise of Bahamut" and we'll get some card spoilers revealed in the next issue of Famitsu.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/29121601.html

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
gdi those images are way too tiny

Pretty cool to hear in any case.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Sophism posted:

So the next expansion is apparently going to be called "Rise of Bahamut" and we'll get some card spoilers revealed in the next issue of Famitsu.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/29121601.html

It's too small to make out for sure, but it's possible that Elana's cost has been increased to 5.

e: the link below says the cards in the Famitsu article are unchanged

Tamba fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 29, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20005894.html

According to this teaser, we got a new keyword coming, called Enhance.

When playing a card with Enhance, if you have at least as much PP as the Enhance number specified, the card now costs that amount, and the Enhance effect activates.

A couple of the more interesting cases translated:

Call of the Ice Prison (Neutral) - 5PP Spell
Destroy an enemy follower.
Enhance 8: Add a Servant of Darkness to your hand.

Purgatory Contract (Shadow) - 3PP Spell
Destroy an enemy follower with 4 defense or less.
Enhance 7: Summon a Pluto. It gains the destroyed follower's stats.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I might be reading it wrong, but Rune is getting a 2 cost 2/2 that Spellboosts a Follower in your hand twice. This owns and is literally the exact thing I was hoping they'd print.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So I can just dust Pluto right now since they're releasing a 7-drop version that can also be played as an early game kill spell, huh. Yeesh.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So I can just dust Pluto right now since they're releasing a 7-drop version that can also be played as an early game kill spell, huh. Yeesh.

Well tbf Pluto can kill big dudes where-as this can only kill dudes with 4 or less defense, but yeah it seems like a much better card. That's probably fine too, I don't think Pluto was all that good really.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Some dude translated them all with pictures here

My first impressions:

White Wolf probably elevates Silver Bolt from meme to real status.

Subleader Gert seems boring but good, hard to imagine it wouldn't be played in Banner or Midrange.

Mysteria Wizard Craig is, as mentioned, exactly what I was hoping they'd print and finally gives the Spellboost Followers that Rune has a reason to exist. Could potentially help to create some new archetypes depending on what else they get.

Salamander Breath I dunno what to say since I don't know much about non-face Dragon, but it seems like a totally reasonable card with good flexibility. I somehow forgot that Enhance effects trigger in addition to the normal effect. 7 cost for a super Swipe seems pretty dope.

Purgatory Contract seems like solid enough card. Maybe leads to big swing turns if you eat like, and evolved Forte or something?

Mastema I honestly have no idea if it's good or not. It probably is if you're running into lots of decks with Ward? Based on the wording it can probably still go face which means it might as well be a vanilla 5:6/6 for aggro.

Master Lady Sage is probably good? It's the same cost as a Healing Prayer but instead of healing you get a 1/2 and the potential to trigger more than once. It probably never will, but the fact that they'll feel pressed into burning resources on it is cool.

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Golden Battler posted:

Well tbf Pluto can kill big dudes where-as this can only kill dudes with 4 or less defense, but yeah it seems like a much better card. That's probably fine too, I don't think Pluto was all that good really.

I don't even have a shadow deck but I opened it and was like enh who knows what the expansion will bring

• Locked thread