Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Mondays (and my nightmarish commutes) don't feel right w/o a new Chapo ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

I think think about "Chris Del Chris" almost every day

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

emdash posted:

Mondays (and my nightmarish commutes) don't feel right w/o a new Chapo ep

I had a bummer morning too

Do better chapo

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Swan Oat posted:

I think think about "Chris Del Chris" almost every day

Same, but for Cramy Harb

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Cool Shirtman

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I assumed that was just a list of made-up names, but then I saw Colton Burpo in the middle. How much of that thing is real?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Why no chapo today? Holidays? Or just failsons being failsons?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Why no chapo today? Holidays? Or just failsons being failsons?

I think they took the holiday off and said the next ep. will be dropping Wednesday+two premium shows this week?

Krazyface posted:

I assumed that was just a list of made-up names, but then I saw Colton Burpo in the middle. How much of that thing is real?

Here's the original

https://twitter.com/robwhisman/status/445780866413760512

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
big nik looks very small

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

poppa bear dragging a chapo guest

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/803425503512100864

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

I like how Jones's real quote about juice boxes is somehow more insane than Matt's tweet.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I was taught in high school bio that some plastics like BPA act like estrogen and that it was causing all sorts of chemical and hormonal imbalances in communities where those plastics are a big pollutant. Of course though it's not a globalist scheme to destroy the male sex it's just something he is co-opting to put his own conspiracy spin on.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

happy to see that Patton is a grey wolf now, I always felt like his dumb tweets about Tump being "the empire strikes back" were the most genuine of the "election = Harry Potter/Star Wars" genre because his entire career is viewing the world through a pop culture lens. still dumb but I have a soft spot for the guy, after all he taught me it was ok to be weird

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Puppy Galaxy posted:

happy to see that Patton is a grey wolf now, I always felt like his dumb tweets about Tump being "the empire strikes back" were the most genuine of the "election = Harry Potter/Star Wars" genre because his entire career is viewing the world through a pop culture lens. still dumb but I have a soft spot for the guy, after all he taught me it was ok to be weird

It seems like he's always been aware of that though. He wrote Wake Up, Geek Culture. Time to Die in 2010.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I just discovered the gospel trio that is chapo trap house. I'm going to patreon subsribe next month so it'll be worth it so what are some good non-premium episodes I can listen to in the meantime for the next two days?

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

hoo boy that Traister piece was awful

iirc Bouie said he voted for Sanders, but he seems to have the same reflexive hatred for the guy that tcots have for Obama

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I just discovered the gospel trio that is chapo trap house. I'm going to patreon subsribe next month so it'll be worth it so what are some good non-premium episodes I can listen to in the meantime for the next two days?

most of them... all of them?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Only episode I think is bad is ep 37 (premium) because the guest spends half of the time talking about a fat kid streaming on twitch. Jesus christ dude shut up.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Marcus Garvey posted:

The one with James Adomian

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013

Civilized Fishbot posted:

The one with James Adomian

^^^^ it's number 46 btw

I also liked 5 and 30

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Marcus Garvey posted:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
*banging on table* i want a new episode

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Wow I had no idea A Wyatt Mann was Sam Hyde the whole time.

Nick Bogus is the kind of hanger-on you'd expect of someone who hung out with (but until 4chan co-opted his Jew cartoon, never attained the same level of notoriety as) the extended LaVey family and Jim Goad and occasionally Boyd Rice and even Patton Oswalt to a degree, though he has wisely distanced himself from those people to keep his career. He's like, a kind of also-ran when you mention nominally talented and disaffected kult hipsters from the 70s-90s. Except for Nik and Zeena Shrek, who are dead serious IRL weirdos, there might not be a non-pretentious bone in the whole group. Adam Parfrey and Bob Heick went on to be a book publisher and neo-nazi hero, respectively. Even Steve Sailer is mugging in that picture. Nick is still A Wyatt Mann.

So yeah, actually the Sam Hyde thing is pretty on the nose. Sorry for the derail.

im cute fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 29, 2016

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The movie review episodes are extremely easy to recommend

6 Dawn Of Justice
32 Suicide Squad
39 The Conqueror

And of course Episode 46 with James Adomian is hilarious

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

The movie review episodes are extremely easy to recommend

6 Dawn Of Justice
32 Suicide Squad
39 The Conqueror

And of course Episode 46 with James Adomian is hilarious

39 is a premium, I think.

Dance for Chapo

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
dawn of the justice and development party

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The Ross Douthat saga, in episodes 3 and 30 are great readings from a conservative pundit's embarrassing biography.

38 is a great piece of reporting about Nike's industrial processes if you're looking for them on something more feminist-inclined, and also has them mocking pundits for getting stuck in elevators constantly.

I really enjoyed episode 42, which is about theranos and the SF tech scene. There's also the loving incredible Killer App trailer.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regulation Size posted:

Nick Bogus is the kind of hanger-on you'd expect of someone who hung out with (but until 4chan co-opted his Jew cartoon, never attained the same level of notoriety as) the extended LaVey family and Jim Goad and occasionally Boyd Rice and even Patton Oswalt to a degree, though he has wisely distanced himself from those people to keep his career. He's like, a kind of also-ran when you mention nominally talented and disaffected kult hipsters from the 70s-90s. Except for Nik and Zeena Shrek, who are dead serious IRL weirdos, there might not be a non-pretentious bone in the whole group. Adam Parfrey and Bob Heick went on to be a book publisher and neo-nazi hero, respectively. Even Steve Sailer is mugging in that picture. Nick is still A Wyatt Mann.

So yeah, actually the Sam Hyde thing is pretty on the nose. Sorry for the derail.

Thinking about this picture today made me remember Boyd Rice's tiki bar, and some of the various other hilarious poo poo these losers got up to over the years.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just started listening myself and I second the Ross Douthat saga suggestion.

Regulation Size posted:

No need to apologize that was kind of my point. They're both disaffected losers who probably started hanging out with neo nazis because they thought it was the most rebellious, un-PC thing you can do.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Thinking about this picture today made me remember Boyd Rice's tiki bar, and some of the various other hilarious poo poo these losers got up to over the years.

Cultural appropriation is a slippery slope.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 29, 2016

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Is there a Twitter list for all the Chapo and periphery that I can conveniently just follow?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I just started listening myself and I second the Ross Douthat saga suggestion.

It's weird poo poo that I basically followed this election like mad and somehow never came across this podcast until like 3 days ago. Also, the big gay douhat buckley boatboy fuckboat :vince:

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 29, 2016

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My beautiful boy Caleb.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Love That Boy.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda will be the creative producer behind an ambitious feature film and TV series adaptation of Pat Rothfuss fantasy book trilogy The Kingkiller Chronicle, Lionsgate announced Tuesday.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda will be the creative producer behind an ambitious feature film and TV series adaptation of Pat Rothfuss fantasy book trilogy The Kingkiller Chronicle, Lionsgate announced Tuesday.

Trying to think of something more insufferable and failing.

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I cannot loving believe this

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Wait what are you serious

You're serious aren't you

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Hamilton meets incel fantasy literature with dubious likelihood of story completion.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Excuse me, is your name Kvoth, boss?

CARL MARK FORCE IV fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I have no loving clue what this is and have no intention of finding out