Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Geez, if that's true then it's pretty hosed up that your character never tells Lillie and Gladian "Hey, I know where your dad is. I've been seeing him on the regular for a while now, wanna go see him?"

The Protagonist is clearly quite messed up considering that they smile through all scenes of Lusamine being a horrible parent, and have no reaction to her turning into a terrible interdimensional jellyfish monster. So i'd say it's in character.

Flopsy posted:

btw Grimsley's redesign is loving glorious, blows the old one out of the water. I love this creepy gambling addict mofo.

I don't get why he's wearing a Kimono. He's from Poke-America!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I agree, I wish that plot hole could be addressed. But considering the constant derp face on our character I wouldn't be surprised if their higher brain functions had long since died and they weren't making the connection.

actually I think your player character is a psychopath

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

I feel like people are way to quick to call hacked on things that really aren't that hard to get/do itt.

Perfect IV, right nature, hidden ability, egg move, beast ball, level 100 shiny gotten through Wonder Trade is 99.9% guaranteed to be hacked though. Or 0 IV perfect otherwise shiny pokémon (to troll).

Also I looked up it earlier (one of the hacked shinies I got had an url for OT) and apparently it's a thing. Literal bots spawning and WTing ridiculously hacked pokémon 24/7 because ????? :iiam: Really, it's not hard to spot when a pokémon is hacked.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Protagonist is clearly quite messed up considering that they smile through all scenes of Lusamine being a horrible parent, and have no reaction to her turning into a terrible interdimensional jellyfish monster. So i'd say it's in character.

Alola's pretty humid he needs that air flow. And hell maybe he has Asian heritage who knows.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
In my defense, how was I supposed to know that?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

El Burbo posted:

actually I think your player character is a psychopath

A psychopath who unintentionally inspires everyone around them to grow as people. :unsmith:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Japanese actually super love visiting Hawaii so I feel this is ok.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like that Grimsley is wearing black and white

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Your Computer posted:

Perfect IV, right nature, hidden ability, egg move, beast ball, level 100 shiny gotten through Wonder Trade is 99.9% guaranteed to be hacked though. Or 0 IV perfect otherwise shiny pokémon (to troll).

Also I looked up it earlier (one of the hacked shinies I got had an url for OT) and apparently it's a thing. Literal bots spawning and WTing ridiculously hacked pokémon 24/7 because ????? :iiam: Really, it's not hard to spot when a pokémon is hacked.

hosed up as it might be, it might be a strategy to keep Pokemon hackers from getting shut down later.

Like, imagine if Nintendo could automatically ban anybody with hacked Pokemon. I don't know if that's even remotely possible, but let's say there's a chance they could figure it out. Buuut if 80% of the people out there with hacked Pokemon got them accidentally, and aren't themselves hackers, then Nintendo would hesitate to pull the trigger. Don't want to blanket ban all those innocent kids just looking to wonder trade, right? So you distribute hacked 'mons like crazy, now, before Nintendo gets a chance to cut the roots out. By the time any possible banning becomes a thing, there's too many potential casualties.

That's just my theory, because hell if I know why else somebody would do it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A psychopath who unintentionally inspires everyone around them to grow as people. :unsmith:

There's something tragically beautiful about bearing witness to Lillies character development while making this face :downs: 24/7.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I always gave the most (relatively) dickish responses possible but im glad everyone still liked me

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Note Block posted:

I asked before but I only got one response, what are the most desirable Pokemon right now that I should be using Castform currency to get while the getting's good?

wait castform is rare? gently caress

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

El Burbo posted:

I like that Grimsley is wearing black and white

poo poo.

El Burbo posted:

I always gave the most (relatively) dickish responses possible but im glad everyone still liked me

I was planning on doing that but everyone was too nice and I didn't want to be mean to them. :(

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Cyberton did his first Road to Ranked today and I saw a good amount of folks running his Torkoal + Lilligant core Trick Room team on Showdown tonight--it's pretty fun

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Filling up my dex is going to be mindnumbing without Blissey bases, holy poo poo

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

spit on my clit posted:

If you get one rare pokemon, it's a pretty easy matter to breed it and use its offspring as bargaining chips on the GTS for all the other rare pokemon.

(minus legendaries, of course)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

spit on my clit posted:

it also sucks and is ugly, so dont worry

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The miraculous power of pokemon battling.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

What's weird is they made expressions but used them exclusively for Z-poses instead of the millions of cutscenes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I used the white mirrored shades my entire playthrough and it made my character look less lobotomized and more like a huge socially awkward dork :3: I don't know why they call them shades because they're clearly huge nerd glasses.

It made for some hilarious cutscenes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

endolithic posted:

What's weird is they made expressions but used them exclusively for Z-poses instead of the millions of cutscenes.

There are like, one or two cutscenes where the player character has expressions, which just makes it all the more baffling that they've got that doofy smile 99.9% of the time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-485510052

Apparently a poison jab from Muk isn't enough to guaranteed OHKO Tapu Lele! I got really mad for a second but then the RNG went heavily in my favor for the rest. But I guess I can scratch Muk off the list of reliable ways to kill that stupid fairy.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

endolithic posted:

They do use it for at least 1 cutscene (the one where Lusamine and our boy Guzma goes through the wormhole I think) but it seems like they just forgot to use it otherwise. It's one of the weaker points of the game imo since the story and characters were actually amazing. Could perhaps chalk it up to GF not knowing what they're doing (since it's their first attempt at story cutscenes :v: )

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Your Computer posted:

They do use it for at least 1 cutscene (the one where Lusamine and our boy Guzma goes through the wormhole I think) but it seems like they just forgot to use it otherwise. It's one of the weaker points of the game imo since the story and characters were actually amazing. Could perhaps chalk it up to GF not knowing what they're doing (since it's their first attempt at story cutscenes :v: )

Well gently caress me I hope they learn from it. It's a pretty jarring smear on an otherwise gorgeous game. Nothing drags you out of a moment faster then when it cuts to your character's face and they look like a dead eyed meat puppet.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Flopsy posted:

Well gently caress me I hope they learn from it. It's a pretty jarring smear on an otherwise gorgeous game. Nothing drags you out of a moment faster then when it cuts to your character's face and they look like a dead eyed meat puppet.

The PC is a Mimikyuman

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

That would've been better.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Your Computer posted:

I wonder if they were kind of thinking of it as like a player character cypher type thing, like they didn't want to add expressions because that would be telling the player how they feel/how they should feel. Instead they went with blank face so you could use your ~imagination~ and have any expression you want! In your mind.

I mean if they were and not saying they were, just if, I don't think it worked.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

isn't that like a super cliche things in cartoons or whatever, where one person just talks and talks about their issues and then sorts things out on their own with the other person never getting a word in (and/or the smash cut reveal they were talking to an inanimate object)?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Pakled posted:

If you get one rare pokemon, it's a pretty easy matter to breed it and use its offspring as bargaining chips on the GTS for all the other rare pokemon.

(minus legendaries, of course)

I have used Vanillites and HA Vulpixes to get multiples of every legendary and Tapu available. I'm sitting on like three Necrozmas, two Tapu Leles and Finis, and I dunno how many other legendaries, Lunalas and Solgaleos. Around five each I think.

GTS is good and fun and brings good things

And yet somehow I still can't get a Destiny Knot after killing like 200 mons or something with three Pickups in my party.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Axel Serenity posted:

GTS is good and fun and brings good things
Were you able to get extra Type:Nulls? Cause I need one of those and that's it for my living dex, and people seem really reluctant to let it go compared to Solgaleo/Lunala.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Draxion posted:

For everyone who's been seeing a lot of Abras on GTS lately - I'm sorry, it took me 90 of them to make a set of adamant/modest/timid/jolly synchronizers.

Your welcome.

Senerio posted:

So question: Does Shiny ditto transform into the shiny form of the pokemon it transforms into?

missed opportunity if not.

The one I run into in the wild didn't so no.

Also one of my abra got me my first wonder trade shiny. It was a Murkrow.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Internet Kraken posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-485510052

Apparently a poison jab from Muk isn't enough to guaranteed OHKO Tapu Lele! I got really mad for a second but then the RNG went heavily in my favor for the rest. But I guess I can scratch Muk off the list of reliable ways to kill that stupid fairy.

Well, there's Gunk Shot. It's inaccuratish, but it will kill a fairy real dead.

Mazerunner posted:

I wonder if they were kind of thinking of it as like a player character cypher type thing, like they didn't want to add expressions because that would be telling the player how they feel/how they should feel. Instead they went with blank face so you could use your ~imagination~ and have any expression you want! In your mind.

The player character is actually a ditto pretending to be a trainer.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 29, 2016

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Were you able to get extra Type:Nulls? Cause I need one of those and that's it for my living dex, and people seem really reluctant to let it go compared to Solgaleo/Lunala.

I got you my man. 0361-9308-5260

Alternatively, come into our Discord (everyone should join our Discord it's fun and chill and also has a trade channel system set up with good automated features)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Axel Serenity posted:

I got you my man. 0361-9308-5260

Alternatively, come into our Discord (everyone should join our Discord it's fun and chill and also has a trade channel system set up with good automated features)
You're a saint.

4897-7314-5821, IGN is Jesus

Let me just finish chaining Caterpie to EV train this Mareanie and I'll be there.

(I was in the Discord once but it seemed relatively unpopulated so I left, making me part of the problem)

e: awesome, thanks so much. Fuckin multiple evos of things you get fewer-than-that-many of per playthrough :(

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 29, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Just got a Jolly Gible with 4 IV from wonder trade. So I guess If I get a HA one I guess I will breed it.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Lunatic Sledge posted:

hosed up as it might be, it might be a strategy to keep Pokemon hackers from getting shut down later.

Like, imagine if Nintendo could automatically ban anybody with hacked Pokemon. I don't know if that's even remotely possible, but let's say there's a chance they could figure it out. Buuut if 80% of the people out there with hacked Pokemon got them accidentally, and aren't themselves hackers, then Nintendo would hesitate to pull the trigger. Don't want to blanket ban all those innocent kids just looking to wonder trade, right? So you distribute hacked 'mons like crazy, now, before Nintendo gets a chance to cut the roots out. By the time any possible banning becomes a thing, there's too many potential casualties.

That's just my theory, because hell if I know why else somebody would do it.

Some of them have twitch channels or twitter followings or other such things that in some way earn them money either directly or indirectly in the future. It's advertisement.

And no, Nintendo will not now or ever ban people for using hacked pokemon because there's literally nothing about them that says they were hacked, in most cases. They already have good checks in place and anything you are getting in-game is "legal", to some extent. The only checks they do not have in place are things like "well, okay, but can you actually obtain this yet?" because those would require more game patches as they make things obtainable, which they do not want to do. And frankly have no reason to do since for competitive it's fairly easy to report people/get them banned. For non-competitive who cares.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Obligatum VII posted:

Well, there's Gunk Shot. It's inaccuratish, but it will kill a fairy real dead.

Gunk shot got nerfed horribly. Sure, its stats are exactly the same, but the animation is no longer tossing a trash can at the enemy. A terrible change.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I spent the entire second area impatient to get to the golf course.

And then I get to the resort, can't find a way to get there, and google and find out that it's completely inaccessible.

Now I'm just disappointed.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

Yeah, it seems like they were going for a bit of a blank slate/silent protagonist thing but of course they also allow your character to reply to things so :iiam:

Either way they should've been able to learn from previous games. Heck, even the silent protagonist game has a more emotive hero than this game:

SuMo is still the most amazing game and I love it a lot, but there are things they could've improved :v:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
For the people trying to get a Destiny Knot through pickup, just be aware that if they didn't change anything about Pickup or the tables (The 10% Pickup rate after winning a battle, and the 1% chance to get a Destiny Knot on top of that), your chances of getting at least 1 Destiny Knot after any given battle with 5 Pickup Pokemon is a measly 0.049% chance. Having 6 Pokemon with Pickup increases that chance to 0.05822% instead. You might be better off just farming up the BP or just getting someone to give you one instead.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

For the people trying to get a Destiny Knot through pickup, just be aware that if they didn't change anything about Pickup or the tables (The 10% Pickup rate after winning a battle, and the 1% chance to get a Destiny Knot on top of that), your chances of getting at least 1 Destiny Knot after any given battle with 5 Pickup Meowths is a measly 0.049% chance.

Are you sure about this, though? I farmed up two Destiny Knots (to give one away) and it didn't really take me long at all. Last I checked we didn't actually know if the Pickup tables were the same.