Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll do Fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't properly train a whole team but I could get 6 cool ones to level 50.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks to chaining its easy to get a few decent Pokémon without much work so I could probably throw together a monotype flying team in an afternoon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll do Poison since it got really epic since XY and Alola Muk is badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Thanks to chaining its easy to get a few decent Pokémon without much work so I could probably throw together a monotype flying team in an afternoon.

Oh yeah. Is it across the board that 40 Chain kills = 4 Perfect IVs? Also now that Ive got almost all the EV training items and Pokerus I can EV max a poke in like 4 minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It flees/switches when under 50% and lives on beaches on some regions and you must run towards it on the overworld.

Yeah I did this and when I went back it was gone...well I guess he's not called Wimpod for nothing.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
No idea when ill be ablr to actually train up a team I'm insanely busy lol. But shotgun Dark

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'll take Steel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

im out with my gf later but my fc is 2380-4412-2667, add me nd i'll be around sooner or later

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

awesome. Can I have two? Bae wants one as well

Any other Pokemon Friends please add me alsop
5043 - 5719 - 6540

Im around now and I added you both, I can trade whenever

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

FC: 3582-9976-1589

I could use a female, one, I clearly haven not been playing enough pokemon eugenics.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I'd like to do mono Fairy because I'm a human being. Will this be on Showdown or in-game?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Will be on soon. If you give me two I can give you a feebas

edit: I'm in Festival Plaza and ready to go

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 28, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Will be on soon. If you give me two I can give you a feebas

edit: I'm in Festival Plaza and ready to go

Hopping on now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

are you Rise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes and I am assume you're Daddy Tugson who says "I like Youngsters" when you talk to them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy your Jangmo-o's and thank you for the Feebas

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Thanks for the dragon's :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Yes and I am assume you're Daddy Tugson who says "I like Youngsters" when you talk to them.

lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

It's frankly astounding how GameFreak manages to not get online stuff right every single gen since 4.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

qnqnx posted:

It's frankly astounding how GameFreak manages to not get online stuff right every single gen since 4.

Gen 6 always online was really good but it somehow had a retrocess in 7

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Hey InTraining, can I get a Jangmo-o for a Castform?

qnqnx posted:

It's cool how Festival Plaza is Join Avenue, except lame instead of awesome

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Gen 6 always online was really good but it somehow had a retrocess in 7

HalfHazard posted:

It's cool how Festival Plaza is Join Avenue, except lame instead of awesome

I have been trying to get In training in this poo poo rear end thing for the last 30 minutes and all I get are randoms from Japan and Korea.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

with link battle/trade you can just pick from your friendlist no?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it switched me to local wireless mode for no reason while I waited for In Training to appear on my 3DS and a Hitman target to walk into the right room on my PC and got increasingly frustrated at both of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

I have been trying to get In training in this poo poo rear end thing for the last 30 minutes and all I get are randoms from Japan and Korea.

Oh I closed it 30 seconds after the trade with Larry to watch TV lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im on again now

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

with link battle/trade you can just pick from your friendlist no?

That's clearly outside the capabilities of GameFreak.

In Training posted:

Oh I closed it 30 seconds after the trade with Larry to watch TV lol.
Ha, it's no matter, had router problems in the mean time. And thanks, may the Abra be useful for something.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Why do I have to wait until the 4th for Amazon to restock 3ds XLs.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

That's clearly outside the capabilities of GameFreak.

thats brutal. i remember oras made it really simple lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i got the raichu z-crystal but my raichu doesn't have thunderbolt. it's like level 44... have i hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The move learner lets you learn moves you never even learned if you evolved after it was possible to learn them so it's salvageable. I also think there's a thunderbolt TM somewhere

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The move learner lets you learn moves you never even learned if you evolved after it was possible to learn them so it's salvageable. I also think there's a thunderbolt TM somewhere

poni wilds postgame

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How does chaining work in this one

I trained up a Mareanie throughout the entire game and it evolves into Toxipex really late and I finally got to use it a lot near the end of the game then I realized the hidden ability is way better and it's already a hassle to catch a normal one

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
im electric type. reserved.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How does chaining work in this one

I trained up a Mareanie throughout the entire game and it evolves into Toxipex really late and I finally got to use it a lot near the end of the game then I realized the hidden ability is way better and it's already a hassle to catch a normal one

Chains use the SOS mechanic. The higher you go the better IVs get and you get a chance at hidden abilities. The event Snorlax is my go to chaining Pokémon because he learns hold back and can be tutored recycle so he can have infinite pp with 1 leppa berry. Bring something that can check abilities if you want a hidden one. I use an exeggcute with worry seed.

If you want a certain nature your synchronize user needs to be able to battle, leaving them ko'd in slot 1 doesn't work. They need to be in battle when the Pokémon you want to catch is called in. So get a high chain with Snorlax then swap into a Kadabra once you're ready to catch.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Evil Eagle posted:

Chains use the SOS mechanic. The higher you go the better IVs get and you get a chance at hidden abilities. The event Snorlax is my go to chaining Pokémon because he learns hold back and can be tutored recycle so he can have infinite pp with 1 leppa berry. Bring something that can check abilities if you want a hidden one. I use an exeggcute with worry seed.

If you want a certain nature your synchronize user needs to be able to battle, leaving them ko'd in slot 1 doesn't work. They need to be in battle when the Pokémon you want to catch is called in. So get a high chain with Snorlax then swap into a Kadabra once you're ready to catch.

i miss dexnav

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think its kinda cool that one of the shiny finding mechanics and the high iv finding mechanic are somewhat tied together... so chances are if you chain up to find a shiny, it's got a good shot of also being a strong friend

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh poo poo so I should actually be happy when a pokemon uses loving call for help 15 times in a row? oops I've been killing them and trying to catch the first encounter.

I figure for nature it's probably easier to catch a high IV correct nature thing then start breeding it if you really care about that

Also I love that you can EV train 6 pokemon at once in the same stat without touching the game in Poke Pelago, and also raise happiness and hatch eggs. not being sarcastic I actually think the mobile game style of increasing stuff totally works for pokemon

Also I have 300 leppa berries now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

i think its kinda cool that one of the shiny finding mechanics and the high iv finding mechanic are somewhat tied together... so chances are if you chain up to find a shiny, it's got a good shot of also being a strong friend

its in spirit a throwback to the shiny gyrados in gen2 which was really good compared to the average gyrados, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lol I just looked it up and if you leave a pokemon in the hot springs too long they get angry at you

Bobnumerotres posted:

its in spirit a throwback to the shiny gyrados in gen2 which was really good compared to the average gyrados, iirc

I thought in Gen 2 Shiny literally was tied to IVs so every single Shiny had the same stat and it was better than average but not that great

• Locked thread