Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

Meanwhile, everyone's future except for poo poo fucker boomers gets pissed away.

one of the upsides of the impending medicaid privatization is that's what pays for the bulk of nursing home residents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
donald trump tweets about how a recent liberal tv show that took a satirical swipe at them was very unfair and unpatriotic. meanwhile, somewhere, mike pence spells out the word iran on a memo

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

i just read the words "krav maga" and a) thought about donald trump and b) remembered that people think krav maga is bad. however.... why is it bad? dad chatters, whom know combat sports, whats the deal with it? my own combat skills/training are limited to the realm of posting.

It's mostly that other people say krav maga is fake and would be useless in a UFC match. they say the same poo poo about us army karate though and I see their point. However a soldier is usually expected to have a gun or a friend with a gun nearby so yeah, basically useless in a ranked fighting league.
bbj is the new hotness and I don't get it but MMA people are usually terribly boring so I tune it out
It's all nonsense anyways but afaict you do MMA if you want to get beat up or something like karate or judo if you want it as exercise.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

one of the upsides of the impending medicaid privatization is that's what pays for the bulk of nursing home residents

millennials finally get to kick their parents out onto the street for not having a job

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the only stuff i know about martial arts i learned through anime

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

the paradigm shift posted:

millennials finally get to kick their parents out onto the street for not having a job

Consequently, I'm going to be even more pissed off if my dad loses his social security disability. Dude's a badass who's disabled because of literally getting buried on the job.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
moving to florida and investing in Death Panel futures

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

my father on facebook posted:

the earth is 100% percent energy - it interacts with the energy created by the lifeforms that inhabit it - unfortunately this, at the present moment is dominated by human energy and is almost exclusively bad If you as a field of energy was forced to take in and digest poison, you would protect yourself. Welcome to Mother earth [avshalom's brother]. She will have the last word unless she detects at least a compromise - remember Nature's natural talent is creating order from chaos. We humans live and learn, unfortunately in that order.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Oh don't worry, Republicans will make sure there's a "phase out" so the only people who get hosed are in their 40s and younger, aka not their prime demo.

Your piece of poo poo grandma/pa will still get to enjoy government paid Healthcare at the expense of their children and grandchildren.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

i also love the plot of final fantasy vii

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Swan Oat posted:

i just read the words "krav maga" and a) thought about donald trump and b) remembered that people think krav maga is bad. however.... why is it bad? dad chatters, whom know combat sports, whats the deal with it? my own combat skills/training are limited to the realm of posting.

Martial arts that stress the real life self defense angle tend to have a higher amount of scammers running around.

Also a certain degree of MMA snobiness though in a lot of places the Krav Maga is basically MMA basics plus knees to the groin.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
If you want to do martial arts yourself just keep these two truths in mind.

Have a clear idea of what you want training to accomplish and why you want to do it then pick a flavour accordingly.

Then find a corresponding training place because the differences between places are huge.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Swan Oat posted:

felix's original twitter account was cruelly taken from him, but this tweet sums it up

@swarthyvillain posted:

MMA is ultimately unfair to krav maga guys. their best techniques, such as starvation, US military aid, and air strikes are illegal

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Oh don't worry, Republicans will make sure there's a "phase out" so the only people who get hosed are in their 40s and younger, aka not their prime demo.

that was just romney

ryan and pals are full-bore on dismantling the entire system

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773

nehver forget

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i say clit brown taint area powns my dick to myself way more than is probably healthy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

jesus

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the fire outside gatlinburg looks like a bosch painting

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

krav maga is practical enough for all 0 times a modern military serviceman is engaged in unarmed hand to hand combat, and people really like to circlejerk about martial arts

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Martial arts that stress the real life self defense angle tend to have a higher amount of scammers running around.
what do you mean by saying that gavrilov-kurpchinko-dagstaberyan system is not legit

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fat rich narcissist is really the president we Americans deserve.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

the best election take of 2016 has got to be josh toilet paper man calling for a coup

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/803071975413452800

hahahaha

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jFS-XI6UE

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

that was just romney

ryan and pals are full-bore on dismantling the entire system
It looks like Ryan favors a phase-out

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/ryan-plans-to-phase-out-medicare-in-2017/

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Swan Oat posted:

the best election take of 2016 has got to be josh toilet paper man calling for a coup

hahahaha
He's not calling for a coup he's hoping the unelected bureaucrats and lobbyists and plutocrats etc. keep the dumpster fire in the dumpster.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rodatose posted:

moving to florida and investing in Death Panel futures
I am putting them on my roof to save on my energy bills and also kill the elderly and infirm.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

even the article admits ryan is a bit weaselly about what he plans to do once the system switches to a voucher system for people under mid-50s

but the basic idea for people already in the system is to set up the competing voucher plan as an alternative, then as traditional medicare becomes too costly and providers refuse to accept it, they're left with no choice but to take the voucher

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
but anyway you guys are mixing up medicare and medicaid

medicaid pays for long-term care like nursing homes and in-home aides

that's getting block granted to states to piss away on tax cuts and smokestack chasing with the rest voucherized to managed care orgs

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Look on the bright side: health care demands gonna tank once all the patients with manageable but harmful ailments like diabetes stop clogging up the system.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Swan Oat posted:

hahahaha

where did his kermit the frog av go

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

dunno but it owns that he kept it for weeks after the election

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

the fire outside gatlinburg looks like a bosch painting

a small part of me wants this as a wallpaper

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mustached Demon posted:

Fat rich narcissist is really the president we Americans deserve.

Maybe this time the pretzel will finish the job

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
I just found a shirt that isn't mine in the cabinet :iiam:

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803567993036754944

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Flag Protection Act of 2005 was a proposed United States federal law introduced by Senators Hillary Clinton and Robert Bennett. The law would have outlawed flag burning, and called for a punishment of one year in jail and a fine of $100,000.[1][2]

According to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, the act was summarized as such:

Amends the federal criminal code to revise provisions regarding desecration of the flag to prohibit: (1) destroying or damaging a U.S. flag with the primary purpose and intent to incite or produce imminent violence or a breach of the peace; or (2) stealing or knowingly converting the use of a U.S. flag either belonging to the United States or on lands reserved for the United States and intentionally destroying or damaging that flag.[3]
Since the law was not passed nor considered by the United States Congress, its constitutionality was not challenged by the Supreme Court; the bill was never assigned to committee.[4] However, the bill's language was designed so as to prohibit the desecration of a flag when the intent was found to be a threat to public safety, the intention being that it would therefore not violate the First Amendment and not be declared unconstitutional.[5]

Both co-sponsors of the bill voted against the Flag Desecration Amendment of 2006.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

a lot of old people don't use, read or think about twitter and whenever they're notified of something trump's tweeted they treat it as some sort of vague thing that their brain can easily discount

like "oh, that's just twitter. that's not real"

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Swan Oat posted:

you could always have a nice meal of eggs and toast, for dinner, and not drink coffee after 12 pm

where's the fun in that

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chelb posted:

a lot of old people don't use, read or think about twitter and whenever they're notified of something trump's tweeted they treat it as some sort of vague thing that their brain can easily discount

like "oh, that's just twitter. that's not real"

facebook messages on the other hand carry the weight of the king james bible and anything inside quotation marks or randomly capitalized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

facebook messages on the other hand carry the weight of the king james bible and anything inside quotation marks or randomly capitalized

it's real hosed

• Locked thread