Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

alf_pogs posted:

hello yes i'm doctor idiot MD and it looks like you are suffering from what we call "blue balls syndrome"

Reminder:

If people agree with you, they are valiantly defending their ideals.

If people disagree with you, they are complete morons that struggle with basic math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Some diets allow for unlimited amounts of vegetables, make a gigantic stack of them with a shitload of added butter (just for taste) and you have a horrifically unhealthy massively oversized meal that can be technically labelled "healthy".

MVP dieting.

Yeah, but this ain't that. There's a couple of bowls of greens but at least six, possibly seven GIANT bowls of carb-heavy foods (pasta, rolls, chips with mayo/dressing, mash, corn and more). Each of those bowls is probably 1000-3000 calories, possibly more for the ones drenched in cheese, dressing or butter.

There are two plates.

I get that there will be a ton of leftovers, but unless they're throwing most of it in the bin or filling an entire freezer, even if that meal is all they eat for the next week it would be too many calories every day before it went bad in the fridge.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

I shoot paper and steel. Once in a blue moon, deer. What's your setup? I'll share mine:

Deer / Paper (big holes): Remington R700 5R Milspec, Vortex Viper PST 4-14 50mm obj.
Deer / Paper (many holes): Remington 870 Marine Magnum SS with Trijicon Tritium sights, SBE follower, LE extension.
Rodent / Paper (small holes): Ruger 10/22 SS, Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot, TechSights TSR200 irons

And, I'll be grabbing a P226 in the upcoming months.

You have poor taste in firearms.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Come to MD and we can make that happen.

Nice. I have a SA 1911 and Ruger Mark III for putting holes in paper that gets too close, a Mossberg 590A1 for putting multiple holes in paper, a Saiga 12 for the occasion when I find myself surrounded by paper, a SKS for shooting communist capitalist paper, and I'm building an AR-15 with a 20" bull barrel, Magpul PRS, Stag Arms lower, AP upper, and SWFA SS 10X42 for paper that is foolish to stand around in the distance.

Occasionally I also get to shoot clay, which is a ton of fun with a magazine fed riot gun.

:colbert:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

This machine kills Communists goes PING

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The worst case of crime against paper since Dominic Deegan

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a lighthearted, emotionally balanced day. This post is just a quick reminder for you all to call or visit your parents wherever possible, because they love and care about you.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone. I hope you're all having a lighthearted, emotionally balanced day. This post is just a quick reminder for you all to call or visit your parents wherever possible, because they love and care about you.

My parents disowned me after I doxxed them on FetLife.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

moveable shape posted:

What he /his family ate for dinner is not funny.

Yeah it's def not funny, it's bloody hilarious.

I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for a racist pedo who's on the fast lane to death via cramming as much junk food into him until gravy seeps outta every orifice.

& chris & Sandi deserve everything and much much more. mainly sandy because she's the biggest oval office since she was a little girl.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Fatkraken posted:

Yeah, but this ain't that. There's a couple of bowls of greens but at least six, possibly seven GIANT bowls of carb-heavy foods (pasta, rolls, chips with mayo/dressing, mash, corn and more). Each of those bowls is probably 1000-3000 calories, possibly more for the ones drenched in cheese, dressing or butter.

There are two plates.

I get that there will be a ton of leftovers, but unless they're throwing most of it in the bin or filling an entire freezer, even if that meal is all they eat for the next week it would be too many calories every day before it went bad in the fridge.

They've just refactored vegetable to mean anything that isn't an animal.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

Here's a shot of the preparations in our LA location:

Now I know what you're thinking: "Spacetoaster, hamburger helper wasn't designed to make cookies."

Normally, you'd be right. But with the team I'm putting together we'll be able to customize the hamburger helper into a cookie batter. Just you wait and see.

I don't think I understand cookie development, but I don't see a coffee machine in that picture. Is it barista quality? How much did it cost? I'm not pledging a single cent unless each coffee is costing you double digits in annual depreciation.

Does your oven have a regular door or a space door? This is important.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Xarbala posted:

The worst case of crime against paper since Dominic Deegan

I was shooting clays and paper :ssh:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Biscuit report, after only testing out a few of the smaller ones yesterday I ate a proper biscuit today, one of the smaller birds with an orange star cutout.

Pretty good actually, the "canopy" wasn't too thick so I didn't get stuck in it and t-pose or turn into a hellish Cronenburgian nightmare monster and it had a pleasant orange flavour. The wholemeal flour lends a nice texture to the dough and they don't fall apart when dunked in tea, there's a good note of cinnamon without it being overwhelming

forgot to get LTI though so my biscuit is gone forever :(

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

Biscuit report, after only testing out a few of the smaller ones yesterday I ate a proper biscuit today, one of the smaller birds with an orange star cutout.

Pretty good actually, the "canopy" wasn't too thick so I didn't get stuck in it and t-pose or turn into a hellish Cronenburgian nightmare monster and it had a pleasant orange flavour. The wholemeal flour lends a nice texture to the dough and they don't fall apart when dunked in tea, there's a good note of cinnamon without it being overwhelming

forgot to get LTI though so my biscuit is gone forever :(

Some investment that was :smug:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

his nibs posted:

Some investment that was :smug:

I gained approximately 111 calories of delicious nourishment (or around 1/30 of a thanksgiving carb bomb)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fatkraken posted:

I gained approximately 111 calories of delicious nourishment (or around 1/30 of a thanksgiving carb bomb)

Wanted to make a Ben_fat/Improvised_Eating_Device joke but I've got nothing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guys ive been gone for a while is the avocado out with SM yet or did a magical blocker show up at the last moment that they have no idea how to fix but you bet they are close to solving show up.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Guys ive been gone for a while is the avocado out with SM yet or did a magical blocker show up at the last moment that they have no idea how to fix but you bet they are close to solving show up.

What does your heart tell you?

Also MomA tells us 'there's a blocker' so lol.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Don't be impatient. They have until tomorrow before it's actually late. Again.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Cao Ni Ma posted:

ManofManyAliases posted:

there's quite a blocker right now preventing SM from going to the avocados. Content is there, but it's an interesting blocker that they're on the cusp of resolving. I'm not going to discuss more than that though.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It seems that another developer broke his wrists so the update is on hold until he gets back to work on Thursday.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Maw posted:

The "blocker" is Crobberts' incompetence.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Rabbi T. White posted:

The "blocker" is Crobberts' incompetence.

How loving dare you insult He-Who-Has-The-Golden-Programming-Hands!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Although, nobody mentioned that his hands are so golden because of the spray tan and constant vacations he takes.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That would explain why it takes so long to code.
Although, with that kind of exercise, I'd rather expect him to no longer need a girdle…

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Are golden hands prone to breaking? Is that the problem they've been having?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

I have my suspicions. As in none of the three you mentioned will do it. :(

Anyone who takes the challenge can get banned.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Are golden hands prone to breaking? Is that the problem they've been having?

AU-ch!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Actually, after his accident, I would rather think he would be He-Who-Has-The-Floppy-Wrists-And-The-Used-To-Be-Golden-But-Now-Uselessly-Swollen-Programming-Hands, but that's just my opinion.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

can people who refused the challenge get banned or do they just get an ever increasing length of probation if they post off topic in the thread?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've not accepted the challenge but I've baked cookies anyway :colbert:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
:colbert: spite baking I call it :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fatkraken posted:

can people who refused the challenge get banned or do they just get an ever increasing length of probation if they post off topic in the thread?

You get increasing probations before an eventual ban, according to the post about it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

thatguy posted:

I'm going to laugh at everything about Ben Lesnick and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

omg, you vile doxxer you

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You get increasing probations before an eventual ban, according to the post about it.

That has since been edited to give us more leeway, but basically.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maw posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Ben got stuck while leaving through the space door.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

his nibs posted:

I've not accepted the challenge but I've baked cookies anyway :colbert:

I baked a pile of cookies prior to catching up with the thread. I'd submit them, but everyone knows that true cookie development won't actually begin for another 2 years - after I build a new kitchen and assemble a team of people who have only ever eaten off-brand scraps, yet claim to be Michelen Star bakers.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Milky Moor posted:

lmao you probated marching powder

lol. good luck with the thread, i guess

I

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

Yeah it's def not funny, it's bloody hilarious.

I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for a racist pedo who's on the fast lane to death via cramming as much junk food into him until gravy seeps outta every orifice.

& chris & Sandi deserve everything and much much more. mainly sandy because she's the biggest oval office since she was a little girl.

Cheer up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I posted:

Cheer up

people can masturbate and type at the same time you know