Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

I wonder if people who burn the flag in order to retire it (as convention dictates) will lose their citizenship for showing the American flag respect

Knowing how those anti choice laws were written to allow miscarriage investigations I'm gonna go with gently caress yeah. Suck it, VFW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/803583833425715200

godfuckingdammit

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Joementum posted:

Stealing policy ideas from Hillary again, I see. Clever outreach strategy to bring Americans together.

Yeah this garbage take is really popular on too cool for you left twitter today

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Posting pictures of burning flags on Something Awful will also be banned. It's time this AMERICAN website took a stand for what's really important.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah this garbage take is really popular on too cool for you left twitter today

The take where Senator Clinton introduced a bill that punished flag burning with up to two years in prison?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I need to stop being surprised that he doesn't understand a single thing about the job he is getting into.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Samurai Sanders posted:

I need to stop being surprised that he doesn't understand a single thing about the job he is getting into.

The only thing he seems to know is preying on every prejudice of dumb white people and making the biggest jackass of himself to distract our worthless media when he does something monstrous. That and stealing everything not nailed down while demanding to be pampered the whole time.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Lebron leaves Cleveland again to sign with the Warriors. Would it be a criminal offense to burn Lebron's jersey if there's a small American flag patch on it? I wish the president-elect would focus on the really important things. Cavs fans need to know!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FactsAreUseless posted:

Posting pictures of burning flags on Something Awful will also be banned. It's time this AMERICAN website took a stand for what's really important.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I wonder if he knows how US flags are retired...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Joementum posted:

The take where Senator Clinton introduced a bill that punished flag burning with up to two years in prison?

:lol:

Hillary is garbage

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Joementum posted:

A) Hillary's opinions on anything are irrelevant now because she isn't the President.
B) Considering when she was Senator, we should consider ourselves lucky it didn't get passed with a five year penalty and upheld in the SC. The Bush years sucked.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Sir Tonk posted:

I wonder if he knows how US flags are retired... anything

Nope.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This isn't even about being a professional politician or lawyer though, this is about being able to use Wikipedia to look at the history of the flag burning issue or not. The way he wrote that it looks like he thinks he's the first person to have ever thought of making flag burning illegal.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Joementum posted:

That a proposed bill from 05 is comparable to the President Elect saying we should strip citizenship from flag burners. It's just stupid.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/803590905601073153

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Samurai Sanders posted:

This isn't even about being a professional politician or lawyer though, this is about being able to use Wikipedia to look at the history of the flag burning issue or not. The way he wrote that it looks like he thinks he's the first person to have ever thought of making flag burning illegal.

It's a tweet. There is no nuance, nothing subtle. It's a 140 character platform designed to cater to the lowest common denominator. Twitter is poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I like how Trump supporters are finding it harder and harder to defend him, legitimately.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

John_A_Tallon posted:

It's a tweet. There is no nuance, nothing subtle. It's a 140 character platform designed to cater to the lowest common denominator. Twitter is poo poo.
That is all true and historians will call this the Twitter presidency.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rygar201 posted:

That a proposed bill from 05 is comparable to the President Elect saying we should strip citizenship from flag burners. It's just stupid.

He also said a year in jail.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Lightning Knight posted:

A) Hillary's opinions on anything are irrelevant now because she isn't the President.
B) Considering when she was Senator, we should consider ourselves lucky it didn't get passed with a five year penalty and upheld in the SC. The Bush years sucked.

A) She may run again in 4 years, so nope still relevant.
B) :laffo: stop pretending her hands were tied. She didn't have to author the law

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Condiv posted:

B) :laffo: stop pretending her hands were tied. She didn't have to author the law

I highly doubt she will run again, as much as you'd like a permanent boogeyman.

I also didn't say that she was forced to do it? Everybody was lovely in the Bush years. It was a nadir point in American politics, at least until now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Condiv posted:

Only the most desperate Hillbots wants this. For the rest of planet Earth, Hillary Clinton's political career died when she lost to the CHUD who's currently whining about flag burning.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

You're inviting creative music industry accounting to become the norm wherein nothing ever makes a profit on paper to share
Not if the workers don't agree and vote to implement it that way I'm not.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I was in Gatlinburg over the summer. Cool place, I hope everything is gonna be ok

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

uhhhhh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I was in Gatlinburg over the summer. Cool place

Not anymore.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Only the most desperate Hillbots wants this.

Yep, and they're currently in control of the dem party.

Lightning Knight posted:

I also didn't say that she was forced to do it? Everybody was lovely in the Bush years. It was a nadir point in American politics, at least until now.

Chelsea is being groomed for political office too, so it's great to keep fresh in our minds the myriad reasons the clintons suck. And no, not everyone on the dems side was authorizing pre-emptive wars and trying to ban flag burning. Trying to blame the times for her lovely behavior is a p terrible excuse too.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Lightning Knight posted:

Everybody was lovely in the Bush years.

lmao what liberals tell themselves

my god its adorable

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Lightning Knight posted:

Please post this on Twitter, it's a more appropriate platform for this poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Condiv posted:

Chelsea is being groomed for political office too, so it's great to keep fresh in our minds the myriad reasons the clintons suck.

Hopefully she ends up like Jeb!.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Hey can we bring back Willa Rogers now since we've basically reached her levels of Clinton hate?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

NewForumSoftware posted:

lmao what liberals tell themselves

my god its adorable

He's not wrong though. 9/11 broke the brains of as many democrats as republicans.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i would like it if willa rogers posted in this therad too, unironically

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

DeathSandwich posted:

He's not wrong though. 9/11 broke the brains of as many democrats as republicans.

That is not an excuse and lovely policy deserves to get called out.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

sumie posted:

All the MRA/Gamergate/Trump dudes on Reddit will one day be up for a rude awakening when they realise that electing a facist didn't suddenly turn America into the gilded imaginary 1950's where women are falling over themselves to have a sexy gamer boyfriend who lives in a basement and posts pepe the frog memes unironically.

And also they just lost their healthcare which, since most of these guys suffer serious depression, will be extremely bad for them. And not funny, unfortunately.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Swan Oat posted:

i would like it if willa rogers posted in this therad too, unironically

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FactsAreUseless posted:

Zero tolerance. Like back in middle school.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lightning Knight posted:

There's no reason to go out of your way to defend this poo poo. Like don't burn calories over this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Trump's latest tweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSANTRnEBgg

• Locked thread