Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

people can masturbate and type at the same time you know

it's got nothing to do with my lower case posts btw

his nibs fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

his nibs posted:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Fatkraken posted:

:colbert: BISCUIT TIME :colbert:

Star Citizen Procedural Stained Glass window canopy biscuits

based on this recipe (with a few alterations minor refactoring to account for what ingredients I found in my mums cupboard since I'm out of town housesitting right now) http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8233/orange-and-ginger-stained-glass-biscuits

ingredients:

175g wholemeal flour
100g butter
50g caster sugar
powdered cinnamon and ginger to taste
around a Tbsp of Almond milk drink
about 8-10 boiled sweets

Directions:

1: put the flour, cinnamon, ginger and sugar in a bowl, cube the butter and rub it in with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs

2: add the Almond milk and kneed into the dough until a solid mass if formed, if the dough is dry add more almond milk as necessary, Rest for ~30 minutes in a fridge

3: Flour a clean work surface and roll out the dough to around 4-5mm thick. Cut shapes, including an aperture in each biscuit, and place onto baking parchment

4: crush up the boiled sweets one at a time and put the crushed pieces in the holes in each of your biscuits

5. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 celcius. Remove and allow to cool on the baking parchment; don't try to remove them until the sugar from the sweets is completely hard

Here are the completed biscuits:

batch 1, PROCEDURAL BIRDS.

These non-jpeg birds are entirely unique and totally original, and can be yours for the low low price of all your money, however much that is that's how much they are.

The birds are called, in order of magnitude from large to small

the Aeon Eagle (and resemblence to the imperial eagle used in Nazi Germany is totally an innocent mistake)
the Bilennium Buzzard
the Century Crow
the Decade Duck
the Year Yellowhammer
the Month Merlin

Next up, a set of seven totally special and unique Procedural Planets

These planets are procedural so have the totally unique names Zaonce, Lave, Reorte, Orerve, Leesti, Diso and Arse. These are procedurally generated totally original names do not steal

Finally, cookie cutter trees because CryCookie-Engine is really hard you guys and I found a cookie cutter in the stock assets folder my mums cupboard. Also some stars and poo poo from the cut outs

So here's the entire haul, all laid out and ready to eat

I very much enjoyed my first voluntary mod challenge and I hope you guys buy all my loving cookies for all your money so you can fund further cookie development*

(*money may be used to buy airplane furniture and huge boxes of cat donuts that I will flaunt in front of my mothers overweight cat)

:golfclap:

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

DigitalMocking posted:

Good lord, leave the thread for two weeks and ...

I was wondering what everyone thought about the new 'schedule' and that janky shooter poo poo they had to show.

Schedule's a hilarious attempt to garner trust and rake in a final few waves of cash. It's somehow working.

CIG managed to make a shooter in Cryengine except maybe possibly a ton of it was staged and poo poo was disabled so it wouldn't crash constantly. Still kinda surprised they got together what they did.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Doxx post on /r/StarCitizen has been highly upvoted

"All of this is from PUBLIC profiles/github repos/blogs explicitly linked to real life names and companies... on first glance this will look a lot like a "doxx post" but I swear it's not. This is about a CEO, a startup company, an open source github, and how all this relates to CIG."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Pilz posted:

Schedule's a hilarious attempt to garner trust and rake in a final few waves of cash. It's somehow working.

CIG managed to make a shooter in Cryengine except maybe possibly a ton of it was staged and poo poo was disabled so it wouldn't crash constantly. Still kinda surprised they got together what they did.

We've been expecting the "final few waves of cash" at least a couple dozen times by now, if the backers haven't woken up yet they're not likely to do so anytime soon

The most we can honestly expect is the occasional streetroller-type convert, getting out after some seemingly arbitrary gently caress-up. Better settle in for a long, long ride.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Quavers posted:

Doxx post on /r/StarCitizen has been highly upvoted

"All of this is from PUBLIC profiles/github repos/blogs explicitly linked to real life names and companies... on first glance this will look a lot like a "doxx post" but I swear it's not. This is about a CEO, a startup company, an open source github, and how all this relates to CIG."

i'm not sure i understand. is the argument that, because something is publicly available and not illegal to re-distribute, that it is then ethically OK and totally normal to compile information like that?

i might not understand exactly what doxxing actually means, like maybe it implies breaking the law, or seeking out non-public information. like, taking the guy who posted the picture of the Thanksgiving setup as an example; it isn't breaking the law, and it doesn't require much effort or loading up any hacking tools or whatever, so maybe you can't call something like that doxxing, but to me, regardless of it being legal and easy to do, it is still feels indicative of being weirdly obsessive

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Pilz posted:

The fact that after 130 million dollars and 4 years, CIG managed to make a 4v4 FPS arena shooter in Cryengine shows how much of a visionary Roberts really is. This is stuff nobody in the gaming industry have done before.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
So looking at their new schedule 2.6 is pretty much out the window barring a miracle. It technically says 12-13 but it only says that because they cut all the evocati and ptu to basically nothing arbitrarily. If they left it at regular lengths we"re into next year (they shut down 12-19) assuming NOTHING goes wrong and the blockers are solved today.

Its insane and some citizens are starting to pave the way to "i didnt ecpect it anyway its in the game already" bs.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Crazy Achmed posted:

I don't think I understand cookie development, but I don't see a coffee machine in that picture. Is it barista quality? How much did it cost? I'm not pledging a single cent unless each coffee is costing you double digits in annual depreciation.

Does your oven have a regular door or a space door? This is important.

I am currently ordering this: https://www.appliancesconnection.co...CFYESgQodcHAJQw

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

We've been expecting the "final few waves of cash" at least a couple dozen times by now, if the backers haven't woken up yet they're not likely to do so anytime soon

The most we can honestly expect is the occasional streetroller-type convert, getting out after some seemingly arbitrary gently caress-up. Better settle in for a long, long ride.

M-maybe this is really it, though! Maybe the backers will finally wake up! Accountability will be had, Crobber, Sandy and Ortwin will be fined/jailed for fraud, and someone ELSE will make the BDSSE!
I can dream, can't I? :(

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Grandmother of Five posted:

i'm not sure i understand. is the argument that, because something is publicly available and not illegal to re-distribute, that it is then ethically OK and totally normal to compile information like that?

I think the argument is that :reddit: is very quick to call dox when you link stuff like IMDB and LinkedIn profiles, especially of well-known and highly publicised people, only to then immediately turn around and say that “…oh, but this is all public information, so no dox” when they compile far more scattered personal information about someone unknown for themselves.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tokamak posted:

glad they have managed to hit every carb staple - fries, mash potatoes, rice, pasta salad, bread rolls, some baked dish that looks full of carbs. They forgot beans, but they already had three healthy/vegetable sides so I can forgive the omission.

Corn isn't a vegetable.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Lladre posted:

Corn isn't a vegetable.

Fruit?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I shoot paper and steel. Once in a blue moon, deer. What's your setup? I'll share mine:

Deer / Paper (big holes): Remington R700 5R Milspec, Vortex Viper PST 4-14 50mm obj.
Deer / Paper (many holes): Remington 870 Marine Magnum SS with Trijicon Tritium sights, SBE follower, LE extension.
Rodent / Paper (small holes): Ruger 10/22 SS, Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot, TechSights TSR200 irons

And, I'll be grabbing a P226 in the upcoming months.

M4a1 Socom 14.5" rifled barrel. Knight Armament floating rails and forward pistol grip pod. ACS™ Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec, with Trijicon TA31RMR ACOG 4x32 Scope, Dual Illuminated Red Crosshair .223 Ballistic Reticle, 3.25 MOA RMR Sight. Magpul enhanced magazines with 30 ,60, & 100 rd caps. I too like shooting......paper.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer

Grain I think. So more carbs.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Grandmother of Five posted:

i might not understand exactly what doxxing actually means, like maybe it implies breaking the law, or seeking out non-public information. like, taking the guy who posted the picture of the Thanksgiving setup as an example; it isn't breaking the law, and it doesn't require much effort or loading up any hacking tools or whatever, so maybe you can't call something like that doxxing, but to me, regardless of it being legal and easy to do, it is still feels indicative of being weirdly obsessive

If you're trying to defend your own actions, you say it's not doxxing because it's all publicly available. If you want to call out somebody else's, you claim that their malicious intentions makes whatever they're doing suspect and/or illegal

The only thing I've learnt about doxxing in the thread is that it's an immensely tedious subject

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

DigitalMocking posted:

I was wondering what everyone thought about the new 'schedule' and that janky shooter poo poo they had to show.

It's poo poo.
My opinion anyways.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fruits and vegetables aren't mutually exclusive terms though, also you first have to define whether you're talking about botanical or gastronomical fruits

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xarbala posted:

tbh I actually don't really care for following Ben's twitter because it's just quietly depressing and I'm genuinely not that curious about the personal lives of the poor idiots at CIG

There's several things in this thread I don't care for. But complaining about it seems useless. I just scroll pass what doesn't interest me. :justpost:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

If they have all these dumb alien races, what race were the sand people in the Citcon demo? Another distinct race or humans or what? Bet they didn't think that through!

drat! Now THAT is one hell of a logic feedback loop to wedge the poo poo out of the white knights on :reddit:. BRILLIANT!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They were the Sanduuls.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

DigitalMocking posted:

Its below average, something you would find on Steam Greenlight from a "fresh out of college" studio. It will, however buy CIG a few more months of Starfuel(tm) so the cycle of demo->hype->sales->demo will continue.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Fruits and vegetables aren't mutually exclusive terms though, also you first have to define whether you're talking about botanical or gastronomical fruits

True, but I was more wondering if this was one of those cases where an apparent berry is actually a fruit (or vice versa) or some false fruit or just a seed. I suppose it also depends on exactly what part we're talking about : wiki says the whole thing is apparently a grain, but the actual kernels are a fruit. It is also a grass.

In conclusion, biologists are silly.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The sand people are human because for whatever reason they don't wear gloves. And their northern European looking skin color is visible. Cause you know that would not get sunburn in a couple of hours in that desert.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

They were the Sanduuls.
:sandance:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

True, but I was more wondering if this was one of those cases where an apparent berry is actually a fruit (or vice versa) or some false fruit or just a seed. I suppose it also depends on exactly what part we're talking about : wiki says the whole thing is apparently a grain, but the actual kernels are a fruit. It is also a grass.

The thing that's got the seed be fruit, whatever else its name might be. Berries are fruit or compound fruits, drupes are fruits, most of the things we call nuts are fruit. It's not really that biologists are silly, more that people very reasonably confuse the biological concept with the everyday one, since while the things we call fruit are fruits, many things we don't call fruit are also fruits.

If some insufferable pedant claims "yeah that thing isn't actually a fruit :smug:", he's very likely an idiot. On the other hand, if you ask for a fruit and some insufferable pedant hands you a tomato, that's probably Octopode

Here are some things that aren't fruits:
  • Froot Loops
  • Fruit(s) of the Loom
  • High-fructose corn syrup

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone who takes the challenge can get banned.

What?! I'm afeared for muh 10bux!

So we've got what? 3 takers so far?

Let's remember the good times together.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

biologists are silly

This is the only part I really read, since it fits my belief system.

quote:

some insufferable pedant […], that's probably Octopode

And this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

:same:

The fruit thing is basically just a matter of how :smuggo: you feel like being at a given time though, tbh.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

:lesnick: is probably at the point where he needs a special device just to wipe his rear end yet doesn't think he has a weight problem

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

That was originally a Depeche Mode song, FYI.

It still is.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Percelus posted:

:lesnick: is probably at the point where he needs a special device just to wipe his rear end yet doesn't think he has a weight problem

not mine

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

:same:

The fruit thing is basically just a matter of how :smuggo: you feel like being at a given time though, tbh.

I suppose there's also the added benefit that you can start calling the most ridiculous things “fruit” just to have the :smuggo: explode in a incoherent gibbering trying to correct you. That's always nice.

“Hey, let's try this pheasant breast.”
“That's actually a fruit, you know…”

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

moveable shape posted:

Please summon the restraint. Let's pretend we have some loving class here alright?

A quick guide from the last few pages :

Ben overseeing the hauling of $10k of boxed up wing commander waste is funny.

What he /his family ate for dinner is not funny.

I hate that i have to act as the voice of reason, but he's right (and the others who commented are right too).

Occasional ben fat joke is okay, because it's funny coz it's stupid.
Joking about Ben's thanksgiving dinner as an abstract is low, and not very funny, but somewhat okay.

Overanalyzing Ben's dinner photo makes thread sad, though.
Posting internet meme gifs as reactions makes thread sad too.

Show some class, thread, it's a slippery slope.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

this is why we need marching powder

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Why isn't it funny? :colbert:

Lack of context.
Home environment.
Includes (indirectly) people who are not really Ben.
Obsessive pixel peeping of someone's food table that lasts for pages.

It gets unfunny after the first few comments, and then devolves into being creepy.

quote:

*edit* Notice sandi drinking from a sippie cup

OTOH, sippie cup funny.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

I suppose there's also the added benefit that you can start calling the most ridiculous things “fruit” just to have the :smuggo: explode in a incoherent gibbering trying to correct you. That's always nice.

“Hey, let's try this pheasant breast.”
“That's actually a fruit, you know…”

Plus if you really make yourself believe, then you don't have to feel so much shame inside when you say "My favorite fruit is White Eagle vodka."

People will think you're joking, but deep down you'll know you're only trying to live responsibly and eat a balanced diet.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

this is why we need marching powder

Because without him, orcinus turns into Marching Powder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

his nibs posted:

ixz sta r cutizen oytr yet tttttttttttbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnbnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Locked thread