Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Condiv posted:

A) She may run again in 4 years, so nope still relevant.
B) :laffo: stop pretending her hands were tied. She didn't have to author the law

She isn't going to run for president again. 2016 was her window slamming shut, no matter how much people want to play her up as some dark lich queen who only ages superficially. Getting old happens to everyone and running for president is incredibly grueling, let alone being president. She probably isn't going to fade away like W did but she won't be running for president. Senator maybe but even that's an outside shot. She and her entire party power bloc are disgraced beyond redemption, and there's no way she's going to be able to convince even the NY senate primary voters that she's anything other than a craven triangulating machine who will sap the life out of the party apparatus if allowed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

FAUXTON posted:

She isn't going to run for president again. 2016 was her window slamming shut, no matter how much people want to play her up as some dark lich queen who only ages superficially. Getting old happens to everyone and running for president is incredibly grueling, let alone being president. She probably isn't going to fade away like W did but she won't be running for president. Senator maybe but even that's an outside shot. She and her entire party power bloc are disgraced beyond redemption, and there's no way she's going to be able to convince even the NY senate primary voters that she's anything other than a craven triangulating machine who will sap the life out of the party apparatus if allowed to.

I certainly hope so, but it never hurts to remind people of why her career deserves to be dead 💀

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

FAUXTON posted:

Basically this. If there's any take away for Hillary personally it's just how toxic the Clinton brand is to an electorate. She may be able to hold out a senate seat in New York if she ever wanted to do that again, but my guess is after this election she'll just bury herself in the Clinton Foundation where she doesn't have to run a political campaign anymore.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DeathSandwich posted:

Basically this. If there's any take away for Hillary personally it's just how toxic the Clinton brand is to an electorate. She may be able to hold out a senate seat in New York if she ever wanted to do that again, but my guess is after this election she'll just bury herself in the Clinton Foundation where she doesn't have to run a political campaign anymore.
I sure as hell wouldn't want to relive that nightmare. I mean seriously, it was one of those nightmares where someone is trying to kill you and you are punching them with all of your might but your punches are landing on them like you're a little baby and you don't know why.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I think most voters don't *despise* Clinton as this board does, but they certainly wouldn't vote for her again because she is seen as someone who can't win. Her career is now over.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BarbarianElephant posted:

I think most voters don't *despise* Clinton as this board does, but they certainly wouldn't vote for her again because she is seen as someone who can't win. Her career is now over.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Phone posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I thought people didn't vote against candidates, but in favor of policies.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Bueno Papi posted:

Or the medicaid expansion. Yeah, the states will have to pay for 20% of it but it also makes all your hospitals solvent overnight. That and the people not dying thing.

The states actually paid for 0% of the Medicaid expansion for 3 years. Then their share of the payments increased by 2% a year until it reaches 10% in 2023. It caps at 10% forever after that.

It is an insanely good deal for any state that cares about having a well run Medicaid system or the health of its citizens. It is a bad deal for any state that is trying to balance the state budget in order to direct every possible spare tax dollar to tax cuts.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It is an insanely good deal for any state that cares about having a well run Medicaid system or the health of its citizens. It is a bad deal for any state that is trying to balance the state budget in order to direct every possible spare tax dollar to tax cuts.

Don't worry with block grants they'll be able to use the medicaid money to plug their tax cut budget holes.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Phone posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hmmm. Looks like she won the state she's been the senator of. What were you proving with this?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
is today be an obtuse motherfucker day and no one told me?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Phone posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Use your words.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

The take where Senator Clinton introduced a bill that punished flag burning with up to two years in prison?

look, America had just been ATTACKED, it was a different time

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Phone posted:

Sorry, were you making the same point I was? She could probably go back to the Senate. I don't think she'll bother though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Well if you want to get pedantic about it, more people voted for her (provided you're not insane).

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Phone posted:

You posted an electoral map without much context or making an argument. If your argument is Trump won, and using that as proof that people wouldn't vote for Clintonnow I should probably remind you she won the popular vote by 2 million votes

Edit: not a Clinton supporter, voted WWP.

LunarShadow fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 29, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
alright, fine. i live in a "safe" suburban city and my neighbor up the road who runs a taxi service had a HILLARY FOR PRISON sign in his yard. other signage in my small subdivision were like maybe 2 or 3 signs out for Clinton/Kaine. i don't think i have to stretch your imaginations too much to say that the dude with the HILLARY FOR PRISON sign on his front yard was doing it for a laugh.

this election was her's to lose and she lost it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Phone posted:

alright, fine. i live in a "safe" suburban city and my neighbor up the road who runs a taxi service had a HILLARY FOR PRISON sign in his yard. other signage in my small subdivision were like maybe 2 or 3 signs out for Clinton/Kaine. i don't think i have to stretch your imaginations too much to say that the dude with the HILLARY FOR PRISON sign on his front yard was doing it for a laugh.

this election was her's to lose and she lost it.

We know. What's that have to do with anything else people were talking about?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

blue squares posted:

look, America had just been ATTACKED, it was a different time

Specifically, 2005.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Joementum posted:

Specifically, 2005.

Consequently, the last time Obama's team won a WS.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
Yeah Tom Price is gonna try to kill Medicare and Medicaid for sure. The ACA is done but that's a foregone conclusion.

Dude is an arch conservative, an uncompromising embodiment of the southern Republican made flesh. He was also rude to one of my old classmates once.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Guy Farting posted:

Yeah Tom Price is gonna try to kill Medicare and Medicaid for sure. The ACA is done but that's a foregone conclusion.

Dude is an arch conservative, an uncompromising embodiment of the southern Republican made flesh. He was also rude to one of my old classmates once.

Social security is on the chopping block too.

After 8 years of Trump, America will be lucky to have any socialized medicine left (it won't have any).

On the plus side, there won't be any baby boomers left after this happens.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
With Devos , Price , and Sessions as picks we are getting the worst of the worst. So I really expect Gollum for SoS.

Weird that Carson would get housing. Cause he isn't the worst person possible to have that job.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/politico/status/803624911637979136

your infrequent reminder that Mitch McConnell's wife is Chinese (and was a cabinet secretary under GWB)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Didn't take her husband's last name?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Covok posted:

and everyone on disability for mental health problems will have gone Hotline Miami

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

HannibalBarca posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/803624911637979136

your infrequent reminder that Mitch McConnell's wife is Chinese (and was a cabinet secretary under GWB)

Finally we have the plan to rebuild coal country: make all locomotives steam engines again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DeathSandwich posted:

Then again we're talking about whatever happens after the Trump Presidency which is all up in the loving air. The smartest thing would be to never try again, but we don't know if it'd be possible for something to become so catastrophic it makes the name Clinton electable. But that's assuming the Dems would also touch her again after 2016 which I also highly doubtful, even if the old dem establishment wins the on-going slap fight.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm kind of curious where the actual jobs for kilroy's communism plan of "force all businesses to have half their board of directors made up of ordinary workers," so that the poor little rural shitheads can be treated with respect, are going to come from. The problem in the rust belt and similar areas is that there are no employers. They left.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
Whether they like her or not, she's going to be too old to run again. In 4 years time there will be a chance for a younger Democrat to make a name for themselves, especially if Trump doesn't manage to bring those factories back.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

Social security is on the chopping block too.

After 8 years of Trump, America will be lucky to have any socialized medicine left (it won't have any).

I wonder if Baby Boomers complaining when their Medicare and Social Security get gutted will do anything? Or I guess most of them will be too immobile after not receiving adequate healthcare to do anything as their children have to support them.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

fits my needs posted:

I wonder if Baby Boomers complaining when their Medicare and Social Security get gutted will do anything? Or I guess most of them will be too immobile after not receiving adequate healthcare to do anything as their children have to support them.

The privatization plans are always designed to only kick in for younger people, so Boomers can do what they do best and enjoy the fruits of the previous generation while denying it to their descendants.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

BarbarianElephant posted:

Whether they like her or not, she's going to be too old to run again. In 4 years time there will be a chance for a younger Democrat to make a name for themselves, especially if Trump doesn't manage to bring those factories back.

Oh he'll bring factories back, but they'll be Chinese style Potemkin factories that can't make anything because the resources aren't loving there. He'll waste a lot of dollars pushing up Trump Hotels and Trump whatever that none of the Rustbelt could actually keep because there is no economy there even Trump tries to form up little Trump Towns. And if those fail like they most likely will, the Rustbelt will start to turn on him and Trump will tweet about how worthless that part of the country is for daring to insult HIM.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Democrats need Justin Trudeau.

Seriously, just go kidnap him or something.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

fits my needs posted:

Too bad their children are flat broke for being lazy shits!!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

irlZaphod posted:

The Democrats need Justin Trudeau.

Seriously, just go kidnap him or something.

america has already elected a handsome charismatic liberal, and his term ends in january

what america needs is leftism, not more liberalism

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Too bad their children are flat broke for being lazy shits!!

drat lazy Millennials.......making Medicare and Social Security unviable due to their own combined laziness!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zegermans posted:

The privatization plans are always designed to only kick in for younger people, so Boomers can do what they do best and enjoy the fruits of the previous generation while denying it to their descendants.

Not exactly. Paul Ryan's ObamaMediCare plan is supposed to take effect in 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's disappointing to say the least that Obama is not saying a word about the impending destruction of his major legacy. He should be speaking out and reminding people of the good things they are about to lose.

• Locked thread