Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Percelus posted:

:lesnick: is probably at the point where he needs a special device just to wipe his rear end yet doesn't think he has a weight problem

Have you looked at his arms? Does it look like they reach his rear end? That point has long come and gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

Because without him, orcinus turns into Marching Powder?

yes but his balanced, polite way of doing it just doesn't feel right

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Is he Canadian?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
IT'S PAGE 6609 AND I'VE HAD IT WITH ALL THESE BEN IS FAT JOKES! I SWEAR IF I SEE ONE MORE OF YOU CREEPY LOSERS TALKING poo poo ABOUT HOW FAT BEN IS I SWEAR I'LL JUST KEWAUEIFHAWLIUFHAGLUIASDLFJFCHBLEWIU!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
He is definitely of above average size. Possibly because of his caloric intake, which is above average in amounts.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thatguy posted:

IT'S PAGE 6609 AND I'VE HAD IT WITH ALL THESE BEN IS FAT JOKES! I SWEAR IF I SEE ONE MORE OF YOU CREEPY LOSERS TALKING poo poo ABOUT HOW FAT BEN IS I SWEAR I'LL JUST KEWAUEIFHAWLIUFHAGLUIASDLFJFCHBLEWIU!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

#ISITWITHBEN

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Excuse me, holidays and all, plus I suspected this thread would languish now that all the events are over for the year.

Anything actually happen this last week?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Quavers posted:

Doxx post on /r/StarCitizen has been highly upvoted

"All of this is from PUBLIC profiles/github repos/blogs explicitly linked to real life names and companies... on first glance this will look a lot like a "doxx post" but I swear it's not. This is about a CEO, a startup company, an open source github, and how all this relates to CIG."
Someone alert FYAD.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I bought a game on steam last night for a fiver. It was a port of a PS Vita game. I played it for 7 hours straight, found it very playable, totally compelling, funny, witty in places, and it never crashed. I only stopped because it was 5am and I was totally shattered.

I think I understand everything Chris Roberts is trying to save us all from now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

thatguy posted:

Yeah, see, now I just want to know what that actually entails.

Ben is fat. Lol.

Drunk Theory posted:

Excuse me, holidays and all, plus I suspected this thread would languish now that all the events are over for the year.

Derek got into a forum fight. SC missed two deadlines. That's about it.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 29, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'm a Strolling Sherry.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tippis posted:

Ben is fat. Lol.

Derek got into a forum fight. SC missed two deadlines. That's about it.

i got banned from derek's discord for quoting derek at derek :lol:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

i got banned from derek's discord for quoting derek at derek :lol:

He's more thin-skinned than Donald Trump.

Internet Warlord. LOL.

In Star Citizen news:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Meanwhile over at the international community…

When confronted with some critics suggesting that CIG should stop selling more ships and focusing in developing the ones sold and the actual gameplay, Top Cultist #1 had this to say:

quote:

“The 85X was done because they had to recreate Origin´s materials and look and it was easier to make the prototype in a smaller ship, as they did with the Herald for Drake. And this ship had been promised years ago, so it was a good candidate… the fact that they sold it during the anniversary so to have an LTI basic ship at 50 USD is a great coincidence, don’t you think? :D They will then later use those materials to build the 890 and reconstruct the 300s series which is going to be used by a lot of people and because it has to be adapted for 2015+ technology. It is part of the development.

With regards to launching additional ships, my opinion is that they [CIG] should never stop adding new ships. Let´s take things in perspective please. This year, 2016, they have made flyable the following ships (I include 2.6 since those are already ready):

1-Vanguard Warden
2- Sabre
3- Khartu-al
4- Starfarer and Starfarer Gemini
5- Reliant Kore
6- Argo Cargo and Personnel
7- Caterpillar
8- Herald
9- 85X

And this year they had made these ships as concept:

1- Vanduul Blade (a ship for the bad guys,… so we can count it)
2- Prospector.
3- Buccaneer.
4- Dragonfly.
5- Terrapin.
6- Polaris (the corvette was promised in 2012, because the Idris was promoted to Frigate, which was already promised in 2012)
7- Prowler.
8- Vanguard Hoplite (in 2.6)

As long as they keep on adding more ships than they launch as concept every year I think we all win, don’t we? They make new ships and concept new ones too. Some go out, and some go in. This should never stop: Those who make the ships are dedicated to that and will still be dedicated to that after release because the game revolves around all kinds of vehicles and a shooter. They have to give us ship content because it is through those ships that we experience and get variety the Universe in Star Citizen.

Star Citizen: When gameplay means gently caress all and all it is is ships.

When confronted to the question about the crazy prices of the sales, Top Cultist #1 of course had to regurgitate the party line that all prices can only go up (remember, remember, real estate only goes up, dot coms can also only go up) and better buy now or suffer the consequences. I swear this guy must be on CIG´s pay roll and has been told that he has to implant the sense of urgency to buy now among his community… The issue of gold farmers, which are the ones that put a cap on prices in these situations, completely ignored of course.

quote:

“Oh well, there is no doubt there is going to be a big controversy [at launch], especially if this affects the ships that most people have, that is the first 6: Avenger, Carrack and their variants. I am going to laugh when people see that an Aurora which costs about 30 USD will cost, say, 100,000 credits in game, and a Hornet of 110 USD will cost 900,000 credits in game. Or even worst, when people see that a Connie Andromeda that now costs 225 USD will cost 3,000,000 UEC and a Carrack that costs 350 USD will cost 30,000,000 or something along those lines. These are figures I am making up, to be clear, but I want to warn as much as I can in advance to avoid those recurring dramas that will happen once the game goes Live. The economies of scale [SIC] is going to leave a lot of people in shock :D . There are ships that are worth UEC x4 or x10 what they are worth in USD and they are spread around the whole range of prices today."

Star Citizen: Buy, buy, buy now you fool before it is too late!

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

ben is so fat he and his wife were featured in a TV segment in Japan that gawked and openly made fun of big fatso Americans. like an entire foreign nation was mocking his weight

that still didn't motivate him to change his deadly lifestyle. if anything he doubled down on posting his food pictures

makes u think

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

MedicineHut posted:

Star Citizen: When gameplay means gently caress all and all it is is ships.

Someone has never played a CCG or LCG.

quote:

Star Citizen: Buy, buy, buy now you fool before it is too late!

Someone has never looked at how an MMO economy works.

Is there some kind of requirement to not be familiar with anything gamelike that has come out since the mid-90s to be a citizen? Or a mandatory memory erasure? Something like “Do you part! Ignorance guarantees citizenship!”

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

You keep forgetting that there was a misconception between 64 bit floats being used in a co-ordinate system and 64 bit floats being used for GPU calculations. There was a time where fans thought the engine was going to be so advanced that the rendering was being calculated at 64 bit precision for the highest fidelity. They were even discussing how current 64 bit GPU performance wasn't anything like 32 bit performance. There was also some theory crafting around AMD and Nvidia having to catch up to CIG and produce 64 bit GPUs because it was the future of gaming.

Oh, I am well aware. In fact, that was part of why I made that post to him in which I outlined the differences between the three 64-Bit entities those backers keep misinterpreting.

Fact is, I can't keep pushing Ben too hard or he's just going to stop responding. :negative:

Though I think today may just be the tipping point. For the avoidance of doubt and FUD, I would love to have on-the-record answers to those five questions. So I hope he indulges me.

And here they are at it again: Now they are theory-crafting (with a bit of borderline doxxing mixed in) StarNetwork.

Choice comment:

quote:

Yeah, seems CIG's hasn't learned anything from Illfonic debacle: they outsource, they find at the end it's incompatible.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ryan Archer wanted to get in on the cookie competition!

VvvV Thanks, Lladre. Thlladre.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 29, 2016

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The more ships they add the better it will be for the network code to handle the damage states of ships in combat on a singular server universe, while people are also having a FPS shootout in the cargo hold of one of them.

^^^ Able, you need the .jpg at the end of it.

Lladre fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 29, 2016

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Tippis posted:

Ben is fat. Lol.
I'll derail this whole thread into how to properly address trannies again.

I'll do it I swear!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
For any Citizens reading.

FYAD stands for For Your Autism, Derek.

Its an organization that respects our warlord but also realizes that Derek's time is finite. They have agreed to help Derek in any minor doxxing pursuits he simply doesn't have the time for.

Need to know what shoes Sandi was wearing last week to crossreference? They're your guys. Need to know what time a dev's kid gets home from school? They're on it.

Arfjason is actually one of the top lieutenants. As is INRI.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

thatguy posted:

I'll do it I swear!

Ok. Never mind. I never said anything. Let's aaaaall take it very very easy now. :stare:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

1st - you assume I don't like Deloria, in fact I posted several times that I didn't care if he was really a teenage girl or a fat nerd because I think that milking online pervs out of their money by pretending to be a promiscuous teenager is funny as hell.

poo poo, this is how I play MMOs

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
You guy's think Ben owns one of these?

Because he's so fat?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D1E posted:

He's more thin-skinned than Donald Trump.

Internet Warlord. LOL.

An Internet Warlord with thick skin would not be half as entertaining, and you know it. :colbert:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

thatguy posted:

I'll do it I swear!

:getout:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Lladre posted:

Because he's so fat?

a giant marshmallow Peep to stomp on?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Lladre posted:

Because he's so fat?

What the hell is that?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

HycoCam posted:

We support you completely and know you need the extra time to polish the cookies. After all better to release nothing at all rather than a bad cookie. Some Japanese backer taught us that...

Samizdata posted:

As long as I can be sure you are all up night baking, saving us from the tyranny of bakeries like Keebler (who keep releasing the same cookies year after year), I am willing to wait as long as it takes. In fact, put me down for a Lesnick Pack! (Also, do any of them come with LTI, so, when I eat them, I get a base model of the same cookie for free?)

Beet Wagon posted:

you're expertly triggering my crowdfunding ptsd commando

The Big Ol' Rocketship Is Dead: Long Live The Big Ol' Rocketship!

The team at DSNABA is currently building the first cookie platters for Bakery 42, the culinary experience that will launch you into the Choc Chipizen universe. The bakery's menu calls for the customer to start the meal with a smaller baked good. We assigned them the Big Ol' Rocketship, the scrappy little cookie with a fierce bite already designed and presented to you. Unfortunately, this necessitated some refactoring of the pipelines.

Working from the Big Ol' Rocketship for this piece seemed like a natural fit… until the team whiteboxing the interior found that the original concept was not sized to fit with the chocolate chips. Since the BOR would need to carry multiple chocolate chips (in both Bakery 42 and the persistent universe) they needed to expand the surface area. Other additions, necessary as we learned exactly how a cookie would function, necessitated more inside: greebles for better chewing, TR6 flavor clusters to replace the TR5's and so on. The Big Ol' Rocketship needed to get bigger and better!

In the end, the cookie was a full hundred meters longer and a much more imposing meal than the light snack we originally imagined. As such, we have made the decision to reclassify it. The Big Ol' Rocketship is now a pie, and existing fiction will be updated to reflect this change wherever possible. We are not removing BOR's from anyone’s inventories; everyone who owned BOR cookie yesterday owns a BOR pie today. I’m hoping existing backers will be happy: you’re ending up with twice the baked good you pledged for!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

That is a very nice stove. I have a Wolf and absolutely love it.

http://www.abt.com/product/68132/Wolf-48-Stainless-Steel-Gas-Range-With-Griddle-GR486G.html

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Tippis posted:

Ok. Never mind. I never said anything. Let's aaaaall take it very very easy now. :stare:

This thread needs cute animals! QUICK, BREAK OUT THE EMERGENCY PROCEDURAL BIRD GENERATOR!

poo poo it's gone horribly wrong! try again!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Drunk Theory posted:

Not much. Ton of money came in. The change log to the schedule was interesting, as in everything was delayed and one of the delays was due to illness.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

Because without him, orcinus turns into Marching Powder?

Suddenly I was infused with glorious FYAD morality.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Threads dead Jim.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

one of the delays was due to illness.

Someone needs to crowdfund these guys a better excuse generator; this one's repeating

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

What the hell is that?

Apparently some sort of foot loofa?
For people who can't reach their foot when showering?

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.
FINALLY!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

now you gotta change your name

• Locked thread