Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Stay in the bag stAY IN THE GODDAMN BAG YOU PUFFY PIECE OF poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Clocks posted:

Eventually I think all these beast ball mons are going to be super common. Last I checked up on beldum, the GTS is full of beast ball ones. (On the flipside I have a couple other beast ball pokemon that don't seem to have proliferated quite as fast yet.)

That's the beauty of all this. Someone can put in all the work and as long as they're willing to share they'll be spread far and wide!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dizz posted:

I've still got female castforms that are holding Destiny Knot. They're more for the item and dex fill, then you can breed more if you want or release it.

I added you and am on now, FC is 1075-0796-7247, 3DS name: Chiller, pkmn name: John

I also have a Kadabra that I need to evolve, if you wouldn't mind trading it back.

edit: Looks like my 3DS charger just stopped working so uhhh I'll be offline for a bit

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 29, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thank you for the trade.

E: Note Block, just request Pandora when you're ready. I'm here for the rest of the hour.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 29, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dizz posted:

I've still got female castforms that are holding Destiny Knot. They're more for the item and dex fill, then you can breed more if you want or release it.

This would be awesome, I'm getting on again now.

Meliadoul, 4699-6503-7121

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Chill Penguin posted:

I added you and am on now, FC is 1075-0796-7247, 3DS name: Chiller, pkmn name: John

I also have a Kadabra that I need to evolve, if you wouldn't mind trading it back.

Sure, I don't mind a fast trade evo.

grilldos posted:

I'll take a castform. 3952-7004-2978 grilldos

FishBulb posted:

I mean I'll take one from you if you really want to get rid of them

Fc: 396980024035
Name is Daddo in game

I gotta take my kid to school but I'll be on later

Added everyone, I will still be on for a good 30 minutes and then return later today.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Dizz posted:

Added.

0233 - 1931 - 6531 if anyone still wants a destiny knot and a castform / Vannilite

I will be on for a good hour if any of you are able to take advantage of it.

I just added you -- I'd love a Castform, if possible.

1650-5768-2588, Wizzop

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I just got wonder traded this

It's totally legit right guys

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

Thank you for the trade.

E: Note Block, just request Pandora when you're ready. I'm here for the rest of the hour.

Great! I will be online in just a second.

Got your Grimer (Adamant, several egg moves, should have some good IVs, in luxury ball) as well, Supremezero!

greatn posted:

Anything born from it would be legit though, wouldn't it?

Yes. Legit and Legal. Gamefreak seems to really only care if the Pokemon has something it could never naturally get.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Crumbletron posted:

I just added you -- I'd love a Castform, if possible.

1650-5768-2588, Wizzop

That was quick, Thanks Dizz! Time to breed this lil scrote monster.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm playing on Moon so many blessings to you Senerio!

Ready when you are, Supremezero

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thank you for the trade. Good luck catching Lunala.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Dizz posted:

Added everyone, I will still be on for a good 30 minutes and then return later today.

Thanks!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

greatn posted:

Anything that passes through the GTS or wondertrade is "legit" in that it passes the game's legality checker, which can't really tell if a pokemon is hacked as long as everything about it is possible.

If you wanna be a purist then nothing born to a hacked pokemon is legit either.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I've been trying to trade a Litten for a Popplio for days and just now I find a guy offering one for a Minior, which is common and of which I have a million. People are weird with trades

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Crumbletron posted:

I've been trying to trade a Litten for a Popplio for days and just now I find a guy offering one for a Minior, which is common and of which I have a million. People are weird with trades

Eh, it's not that weird if he's already got a breeding program going. I'd just take the trade.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Supremezero posted:

If you want to breed me a HA Grimer (I have no idea if it's worth a drat, but it's neat) that'll work.

I'm hanging online in the Festival Plaza (SodaSopa!!!), just send me a trade when you are ready

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I just got wonder traded this

It's totally legit right guys

If it makes you feel better, you can give it to me :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

I managed to get several legendaries just by trading Mareanies and Mimikyu. some people are just lazy and/or duping legendaries to easily fill their dex

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

If you wanna be a purist then nothing born to a hacked pokemon is legit either.

I've always been curious to how many generations down this applies.

Like if someone has a 6IV mon whose great great great great, etc grandfather was a shiny hacked ditto, is it still illegal?

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I just got wonder traded a Yungoos named 'FOR SALE'. Clearly I am keeping him and evolving him.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Like if someone has a 6IV mon whose great great great great, etc grandfather was a shiny hacked ditto, is it still illegal?

It's "legal" if it passed Wondertrade or GTS

I mean this may just be people trying to normalize cheating or whatever but using PKHEX is really basically just time saving

The difference between that perfect IV shiny Ditto hacked in using PKHEX and someone getting one on their own is just hundreds of hours of time

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I name all of my Yungooses "A Good Boy" because he is, and his resemblance to the meme we elected president is accidental and not his fault.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Does the Island Scan timer work off of game time or real time? So like if I theoretically wanted to catch Togetic in a Beast Ball, would I have to do it within an hour or would I have all the time I wanted to reset?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Legality has it's actual own set of rules. According to Gamefreak, anything bred of a hacked pokemon is both "Legal" and "Legit", as long as it doesn't have anything it could never have naturally. Even most hacked Pokemon are considered "Legit" due to the fact that they are hacked to emulate the astronomical chance of getting a perfect IV, preferred nature/gender, shiny in the pokeball of their choice, because it could theoretically happen naturally, it's chances are just rare as gently caress. Gamefreak only really looks down on pokemon that have moves they couldn't get, stats that are impossible, or in a ball that's incompatible in some way to that particular pokemon.

I learned all this after getting a Shiny Perfect Ditto (not level 100 though, haha) off GTS and going down a google search rabbit hole.

Waffles Inc. posted:

It's "legal" if it passed Wondertrade or GTS

I mean this may just be people trying to normalize cheating or whatever but using PKHEX is really basically just time saving

The difference between that perfect IV shiny Ditto hacked in using PKHEX and someone getting one on their own is just hundreds of hours of time

This reminds me that you can't use the Pokebank as a litmus testing for what's legal or legit because in x/y, it had a habit of flagging ACTUALLY FOR REALS LEGIT pokemon as fake, due to the rarity factor of the pokemon attempting to be banked.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If it gets passed the in game detection it's just as legit as if you randomly caught a 6 IV whatever. There's literally no difference between the two except one was infinitely easier to get.

I like breeding pokes for good stats but I do it as a thing to relax. There's nothing wrong with injection/etc. to get stuff if you just wanna battle.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

tyblazitar posted:

Does the Island Scan timer work off of game time or real time? So like if I theoretically wanted to catch Togetic in a Beast Ball, would I have to do it within an hour or would I have all the time I wanted to reset?

It's real time, but it doesn't actually matter, since you can save before you do the scan and reset if it doesn't work.

Incidentally, if that works out for you, I'll trade you a Love Ball Togepi for a Beast Ball Togepi.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Is it possible to get any of the starters in a fancy ball now? Regular poke balls are just too boring for my precious Litten.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pyroi posted:

Is it possible to get any of the starters in a fancy ball now? Regular poke balls are just too boring for my precious Litten.

Nope, be weary of those, they are currently not legal.

tyblazitar posted:

I would also take a beast ball togepi in addition to Supremezero's love ball togepi.

I actually collect Togepi IRL and have a collection of over 200 of the adorable little happy eggies. I will take any and all Togepi. Hell maybe I should aim to get a Togepi in each ball...

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I name every Pokemon, including the breeding rejects that I bulk Wonder-Trade. I am: bad at coming up with names, so eventually I'm just launching level 1 pokemon named "Bort" and "Carl's Jr." into the internet. It's like a Pokemon shitpost.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I like breeding pokes for good stats but I do it as a thing to relax. There's nothing wrong with injection/etc. to get stuff if you just wanna battle.

IMO this falls apart when you participate in officially sanctioned tournaments with CASH PRIZES but TPCI hasn't policed it for over a decade so who cares

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Also I want everyone to know how upset I am that Mawile and Furret aren't available yet.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Welp, looks like I'm committed to this Beast Ball Togekiss now. :v:

Oh well, any break from Beldum breeding is welcome at this point. Entering quadruple digits and still no shiny.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If it gets passed the in game detection it's just as legit as if you randomly caught a 6 IV whatever. There's literally no difference between the two except one was infinitely easier to get.

The thing is this saves a lot of time, time that can be used to practice for tournaments with cash prizes. And not everyone has access to hacking. I mean between breeding/hyper training and hacking, the end results are ultimately the same, but hacking does provide unfair advantages in that regard.

Not that TPCi cares if Dream Ball Aegislash is any indication.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Emalde posted:

IMO this falls apart when you participate in officially sanctioned tournaments with CASH PRIZES but TPCI hasn't policed it for over a decade so who cares

Isn't injecting Pokemon for tournaments the same as buying cards or minifigs that normally come in blind packs from Ebay?

You're saving yourself the time involved in RNG

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Emalde posted:

Except it doesn't because the only differences between my 6 IV mega Khangaskan and their injected one is I spent about 5 hours more to get mine. It doesn't given them a competitive edge over mine it doesn't have impossible move sets because the game checks for that and outside of maybe being in an impossible poke ball (which means literally gently caress all for competitive purposes) it has to be something entirely possible.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waffles Inc. posted:

Isn't injecting Pokemon for tournaments the same as buying cards or minifigs that normally come in blind packs from Ebay?

You're saving yourself the time involved in RNG

It is considered around the same, yeah

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

The thing is this saves a lot of time, time that can be used to practice for tournaments with cash prizes. And not everyone has access to hacking. I mean between breeding/hyper training and hacking, the end results are ultimately the same, but hacking does provide unfair advantages in that regard.

Not that TPCi cares if Dream Ball Aegislash is any indication.

Except showdown and smogon exists and 90% of poke battles is making smart calls and 90% of that is just knowing numbers. Numbers you'd be looking over while breeding so you could decide on what nature/moves/abilities/Iv and ev spreads you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

I name every Pokemon, including the breeding rejects that I bulk Wonder-Trade. I am: bad at coming up with names, so eventually I'm just launching level 1 pokemon named "Bort" and "Carl's Jr." into the internet. It's like a Pokemon shitpost.

I only name ones that are special to me, like ones I specifically breed / EV train.