Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

I have no idea how stuff like this failed to connect with the rust belt voter.

ugh, my party is the loving worst. What odds does anyone want to take that less than 75% of this group voted in the election?

mugrim has issued a correction as of 16:23 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

good lord the comments on that 538 thing

Since Nate was the only person who was right this year this should in used to troll the gently caress outta hillmen

Has this been posted in uspol yet

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Okay, enough is enough.

Please forward samples of any foodstuffs whose nature as cookies is in dispute to me, and I will decide accordingly.

I may require numerous samples.

Only tasty disputed foods, please.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Phobophilia posted:

the cuck shalt not meet the eyes of the bull
i dunno a lot of hillpeople and GOP loyalists threw false accusations at bernie's face, what's yet another cuck in the face of the bull's horns

if there's one thing trump is earnestly, intentionally bad at, it's attacking really hard targets

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Nov 29, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lemon bars are tarts IMHO

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

euphronius posted:

Lemon bars are tarts IMHO

Aren't you an attorney? Like I am going to take the word of someone who makes a living bending the truth.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lawyers are actually preoccupied with rigorous definitions and classifications but whatever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

Lawyers are actually preoccupied with rigorous definitions and classifications but whatever

then you of all people should know about the footnote in the Bakke decision setting legal precedent for lemon bars to be cookies, the Mrs. Fields Test

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

euphronius posted:

ppshhh what are you a lawyer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

at least until the Trump court (named for the unprecedented move of a sitting president deposes the sitting chief justice in favor of appointing himself to the position) overturns Bakke

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

"Will killing Harambe end racism? Will it end sexism? Then why do it?" says Hillary Clinton.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
ok who did this

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Nanomashoes posted:

"Will killing Harambe end racism? Will it end sexism? Then why do it?" says Hillary Clinton.

when you consider the best take, that making harambe jokes was because black people are like gorillas with silly names, perhaps... the wokest choice would have been to let the hell ape survive

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

are lemon bars open-faced sandwiches?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

ok who did this

what's the uranium part about

I remember there was one guy in ye olde Bernie Threade whose username was some metallic element or other, and he was super defensive about all the exciting industrial and scientific uses that element had, and he got really unironically mad if you made fun of him for it, but I don't think it was uranium

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

ok who did this

imagine getting owned by a post-election Hillary supporter so hard you spend money giving him a kind of cool new yorker av with red text under it explaining exactly how he owned you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The question of whether a tomato is a fruit or vegetable went all the way to the Supreme Court

The court rightly decided that while a tomato is a fruit for the purposes of trade it is a vegetable

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

imagine getting owned by a post-election Hillary supporter so hard you spend money giving him a kind of cool new yorker av with red text under it explaining exactly how he owned you

Come on now I thought democrats had advanced past owning people

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i buy all avatars i am the puppetmaster hahahahahaha

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

My view may be in the minority since they expected their property to vote for them

Quote does not equal edit

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

thats why its so funny

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

My view may be in the minority since they expected their property to vote for them

Quote does not equal edit
you still did good :unsmith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

GlyphGryph posted:

Are fig newtons cookies?

Somebody feels strongly enough that the answer is "no" that they made sure it was included in Wikipedia.

That person was not me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fit newtons are merely over pastried tarts

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Thoguh posted:

Somebody feels strongly enough that the answer is "no" that they made sure it was included in Wikipedia.

That person was not me.

It's fruit and cake r tard

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

loquacius posted:

what's the uranium part about

I was in-eloquently pointing out in DnD that a lot of Bernie supporters were unironically linking to Breitbart (Clinton sold our Uranium to Russia!) throughout the primaries, and the absurdity of it made me less dismissive of horseshoe theory.

I would have preferred a cute corn cob tbh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thoguh posted:

That person was not me.

was it you though

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

quote:

“I wanted to bring some kind of humanity to her campaign, because I think humanity and love and humor tend to get lost when we’re in the heat of all of this,” says Celia Rowlson-Hall, 32, a New York-based choreographer who’s worked on HBO’s “Girls” and other TV shows and music videos. She and her Washington, D.C.-based friend, hiphop choreographer Crishon Landers, created the pantsuit dance, and Rowlson-Hall directed the video with her partner, Mia Lidofsky, an independent film producer. The couple met on the set of “Girls.”

Can somebody edit that "The Jews did this" gif to say "Lena Dunham did this"? TIA.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

zegermans posted:

ok who did this

what about horseshoe crab theory thats what i want to know about

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Dancing to make monsters feel emotions is literally the plot to an anime video game these idiots thought they could dance their way to a Clinton victory lmao forever

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

bump_fn posted:

what about horseshoe crab theory thats what i want to know about

That just involves peanut butter and a very angry Pollster on a Saturday night.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Hey if you guys haven't seen Green Room I would recommend it.

It's basically effete punks learning how to use violence to protect themselves from very "economically anxious" Trump supporters. A fitting movie.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Dancing to make monsters feel emotions is literally the plot to an anime video game these idiots thought they could dance their way to a Clinton victory lmao forever

quote:

There’s nothing like dance to convey enthusiasm and energy, so it’s a natural political tool. The fact that it’s rarely used to rally voters–and even more rarely used so well–is what makes this video feel so fresh.

hahahahah a journalist wrote this sincerely

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Man, with that dance thing, the Onion isn't even parody anymore, they're just one step ahead of reality.

On the subject of cookies, I was at a meeting a few months back where someone had made cupcakes using brownie mix. The result was really tough and chewy, but still delicious. How the heck do you classify that?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'll take a milder position that the dance thing probably didn't actually hurt the campaign, but that there was way too much focus on stuff like that and not enough on "hey, maybe do a little actual campaigning somewhere other than the ticket line for Hamilton".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Swan Oat posted:

hahahahah a journalist wrote this sincerely

how in the gently caress did we win any noncoastal states at all

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The DNC's 2020 strategy will just be Elite Beat Agents

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I think if you're struggling economically, seeing 170 people dancing happily endorsing a candidate might turn you off of them.

It's like how people complain about food stamps and how recipients have it "so much better" than them and they don't have to work. It just reinforces that poo poo that their lives are so good they are literally dancing to keep it the same way while you suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

loquacius posted:

how in the gently caress did we win any noncoastal states at all
nominally competent democratic senators in those states

• Locked thread