Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lord Bude posted:

It seems more complicated than Julian=Evil. He seemed genuinely scared and unwilling.

So he's Malfoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So as someone who finally ditched this show last season, has it gotten any better? At all?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

evilmiera posted:

So as someone who finally ditched this show last season, has it gotten any better? At all?

Whichever answer confirms your beliefs is correct.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

evilmiera posted:

TVIV's answer to this is always no and you know it

Actually I really like it, I think some folks do and some don't :shobon:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

TVIV's answer to this is always no and you know it

Actually I really like it, I think some folks do and some don't :shobon:

Well, what would you say makes it better than last season? I really liked the first season for the most part, much like I did Green Arrow.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

8one6 posted:

Post-Flashpoint do they still have Black Siren locked up in the no-lunch supermax?

My wife and I were talking about this the other day. I felt like logically Black Siren should have cease to exist once flashpoint was created and subsequently undone. Since she existed on earth2 which wasn't changed by Barry's time mockery prior to coming through the breach. So when time is reset she literally has no place on earth1 where she would have existed back when Barry's mom was killed, she has no start point to go back to on this side and since Earth2 is completely unaffected she can't reappear where she should have been there, so I guess she would just stop.

Time travel is a headache enough but throwing in parallel universes and their relation to time travel and I feel like my brain is melting trying to rationalize it.

However, knowing how the writers can be, I bet she is still in the pipeline. But if she is never mentioned again I am counting that as Flashpointed out of existence.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

evilmiera posted:

Well, what would you say makes it better than last season? I really liked the first season for the most part, much like I did Green Arrow.

I didn't really have a problem with last season, they just did a poo poo job pacing Zoloman's reveal and backstory. Three less episodes or so and it might have come across a lot tighter.

This is not exactly going to help the show's case with you but the big bads this time around are terrible. The individual episodes, though, are a lot of fun. Plus Killer Frost :allears:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Everyone's motivations actually make sense. They're more focused on the overall season plot. Characters are allowed to have fun.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everyone's motivations actually make sense. They're more focused on the overall season plot. Characters are allowed to have fun.

That last one is probably the most important part. The show feels FUN again.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Still not sold on HR, but yeah the "fun" is on the up this season.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

At least until last week's episode, where everybody hit their emotional rock bottom for various reasons at the same time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

At least until last week's episode, where everybody hit their emotional rock bottom for various reasons at the same time.

Kara's gonna fix that gloomy mess reeeeal fast, don't worry :buddy:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Kara's gonna fix that gloomy mess reeeeal fast, don't worry :buddy:

I'm thinking she returns Barry's favor and gets them all ice cream.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zebulon posted:

That last one is probably the most important part. The show feels FUN again.
I rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 recently, because I love the first season a huge amount, and there's a great scene in which Barry and Joe are talking and Barry tells him about his powers and Joe's like "that's super cool man" and Barry's like "yeah it rocks." It's neat to have characters actually enjoy something about being a hero.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm starting to think that Flashpoint may not be the timeline we saw in the season premiere, but instead it's what's currently going on right now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I rewatched Seasons 1 and 2 recently, because I love the first season a huge amount, and there's a great scene in which Barry and Joe are talking and Barry tells him about his powers and Joe's like "that's super cool man" and Barry's like "yeah it rocks." It's neat to have characters actually enjoy something about being a hero.

To me, that scene is in season 2 when King Shark tears the roof off of Joe's house looking for Barry, and Wally is just freaking the gently caress out, while Joe and Iris look like they're on the verge of laughing and are just like "yeah, this stuff happens a lot. Get over it."

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I thought Supergirl tonight was the official start of the crossover? Unless they're saving it for the literal last minute.

EDIT: oh there it is lol

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

They were!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If we don't get more ice-cream in this crossover I'm gonna be pissed.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Flash tricked me into watching another lovely episode of Supergirl. I won't be fooled next year CW!!! :colbert:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah, this season definitely got some of the "fun" back, but they are also shoving badly written team drama down our throats again. The whole Cisco-Barry thing is just :rolleyes:

I'm also wondering how/when they will add drama to Wally's new superpowers. I hope they don't go with the "overeager newbie speedster gets himself in trouble!" because that would be a literal rehash of what Jesse went through.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

I'm also wondering how/when they will add drama to Wally's new superpowers. I hope they don't go with the "overeager newbie speedster gets himself in trouble!" because that would be a literal rehash of what Jesse went through.

I assume he'll need regular doses of Speed Potion No. 9 to stay sane.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Proposition Joe posted:

The Flash tricked me into watching another lovely episode of Supergirl. I won't be fooled next year CW!!! :colbert:
Supergirl is the best out of the 4 shows though.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also they didn't have Henry inexplicably peace out after Barry finally proved his innocence. I know there were probably budget/casting reasons for it but it just seemed so ridiculous.

Also the entire Zoom storyline was just poorly written.

This season is a good deal better but not up there with Season 1.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

This season is a good deal better but not up there with Season 1.
Well, yeah. Season 1 is really, really good. It's up in my top 5 superhero-related things with JLU and Batman: TAS. It's not as good as either of those, but it is very good.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

FactsAreUseless posted:

With Barry's voiceover in season one he sounds so upbeat about being the fastest man alive, now in season three he seems so "Meh" about the whole thing, just phoning it in.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

spookygonk posted:

With Barry's voiceover in season one he sounds so upbeat about being the fastest man alive, now in season three he seems so "Meh" about the whole thing, just phoning it in.

Hard to be upbeat about it when the writers are determined to prove it wrong at every chance they can find.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cisco: "Wow Wally is even faster than Barry was when he got his powers"
Barry: :sigh:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Proposition Joe posted:

:same:

irlZaphod posted:

Supergirl is the best out of the 4 shows though.

Yeah actually the production values were a marked improvement over the CBS episode I watched. But I just have no idea what's going on with SG so while I was able to pick up on certain stuff (Mon El is apparently a new arrival, J'onn has some white martian drama) I wasn't really invested in it :unsmith:

I was just hoping for something similar to previous crossover eps, like Flash could have still shown up earlier and been like "I need your help!" and she could've said "ok but we need to take care of this first". I guess they didn't really push the crossover for this ep and just said the event was starting last night, which it technically did.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Cisco: "Wow Wally is even faster than Barry was when he got his powers"
Barry: :sigh:

don't worry, professor stein will come in and explain that it's only due to his natural athleticism.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Zebulon posted:

Hard to be upbeat about it when the writers are determined to prove it wrong at every chance they can find.
He knows it's a lie, he's just trying his hard to carry on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

don't worry, professor stein will come in and explain that it's only due to his natural athleticism.
Lmfao

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Guy A. Person posted:

:same:

Yeah actually the production values were a marked improvement over the CBS episode I watched. But I just have no idea what's going on with SG so while I was able to pick up on certain stuff (Mon El is apparently a new arrival, J'onn has some white martian drama) I wasn't really invested in it :unsmith:

I was just hoping for something similar to previous crossover eps, like Flash could have still shown up earlier and been like "I need your help!" and she could've said "ok but we need to take care of this first". I guess they didn't really push the crossover for this ep and just said the event was starting last night, which it technically did.

I watched the first episode of the first season of Supergirl and the cross over episode and didn't think it was that great. I have watched all the second season however and now it really is fun and good and has the best Superman since Christopher Reeve.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

No Butt Stuff posted:

He has more goes fast twitch muscle fiber.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
One thing stood out to me in that episode as a non-Supergirl watcher; Mon El is the best (when he's not being schmoopy with Kara). "You said to bring stuffing for Thanksgiving so I ripped open my mattress and got you some! :downs:"

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

No Butt Stuff posted:

Victor Garber narrated this post in my mind. Get out of my head, Gray! :argh:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh hey, this weird alien ship just faceplanted into the middle of the city. Better touch it when I can't even reach the rest of the team to communicate any useful information.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Zebulon posted:

Oh hey, this weird alien ship just faceplanted into the middle of the city. Better touch it when I can't even reach the rest of the team to communicate any useful information.

Typical Barry, acting before thinking about the consequences

Also "Aw c'mon, Aliens!"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I love when Barry shows up in Arrow's business and trivializes his problems.

Also Diggle puking his brains out and bitching about Barry making his life so drat weird. Aaahahahaha.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:laffo::laffo::laffo: Diggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Diggle is sooooooooooooooooooooo done with this poo poo already...

• Locked thread