Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Counterargument: No Wedding Peach and no Kaminama Karin, and no preteen girls in six-inch skirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What was wrong with Wedding Peach? I didn't get far into it but it seemed inoffensive enough.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Honey also has a giant robot of herself

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Counterargument: No Wedding Peach and no Kaminama Karin, and no preteen girls in six-inch skirts.

Of all the things you can lay at Cutie Honey, preteen girl bullshit is not one of them.

That came exclusively from what she spawned.

She's basically Japan's Wonder Woman for better or worse

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Burkion posted:

Of all the things you can lay at Cutie Honey, preteen girl bullshit is not one of them.

She's basically Japan's Wonder Woman for better or worse

Complete with references to BDSM?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Burkion posted:

That's what I mean. Sandwich shops are great, but if they didn't exist, we'd never have fought World War I, which would mean no World War II.

Basically what I'm saying is that Cutie Honey created Hitler.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Star Man posted:

Complete with references to BDSM?

...yes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was going to get to that

Yeah.

Cutie Honey was made by Go Nagai as mentioned, and he is a man who is unashamed of his tastes. Frankly it's remarkable that Cutie Honey is as legitimately good as it is. Though ole Honey has never had the best luck with adaptations. I think the best incarnation of her has been that one mini Gainax series from the same time as the live action movie...after the first episode. The first episode is awful

And to tie it back to Power Rangers, the toku tv series for Honey wasn't great either!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Burkion posted:

And to tie it back to Power Rangers, the toku tv series for Honey wasn't great either!

The actress playing Honey was kind of great though. Just so drat cheerful.

And yeah Re: kind of fuckin ruled

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Burkion posted:

I liked the Panther Claw caucasian dude who would scream "poo poo" and then murder an employee every time something slightly irritating happened :v:

That show was real great if you were an edgelord like I was at the time, too, because the other two girls who the bootleg cyborgs to Honey's pure android were incredibly tragic.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/ThePowerRangers/status/803380459593863168

Oh cool, Rita has a signature scent now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The whole "villain took over our twitter!" is the most embarrassing and stupid thing a paul marketing has ever dreamed of.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To finish off Honey talk, my favorite theme song of hers...lyrically

Honey has a theme song that is iconic, classic, and just really drat cool to listen to. It SOUNDS cool.

The actual lyrics are just about how sexy she is though and that's not great. But of all the theme songs she's had, this one is the most on point and least embarrassing to know what it actually means!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfPep18Dew

This is from Shin Cutie Honey made in the 1990s, which is honestly pretty good all considered. It's not as insane as Re: Cutie Honey, and it has a really drab style because 90S!!! but it features Honey at her most Super Hero-y. I don't know WHY this is in English sung by the Japanese singer, but hey whatever

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Light Gun Man posted:

The actress playing Honey was kind of great though. Just so drat cheerful.

Man, did I love that series! It was weird as gently caress and yet somehow hilarious. The episode where Honey teams up with a bunch of hobos to fight evil was just wonderful.

I'm not a fan of that first movie though, talk about a snooze fest. At least the theme song was great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxEcbQKy10Q

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/30/power-rangers-alpha-5-first-look-concept-art

Over/under on how many times Alpha 5 does the :eyepop: emote in the movie?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The gently caress is that

Is that a bipedal snail wearing a UFO as a hat

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My first thought was 'rejected X-Com enemy".

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I like everything but the eyes

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I am not a big fan of the techno-organic style, but yeah those eyes kill the design.

What is even the point of the head design if you're going to slap giant bug out eyes on it?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So far the only design I like are the power coins, but thats countered by the morphers looking like melted plastic.

This movie somehow makes the terrible aesthetic choices of the Transformers and Ninja Turtles movies seem kind of ok by comparison.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Burkion posted:

I am not a big fan of the techno-organic style, but yeah those eyes kill the design.

What is even the point of the head design if you're going to slap giant bug out eyes on it?

It looks like they're gonna use the light-up visor part as like a "mouth".

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The whole "villain took over our twitter!" is the most embarrassing and stupid thing a paul marketing has ever dreamed of.

I dunno, it was kinda funny when Shadow of Mordor did it.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Not sure if anyone else is reading the current MMPR comics series but the reveal at the end of this months issue is pretty interesting. Overall this series has been a pretty good "grown up" take on the original MMPR.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can you [spoiler] it for those of us who are curious but not that curious?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The dark dragon is a zord and appears to be piloted by a guy who looks like a combination of the white ranger and green ranger with his own planet

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh. Neat.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Haim Saban takes a short break from destroying Power Rangers to try his hand at destroying the Democratic Party.

https://twitter.com/EricCortellessa/status/804839149639528448

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technically Sentai stuff goes in this thread too so it seems we've got our first picture of next years team Uchuu(Space) Sentai Kyuranger:

From what I've been hearing there'll be 9 rangers (possibly from the very start), they'll be named after constellations and it also gives us a female Green from the start. So assuming this picture is legit (and so far I've found no proof that it isn't), this seems like it could be interesting.

Ed: Yep, looks like it's the real deal. here's some more info about Kyuranger to go with it.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 3, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Larryb posted:

Technically Sentai stuff goes in this thread too so it seems we've got our first picture of next years team Uchuu(Space) Sentai Kyuranger:

From what I've been hearing there'll be 9 rangers (possibly from the very start), they'll be named after constellations and it also gives us a female Green from the start. So assuming this picture is legit (and so far I've found no proof that it isn't), this seems like it could be interesting.

Those suits look freaking good.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Hopefully next years mech isn't another mesh of weird esoteric poo poo, but that seems to be the tread lately.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sentai seems to really love orange recently.

Did orange plastic suddenly get a lot cheaper, or something? :confused:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

Hopefully next years mech isn't another mesh of weird esoteric poo poo, but that seems to be the tread lately.

Speaking of the mech, here's a picture of that too:

and some full body shots of the team (or the toy versions anyway), which also confirms that Green is female this time around:

The names, as mentioned in my first post, each correspond to a specific constellation so:

Shishi(Lion)Red = Leo
Sasori(Scorpion)Orange = Scorpius
Ookami(Wolf)Blue = Lupus
Tenbin(Balance)Gold = Libra
Oushi(Bull)Black = Taurus
Hebitsukai(Snake Charmer)Silver = Ophiuchus
ChameleonGreen = Chamaeleon
Washi(Eagle)Pink = Aquila
Kajiki(Swordfish)Yellow = Dorado

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 3, 2016

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Seconding the suits looking good!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Black's got some Magna Defender in him it seems

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I like it. In fact the only complaint i can think of is the fact that the team is a total sausage fest.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wow, an orange ranger. Neat.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Wow, an orange ranger. Neat.

There was another one three seasons ago

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah but this one stands a decent chance of getting turned into a Power Ranger, unlike Akira the construction ranger.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

We just got another one recently in Zyuohger as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Which will make for 4 Orange Rangers on the Sentai side of things counting Battle Cossack from Battle Fever J(5 if we count both Battle Cossacks separately)