Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

beast balls don't look very good for most monsters. also i just realized i can get my fast ball technician shiny breloom finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I really like how quick balls look personally.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How does Zygarde work by the way? I've got some cores, I've got over 10% cells, shouldn't I be able to make a dog Zygarde from that? I can't figure out how to use this cube.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

boy are my arms tired posted:

u know what doesn't lose to gyarados

swift swim poliwrath with rock slide

Pelipper to set up Rain?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

Wanna trade?

Let me know what you want in return for a beastly Togepi!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

greatn posted:

How does Zygarde work by the way? I've got some cores, I've got over 10% cells, shouldn't I be able to make a dog Zygarde from that? I can't figure out how to use this cube.

There's an assembly station on like Rt 16, keep playing through the story and you can't miss it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

greatn posted:

There's an Aether Base on Route 16 where you can synthesize your Zygarde. The cube is apparently used to teach moves to it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

Pelipper to set up Rain?

you could, i'm using toed because im a huge rear end in a top hat

having at least one form of weather control will be mildly important, ninetales everywhere

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

tyblazitar posted:

Wanna trade?

Got it. ready for trade whenever.

Note Block posted:

Would you like a Deino as well? Ditto and UB-635 Handy are good at egg laying.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

you could, i'm using toed because im a huge rear end in a top hat

having at least one form of weather control will be mildly important, ninetales everywhere

Yeah I've been using

Ninetails
Sandslash
Kommo-o
Koko
Fini
Oranguru

I like Kommo-O a lot but goddamn the Tapu presence is just brutal to his typing

Would you mind sharing your Toed team?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
why are goons intentionally compromising themselves with beast balls

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My team:

Datrix - Pokeball, whatever
Ribombee - Nest Ball, warm and fluffy
Lycanroc - Great Ball, sleek and respectable
Wishiwashi - Dive Ball for my fish-god
Salandit - Luxury Ball for Her Highness
Bewear - Premier Ball for that rare Beanie Baby aesthetic

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
But seriously, there needs to be a way to locate what Zygarde cells you're missing. Because I'm missing two and I have no idea where they could possibly be.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The only previous player who's ever shown up again is Red, right?

I think you're right about Gamefreak just wanting to stick with the idea of the protagonist being an avatar and nothing else though. But with the stories getting more involved and characters becoming more expressive and everything, it doesn't quite work out. But i'd say the protagonist is probably one of the least important characters to get right as long as Gamefreak wants to use them as silent avatars, since they're bound to be the least interesting character anyway.

From what I understand, the silent protagonist is kind of A Thing for the Japanese. They, as gamers, prefer silent protagonists they can impose their headcanon onto.

I personally think it's a crappy storytelling device but whaddyagonnado :shrug:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffles Inc. posted:

Yeah I've been using

Ninetails
Sandslash
Kommo-o
Koko
Fini
Oranguru

I like Kommo-O a lot but goddamn the Tapu presence is just brutal to his typing

Would you mind sharing your Toed team?

Tapu Koko
Xurkitree
Politoed
Poliwrath
Celesteela
Marowak-A

wrath still does work as a screen breaker and flincher, celesteela is a bit different from the leech seed/toxic crowd, i've been running automotize and special sweeping, marowak-a has lrod to protect my beautiful polibabies

probably the weakest link in this is either marowak-a or xurkitree tbh. z-hypnosis is powerful stuff but even with the speed boost he's not speedy enough at times

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

If you have any beastlies I don't have (so except Beldum, Minior, Bagon, Goomy, Mareanie, Geodude and Trapinch) I'll happily take one, if not anything is fine. Any gender preference for the Togepi?

Senerio posted:

Aight, I'm logging on now. FC?

If anyone else wants Beast Ball Togepi, I cooked up a batch. Quote me and post your FC and in game name. Bad IVs and random natures (missed the 50/50 synchronize), but they all have Serene Grace and Future Sight.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pyroi posted:

But seriously, there needs to be a way to locate what Zygarde cells you're missing. Because I'm missing two and I have no idea where they could possibly be.
As a man who was missing two and is now only missing one, there's one in the Aether House on route 15 in the right bedroom - I didn't even know those two rooms existed as actual doors you could enter, so I'm pointing that one out specifically.

...also just pick up a Zygarde from the GTS and melt it down for cells and call it a day, honestly.

corn on the cop posted:

I like the way they look :shobon:

(Thematically for Metagross and color-coordination with Toxapex)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pretty sure we've already traded (I'm Pandora). In a few hours I'll have a Beast Ball Carvahna too.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Pyroi posted:

If you just want a Zygarde Complete you can trade for a doggo form on GTS and mulch it for parts. The green skulltulas don't despawn so you can still go grab them later.

Edit: You can't actually split him apart once you put together the 100% form, so save prior to assembly if you want a specific nature.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

corn on the cop posted:

you end up with a bunch of them and they look cool so i guess why not catch something else with one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

you end up with a bunch of them and they look cool so i guess why not catch something else with one

why are you responding to yourself

e: :wth:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thanks for the trade. Note Block, let me know if you want a Deino in a Beast Ball.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

why are you responding to yourself

e: :wth:
lol if you can't tell corn in the bible apart from corn on the cop

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
beast ball necrozma here i come

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lol if you can't tell corn in the bible apart from corn on the cop

i have names past the first word off

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

oddium posted:

i have names past the first word off

i fell victim to a gbs namechange thread

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

Would you like a Deino as well? Ditto and UB-635 Handy are good at egg laying.

Heck yes I would! Not sure what to give you in return, let me check my bank.

tyblazitar posted:

If you have any beastlies I don't have (so except Beldum, Minior, Bagon, Goomy, Mareanie, Geodude and Trapinch) I'll happily take one, if not anything is fine. Any gender preference for the Togepi?

I prefer female Togepi, although oddly enough, I consider Misty's Togepi to be a boy.

I can do Beastly Wimpod with Aqua Jet, but I have to breed it first.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 29, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I forget the other thing you had in a beast ball that wasn't Goomy, but I'll trade for that.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
How are people with Old 3DS doing with this game? I want to get it but I'm hearing about game-breaking glitches and poo poo on the old 3DS, but mine ran Monster Hunter 4U fine which also reportedly had problems.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

corn on the cop posted:

lmao if you dont just cheat in dream balls to catch everything in

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Slackerish posted:

How are people with Old 3DS doing with this game? I want to get it but I'm hearing about game-breaking glitches and poo poo on the old 3DS, but mine ran Monster Hunter 4U fine which also reportedly had problems.

It's fine.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

paging countblanc:

what are your thoughts on dealing with oranguru turn one

most people are running mental herb so taunt's out (turn one trick room turn two he outspeeds most things because hes fat as gently caress and slow), most of the normal knock offers are weak to psychic or fairy (because oranguru gets paired with lele often), he's bulky as sin:

252+ Atk Life Orb Golisopod First Impression vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Oranguru: 174-211 (88.3 - 107.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

my thoughts were to put golisopod and A Fast Dude up, try to First Imp and if he protects, turn two use a z move from the speedier partner, or, z-hypnosis and try to stop it that way

So preface: I don't really play much doubles

I think status is your best option short of outright killing it. I'm not home so I can't run calcs, but tyranitar shouldn't die to one moonblast and might be able to ohko the ape with a Dark Z-move maybe. Scarf breloom is always decent in doubles and has fast spore access. If you want to get cute you can run Trick Room SpecD Chandelure and either just ride their TR or use your own first turn to negate theirs, giving you another turn to KO oranguru

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

I prefer female Togepi, although oddly enough, I consider Misty's Togepi to be a boy.

I'm online so whenever you're ready with whatever. The Wimpod would work.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Slackerish posted:

Double battles are a bit laggy at times, but no glitches of any sort.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

I'm online so whenever you're ready with whatever. The Wimpod would work.

Ok! Let me whip up some Wimpods for you and tyblazitar.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Slackerish posted:

My brother is playing on an older black boxy 3DS and hasn't had any game breaking issues. At worst you'll have framerate problems, but so does "The New 3DS XL!!!"

I haven't tried it on the original silver one, it probably sucks on that.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

Aight, I'll save the one female I got for you then. Wimpod sounds great! I'll be online a while, so just trade request me when you're ready.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Scarf breloom is always decent in doubles and has fast spore access.

i'd rather have sash really

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

Ok! Let me whip up some Wimpods for you and tyblazitar.

I'd rather get eggs than Pokemon, if you were planning to hatch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Countblanc posted:

So preface: I don't really play much doubles

I think status is your best option short of outright killing it. I'm not home so I can't run calcs, but tyranitar shouldn't die to one moonblast and might be able to ohko the ape with a Dark Z-move maybe. Scarf breloom is always decent in doubles and has fast spore access. If you want to get cute you can run Trick Room SpecD Chandelure and either just ride their TR or use your own first turn to negate theirs, giving you another turn to KO oranguru

status seems to be the way to go, but tyranitar, chandelure, and breloom are all illegal in vgc, which i forgot to mention in my op