Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Is there an IRC or Discord or something? I'm looking for a HA Impish Grimer but won't be on until tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Countblanc posted:

So preface: I don't really play much doubles

i already reprimanded him for posting in this thread looking for VGC advice because nobody ITC actually participates in the CP hamsterwheel, and sadly all 3 of the pokemon you posted about are not VGC legal :(

Chandelure would be amazingly strong for a lot of reasons this cycle

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Slackerish posted:

How are people with Old 3DS doing with this game? I want to get it but I'm hearing about game-breaking glitches and poo poo on the old 3DS, but mine ran Monster Hunter 4U fine which also reportedly had problems.

I've had my 3DS since release (only got a bigger SD) and it works totally fine. A little slowdown in battle royales and double battles but those are minimal events.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

now it's focus sash spore parasect's time to shine

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Senerio posted:

I'd rather get eggs than Pokemon, if you were planning to hatch it.

Oh sure! Egg for you. tyblazitar do you care about egg or hatched?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Slackerish posted:

How are people with Old 3DS doing with this game? I want to get it but I'm hearing about game-breaking glitches and poo poo on the old 3DS, but mine ran Monster Hunter 4U fine which also reportedly had problems.

I haven't noticed any difference from XY. Anything with lots of models on screen at once are still laggy as hell. Battle Royal is downright unplayable but I don't think it's any better on N3DS.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

now it's focus sash spore parasect's time to shine

hell yeah stab leech lifes

Emalde posted:

i already reprimanded him for posting in this thread looking for VGC advice because nobody ITC actually participates in the CP hamsterwheel, and sadly all 3 of the pokemon you posted about are not VGC legal :(

Chandelure would be amazingly strong for a lot of reasons this cycle

i thought cb played vgc, also lol

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

Oh sure! Egg for you. tyblazitar do you care about egg or hatched?

Either is fine!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just finished the fire trial, was pretty great. I admit I was laughing harder than I should have at the dances. Especially the random Hiker outta nowhere.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

Either is fine!

Two eggs it is then! Coming into the Festival Plaza (SodaSopa!!!) now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Well if not Chandelure there's probably another specially bulky TR setter who can take a psychic and threaten a KO. Gardevoir? Z-conversion shadow ball porygon?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

boy are my arms tired posted:

i thought cb played vgc, also lol

the only ones who play doubles are like. me and internet kraken. and i haven't had time to catch up on vgc 17 yet

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Just trading pokemon with someone else who wanted a Deino first, and touching a few of her pokemon for my dex, and once I've finished that I will be able to trade you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like Smogon Doubles a bit since it's 6v6 and has sleep clause, but I just don't care for the vgc format. Maybe this is ptsd over my JAA failure from a decade ago

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Thanks for Wimpod and Deino!

Now time to start breeding for that shiny beastly Minior. :suicide:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

oddium posted:

the only ones who play doubles are like. me and internet kraken. and i haven't had time to catch up on vgc 17 yet

oh huh, okay

also hope the baby is well

Countblanc posted:

Well if not Chandelure there's probably another specially bulky TR setter who can take a psychic and threaten a KO. Gardevoir? Z-conversion shadow ball porygon?

believe it or not, gard is also not legal

porygon tho, sadly oranguru is normal/psychic so shadow ball is not gonna work. i made that mistake a few times with shadow club marowak

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Supremezero, I didn't have your Alakazam learn Kinesis since it seemed it already had good moves.

tyblazitar posted:

Thank you as well! MY TOGEPI ARMY GROWS!

I think Minior is the one pokemon I absolutely need as a shiny. Can I bum a beast ball minior off you once you have a ton of them?

Note Block fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 29, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

I think Minior is the one pokemon I absolutely need as a shiny. Can I bum a beast ball minior off you once you have a ton of them?

Sure!

It's at least going to be nice breeding something that's not in the 10k steps needed to hatch group. :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

boy are my arms tired posted:

oh huh, okay

also hope the baby is well

believe it or not, gard is also not legal

porygon tho, sadly oranguru is normal/psychic so shadow ball is not gonna work. i made that mistake a few times with shadow club marowak

I actually meant to take out the Lele

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Note Block posted:

I'm ready to trade. Sent a request.

tyblazitar posted:

Can I get one of them too once I've bred a Carvahna?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The first VGC "season" is going until the middle of January--does that mean that the major competitions will be using the current VGC rules? By all of that I mean will Regionals/Nationals/Worlds be using only Alola Dex too?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That said Lele has like negative physical bulk, you could try running minimum speed Bulu (I assume it's slower than Lele) to negate the terrain and then koing it with wood hammer

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thank you Senerio, tyblazitar, and Supremezero! I am so elated to be able to trade with you all.

LOL THAT TRUBBISH NAMED "ur opinions" you should lead in with that pokemon each time you trade, Senerio.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 29, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thank you for the trade. I will now commence project: Breed Sharpedo

Yeah, ur opinions the trubbish is my crown jewel in this gen, though I still like Giles Pory who holds a Lagging Tail.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Waffles Inc. posted:

The first VGC "season" is going until the middle of January--does that mean that the major competitions will be using the current VGC rules? By all of that I mean will Regionals/Nationals/Worlds be using only Alola Dex too?

VGC rules will be VGC rules for the entire year, the "season" simply refers to this being the first round of regionals. For the entirety of 2017 until the end of the Worlds matchups will be Alolan Dex only.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Beast Carvahna Shop will be open for business shortly.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Senerio posted:

Can I get one of them too once I've bred a Carvahna?
Trust me, I'll have plenty to go around.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Emalde posted:

VGC rules will be VGC rules for the entire year, the "season" simply refers to this being the first round of regionals. For the entirety of 2017 until the end of the Worlds matchups will be Alolan Dex only.

This actually sounds kind of good? I'll miss a lot of things but it'll be a very, very different format at least.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

The Shortest Path posted:

This actually sounds kind of good? I'll miss a lot of things but it'll be a very, very different format at least.

its very good and a breath of fresh air from the dumb everyone must rock a primal thing

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Why does Smogon have such complicated ban clauses? I guess "complicated" is the wrong word, because I mean stuff like the Baton Pass clause, the OHKO ban, the evasion-raising and Moody bans, and the sleep clause.

Like, these things are in the game. Some of them just seem like "we hate variance", which is understandable but I'm not really sure why it's codified in the actual format itself, and stuff like speed passing, while certainly difficult to deal with... I don't know, why don't they just let the metagame revolve around these things, since there will always be pillars?

I don't know anything about competitive play but I figured asking here would get my head less bitten off than asking there :shobon:

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
GameFreak, my two best pokemon friends Mawile and Mimikyu need to meet each other. Please do the needful.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Deified Data posted:

My team:

Datrix - Pokeball, whatever
Ribombee - Nest Ball, warm and fluffy
Lycanroc - Great Ball, sleek and respectable
Wishiwashi - Dive Ball for my fish-god
Salandit - Luxury Ball for Her Highness
Bewear - Premier Ball for that rare Beanie Baby aesthetic

:3: :3: :3:

I do this, too. My crabrawler is in a Luxury Ball because he's the champ, my Gyrados is in a Heal Ball because I like the idea of this gigantic storm demon emerging from a cloud of pink glitter, Persian is in a Premier Ball because he, too, is a treasure.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I currently have extra of the following:

11 Eevee - HA ability Anticipation, 2 Timid, 9 Modest (w/ 1 female), Ultra Ball
5 Goomy - 1 Hydration, 4 Sap Sipper, Calm, Beast Ball (potentially some perfect IVs)
3 Cubone - Lightning Rod, Jolly, Beast Ball
2 Grimer - HA ability Power of Alchemy, poo poo natures, Shadow Sneak and Curse egg moves, Luxury Ball
2 Feebas - Swift Swim, Bold, Dragon Breath and Pulse egg moves, Dive Ball (can trade w/ Prism Scale for Milotic evo if you provide one back)
2 Ditto - 1 Timid and 1 Modest
1 Kadabra - Syncronize, Modest (will turn in to Alakazam on trade)

Please let me know if you'd like anything!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Rowlet is a pure and gentle creature

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

I literally started crying

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Why does Smogon have such complicated ban clauses? I guess "complicated" is the wrong word, because I mean stuff like the Baton Pass clause, the OHKO ban, the evasion-raising and Moody bans, and the sleep clause.

Like, these things are in the game. Some of them just seem like "we hate variance", which is understandable but I'm not really sure why it's codified in the actual format itself, and stuff like speed passing, while certainly difficult to deal with... I don't know, why don't they just let the metagame revolve around these things, since there will always be pillars?

I don't know anything about competitive play but I figured asking here would get my head less bitten off than asking there :shobon:
IMO - Half of the clauses are because the people who play in the smogon community are the same type of people who play "Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination" in smash
And if my experiences on Pokemon Showdown are accurate, they don't nickname their pokemon either, what nobs

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Blaziken386 posted:

IMO - Half of the clauses are because the people who play in the smogon community are the same type of people who play "Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination" in smash
And if my experiences on Pokemon Showdown are accurate, they don't nickname their pokemon either, what nobs

i dont nickname my pokemon and i don't play smogon clauses

rude

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Okay, if anyone wants some Beast Carvahnas, please let me know. Its Blue and Yellow Motif is matched by its Beast Ball. These eggs are sadly non-HA, but come with high potential for good IVs.

Here's a test egg I just hatched:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Note Block posted:

I currently have extra of the following:

11 Eevee - HA ability Anticipation, 2 Timid, 9 Modest (w/ 1 female), Ultra Ball
5 Goomy - 1 Hydration, 4 Sap Sipper, Calm, Beast Ball (potentially some perfect IVs)
2 Grimer - HA ability Power of Alchemy, poo poo natures, Shadow Sneak and Curse egg moves, Luxury Ball
2 Feebas - Swift Swim, Bold, Dragon Breath and Pulse egg moves, Dive Ball (can trade w/ Prism Scale for Milotic evo if you provide one back)
2 Ditto - 1 Timid and 1 Modest
1 Kadabra - Syncronize, Modest (will turn in to Alakazam on trade)

Can I get the Modest ditto?

FC: 2723-9256-0832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

I'll take that for the Minior if that's OK. They're ready to trade now by the way, going online.

EDIT:

Senerio posted:

Okay, if anyone wants some Beast Carvahnas, please let me know. Its Blue and Yellow Motif is matched by its Beast Ball. These eggs are sadly non-HA, but come with high potential for good IVs.

You too!