Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

RE: Ion Prime's new execution. Using the Laser Core on the enemy pilot is baller as hell, but the lead up to it is weird. The fake out punch and backwards crouching clothesline are confusing and awkward. Maybe it's just the angle the trailer is at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
WHERE ARE THE PATCH NOTES?!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Knifegrab posted:

WHERE ARE THE PATCH NOTES?!

I read this in Christian Bale's Batman voice

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There are two bombs but you only have time to get to one and disarm one in time. One bomb will kill the designer of the game who is going to nerf tone appropriately. The other bomb will destroy angel city and it will never be released.

Choose wisely.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Destroy Angel City? I mean really, why is the sex robot factory right next to the open fish market and the space Starbucks?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

discworld is all I read posted:

Destroy Angel City? I mean really, why is the sex robot factory right next to the open fish market and the space Starbucks?

Tough real estate market.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Walking through an empty multiplayer lobby with a megaphone "Has anybody seen the patch notes!?"

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Tick tock people.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
While we're getting a new map, can I just point out how none of the MP maps have ziplines? But there are several in the campaign, and I remember them from multiple maps from TF1.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

pakman posted:

Angel City looks fun.

What should i buy with the credits I've saved since everything is eventually unlockable? There's nothing that really has me jonesing for it except the expensive smart pistol boost because I hella enjoyed that escape level you get to use it in.

I'd recommend low profile, Thunderbolt (anti-titan), and maybe MGL (also anti-titan), although you get the MGL pretty quick. Also any late-stage titan you like, since they're pretty cheap. Low profile for sure, though; even if you don't run cloak it makes stealing batteries soooo much easier, and battery steals are awesome for filling up your boost/titan meter

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

To add to that satchels are Titan destroyers and very late stage unlocks so they are worth it. Phase shift is also the best tactical in the name and with the credits spent. Followed by volt.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I wanted to play through the campaign again and decided to bump it up a difficulty level, but holy gently caress it's just not fun. You die in a split loving second on master or whatever the highest one is. Is there there a trick to make it not feel like I have to play it like a cover shooter?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

In the campaign, your opponent's accuracy drops the faster you are moving.

So you either have to move around at max speed like a cracked out bunny or cover shoot.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
:downs:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Aquasnake posted:

While we're getting a new map, can I just point out how none of the MP maps have ziplines? But there are several in the campaign, and I remember them from multiple maps from TF1.

Yeah, it's incredibly annoying and baffling and I wish they'd patch them back in.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

I did not realize that's a thing

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

I think it's for the co-op Horde mode only, I think they understand what would happen if they opened up a competitive game mode with M&KB vs controllers.

I believe it also works for the co-op campaign but I'm not sure, but the game tells you who's on console and who's on PC and the guys in Horde mode on PC are always getting a lot more kills in Horde than console players. I'll usually end up with double the points just sniping because headshots are just too easy with a keyboard and mouse. I can't imagine the frustration controller users would face if they opened the floodgates for this in the competitive modes.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Scorch is my bro. Here are some gooses I got in a game last night.

https://gfycat.com/CapitalSlimyFlyingsquirrel

https://gfycat.com/ScratchyBothDowitcher

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Angel City looks cool as hell, as does that new phase shift execution. Ion and Scorch prime look kinda dumb but the new executions they get look cool.

Anyone know if they're releasing the prime titans tomorrow or later?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

a real chump posted:

And on Console as well, nicely done.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

That phase shift execution is Mortal Kombat as gently caress. I like it.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I'm going to disagree with pretty much everyone here and say cloak is the best tactical.

With taci-kill 2 kills will recharge the ability, and this can be done while cloak is active.

Cloak is the only tactical that passively impedes target acquisition, which makes it the best choice for fighting pilots.

With how fast paced the game is and how used to the red outline people are even though you can still be seen by pilots you will be surprised by how effective cloak is.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Cloak is really really good. It might be second best behind phase shift, but nothing will ever be better than phase shift. Though there can be time when using cloak is the smarter choice.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
The problem for me is no tactical is as good at hopping on titans than grapple, and I cannot suffer an enemy titan to live with a battery.

I like cloak, I like stim. But when a titan is running from me and I have no wall to boost off it makes me physically angry.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

Cloak is really really good. It might be second best behind phase shift, but nothing will ever be better than phase shift. Though there can be time when using cloak is the smarter choice.

I think it's really just a play style thing. I want to actively gently caress over my enemies, rather than react to them loving me over

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

a real chump posted:

Oh man these are good. Quality GIFs right here.

It's time to make the Vortex Shield actually grab enemy pilots.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Knifegrab posted:

Cloak is so good. In the recent CTF tourney, cloak is either outright banned or limited to 1 pilot. I'm actually a little surprised RSPN decided to buff it from TF1 , in basically every dimension, and throw in that you flicker and recloak after shooting. I thought it was fine being mostly intended against titans, but pretty easy to spot as a pilot.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
One of the best things to do with Scorchy is to chuck a gas trap through a window or door that you think might have someone inside, and set the whole thing on fire. I get a lot of surprise kills that way.

The northstar titan is really loving good against pilots, because it's really fast, and titan melee has some pretty good reach, and it seems like nobody expects the northstar to dash towards them and turn on its jump jets just to punch somebody off of a roof. Similar to above, launching a cluster missile into a popular window will often kill something.

The AT charge laser has a really satisfying Big Laser Noise, but it's kinda mediocre. The secondary grenade launcher seems to hit a lot harder. The Thunderbolt gets dramatically better with its quick reload and quick ADS perks, since you can't shoot it from the hip.

The weapon perk that lets you aim down sights faster is actually super useful on most guns, except SMG's that don't need it.

Stan Taylor posted:

I wanted to play through the campaign again and decided to bump it up a difficulty level, but holy gently caress it's just not fun. You die in a split loving second on master or whatever the highest one is. Is there there a trick to make it not feel like I have to play it like a cover shooter?

Bad guys are really good at shooting you after you stay still for a second and they all have a chance to aim. You gotta run around on walls and jump and stuff. I had a lot of fun on master, and there were only two segments that felt like cheap bullshit, one of them was a boss.

Use your cloaking thing a lot, too. And don't un-cloak until you've moved somewhere new. Repositioning really throws the AI off its game, probably by design.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'll notice a cloak because 95% of the time it's someone sprinting or jumping past me.

The other 5% is some sniper hiding out on a rooftop and going for the first kill of the game.

If you're in a titan then just run.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Heres the full verson of the gif where I burn a bunch of people alive in a house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiwWB9aG1WE

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

It's time to make the Vortex Shield actually grab enemy pilots.

Isn't that just what it's doing, though? Not that I already knew that before this (game-changing) gif, but I'm certainly gonna try to make it happen in the future.

The best thing would be if you could catch em with the shield and then hit melee for a guaranteed pilot kill.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I think the pilot just so happened to be grappling onto me and looked like he was being sucked into my vortex shield, hoving right next to the bullets that were going to be thrown into his face.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014
Patch notes are out.

quote:

New Features

Added FOV slider to console, increased FOV maximum to 110 on all platforms.
Added Film Grain slider.
You can now toggle between having a 2D or 3D style damage indicator in the HUD options.
Added a new in-game store to purchase Prime Titans, Titan Art Packs, Callsign Pack, and Camo Pack. Please note, all purchasable items are cosmetic only and do not effect game balance.
New setting to adjust aiming/ADS sensitivity separate from hipfire sensitivity.
A new set of advanced & optional gamepad settings for fine adjustment of turn speeds, deadzones, response curves, and more.
Added Support for EA Access, Origin Access, and free Multiplayer Trials.
FAQ added to Multiplayer lobby. Your one-stop shop to learn the basics of Titanfall 2 multiplayer - includes in-game patch notes!
Modified matchmaking status display to fit longer text needed for some languages.
PC Only - Removed "Insane" texture quality and replaced with "Max". No reduction in visual quality for those with enough VRAM, but will reduce hitches when streaming in textures.
Display Callsigns for the top 3 players per match during post match scoreboard.
Increased likelihood of finding Nessie easter egg in [redacted] mission that no one has found yet. Or did we?
Multiplayer Stats menu added to view player stats history. Please note that stats have been tracked since day 1.

Balance Changes
Killing Auto Titans will now count towards killing sprees and contribute to towards Camo unlocks.
Fixed Bounty Titan scoring in Bounty Hunt.
Grapple will now detach after melee hit even if person melee'ed lives.
Adjustments to Northstar's Flight Core.
Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%.
Adjusted Viper Thrusters so that in addition to moving faster during Flight Core and Northstar now moves faster during Hover as well.
Adjusted Scorch’s Tempered Plating damage reduction, and fixed issue with protecting against Fire Wall.
Adjusted weighting on map rotations.
Adjusted visibility of Cloak.
Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.
Additional balancing to Tone.
Titan kills properly award weapon assist stats to assisting players.
Tweaked parameters to reduce immediate reuse of spawn zones, but allow reusing them later in the match.
Connected a couple of spawn zone pairs in Crashsite.
Reduced chances of getting spawn camped.
Spawn zones are more fair in Bounty Hunt (equalizes distance to AI camps).
Bounty Hunt changes:
When an AI kills a player, that AI now receives half of that player's bonus.
Center bonus popup now shows bonus gained rather than total bonus
Rebalanced point distribution among waves so that second wave has a larger impact on the game overall.
Boss titans are now worth 500 points (was 600).
Reapers are now worth 100 points (was 50).
Stalkers are now worth 30 points (was 25).
Score bar now shows team's total unbanked bonus as a yellow portion of the score bar.
Modes that do not have Titans (such as Pilots vs Pilots, and Coliseum) no longer display the team titan status bar below their score bars.

WEAPONS
Flatline - increased far and very far pilot damage
Volt - reduced pilot damage
R97 - increased pilot damage
Spitfire - increased pilot damage
L-Star - increased pilot damage
Double Take - increased damage
EPG - slight increase in splash damage; increased titan damage
Thunderbolt - increased pilot and titan direct hit damage

Bug Fixes
Disabled the ability to earn Double XP during Private Matches.
PC Only - Fixed issue with Win10 users who were stuck with "Connecting to Respawn Servers…"
Fixed issue where assists were being counted as kills for weapons. Weapons will now also properly receive assist stats when assisting in killing Titans.
Fixed issue with bad spawns for Last Titan Standing on Exoplanet.
Fixed bug where game completion achievements were not being rewarded when playing the missions out of order.
Fixed bug where folks were crashing after grappling evac ship just before it's destroyed. Swing away!
Fixed issue on Blood and Rust where players were getting stuck in a death loop.
Fixed bug where players would appear to be stuck in ground during executions.
Fixed issues with collision for hardpoints and banks as well as mantling when jumping on staircases.
Fixed issue of not being able to tap and shoot Softball with Autosprint.
Fixed issue of Kraber shooting through bubble shields.
Fixed incorrect Pilot character sometimes showing in lobby on first game launch.
Fixed HUD ammo counter occasionally showing an incorrect amount when using the Devotion.
Fixed grapple not detaching if it was unsuccessfully trying to pull you downwards.
Fixed skin and camo arms not matching player camo when rodeoing
Various localization issues fixed.
Fixed Genned Factions not receiving Advocate Gifts - retroactively send any missed Advocate Gifts to affected users.
Fixed “New” indicator incorrectly staying on for the Banner and Patch menus.
PC Only - Various D3D bug and crash fixes
Fix melee hit detection to be more reliable.
Fixed issue with Titans not displaying loadout information properly.
Fixed bug where players could suicide with a cooked grenade and kill opponent without taking damage in Coliseum.
Fixed the grappling hook floating in the air if the grappled player dies. This also fixes some weird forward lunging after grapple melee.
Fixed grapple failing to detach from some objects the cord touched while you were grappling.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Hah, seems they thought cloak was broken too.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Holy poo poo that's like a list of everything I wanted.

Plus FOV slider for consoles?!?!?!?!? drat!

Edit: And they also let you invite your friends in to Angel City for early access. Who are these guys?

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 29, 2016

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Welp. I guess Cloak is dead. Going to see so many shields on console.

Edit: I do hate the callsigns, though. Scoreboards encouraged enough crazy last hitting as is.

Aquasnake posted:

I can't wait until fps games reliably have PC/Console cross play, and everyone suddenly become outright platform discriminators. As opposed to now when it's all just snide comments on internet forums.

I don't see that happening any time soon. Control scheme segregation (ignoring being able to purchase hardware in order to cheat) is way too easy to do. It would be trivial to enable kb/m on consoles but that has an equal chance of never happening.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 29, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Shields are big huge orange indicators that tell you there's a location being camped, and severely impact the user's mobility, and Titans laugh as they walk up to them and murder the person behind them.

That's preferable to Cloak, IMO.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Added FOV slider to console, increased FOV maximum to 110 on all platforms.
Added Film Grain slider. - gently caress yes finally!
You can now toggle between having a 2D or 3D style damage indicator in the HUD options. - This could be huge for survival
Added a new in-game store to purchase Prime Titans, Titan Art Packs, Callsign Pack, and Camo Pack. Please note, all purchasable items are cosmetic only and do not effect game balance.
A new set of advanced & optional gamepad settings for fine adjustment of turn speeds, deadzones, response curves, and more.
Added Support for EA Access, Origin Access, and free Multiplayer Trials.
FAQ added to Multiplayer lobby. Your one-stop shop to learn the basics of Titanfall 2 multiplayer - includes in-game patch notes!
Modified matchmaking status display to fit longer text needed for some languages.
PC Only - Removed "Insane" texture quality and replaced with "Max". No reduction in visual quality for those with enough VRAM, but will reduce hitches when streaming in textures.
Display Callsigns for the top 3 players per match during post match scoreboard.
Increased likelihood of finding Nessie easter egg in [redacted] mission that no one has found yet. Or did we?
Multiplayer Stats menu added to view player stats history. Please note that stats have been tracked since day 1.

Balance Changes
Killing Auto Titans will now count towards killing sprees and contribute to towards Camo unlocks.
Fixed Bounty Titan scoring in Bounty Hunt.
Grapple will now detach after melee hit even if person melee'ed lives.
Adjustments to Northstar's Flight Core. - Finally my baby is back!
Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%. - More laser cores baby!
Adjusted Viper Thrusters so that in addition to moving faster during Flight Core and Northstar now moves faster during Hover as well. - MY SWEET CHILD
Adjusted Scorch’s Tempered Plating damage reduction, and fixed issue with protecting against Fire Wall.
Adjusted weighting on map rotations.
Adjusted visibility of Cloak.
Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.
- Welp I guess this is appropriate, hope you're still super invisible to titans
Additional balancing to Tone. - Please gods be just and let this be a true change
Titan kills properly award weapon assist stats to assisting players.
Tweaked parameters to reduce immediate reuse of spawn zones, but allow reusing them later in the match.
Connected a couple of spawn zone pairs in Crashsite.
Reduced chances of getting spawn camped.
Spawn zones are more fair in Bounty Hunt (equalizes distance to AI camps).
Bounty Hunt changes:
When an AI kills a player, that AI now receives half of that player's bonus. - It was a pretty high level strat to deny yourself and vaporize a big bonus. This is a huge change actually.
Center bonus popup now shows bonus gained rather than total bonus
Rebalanced point distribution among waves so that second wave has a larger impact on the game overall.
Boss titans are now worth 500 points (was 600).
Reapers are now worth 100 points (was 50).
Stalkers are now worth 30 points (was 25).
Score bar now shows team's total unbanked bonus as a yellow portion of the score bar.
Modes that do not have Titans (such as Pilots vs Pilots, and Coliseum) no longer display the team titan status bar below their score bars.

WEAPONS
Flatline - increased far and very far pilot damage - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YESSSSSS HOLY gently caress THIS IS A BAD IDEA YESSSSS
Volt - reduced pilot damage - Fair. A bummer but fair.
R97 - increased pilot damage - Finally my fart gun will be good again
Spitfire - increased pilot damage - Boo the spitfire sucks! They should have increased titan damage those fools.
L-Star - increased pilot damage - Probably good? I still hate this gun.
Double Take - increased damage - God damnit don't encourage the snipers.
EPG - slight increase in splash damage; increased titan damage - HAHAH YES WU TANG SPECIAL
Thunderbolt - increased pilot and titan direct hit damage - HAHAHAH THESE CHANGES OWN BONES

Bug Fixes
Disabled the ability to earn Double XP during Private Matches.
PC Only - Fixed issue with Win10 users who were stuck with "Connecting to Respawn Servers…"
Fixed issue where assists were being counted as kills for weapons. Weapons will now also properly receive assist stats when assisting in killing Titans.
Fixed issue with bad spawns for Last Titan Standing on Exoplanet.
Fixed bug where game completion achievements were not being rewarded when playing the missions out of order.
Fixed bug where folks were crashing after grappling evac ship just before it's destroyed. Swing away!
Fixed issue on Blood and Rust where players were getting stuck in a death loop.
Fixed bug where players would appear to be stuck in ground during executions.
Fixed issues with collision for hardpoints and banks as well as mantling when jumping on staircases.
Fixed issue of not being able to tap and shoot Softball with Autosprint.
Fixed issue of Kraber shooting through bubble shields.
Fixed incorrect Pilot character sometimes showing in lobby on first game launch.
Fixed HUD ammo counter occasionally showing an incorrect amount when using the Devotion.
Fixed grapple not detaching if it was unsuccessfully trying to pull you downwards.
Fixed skin and camo arms not matching player camo when rodeoing
Various localization issues fixed.
Fixed Genned Factions not receiving Advocate Gifts - retroactively send any missed Advocate Gifts to affected users.
Fixed “New” indicator incorrectly staying on for the Banner and Patch menus.
PC Only - Various D3D bug and crash fixes
Fix melee hit detection to be more reliable. - Finally if true.
Fixed issue with Titans not displaying loadout information properly.
Fixed bug where players could suicide with a cooked grenade and kill opponent without taking damage in Coliseum.
Fixed the grappling hook floating in the air if the grappled player dies. This also fixes some weird forward lunging after grapple melee.
Fixed grapple failing to detach from some objects the cord touched while you were grappling.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

You forgot to bold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Knifegrab posted:

Added Film Grain slider. - gently caress yes finally!

gently caress yea, can I add even more?