Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hav posted:

Don't know people? Washing their feet is a great way to break the ice.

Hey, Pope Francis! Didn't know you had an account here.

I have "the arthuritis" as my neighbor calls it, so I get catalogs for all kinds of stuff designed to help us crips do basic everyday stuff. Those weird foot-scrubbing tribbles appear in a bunch of these catalogs. I have never been tempted to order one, because my back still works properly (so far).

Oh, gently caress, worst snype ever.

AlbieQuirky fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol, just lol if your desk isn't a $2000 aircraft wing

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

Chris bought that with his untold millions of wing commander spy kids fame you dolt

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Everyone thought Brexit would do damage to the value of the pound. What they didn't realise was that it was the new bank notes that would do the currency in. Now that it has been revealed to contain tallow, there is a substantial risk that Ben will just eat all the pounds.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Reminder:

If people agree with you, they are valiantly defending their ideals.

If people disagree with you, they are complete morons that struggle with basic math.

Are you trying to post into relevancy again? Please do tell everyone here that they shouldn't read my posts anymore. I missed that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

LMAO I guess all that expensive furniture just appeared out of thin air, huh LazrinLethality?
It was people who bought overpriced RH furniture to the office from home!

Everyone does it!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I just got my shill check from EA for talking poo poo about SC on twitter. I bought Watch_Dogs 2 with the money because I thought that was funny in an ironic sort of way.

It's a real game that works. Also you can 3D print guns in your base.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Everyone 48% thought Brexit would do damage to the value of the pound. What they didn't realise was that it was the new bank notes that would do the currency in. Now that it has been revealed to contain tallow, there is a substantial risk that Ben will just eat all the pounds.

It's truly something to behold. Shiny plastic with see-thru bits and holograms. The beef flavor is just added later.

Pros - Better for cocaine passage
Cons - Does not go through a dryer anymore.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Are you trying to post into relevancy again? Please do tell everyone here that they shouldn't read my posts anymore. I missed that.

Everyone should read this man's posts imo, he knows what's up

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

ManofManyAliases posted:

I wouldn't want to join anyway. If I did, he'd recognize my voice in an instant.

its the throat restricted smugness

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Just in from alleged Evocati sources:

quote:

Mmm... tonight I do not think I am going to sleep too much... pew pew pew. I can´t say much more :D

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Shill Shilverstein had a pretty apt analogy there even if he doesn't know it. When Chris comes in, ctrl+a, shift+deletes everything you just finished and says "It should be like Flappy Bird" or whatever FotM thing has distracted him today, you might as well be banging two blocks of wood together. You make the same number of video games that way.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MedicineHut posted:

Just in from alleged Evocati sources:

There's actually a whole spectrum of good news for tonight.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol moma

by blocker do you mean
  • CIG scrambling to increase server capacity while keeping costs low
  • CIG still unable to spin up instances without poo poo crashing
  • massive calculations being sent out for a simple arena shooter (cig enjoys stressing out those aws servers I guess)
  • features that were hard coded for star marine had to be disabled and then rewritten and then disabled again lol
seems like all simple enough stuff to get done in the next two weeks

I hope the evocati enjoy sitting at loading screens and crashed desktops as this is rushed out the door to make CIG more spaceship money

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

pew pew pew

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Got really disappointed that you had to edit the OP and move to concern this poor sod´s thread personally... https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/359499/used-funding-vs-remaining-founding You must be busy these days.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

lol moma

by blocker do you mean
  • massive calculations being sent out for a simple arena shooter (cig enjoys stressing out those aws servers I guess)
  • features that were hard coded for star marine had to be disabled and then rewritten and then disabled again lol

I hope the evocati enjoy sitting at loading screens and crashed desktops as this is rushed out the door to make CIG more spaceship money

:allears:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

roberts, release the 2.6

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Drunk Theory posted:

Was that an update to that laughable timeline they shat out for their holiday stream? Does it still have schedule blocks such as "Code"? And I assume they are set for another year with a ton of money.

Yeah, probably around 2-3 months extra.

Sorry, don't have the link handy. Had the original notes in the left pane and the revisions highlighted in the right. I'm expecting the next one to have "the dog rebooted my workstation and I lost 3 days of mocap" excuse next.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

lol moma

by blocker do you mean

I'm tied in what I can say about the "blocker." But, I can say that you are quite wrong in your assessment. Crashes were not because of the "content" or "instances." It was actually more simple than that, which is why avocados are getting it today.2.6 will hit PTU for regular testers this year .. live in January.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

lol moma

by blocker do you mean

Can't make money without wasting money :shrug:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Can't make money without wasting money :shrug:

That's right. In it to win it.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm tied in what I can say about the "blocker." But, I can say that you are quite wrong in your assessment. Crashes were not because of the "content" or "instances." It was actually more simple than that, which is why avocados are getting it today.2.6 will hit PTU for regular testers this year .. live in January.

Hey MoMA did you ever post your Citizen Con demo impressions? I've been away.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

I still can't believe no one at the table said hey maybe that isn't such a great idea for the name, or maybe they did and chris freaked out and started screaming

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

To be honest Toast, that is the least I would expect. Either a "no matter what, barebones" bugged PTU Star Marine, or some kind of SQ42 progress demo/video. 3.0 is already a write off for 2016, so Crobbers marching orders must have been at least to secure one of the other two. Failure to do so would have meant perhaps too much ridicule. Fair´s fair, I´ll give you guys that.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

how come I don't have my evocati invite yet

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
or are they rolling it out to the "elite" testbed evocati first and then the rest of us afterwards

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's right. In it to win it.

Bottom line is they're a company,

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I don't even have the standard "hey we're gearing up for a new build" message we usually get when this stuff is about to hit

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm tied in what I can say about the "blocker." But, I can say that you are quite wrong in your assessment. Crashes were not because of the "content" or "instances." It was actually more simple than that, which is why avocados are getting it today.2.6 will hit PTU for SUBSCRIBERS this year .. live in January.
ftfy

Gotta boost those subscriptions. No refunds given for those dollars spent.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

HycoCam posted:

ftfy

Gotta boost those subscriptions. No refunds given for those dollars spent.

Both. Subs and Non-sub PTU testers.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Both. Subs and Non-sub PTU testers.
still not seeing anything new out there :(

maybe by end of day I'll be pew pewin

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol so no 2.6 this year (well except for subscribers who get PTU access) even by your gungho sources ?

God remember how optimistic you were round gamescom time for 2.6, 2.7, and Sq42? And this is where you are now.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLightPurges posted:

lol so no 2.6 this year (well except for subscribers who get PTU access) even by your gungho sources ?

God remember how optimistic you were round gamescom time for 2.6, 2.7, and Sq42? And this is where you are now.

I mean, technically speaking 2.6 will be released.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

TheAgent posted:

I don't even have the standard "hey we're gearing up for a new build" message we usually get when this stuff is about to hit

You an evocati?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sad!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

still not seeing anything new out there :(

maybe by end of day I'll be pew pewin

What can I say. It is, in fact, live for evocati and has already been mentioned by another goonie.

• Locked thread