Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Hahahahaha is that really why Cid Raines comes back in FF13?

Yes. It's also why you fight Vanille's Eidolon with only two party members - the encounter cutscene was designed with only Vanille and Fang and they forced the gameplay to match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And what is an Etro anyway!

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Ya'll running into shipping issues reminds me of Amazon attempting to send me Fire Emblem back in spring, where I had completely different tracking information depending on whether I was on USPS's website or on Amazon.com. I ended up getting it a week late, and eventually the shipping information literally looked like:

Left Seller Facility; New Jersey
Arrived at Transfer Facility; Woodhaven, MI
Departed Transfer Facility; Trenton, MI
Arrived at Transfer Facility; Lincoln Park, MI
Departed Transfer Facility; Southgate, MI
Arrived at Transfer Facility; Taylor, MI
Out for Delivery
Departed Transfer Facility; Woodhaven, MI
Out for Delivery

Apparently my order was not only teleporting between facilities, but also was out for delivery multiple times from multiple locations. I think I have the screenshots at home, but holy hell Amazon was useless about it too. I was given excuses, eventually given a $10 credit, then told that they would do nothing more for me and they didn't care.

So I wish you guys luck on getting it. :(

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
On the bright side if it comes tomorrow I can let it update and so on before I head to work.

After that one time my copy of Bayonetta got lost in mail and took over a month to arrive I can endure anything.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

My amazon gently caress you got mine story is that I got FFXV "you're bad with money" edition yesterday and didn't play it because work.

Thanks for reading.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have never had an SE game I've purchased from the website not show up at my house before release, so the solution to me seems to be buy overpriced special editions of games.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Always buy the overpriced CEs, It's how I got Disgaea 4 nearly a week before street date.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I did buy the Idiot King edition and it's still not here, :rip:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man the bonus AP gain from the travel skill is not worth it at all. Travel the entire north south distance in a car? 2 ap.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So having read several reviews the consensus seems to be an awesome open-world first half and a terrible linear second half that takes away all of your party members? Is that right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't heard anything about the second half being terrible.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Terrible is probably (hopefully) an exaggeration. Linear with hit-or-miss gameplay and tonal shifts was a criticism I saw in every review I've read however. Linear doesn't mean bad of course but it does seem like only the first half of the game is open world.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It seems the game fumbles in its latter half in a lot of places, but whether that makes or breaks the game for you seems to be the big thing. I only just started so I can't say for sure how it's gonna turn out of course, but I'm enjoying myself.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The indication I'm getting from friends is that it's much like Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisitor all over again: a huge sprawling map filled with quests, hunts and other side stuff that means you can rack up a dozen hours or more without touching the main story. The story itself, you can allegedly get through in 25 hours or less, but that seems to be borderline speedrunning. And the post-game content is supposed to be expansive as gently caress. No one I know has had a bad word to say about it so far though, which is an excellent sign. Back when XIII was released, I don't think I could find anyone I knew who could say more than 'but it's very pretty'.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you wanna gently caress around on the JRPG countryside with some good boys then there is no other game on the market that can satisfy your needs

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mega64 posted:

Final Fantasy 13 Versus is finally released in the year 2016, but at what cost!?

$60 or more if you got the gently caress You Edition

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Deified Data posted:

So having read several reviews the consensus seems to be an awesome open-world first half and a terrible linear second half that takes away all of your party members? Is that right?

From the reviews the second is linear but the section where you lose your bros is just under two hours of that only

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Augus posted:

$60 or more if you got the gently caress You Edition

Less if you played Amazon Prime Roulette

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Deified Data posted:

Terrible is probably (hopefully) an exaggeration. Linear with hit-or-miss gameplay and tonal shifts was a criticism I saw in every review I've read however. Linear doesn't mean bad of course but it does seem like only the first half of the game is open world.

From what I understand the first half of the main quest takes place in the open world but even when you are doing the second half of that story and go to the more linear areas, you can still go back to the main open world at any time to gently caress around and do sidequests?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Earwicker posted:

From what I understand the first half of the main quest takes place in the open world but even when you are doing the second half of that story and go to the more linear areas, you can still go back to the main open world at any time to gently caress around and do sidequests?

Yes. Pretty sure you can generally go back to the open world stuff whenever. This process involves a magical doggo, so it's pretty great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Elentor posted:

I would indeed like to know at what cost. How much did this game cost to make?

$4000

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Elentor posted:

I would indeed like to know at what cost. How much did this game cost to make?

Can you really put a price to years and years of wasted time though?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I can't wait to finally play the worst game in the series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Krad posted:

I can't wait to finally play the worst game in the series.
It's weird that you bought FF3DS in 2016.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's especially weird that you also bought all the other games????

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm just wondering how he got the remake of 12 that isn't out yet.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's weird that you bought FF3DS in 2016.

I had fun playing FF3DS

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

I had fun playing FF3DS

You can still have fun with the worst Final Fantasy, it's a pretty good franchise despite Square's best efforts in the mid-2000s.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Final Fantasy 1 is the worst game actually. Garland's motives don't even make any sense what the gently caress immersion ruined.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Final Fantasy 1 is the worst game actually. Garland's motives don't even make any sense what the gently caress immersion ruined.

It's actually the worst cause it's the most boring D&D campaign made.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

Sakurazuka posted:

SE have shipped a good number decent games this year (and a couple of bad ones too) so it seems like development is on track for smaller titles at least, I guess the real test is whether KH3 and FF7R come out in any sort of reasonable time frame.

I never thought about it, but if square decides "delays are fine" and delays FFVII till winter next year, or even further, that would really suck

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's especially weird that you also bought all the other games????

I wanted to see if there was a worse game than Type-0. Turns out there isn't!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Type 0 remains the only FF to make me literally throw up. Kudos.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I like FF0, though the stupid order system (specifically tying important rewards to it) and the need to play it twice to see the whole story make it hard to love. Without those it would be one of my favorite FFs. At the very least it has the best opening theme/video of the series.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Type 0 remains the only FF to make me literally throw up. Kudos.

They patched in a non throw up inducing camera but the game still blows chunks.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Thinking about it, the game opening with the party driving off in a fantastically pretty car that swiftly breaks down while everyone complains about how much this all sucks... it's a pretty perfect metaphor for the series over the last decade or so, isn't it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Thinking about it, the game opening with the party driving off in a fantastically pretty car that swiftly breaks down while everyone complains about how much this all sucks... it's a pretty perfect metaphor for the series over the last decade or so, isn't it.

Not really, no.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Med School posted:

I never thought about it, but if square decides "delays are fine" and delays FFVII till winter next year, or even further, that would really suck

They wouldn't pass up the opportunity to release it in 2017 on the whole '20th Anniversary' angle. It almost guarantees it won't release until Q4, but it's better than nothing.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Request: someone please post that comic where Cloud never gets rid of the dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I've never had a problem with release-day shipping from Amazon before but of course now is the time I do. :smith: