Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Rapist, pedophile, and Russian spy. This guy is a piece of work! I hope someone makes an example out of him. For those reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

I guess when you're a media whore like Assange, going silent is akin to death.

Oh that's right, he was cybering a 12 year old or some other creepy poo poo.

I like to remind anyone who fawns over Assange and WikiLeaks that he's hiding in a foreign embassy not because the New World Order is after his head for exposing their secrets, but because he has charges of sexual assault and rape in Sweden and is afraid of deportation to face trial.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Yeah he's locked himself in an embassy for over 4 years because he is deathly afraid of spending a few months in a horrible Swedish prison.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

I like to remind anyone who fawns over Assange and WikiLeaks that he's hiding in a foreign embassy not because the New World Order is after his head for exposing their secrets, but because he has charges of sexual assault and rape in Sweden and is afraid of deportation to face trial.

Cool conspiracy theory

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well it's more that he's afraid of the possibility spending a few years in a Swedish prison unless he can wait out the statute of limitations on the last charge that he hasn't waited out already, and the certainty of a few months in a British prison for violating his bail conditions when he did the runner in the first place.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dog Jones posted:

Cool conspiracy theory

The charges are public knowledge. That's a conspiracy?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Dog Jones posted:

Cool conspiracy theory

The authorities in Sweden have publicly charged him, they are not trying to keep this fact a secret.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Shortly after Assange lost his internet connection, a lot of the conspiracy theory and fake news sites started running stories about there being a big shootout and raid by American forces in an effort to kill him, with real time updates about what was happening and how people were having their phones taken away by mysterious forces. This was of particular interest to me, as I was actually on the street with the embassy at the time when all of this was supposed to be going down reading peoples updates on facebook about it and hard as it might be to believe it absolutely gently caress all was happening.

I mean there were a higher than normal number of squirrels on the street. It is entirely possible that they were highly trained US marine assassin squirrels.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
its pretty well documented how assange is kind of nuts and he's basically camping out in the ecuadorian embassy as part of political theater to prove how important he is (he is not) and to avoid his worst nightmare - that he leaves the embassy and there's nobody there to arrest him because nobody cares and he basically put himself in time out for many years for no good reason

"but if he's not a wanted man why is he hiding in an embassy?!?" is exactly why he's hiding in an embassy, to prove to his followers that he is a wanted man and therefore worth listening to and giving money to

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skinty McEdger posted:

Shortly after Assange lost his internet connection, a lot of the conspiracy theory and fake news sites started running stories about there being a big shootout and raid by American forces in an effort to kill him, with real time updates about what was happening and how people were having their phones taken away by mysterious forces. This was of particular interest to me, as I was actually on the street with the embassy at the time when all of this was supposed to be going down reading peoples updates on facebook about it and hard as it might be to believe it absolutely gently caress all was happening.

I mean there were a higher than normal number of squirrels on the street. It is entirely possible that they were highly trained US marine assassin squirrels.

I have a photo of one of the highly trained Squirrel assassins

They're the best at what they do, and that's not very nice, but pretty cute.

There are people who believe the rape charges against Assange are a plot by the US to get him, becuase he'd become a martyr if he just was straight up killed, so they have to destroy his reputation first. I'm sure they'd claim the poking sleeping employees with a stuffed giraffe is also a planed story.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

boner confessor posted:

its pretty well documented how assange is kind of nuts and he's basically camping out in the ecuadorian embassy as part of political theater to prove how important he is (he is not) and to avoid his worst nightmare - that he leaves the embassy and there's nobody there to arrest him because nobody cares and he basically put himself in time out for many years for no good reason

"but if he's not a wanted man why is he hiding in an embassy?!?" is exactly why he's hiding in an embassy, to prove to his followers that he is a wanted man and therefore worth listening to and giving money to

Well behaved people rarely make history.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
That tends to refer to causing a ruckus in pursuit of social change rather than being polite, and not raping

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
it's also super easy to make history if you're not well behaved. what are jeff dahmer's non-murdery accomplishments?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

boner confessor posted:

it's also super easy to make history if you're not well behaved. what are jeff dahmer's non-murdery accomplishments?
Inspired a really good graphic novel by Derf.

...about how he went to high school with a future serial killer

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

The charges are public knowledge. That's a conspiracy?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The authorities in Sweden have publicly charged him, they are not trying to keep this fact a secret.

The fact of the charges having been made is not the conspiracy theory. The content of the charges is the conspiracy theory, and your acceptance of the charges as being true without evidence is the same flawed reasoning you are mocking when you poke fun at the people who say Assange is dead or missing.

Dog Jones fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 29, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dog Jones posted:

The fact of the charges having been made is not the conspiracy theory. The content of the charges is the conspiracy theory, and your acceptance of the charges as being true without evidence is the same flawed reasoning you are mocking when you talk poke fun at the people who say Assange is dead or missing.

we'd know if the charges are true or not if assange would stop being such a massive tool and go be responsible for his actions. given that assange would rather hide in a blanket fort for years on end rather than go talk to the police about possibly raping a woman i'm going to assume she's telling the truth and he has something to hide

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

Really? Can you show me this documentation?

I mean everything else aside, I read the news and poo poo and you're the only person I've ever heard say this. So I'm pretty interested to read about this

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dog Jones posted:

Really? Can you show me this documentation?

I mean everything else aside, I read the news and poo poo and you're the only person I've ever heard say this. So I'm pretty interested to read about this

i mean, rt themselves are saying it

https://www.rt.com/news/359425-assange-mental-physical-health/

but he's widely alleged to be a narcissist

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14259969.Marianne_Taylor__The_self_centred_world_of_Julian_Assange/

his behavior is certainly consistent with this - i mean who willingly puts themselves into exile for four years? someone who is completely convinced they'll end up in a cia black site for little/no reason, aka a crazy person

if the us government is really out to get assange then why does daniel domscheit-berg still walk around being a pain in the neck, despite being as guilty as assange is of whatever? because assange's whole thing is using his status as a dangerous radical to indulge in personal fantasies of being far more important than he really is, to the point of indulging in self destructive behavior like camping in an embassy closet for years on end

also remember how wikileaks spent months promising to destroy hillary clinton and all they've released are extremely tame emails that lead to conpsiracy theories like spirit cooking and pizzagate? at this point they're below credible in terms of info, and yet assange remains self-confined...

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 29, 2016

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
There are zero universes where Assange won't get hosed by the system he has actively worked to expose. Hiding from an unjust judiciary when you've devoted your life to exposing injustice isn't hypocrisy it's just common horse sense.

That said, he totally didn't wear a condom when he said he would. That is a bad thing and we shouldn't minimize it.

It's like separating the art from the artist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
cia black site operator: "ha ha, we will get that bastard assange where we will imprison him and deny him basic living conditions under mental torture"

assange: "i will trick you! i will lock myself in a tiny room with no medical care, social contact, or meaningful human interaction for years on end!"

cia black site operator: "no, don't do that! please, anything but that!"

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

we'd know if the charges are true or not if assange would stop being such a massive tool and go be responsible for his actions. given that assange would rather hide in a blanket fort for years on end rather than go talk to the police about possibly raping a woman i'm going to assume she's telling the truth and he has something to hide

I don't think Assange has said he merely doesn't "want" to go talk to the police. My understanding is that he is concerned about leaving the embassy because of his perception that the charges aren't made in good faith. Furthermore, I was under the impression that the British police maintain a watch outside the embassy and that if Assange were to emerge to 'go talk' he would be arrested immediately and extradited to sweden and then possibly the US.

Also, Swedish authorities can go to the embassy to talk to Assange if they want. They even did so recently to question him about the rape allegation.

I gotta ask: do you actually know anything about what we're talking about? No hate, it just seems like you don't have anything to say about this except describing your own fantasies about the situation and making scathing remarks about a dude who will never read this anyway

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dog Jones posted:

I don't think Assange has said he merely doesn't "want" to go talk to the police. My understanding is that he is concerned about leaving the embassy because of his perception that the charges aren't made in good faith. Furthermore, I was under the impression that the British police maintain a watch outside the embassy and that if Assange were to emerge to 'go talk' he would be arrested immediately and extradited to sweden and then possibly the US.

Also, Swedish authorities can go to the embassy to talk to Assange if they want. They even did so recently to question him about the rape allegation.

I gotta ask: do you actually know anything about what we're talking about? No hate, it just seems like you don't have anything to say about this except describing your own fantasies about the situation and making scathing remarks about a dude who will never read this anyway

i know it's hard to admit you're being manipulated by a confidence artist but if you've seen this kind of bullshit before it's pretty transparent. by the way, are you in the market for bridges or bulk survival food? what about gold coins? generally the point of posting in the conspiracy theory thread is to make fun of the gullible, not admit you are one

i posted a link from the most pro-assange site possible that says his mental health state is deteriorating and you immediately dismiss that and talk about how he percieves he's being persecuted. sorry man, you're a straight up mark and it's funny

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dog Jones posted:

I don't think Assange has said he merely doesn't "want" to go talk to the police. My understanding is that he is concerned about leaving the embassy because of his perception that the charges aren't made in good faith.

Oh well if you're convinced you shouldn't go to prison that's alright then. We'll let it go.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OwlFancier posted:

Oh well if you're convinced you shouldn't go to prison that's alright then. We'll let it go.

hey the guy who willingly self-incarcerated himself to avoid incarceration is probably a rational actor with an accurate grasp of events, who makes good decisions

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

i know it's hard to admit you're being manipulated by a confidence artist but if you've seen this kind of bullshit before it's pretty transparent. by the way, are you in the market for bridges or bulk survival food? what about gold coins? generally the point of posting in the conspiracy theory thread is to make fun of the gullible, not admit you are one

.... are you calling me a dummy?

boner confessor posted:

i posted a link from the most pro-assange site possible that says his mental health state is deteriorating and you immediately dismiss that and talk about how he percieves he's being persecuted. sorry man, you're a straight up mark and it's funny

I didn't dismiss it I hadn't seen you posted anything while I was typing my last post

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dog Jones posted:

no

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

Why are you eager to throw someone in prison when you don't know if they are guilty or not?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dog Jones posted:

Why are you eager to throw someone in prison when you don't know if they are guilty or not?

Let's say I'm a little suspicious of someone who is so convinced they'll be convicted that they're willing to imprison themselves in order to not have to answer their charges in court.

Like this is Swedish prison, if it was America I might understand but Sweden as far as I know is really not known for its hellprisons.

Also I'm afraid personal conviction of innocence doesn't let you tell the police that now isn't a convenient time, that's not how a functioning society should work.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Dog Jones posted:

Extremely intelligent people can be just as good of marks as dumb ones. In point of fact the highly intelligent are much easier better targets for manipulation overall because once you hook them they will do a surprising amount of the necessary lying for you, all on their own.

Source: My Father was a confidence man.

Edit:

Dog Jones posted:

We are eager to see a man stand trial for potentially raping two women, it is up to the Swedish Courts whether he goes to prison or not. Considering however that most Swedish Prisons offer a quality of life literally higher than can be had even as middle class in the US, I am inclined to believe that he is a Narcissist indulging in his personal power fantasies rather than a rational person making decisions in their own enlightened self interest.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 29, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dog Jones posted:

what charges does assange face in the us? what has he done which is illegal according to us law? chelsea manning was a us citizen, a federal employee, who broke federal law. assange is not a us citizen, did not commit any tangible crimes while under united states jurisdication, and the only source for assange's assertion that he will be prosecuted by the us government is... assange himself, a man who admittedly has spend 5 years camped out in a spare room because he's afraid of being extradited to a nation with no power over him on vague and as of yet non-existent charges

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

*stuff about assange being a narcissist*

Thanks, though that article was worthless I did find some other interesting describing what an rear end in a top hat Assange is.

boner confessor posted:

his behavior is certainly consistent with this - i mean who willingly puts themselves into exile for four years? someone who is completely convinced they'll end up in a cia black site for little/no reason, aka a crazy person

if the us government is really out to get assange then why does daniel domscheit-berg still walk around being a pain in the neck, despite being as guilty as assange is of whatever? because assange's whole thing is using his status as a dangerous radical to indulge in personal fantasies of being far more important than he really is, to the point of indulging in self destructive behavior like camping in an embassy closet for years on end

also remember how wikileaks spent months promising to destroy hillary clinton and all they've released are extremely tame emails that lead to conpsiracy theories like spirit cooking and pizzagate? at this point they're below credible in terms of info, and yet assange remains self-confined...

Once again you say blithely that he has put himself WILLINGLY into exile. Assange and his supporters do not see it that way, so it isn't a compelling argument. I don't think people are concerned about him ending up in a CIA blacksite, I think most of the concerns come from the fact that the US is aggressively pursing criminal charges against WikiLeaks and Assange itself.

The mainstream media spent like 2 months making GBS threads itself saying that the wikileaks releases were a russian conspiracy to tamper with US elections, Ecuador shut down Assange's internet because he was interfering with a foreign election so I think some pretty big players felt like the leaks were a threat.

I mean I think there was some interesting info in the leaks. Like how the DNC was working to take down Sanders, how a bunch of reporters, writers and debate moderators were taking orders from the DNC and the Clinton campaign, and a bunch of other poo poo. Probably the wikileaks stuff would have been more prominent if Trump wasn't Trump. I mean its hard to quantify the impact that the leaks had on the election but she DID lose. I think its pretty weak to say WikiLeaks doesn't release credible info when they go to great pains to establish the credibility of their leaks. Which leaks did you find to be less than credible?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Dog Jones posted:

Thanks, though that article was worthless I did find some other interesting describing what an rear end in a top hat Assange is.

Once again you say blithely that he has put himself WILLINGLY into exile. Assange and his supporters do not see it that way, so it isn't a compelling argument. I don't think people are concerned about him ending up in a CIA blacksite, I think most of the concerns come from the fact that the US is aggressively pursing criminal charges against WikiLeaks and Assange itself.

The mainstream media spent like 2 months making GBS threads itself saying that the wikileaks releases were a russian conspiracy to tamper with US elections, Ecuador shut down Assange's internet because he was interfering with a foreign election so I think some pretty big players felt like the leaks were a threat.

I mean I think there was some interesting info in the leaks. Like how the DNC was working to take down Sanders, how a bunch of reporters, writers and debate moderators were taking orders from the DNC and the Clinton campaign, and a bunch of other poo poo. Probably the wikileaks stuff would have been more prominent if Trump wasn't Trump. I mean its hard to quantify the impact that the leaks had on the election but she DID lose. I think its pretty weak to say WikiLeaks doesn't release credible info when they go to great pains to establish the credibility of their leaks. Which leaks did you find to be less than credible?

A person like my Father would take you for everything you have. Like I said above, when intelligent people bite the hook they do a bunch of the necessary self deception for you.

Also Assange could have turned himself in at the start of this all and avoided the entire thing. Your entire objection is basically you doing a quick re-write of history.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 29, 2016

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well it's more that he's afraid of the possibility spending a few years in a Swedish prison unless he can wait out the statute of limitations on the last charge that he hasn't waited out already, and the certainty of a few months in a British prison for violating his bail conditions when he did the runner in the first place.

Worth remembering that he'd have to hide out until like 2025 or something for the statue of limitations to expire on all charges. Some of them expired last year and this year, but those were minor things. I don't think he can really handle another 9 years in there, honestly.

boner confessor posted:

There is no statute of limitations on jumping bail in England and Wales, so he will in fact be wanted by the English cops unless he like dies in there. Fairly minor punishment for it in all, he'd have self-punished by voluntary imprisonment for years and years before that happens of course.

Dog Jones posted:

if Assange were to emerge to 'go talk' he would be arrested immediately and extradited to sweden and then possibly the US.

Well yes, he's a wanted criminal in the UK for jumping bail, which is something he very blatantly did. Of course he's going to be arrested.

But he can't then be extradited once the Brits are done with him and send him to Sweden for trial, as there is absolutely no case open against him in the US, and Swedish law including the extradition treaty with US-Sweden requires public charges to be made. And then once the request is made, the country seeking extradition has to win a court case against Assange, and even if that happens Assange still gets to appeal to Sweden's equivalent of the US Supreme Court before he's sent off.

It would take years for him to actually get extradited to the US if at all, and that would likely take place only after he's served whatever time bail jumping requires in the UK and also serving time in Swedish prison.

Dog Jones posted:

Once again you say blithely that he has put himself WILLINGLY into exile.

He's been in exile from his actual home country of Australia for something like over 15 years quite willingly, then he willingly fled Sweden for the UK, then he willingly scammed a bunch of people out of bail donations once the UK arrested him and ran for an embassy. And his end goal was to get sent to another country from there.

Sounds like willingly being exiled to me.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 29, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dog Jones posted:

he has willingly put himself into exile. he is choosing to hide in an embassy rather than face charges, and as of yet the only tangible charges against him are related to sexual assault

Dog Jones posted:

yeah that and while you're hiding in someone's basement it's super rude to use their free internet to do criminal acts or even things that just cause trouble for your host. the ecuadorean government is under no legal or ethical obligation to subsidize wikileaks operations while he's squatting in their supply closet. he can get his own internet connection if he wants to do dumb things with it

Dog Jones posted:

I mean I think there was some interesting info in the leaks. Like how the DNC was working to take down Sanders, how a bunch of reporters, writers and debate moderators were taking orders from the DNC and the Clinton campaign, and a bunch of other poo poo.

lmao you are gullible as hell

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

OwlFancier posted:

Let's say I'm a little suspicious of someone who is so convinced they'll be convicted that they're willing to imprison themselves in order to not have to answer their charges in court.

Like this is Swedish prison, if it was America I might understand but Sweden as far as I know is really not known for its hellprisons.

Also I'm afraid personal conviction of innocence doesn't let you tell the police that now isn't a convenient time, that's not how a functioning society should work.

Why do you say Assange's motivating factor is his certainty that he will be convicted? I think you just made that up. Like I said I'm pretty sure the idea that Assange and his supporters put forth is that the rape charges are baseless and the real concern is extradition to the US

Assange's exile is not the result of the mechanisms of any individual society, it is the result of geopolitical factors. You're right that it is not Assange's personal conviction which is allowing him to avoid detention by the Swede's, instead it is the result of the geopolitical situation he is immersed in.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Prester Jane posted:

A person like my Father would take you for everything you have. Like I said above, when intelligent people bite the hook they do a bunch of the necessary self deception for you.

No way I'm way smarter than your stupid rear end father!!!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dog Jones posted:

Why do you say Assange's motivating factor is his certainty that he will be convicted? I think you just made that up. Like I said I'm pretty sure the idea that Assange and his supporters put forth is that the rape charges are baseless and the real concern is extradition to the US

Assange's exile is not the result of the mechanisms of any individual society, it is the result of geopolitical factors. You're right that it is not Assange's personal conviction which is allowing him to avoid detention by the Swede's, instead it is the result of the geopolitical situation he is immersed in.

assange's exile is the result of him being a delusional idiot who would rather play internet outlaw than live an adult life, like edward snowden does

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dog Jones posted:

Then that means Julian Assange is a loving idiot who doesn't know the first thing about Sweden's laws or treaties on extradition. Or indeed, the UK's, because he fled from Sweden to the UK and it's WAY easier to extradite from UK to USA than Sweden to USA.

Like possibly the only worse country to flee to if you want to escape extradition to the US would be Canada.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dog Jones posted:

Well I suppose "he's terrified that the US will black helicopter him away suddenly because he's too much of a rebel" is less flattering so I was going with the perhaps more rational and self interested option?

Either he believes he'll be found guilty of rape or he's just randomly terrified that the US is going to kidnap him, neither one says much good about him as a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

fishmech posted:

Well yes, he's a wanted criminal in the UK for jumping bail, which is something he very blatantly did. Of course he's going to be arrested.

But he can't then be extradited once the Brits are done with him and send him to Sweden for trial, as there is absolutely no case open against him in the US, and Swedish law including the extradition treaty with US-Sweden requires public charges to be made. And then once the request is made, the country seeking extradition has to win a court case against Assange, and even if that happens Assange still gets to appeal to Sweden's equivalent of the US Supreme Court before he's sent off.

It would take years for him to actually get extradited to the US if at all, and that would likely take place only after he's served whatever time bail jumping requires in the UK and also serving time in Swedish prison.

There is an ongoing criminal investigation against him in the US which I suppose in his mind constitutes a credible threat of resulting in a case, extradition and prosecution. I don't understand your point about how lengthy the proceedings would be if they were kicked off, they seem to me to be undesirable outcomes for Assange regardless of how long the matter takes to be resolved.

fishmech posted:

He's been in exile from his actual home country of Australia for something like over 15 years quite willingly, then he willingly fled Sweden for the UK, then he willingly scammed a bunch of people out of bail donations once the UK arrested him and ran for an embassy. And his end goal was to get sent to another country from there.

Sounds like willingly being exiled to me.

Repeating the word willingly several times is not evidence that Assange is there willingly. I think Assange and his supporters would argue that he is not there willingly, and that he made those decisions under duress due to the threat of death / imprisonment. The UN recently sided against you on the matter, describing Assange's conditions as arbitrary detention at the hands of the swedish and british authorities, which is the opposite of willing exile.

• Locked thread