Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Sexual Lorax posted:

Does this thread still exist?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Sexual Lorax posted:

Does this thread still exist? I bought 36 beers for election night. I drank about one and a half of them, and I loving rage quit politics for the last three weeks.

Do we have a finger on the pulse of Republican trailer trash yet? Is it all still "WE DONE SHOWED THEM FANCYPANTS CITY FOLK BUT GOOD", or have they realized they're the dog that caught the car it always chases down the street yet? Here's hoping Cletus Methmouth doesn't have any preexisting conditions for the upcoming health care overhaulritual sacrifice.

PS- Thank you thread for giving me CHVRCHES, I've been listening the gently caress out of it.

do you still have 34 1/2 beers???

you've got some catching up to do.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

rear end cobra posted:

I like and respect that orange old fucker more and more every day

boy that 165 degree water sure was comfy, says frog in 190 degree water.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

Does this thread still exist? I bought 36 beers for election night. I drank about one and a half of them, and I loving rage quit politics for the last three weeks.

Do we have a finger on the pulse of Republican trailer trash yet? Is it all still "WE DONE SHOWED THEM FANCYPANTS CITY FOLK BUT GOOD", or have they realized they're the dog that caught the car it always chases down the street yet? Here's hoping Cletus Methmouth doesn't have any preexisting conditions for the upcoming health care overhaulritual sacrifice.

PS- Thank you thread for giving me CHVRCHES, I've been listening the gently caress out of it.

we still exist, we even have our own Republican Petting Zoo now, check the LIBERAL TEARS thread if you want an idea of the republican mindset

hint: it's a lot of whining about The SJWs and is so bad that Drplump has returned to post there.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Typo posted:

ivanka or hillary?

Why not both?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Kazak_Hstan posted:

boy that 165 degree water sure was comfy, says frog in 190 degree water.

This is the world we live in

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Duscat posted:

What is the power that the Republican Party holds over its members?

You'd think of all people John Mc loving Cain wouldn't be afraid to voice his opinion on the clearly corrupt, obviously unhinged idiot who's about to become the goddamn President of This Island Earth and rob it for all the sweet loot he can grab.

But he is.

McCain sold his soul to cling on to minor celebrity and power for the dwindling years he has left on this earth. He's not going to do poo poo, except mutter under his breath, imaging that he is a victim of circumstances he had no hand in controlling.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I like people who don't bend the knee

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

rear end cobra posted:

I like and respect that orange old fucker more and more every day

It's funny how dems are suddenly ok with people like Bohener, Romney, and Bush and some repubs suddenly think Obama wasn't that bad. You people are like Zelda fans. 20 years from now you'll be wishing for Trump saying those were the golden days. Before the dark tmes, before the millennials.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deathbysnusnu posted:

McCain sold his soul to cling on to minor celebrity and power for the dwindling years he has left on this earth. He's not going to do poo poo, except mutter under his breath, imaging that he is a victim of circumstances he had no hand in controlling.

yeah he clearly hates trump but won't actually speak against him

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr President posted:

It's funny how dems are suddenly ok with people like Bohener, Romney, and Bush and some repubs suddenly think Obama wasn't that bad. You people are like Zelda fans. 20 years from now you'll be wishing for Trump saying those were the golden days. Before the dark tmes, before the millennials.

millennials are going to have to try pretty loving hard to beat the boomers in Ruining Everything

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MaxxBot posted:

Man Boehner really dodged a bullet

Heheheh

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
If I come across a burning American flag, and there's no water around, is it more respectful to let it burn or to put out the fire with my piss?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Weeping Wound posted:

do you still have 34 1/2 beers???

you've got some catching up to do.

probs about 20 of them or so

i thought it would be funny to have beer from sure red states for when they were called for trump so now i have a loving six of lone star and a significant other who doesn't eat brats so cooking with it is out of the question

it's not like i'm going to drink that swill without some kind of overwhelming actual reason

oh

wait

i have a reason

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

millennials are going to have to try pretty loving hard to beat the boomers in Ruining Everything

I dunno, there won't be that much left to ruin, shouldn't take too long

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Duscat posted:

What is the power that the Republican Party holds over its members?

You'd think of all people John Mc loving Cain wouldn't be afraid to voice his opinion on the clearly corrupt, obviously unhinged idiot who's about to become the goddamn President of This Island Earth and rob it for all the sweet loot he can grab.

But he is.

The last year has made the differences between "bad" and "really, really bad" republicans a little more clear, but please don't forget they're ultimately all spineless shitworms

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Mr President posted:

Are the new Zelda games bad?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

probs about 20 of them or so

i thought it would be funny to have beer from sure red states for when they were called for trump so now i have a loving six of lone star and a significant other who doesn't eat brats so cooking with it is out of the question

it's not like i'm going to drink that swill without some kind of overwhelming actual reason

oh

wait

i have a reason

welcome back to politics friend

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

If I come across a burning American flag, and there's no water around, is it more respectful to let it burn or to put out the fire with my piss?

piss while saluting IMO

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Yinlock posted:

We won't survive the boomers. They're gonna loot everything not bolted down before they slide into their graves. By the time we're 65, if we haven't nuked ourselves over some climate change initiated war between Europe and the middle east, we'll be at the point where global warming has hosed us to the point of breadlines except American politics and social cohesion has made the notion of bread lines laughable as if people would just give you bread. The money you're putting into your 401k probably would have been better spent on ammunition and water purifiers. And health care will follow the Elysium model without the cool futuristic tech and space stations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Lol if it took you this long to realize she's just as evil as the rest with a prettier face.

Tiffany still seems ok. She had the good fortune to grow up 2,000 miles away from the rest of the Trump family.
It's too early to tell with Barron, but he will either be the best or the worst of the Trump children.

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

Haha, those drat millennials. I bet they're going to just take selfies in their parents basement instead of passing legislation! What a bunch of clowns

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

irradiated mutant intersectionality

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

If I eat an American flag but sous vide it first so I don't burn it do I still lose my citizenship?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

thrawn527 posted:

This flag tweet is infuriating, because it's being defended all over the place (including the main headline on FoxNews.com right now) by saying, "But Clinton called for the same thing!" and citing that 2005 bill that didn't make it out of committee. Which completely misses the points that A) who cares what Clinton did in 2005, she lost, this is the President-elect saying this right now, and, more importantly, B) she didn't call for people to lose their god drat citizenship over it. That is a huge part of why his tweet is so loving ludicrous. He can't do that, he shouldn't do that, and even suggesting it should be enough to make just about anyone say, "Well hold the gently caress on." The President wanting to make people who protest in a certain way no longer be citizens? This is insane, and the prison time and fine Hillary tried co-sponsoring as a compromise bill is in no way as alarming. Plus, you know, she wasn't and isn't the President-elect.

I'm thinking back to everyone I talked to who said calling Trump a fascist was overblown, and I want to send them this story.

also, the 2005 bill was proposing jailing for those burning flags to incite violence, which is uh...a pretty big caveat that Trump's tweet did not mention

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

deathbysnusnu posted:

We won't survive the boomers. They're gonna loot everything not bolted down before they slide into their graves. By the time we're 65, if we haven't nuked ourselves over some climate change initiated war between Europe and the middle east, we'll be at the point where global warming has hosed us to the point of breadlines except American politics and social cohesion has made the notion of bread lines laughable as if people would just give you bread. The money you're putting into your 401k probably would have been better spent on ammunition and water purifiers. And health care will follow the Elysium model without the cool futuristic tech and space stations.

maybe I'm not as apocalyptic but I agree that Boomers really have hosed up America to an insane degree.

Goldwater really poisoned that generation in the cradle.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

tweet from eichenwald, whatever

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/803691747192643584

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

comingafteryouall posted:

maybe I'm not as apocalyptic but I agree that Boomers really have hosed up America to an insane degree.

Goldwater really poisoned that generation in the cradle.

The world could be a livable and very pleasant place in 35 years, but lets be honest we're doing the exact opposite of every single step to make that happen. The breaking point is going to be what happens when the Persian gulf becomes uninhabitable from climate change. 60+ million Muslims fleeing to Europe and Asia over the span of a decade while the world strains under increasingly harder to meet resource demands is going to revert people to death camp mode. Our politics is making a beeline to accelerate global warming and attack pariahs instead of making hard decisions with limited resources.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Goddamn he is still trying the poor bastard

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I like the smug "gently caress you too" look of his twitter av.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I'm assuming someone has mentioned this already but gently caress that Simpsons amendment to be song was super prescient like just every single thing about it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bert Roberge posted:

If I eat an American flag but sous vide it first so I don't burn it do I still lose my citizenship?

flag code specifies only two permitted ways to dispose of an American flag: 1) deep fried 2) mesquite smoked

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/803693588886405120

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

wait so how does security work do you have to go through Secret service guys now to go into trump tower?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

In addition:

The goodwill I had towards Ivanka being the most tolerable of the Trump kids just shrank.

There's still Tiffany. I figure she puts out a good book of Trump's poo poo once he kicks the bucket considering he wanted her aborted and barely seems to count her as one of the family.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Like, yes, that is obviously something Hitler did and Trump doing it is plainly bullshit and not something he should do, but I'm guessing Kurt here's research consisted of "eh google it a lil"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

swampland posted:

I'm assuming someone has mentioned this already but gently caress that Simpsons amendment to be song was super prescient like just every single thing about it

It wasn't prescient, it was, like "the wall", a thing people argued about in the 90s. Trumps just dredging it up again because that's what he does.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

Like, yes, that is obviously something Hitler did and Trump doing it is plainly bullshit and not something he should do, but I'm guessing Kurt here's research consisted of "eh google it a lil"

*puts finger on this take, shakes head disapprovingly at its coldness*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That DICK! posted:

*puts finger on this take, shakes head disapprovingly at its coldness*

this take could not stave off the bitter cold of winter for a single hour, much less a whole season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

• Locked thread