Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

"Wee!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I was in the 'immediately hops back into grate' camp, I must admit.

Actualshaden: If this were in the wild, as the runt of the litter he would most likely be denied nipple-access by his brothers and sisters and eventually starve to death :smith:
Since it's not, any piglets in those situations are usually picked up and human-fed so that they can still reach adulthood. :unsmith:
TO BECOME BACON :unsmigghh:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Weatherman posted:

He's watching people on video watching other videos?

That doesn't sound like the kind of kid I'd want to raise. Experience your own feelings of schadenfreude, hanales junior.

On another topic, what's your avatar from? It cracks me up.

Hey man, if you can't handle iballisticsquids try not to laugh challenge that's on you! (He watches a lot of Minecraft for kids channels)

The AV is from a really bad SNL sketch from when trump hosted. It's a guy pretending to play the bass quite funkily. It made my wife laugh so I made a gif of it for her, and the face eventually became my AV.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Stolen from the IoSM thread - Teacher gets fired after posting a super racist Facebook message.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/new-york-pre-k-teacher-fired-after-posting-jaw-dropping-racist-rant-on-facebook/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

10 Beers posted:

Stolen from the IoSM thread - Teacher gets fired after posting a super racist Facebook message.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/new-york-pre-k-teacher-fired-after-posting-jaw-dropping-racist-rant-on-facebook/

Has she struck back with, "IT'S MY FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT!" yet?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
A Finnish "celebrity" posted about being in LA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Some additional IoSM-turned-schadenfreude:

Eric Bristow slammed over football sex abuse comments, after saying players are “wimps”

Best part (well, aside from the guy being a freaking darts player throwing shade at actual athletes) is his little "finishing move" where he gloats:

And, well, now he's lost his job. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/nov/29/eric-bristow-loses-sky-sports-role-twitter-sex-abuse-story-comments

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

10 Beers posted:

In racists losing their jobs schadenfreude, this woman flipped out on a Michael's craft store employee during Black Friday weekend shopping, calling them "animals" and making up claims of being discriminated against for being white (the employees are black) and calling the police at one point. The person uploaded the video, its gone viral in Chicago and someone discovered another video of her in a Peet's Coffee from earlier this year (the video is now private on YouTube) mocking a manager for being gay in the gay neighborhood.

She's lost her job, with weird conflicting reports where her coworkers have said she was fired Monday morning, but the hospital where she was an HR person, somehow, said she had been let go a long time ago.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Eponine posted:

she was an HR person

Who's surprised?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

"Number 31, your order's ready!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Foxhound posted:

Who's surprised?

No one who's ever had to deal with an HR person, certainly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oldidgiless

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

is someone shining a laser pointer on that football guy?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Humphreys posted:

drat, that brought back memories of playing Pass the Pigs as a kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass_the_Pigs

Somehow my first thought was "Bacon is often harder on the pigs?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gasmask posted:

Yeah.

It's apparently not uncommon in that specific stadium too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

oldidgiless

Gasmask posted:

The NFL returns to Mexico since like 2005 or something and plays a game at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, the first Monday Night Football game ever outside the US and the fans kept trying to shine lasers in the QBs eyes as well as shouting homophobic slurs at players

grand_danois
Jan 9, 2005
not a dog irl

Eponine posted:

In racists losing their jobs schadenfreude, this woman flipped out on a Michael's craft store employee during Black Friday weekend shopping, calling them "animals" and making up claims of being discriminated against for being white (the employees are black) and calling the police at one point. The person uploaded the video, its gone viral in Chicago and someone discovered another video of her in a Peet's Coffee from earlier this year (the video is now private on YouTube) mocking a manager for being gay in the gay neighborhood.

She's lost her job, with weird conflicting reports where her coworkers have said she was fired Monday morning, but the hospital where she was an HR person, somehow, said she had been let go a long time ago.

This is amazing/horrifying. For the 99% of goons not familiar with local Chicago stereotypes, please meet the typical Lakeview/Lincoln Park Trixie.

e: also, the Peet's video can be viewed here.

grand_danois has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Nov 29, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oldpainless posted:

The NFL returns to Mexico since like 2005 or something and plays a game at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, the first Monday Night Football game ever outside the US and the fans kept trying to shine lasers in the QBs eyes as well as shouting homophobic slurs at players

oh, I thought that was an encoding artifact! did it work?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
How is that a laser pointer? Those would be smaller than a thumbtack and thats showing up like a tennis ball on his body.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Cage posted:

How is that a laser pointer? Those would be smaller than a thumbtack and thats showing up like a tennis ball on his body.

The light spreads out the further it gets from the source.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Cage posted:

I watched the game, it was definitely a laser pointer.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

oh, I thought that was an encoding artifact! did it work?

The Texans lost but there were also some really hosed up calls during the game. Im sure the people using the pointers were claiming some of the credit however.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Olewithmilk posted:

The light spreads out the further it gets from the source.
Huh. Ive never played with green ones before. Just red ones that wouldnt go that far even in total darkness.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Data Graham posted:

It's like that "Tater Salad" one that had to have been like a ten-year long game.

I think that was in the Horrible Mechanical Failures thread in AI.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cage posted:

Huh. Ive never played with green ones before. Just red ones that wouldnt go that far even in total darkness.

A lot of them now have adjustable lenses too.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
https://twitter.com/BrownAthletics/status/803418763550830592

Player's team is down by one, he gets the ball with 3.8 seconds left. But he thinks they're ahead by one, so instead of trying to make a play he just holds onto the ball for 3.8 seconds and then throws it away. And then gets a brutal rejection for his attempted high-five.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cage posted:

Green lasers are immensely more powerful than red. My high school astronomy teacher used one to point out specific heavenly bodies. It's possible to even gently caress with aircraft pilots if they're flying low enough.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PhotoKirk posted:

I think that was in the Horrible Mechanical Failures thread in AI.

Haha yeah, holy poo poo good call.

Here it is:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3222431&pagenumber=684&perpage=40#post459979828

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

chitoryu12 posted:

Green lasers are immensely more powerful than red. My high school astronomy teacher used one to point out specific heavenly bodies. It's possible to even gently caress with aircraft pilots if they're flying low enough.

The best lasers are invisible though.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh gently caress don't do that. Seriously, that's like, FBI will attempt to find you, and if they do will send you to federal-pound-you-in-the-rear end-prison. Shining lasers at airplanes is extremely not good, and they take it VERY seriously.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, it's a really big problem and getting worse. A laser that hits the windshield basically lights up the entire cockpit and blinds everyone in it, right at the most crucial part of a flight (approach). http://www.airspacemag.com/flight-today/the-laser-threat-180947755/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cage posted:

If you shine a red one at a distance you can still see it expand. Turn off the lights in your house and mess around with it to see.

oldpainless posted:

The Texans lost but there were also some really hosed up calls during the game. Im sure the people using the pointers were claiming some of the credit however.

Yeah, the game was pretty sketchy all around, but I'd hesitate to just blame the laser pointers for Brock's poor performance. He's been poo poo all year long.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I'm a pilot and I've seen lasers from the cockpit while still thankfully flying high. It's a big deal and they definitely ask you questions to help pinpoint where it came from. More than anywhere happened to me in the outskirts of Vegas and bumfuck southeastern US, go figure.

Best was when tower warned me about reports of lasers one night while I was the only one on frequency. After I told him I didn't see anything he broadcasts "they're probably already tasing the bastard."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

The best lasers are invisible though.

Really they should have used a kilowatt industrial co2 laser from the crowd.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Yeah, search for "laser helicopter" on youtube and find dozens of videos of cops arresting people who had the bright idea of shining a laser at a police helicopter

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

canyoneer posted:

"laser helicopter" on youtube

:dance:

quote:

and find dozens of videos of cops arresting people who had the bright idea of shining a laser at a police helicopter

:smith:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I know the head of security for our local airport. They loving crack down HARD on people that shine lasers at aircraft. And yes, they will bring out helicopters to find you. He told me the last guy they caught was a 19 year old college student and hes facing like 5-10 years in federal prison.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have a green laser and took it camping this weekend to teach some astronomy stuff to some kids. It was blizzarding instead so I couldn't do much, but when we were hiking back to camp, I was far behind them and I was shining it on the trees ahead of them as they walked and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, search for "laser helicopter" on youtube and find dozens of videos of cops arresting people who had the bright idea of shining a laser at a police helicopter

That reminds me of the demonstrations in Egypt during the Arab spring. Any military helicopters that got close got lit the gently caress up.