Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
gently caress u I already made the session too late t:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
:siren: :siren: :siren:

It's time for the Gooncar Holiday 75 in association with Beef Chief!

The place: Richmond International Raceway

The time: usual Gooncar time idk

The race: 100 fuckin laps of a track we've never raced at before so all our lines will be garbage LET'S FUCKIN GO

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I will not forget. I will be there. I just an alarm cause God dammit I want to race.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
I'm pretty bored with the usual cars I drive and have been vaguely thinking about doing BSS/BES next season, could someone please talk me out of it and tell me what an awful idea this is, tia

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Lord Crapulus posted:

I'm pretty bored with the usual cars I drive and have been vaguely thinking about doing BSS/BES next season, could someone please talk me out of it and tell me what an awful idea this is, tia

The Audi 90 GTO is basically the best car ever, come Kamel with me in the SOF races

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

The Science Goy posted:

The Audi 90 GTO is basically the best car ever, come Kamel with me in the SOF races

Participation looks like it's really sliding there and I don't have either car. I think if I wanted to do multiclass, I'd lean towards the C7 in IMSA.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lord Crapulus posted:

I did about half the races this season and even with my 1400ish iRating I was surprised how clean it was. I get taken out way more in the gooncar mid-pack. :v:

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

Lord Crapulus posted:

If you do it I'll do it. I'd probably rather do the sprint series over the endurance, but I'll do either (or both). My iRating is still 3000+ so we will probably be in the same split.

This would give me a reason to fire up the sim for more than just gooncar.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

It's a game not a sim geez :colbert:

If the posted schedule is to be believed, BSS/BES are running the same schedule, so I figured on doing both for easy participation credits. I still hate the idea of BoP series though.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

Lord Crapulus posted:

It's a game not a sim geez :colbert:

If the posted schedule is to be believed, BSS/BES are running the same schedule, so I figured on doing both for easy participation credits. I still hate the idea of BoP series though.

What car would you want to run? I have all of them so I really don't care. Between the two of us we should be able to get a decent setup worked out.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

From what I've seen, it seems like the audi and mclaren are towards the top. I run the merc but always feel like I'm way slower, could just be my driving (and likely is). Merc is very easy to drive, haven't tried the rest.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 28, 2016

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Larrymer posted:

From what I've seen, it seems like the audi and mclaren are towards the top. I run the merc but always feel like I'm way slower, could just be my driving (and likely is). Merc is very easy to drive, haven't tried the rest.

Are you seeing fields that are fairly well distributed, or is there one that's the clear popular choice? I suppose they're probably making new changes after this season, so it might not matter. I have them all, but I don't remember what any of them drive like. The McLaren spits fire and the Ford has extra Murica. I feel like these are not good reasons to pick a car.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Definitely less of the Ford and BMW, but the BMW is still competitive from what I could see. The Mclaren, Audi and Mercedes are similar in numbers I'd say.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I might be interested, depends if im willing to brave the harsh wastelands of gt3.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

OhsH posted:

I might be interested, depends if im willing to brave the harsh wastelands of gt3.

Things I didn't expect today

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
GT3 is fine. People like to complain about popular things because they are cool people. There's as many wrecks in GT3 as there are in any other series. If you can't avoid wrecks in GT3 you can't avoid them anywhere else so why single one series out.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Counterpoint: gt3 drivers are the euro version of nascar truck drivers

OhsH fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 28, 2016

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The cars are decently fast, somewhat easy to drive, and fun. There's also like 40 car fields which is cool, there's always somebody to race.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

So I'm confused about BES now. The pro qualifier (called BES) is going on right now. It goes into next season, is a short 6 week schedule, and has variable distance races. The 2017 season 1 schedule that got posted lists BES as a normal 12 week schedule corresponding to BSS and all the races are 3 hours. This doesn't seem compatible. Am I missing something obvious?

Also the new schedule lists BES as an A series :getin:

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 28, 2016

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

OhsH posted:

Counterpoint: gt3 drivers are the euro version of nascar truck drivers
So good if you're good, and bad if you're bad. Get better.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Cum back to gooncar bby, or are we all so bad its not worth driving????

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

"Cyber Monday" deal for iRacing credits. $75 gets you an extra $25, use code PR-CYBER100

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Bentai posted:

"Cyber Monday" deal for iRacing credits. $75 gets you an extra $25, use code PR-CYBER100

Did it look like this for anybody else? Doesn't appear to be giving me jack poo poo.

simble
May 11, 2004

Uh... it says iRacing account credits to be added to member's account - $25. I don't think it can be any clearer.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I guess I don't remember how it was done before but there was usually some indication I thought of the credit showing up in more than just text. Meh, we'll see.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I still like the McLaren.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
If BES is A class to (very slightly) reduce the number of idiots in the field, I may consider doing a season.

The fire-breathing Macca is still a fun car. I have the Audi, would consider buying the Merc if that's where we get a solid team together.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Lord Crapulus posted:

I still like the McLaren.

same, but for this week, gt3 at boring not good watkins means its imsa time at spa, merc style.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Yeah I am absolutely not doing GT3 at the Watkins oval. Skippies at Mid-Ohio!

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Lord Crapulus posted:

Yeah I am absolutely not doing GT3 at the Watkins oval. Skippies at Mid-Ohio!

imsa at night spa, its kinda fun.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

IMSA is just the three German GT3s though, right?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
yeah, no mclaren, sadly.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If it's A class next season, I need to jump in a race this week. MPR met, 2.99 SR.

gently caress yeah skips at MO.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I need to knock out 3 races for mpr, so lets try to top 5 an imsa :v

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Larrymer posted:

If it's A class next season, I need to jump in a race this week. MPR met, 2.99 SR.

gently caress yeah skips at MO.

If anywhere is running the Nordschleife this week it's absurd for SR farming since every kink and curve counts as a corner and being an old track there's a kink or curve every three seconds or so.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Lotus 49 :v:

(also Kias but gently caress Kias)

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3510448.page

Dirt and Time Attack are coming but not in next week's build.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Soon. (Tm)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Roller Coast Guard posted:

If anywhere is running the Nordschleife this week it's absurd for SR farming since every kink and curve counts as a corner and being an old track there's a kink or curve every three seconds or so.

Yup. I had massive SR gains in GT3 at Nordschleife, despite never getting enough laps in to count as an 'official' race. You rack up a ton of good corners, and then plow it into the wall and total the car with maybe 4x or 6x on the clock, and still gain SR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I literally need 0.01 to get my promotion at the end of the season. :)