Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Nick are you ready for the experience of a Wade Baldwin/Andrew Harrison PG rotation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Look at the first reply lol

https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/803479133078458368

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
My poor Grizzly bros. :( :( :(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bring back Mario Chalmers

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

his reply back makes it lmao

NickRoweFillea posted:

Shoot me in the face with a gun

This one?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

So that is pretty lovely.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
That's definitely the right gun.

I will pour one out for my boy Mike Conley tonight. I hope he can come back in six weeks and it's not one of those horrific cyclical recurring injuries.

Grizzlies guard depth is... not good.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Nick are you ready for the experience of a Wade Baldwin/Andrew Harrison PG rotation?

Not good at all.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Finally A. Harrison has his chance to shine

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Paul Zuvella posted:

They might sign Jarret Jack!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Here me out point guard Zach Randolph

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

Here me out point guard Zach Randolph

It's been done before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZqcgVtGq1o

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Libertine posted:

The Dirk trade with Milwaukee will probably go down in NBA history as the single most one-sided draft steal in NBA history. Their entire team for almost two decades was built around that single move. Maybe the best draft day move ever made.

Houston did win the lottery with Yao and rode that for awhile and then has made some shrewd and excellent moves since then but they haven't won anything significant in over 20 years. They also have never been a truly abysmal team since the early 1980s. Even the bad Rockets rosters were not cellar dwellers.

I don't think you can compare either of their histories with the Kings at all.

Kobe for Vlade might not be quite as completely lopsided (though Vlade only played 2 seasons for the Hornets), but it is probbaly up there

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Well you know nick, Mario Chalmers is available

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Glumslinger posted:

Kobe for Vlade might not be quite as completely lopsided (though Vlade only played 2 seasons for the Hornets), but it is probbaly up there

I went back and forth on that one in my head. I think the Dirk one was more lopsided, but only barely. Obviously both trades enormously shaped the competitive landscape of the NBA.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lakers basically built their legacy on ripping off teams with Wilt, Kareem, and Magic

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

Davis didn't play with those guys at Kentucky though.

I know that but Kentucky is forever and transcends that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is Mario Chalmers seriously unemployed? My god, his career was some collateral damage of the Miami big 3 (RIP various pants related accounts).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mario Chalmers is like literally the exact PG the Bulls need right now lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Didn't Super Mario gently caress up his achilles bad last season?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

I think given the narrative and his stats, Russ could get serious consideration if they are a 3rd, 4th, or even 5th seed. If they are lower than that I seriously doubt it.
Well one issue is that they're not hurting for MVP candidates right now, this isn't a year where Steve Nash wins it because Garnett and Kobe miss the playoffs, Duncan's numbers are down and LeBron isn't a good option yet. If the Warriors (or Cavs, or Spurs, or Clippers) put up crazy win totals and you have Durant shooting 57% from the field, it's hard to think they won't give him a better shot than Westbrook if the wins aren't quite there for OKC. There have been guys who had eye popping numbers before but didn't win or even necessarily been a factor in MVP voting. And from the opposite end, if they finish behind the Rockets with Harden putting up his own variant of speculative fiction stats is that really advantage Westbrook?

Lmao if Durant, Westbrook and Harden end us as the top 3 MVP candidates.

Spring Break My Heart fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 29, 2016

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Conley :(. This is last year all over again

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Well one issue is that they're not hurting for MVP candidates right now

Nobody seems to notice that Lebron is averaging close to a triple double himself, and his team is nearly tied with the best record in NBA

Harden himself is averaging close to a triple double himself

Westbrook chose a bad year to have "literally averages triple double" as his only advantage in MVP voting if he wants to break the mold of an 8th seed getting that award

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The Glumslinger posted:

Cmon son.

Future Hall of Famer Robert Parrish AND the draft rights to future Hall of Famer Kevin McHale for a pick used on Joe Barry Carroll. That will never be topped.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

:boggle:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

This would own a lot

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'd be more impressed with Harden dragging the Rockets to the playoffs more than Westbrook if we're talking about that being a criteria. Westbrook should be allowed to play in the Finals for both teams 10 minutes per night alternating as a testament to his usage+AST%.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

I'd be more impressed with Harden dragging the Rockets to the playoffs more than Westbrook if we're talking about that being a criteria. Westbrook should be allowed to play in the Finals for both teams 10 minutes per night alternating as a testament to his usage+AST%.

Eh, I dunno about dragging. The Rockets were never really in danger of missing the playoffs despite the worst expectation that they literally couldn't guard anyone with that starting line-up and Harden already "dragged" a mediocre team to absurd heights like 2 seasons ago. No one remembers when the Rockets were the 2nd seed with no Dwight and had like a top 10 defense?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

I feel like the Rockets have at least two players that could easily be the second best scorer for the Thunder. However, I could be overrating Anderson/Gordon while underrating Oladipo.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 29, 2016

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

This would own a lot

It would own OKC and Sam Presti, that's the ownage I see.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I wasn't following the NBA when the Thunder traded Harden, so I have to ask - how the hell did that go down?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I wasn't following the NBA when the Thunder traded Harden, so I have to ask - how the hell did that go down?

They couldn't afford those 3 + Ibaka and he appeared to be the most replaceable piece.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The OKC owners were cheap and dumb and Morey lucked out and gained the whiz kid rep he's been coasting on since.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

E: read it wrong but basically the cap rising the way it did was predicted by no one and they made a choice between serge and Barqs

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spacebump posted:

I feel like the Rockets have at least two players that could easily be the second best scorer for the Thunder. However, I could be overrating Anderson/Gordon while underrating Oladipo.

Gordon definitely could be

Anderson's having a bad year. His 3pt shot is okay but he'd probably have a harder time on the Thunder with no spacing.

e: Is there any real info on who Chalmers is going to sign with? I see a bunch of Cleveland stuff but it looks like fluff.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Metapod posted:

E: read it wrong but basically the cap rising the way it did was predicted by no one and they made a choice between serge and Barqs

OKC offered $54m, Harden wanted like $56m or something and ended up getting $60m out of Houston.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

They gambled on Ibaka being a better player than Harden and they gambled wrong.

Also there are arguments to be made that Harden would have never been able to flourish on a team with two other ball dominant players. Harden definitely did become a better player when the offense ran exclusively through him but what Harden would have been if he stayed on the Thunder is something we will never know.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Salvor_Hardin posted:

They couldn't afford* those 3 + Ibaka and he appeared to be the most replaceable piece.

*Without going into luxury tax.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
The thing about those Thunder teams is that they were already doing shitloads of isos, it was already pretty clear that Harden could run an offense and score in isolation even when he was averaging 15 points or whatever.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

Nobody seems to notice that Lebron is averaging close to a triple double himself, and his team is nearly tied with the best record in NBA

Harden himself is averaging close to a triple double himself

rename Tae to Tae Himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

OKC offered $54m, Harden wanted like $56m or something and ended up getting $60m out of Houston.

Yes I'm aware of what they offered

Paul Zuvella posted:

They gambled on Ibaka being a better player than Harden and they gambled wrong.

Also there are arguments to be made that Harden would have never been able to flourish on a team with two other ball dominant players. Harden definitely did become a better player when the offense ran exclusively through him but what Harden would have been if he stayed on the Thunder is something we will never know.

No they chose the player that filled a more important role

• Locked thread