Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

Having a guy who can shoot like that on the floor for 15-20 minutes a game is really useful. It just is not what the 76ers need at all.

Yeah I guess

I like my hyperbole more tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

WhyteRyce posted:

Sacramento doesn't have much on the books long term. I'm thinking a Cousins, Wall, and Bledsoe reunion in Sacramento ala Miami Heat.

Even if they assembled that team right now while shedding zero assets I don't see any way that team would make it further than a 2nd round exit.

I just don't see a route to Sacramento ever having a competitive team. I'm really not sure how you get out of the hole in the Western Conference unless you win the lottery multiple times like the Clippers and Sonics/Thunder did.

euphronius posted:

Sauce can't defend a dead horse so it's pretty meaningless.

He definitely has his limitations. I'm happy that he's at least become a good heat check guy in the NBA. That's what I thought he would end up being, I really liked him in college.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Metapod posted:

If Russ gets okc to the playoffs and averaged a triple double I don't see how he doesn't win mvp unless Lebron has something close

If the Clippers are the two seed and Chris Paul maintains his performance everyone probably decides it's his finally his turn, right?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Sharparoni posted:

Dear Zogo, may I ask how many of these games Wade has racked up? I am surprised not to see him on the list since he has always been a prodigious shotblocker for a guard.

I hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend.

Thank you Sharparoni, and Christ's blessings to you and yours as we fully enter the holiday season

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Libertine posted:

Even if they assembled that team right now while shedding zero assets I don't see any way that team would make it further than a 2nd round exit.

I just don't see a route to Sacramento ever having a competitive team. I'm really not sure how you get out of the hole in the Western Conference unless you win the lottery multiple times like the Clippers and Sonics/Thunder did.

He definitely has his limitations. I'm happy that he's at least become a good heat check guy in the NBA. That's what I thought he would end up being, I really liked him in college.

Houston, Dallas

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The whole point of creating a Kentucky reunion in Sacramento would ultimately be to entice Davis to join. Boogie, Brow, and Wall would win all the championships

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Time posted:

Houston, Dallas

The Dirk trade with Milwaukee will probably go down in NBA history as the single most one-sided draft steal in NBA history. Their entire team for almost two decades was built around that single move. Maybe the best draft day move ever made.

Houston did win the lottery with Yao and rode that for awhile and then has made some shrewd and excellent moves since then but they haven't won anything significant in over 20 years. They also have never been a truly abysmal team since the early 1980s. Even the bad Rockets rosters were not cellar dwellers.

I don't think you can compare either of their histories with the Kings at all.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Libertine posted:

The Dirk trade with Milwaukee will probably go down in NBA history as the single most one-sided draft steal in NBA history. Their entire team for almost two decades was built around that single move. Maybe the best draft day move ever made.

Houston did win the lottery with Yao and rode that for awhile and then has made some shrewd and excellent moves since then but they haven't won anything significant in over 20 years. They also have never been a truly abysmal team since the early 1980s. Even the bad Rockets rosters were not cellar dwellers.

Bertans for Hill is going to give it a run for it's money.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Libertine posted:

You kind of moved the goalposts. you said get out of the basement. or better than a second round exit. Dallas won the lottery with dirk but was varying levels of bad at times. Good moves to bring in Tyson Chandler et al won them that title in 2011. Houston made it to the WCF with a team that was 100% mercenary signings.

If the bar is "win a title" we have evidence of drafting, trading, and free agency working well as strategies. You can build teams in multiple ways. The one consistent factor is shrewd (and lucky) management. You are right that the kings show no history of that.

edit: bad is the wrong word to describe the Mavs. Maybe not real contenders would be a better way to phrase it.

Time fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 29, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
The west is still somehow better than the east. How?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Bad East teams make the playoffs, giving them non-lottery draft picks, and the cycle continues.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Western teams have, for a while now, better front offices and owners in place. This will probably change in the future.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Trust the Process guys. Soon the 76ers will be a Top 4 seed.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
How'm I supposed to trust the process when the process doesn't even trust itself

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Trust the Process guys. Soon the 76ers will be a Top 4 seed.

*in 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Process is a enormous and handsome Cameroonian. He trusts himself.

Pls update your memes

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Joel Embiid going to a club wearing his own jersey two weeks ago shows he isn't fully confident in his fame yet. But he will get there soon.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I dunno I can understand how one could read it like Embiid using the Judge Dredd phrasing, but I still figure The Process was Hinkie, so it's more like saying that you are Spartacus or Robert Paulson.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

Having a guy who can shoot like that on the floor for 15-20 minutes a game is really useful. It just is not what the 76ers need at all.

Sixers need to bury the statue of the saint of injury prevention in their front yard. They could really use a fast PG and way better wing play but having a piece like Sauce is one of those tiny things that eventually make up a good team, like Kyle Korver on the Hawks a few years back.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jota posted:

Joel Embiid going to a club wearing his own jersey two weeks ago shows he isn't fully confident in his fame yet. But he will get there soon.

Any rookie who screams at Steven Adams "You can't guard me!" is fully confident. He was building his brand.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

EvanTH posted:

How'm I supposed to trust the process when the process doesn't even trust itself

Were you an orphan?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

E2M2 posted:

Bad East teams make the playoffs, giving them non-lottery draft picks, and the cycle continues.

Also the really bad teams in the East see how easy it would be to make the playoffs so they do stuff like sign Greg Monroe or trade for Bargnani.

The Kings missed the perfect chance to turn their franchise around when the Maloofs sold. If Vivek would've shown some basic front office competence and spent some money on better facilities and capabilities like Paul Allen or Steve Ballmer did I think he could've changed how people in the league think of Sacramento. Instead he focused on robot customer service and 4 on 5 defense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

One of those Clipper lottery wins was Kyrie Irving.

God Bless you Baron Davis.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish Ben Simmons would hurry up and get healthy. Sixers games are going to be so fun to watch by the end of the season.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

The Kings missed the perfect chance to turn their franchise around when the Maloofs sold. If Vivek would've shown some basic front office competence and spent some money on better facilities and capabilities like Paul Allen or Steve Ballmer did I think he could've changed how people in the league think of Sacramento. Instead he focused on robot customer service and 4 on 5 defense.

Facilities and non-basketball operations have actually been really outstanding. Even at the old arena they spent money to revamp things. But no one cares if the restaurant has a great decor and amazing service if the steak you ordered is burnt to a crisp

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
One day bison dele will come out of hiding, the kings will be good again, and the Sonics will exist

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The west is still somehow better than the east. How?

Good players want to play on good teams so superstars and ring chasers skew towards signing with West teams.

I wish Durant signed with Boston if only for how much of a talent injection it would have been for the east.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Spacebump posted:

I wish Ben Simmons would hurry up and get healthy. Sixers games are going to be so fun to watch by the end of the season.

How has Saric been?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

One day ... Sonics will exist

They won't :twisted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jack's Flow posted:

How has Saric been?

Not athletic enough yet for the NBA. Good skills otherwise.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Jack's Flow posted:

How has Saric been?

I've only watched 3 or 4 Sixers games this year, but he didn't stand out in any of them. I think he will turn into a useful player, the skill set is there. Lol at all the bad basketball I've watched this season. I need to watch more games involving good teams.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jack's Flow posted:

How has Saric been?

Pretty good. He's still trying to figure out how to finish in the post, but he's a strong rebounder, very good passer, and it looks like he'll shoot ~40% from 3.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

WhyteRyce posted:

Facilities and non-basketball operations have actually been really outstanding. Even at the old arena they spent money to revamp things. But no one cares if the restaurant has a great decor and amazing service if the steak you ordered is burnt to a crisp

But all of that was overshadowed by bad drafting, bad trades, bad coaches, and dumb quotes from Vivek.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He also can't guard anyone

At all

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

But all of that was overshadowed by bad drafting, bad trades, bad coaches, and dumb quotes from Vivek.

Uh, that's what I said. Facilities and non-basketball operation stuff has been very good, don't know why you mentioned that as something they needed to do better

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

The whole point of creating a Kentucky reunion in Sacramento would ultimately be to entice Davis to join. Boogie, Brow, and Wall would win all the championships

Davis didn't play with those guys at Kentucky though.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Mike Conley out for an indefinite period of time with a fracture.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/MyMikeCheck/status/803670020039540736

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Apparently it's the same injury that Tony Romo had. Bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Shoot me in the face with a gun

• Locked thread