Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Tom Gorman posted:

Black Dwarf day is the most bullshit day. I'd rather fight Thanos.

Past a certain point Black Dwarf becomes by far the easiest day of the week. Being weak to energy attacks makes him crumble in under a minute to Proxima, Iron Fist, Supergiant, Sharon Rogers, Dr Strange and others. He just melts before he can do anything but the occasional cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Just used t1 moon knight (uni) w/ she hulk lead to solo SL18 fire relay. The trick was lining up the 4* stun to hit both enemies and then immediately cancelling into his 6*. From there I would use the 2* iframe, 3* iframe, and then his 4* stun and 6* would be up again.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I just used T2 Black Bolt to solo level 12 male hero relay. The trick was mashing all the buttons until they were dead.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Past a certain point Black Dwarf becomes by far the easiest day of the week. Being weak to energy attacks makes him crumble in under a minute to Proxima, Iron Fist, Supergiant, Sharon Rogers, Dr Strange and others. He just melts before he can do anything but the occasional cutscene.

Hmm I still get my poo poo wrecked by him and can only beat him twice. His late game antics crush my characters in the most ridiculous ways.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Dave posted:

Hmm I still get my poo poo wrecked by him and can only beat him twice. His late game antics crush my characters in the most ridiculous ways.

If I had to guess the turning point is probably somewhere around the point where you 6* your second Black Order member. Certainly by the time you have two BO + Strange done. He punishes low damage teams/poor strikers pretty heavily.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dave posted:

Who do you have? I have the following characters who can all crush him before he even gets to "late game": T2 Iron Fist, Proxima, Supergiant, Sharon Rogers, Hellstorm, Dr. Strange, T2 Elsa, Yellowjacket, Loki, T2 Black Bolt, heck even T2 Iron Fist and T2 Ant Man can kill him pretty dead. Once you start building up your roster like that it becomes ridiculously easy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Speaking of that they should up the number of entries from 5 because I could probably get 15 black dwarf kills per week

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

BGrifter posted:

If I had to guess the turning point is probably somewhere around the point where you 6* your second Black Order member. Certainly by the time you have two BO + Strange done. He punishes low damage teams/poor strikers pretty heavily.

I got 5 wins today with:

T2 Sharon Cap (L) / Gamora (fodder) / Jane Foster (fodder) - piece of cake
T2 Elsa (L) / Grimm / Daisy - probably the easiest clear, don't have to tag out Elsa
T2 Moon Knight / Deathlok (L) / Spidey - never in danger but won with the clock ticking out
-------
T2 Carnage/ Hyperion (L) / Gwenpool - everything looks like it's smooth sailing until spin to win and invincible Carnage gets stunned. I died a dozen times and suddenly won flawlessly.
Floki / Ronan (L) / Groot - this took about 20 tries and had me angry

My roster isn't big after picking up the game after a long hiatus. I can 5/5 regular Thanos and 3/5 iThanos but Black Dwarf gives me fits because my B teams just get jibbed. Not that T2 Carnage is "B" but I don't even get wrecked like that vs. iThanos.

I don't have a BO maxed yet, been putting all those resources into Strange. I'm 900 BAM away from finishing the quest (Clea is ready). I've neglected a lot of leveling in lieu of Strange so if that makes a daily 5/5 easier then it's worthwhile.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 29, 2016

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Tom Gorman posted:

I got 5 wins today with:

T2 Elsa (L) / Grimm / Daisy - probably the easiest clear, don't have to tag out Elsa
T2 Moon Knight / Deathlok (L) / Spidey - never in danger but won with the clock ticking out
-------
T2 Carnage/ Hyperion (L) / Gwenpool - everything looks like it's smooth sailing until spin to win and invincible Carnage gets stunned. I died a dozen times and suddenly won flawlessly.

My roster isn't big after picking up the game after a long hiatus. I can 5/5 regular Thanos and 3/5 iThanos without a sweat. Black Dwarf gives me fits because my B teams just get jibbed.

I don't have a BO maxed yet, been putting all those resources into Strange. I'm 900 BAM away from finishing the quest (Clea is ready) so hopefully it's worth it.

Yeah it eventually looks something like this:

1) Thanos (L), Thor, Sif - 25 seconds
2) Dr. Strange (L), Clea, Wiccan - 15 seconds
3) Star Lord (L), Sharon Rodgers T2, Agent 13 - 16 seconds
4) Ronan (L), Proxima Midnight, Captain America - 20 seconds
5) Black Bolt (L), Iron Fist T2, Daisy - 24 seconds

Strikers being some mix of Proxima, Corvus, Hyperion, SR, Moon Knight, Dr. Strange

It gets to the point where if you ever take more than a minute to kill a BO (minus Thanos) with any team, you'll consider it a personal failure.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Also Corvus because he spends like 45 seconds cutscening and resurrecting

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Sort of okay with The Ebony Maw taking a while too, at least from a personal achievement standpoint, because he can decide to enter an iFrame attack during your windup safely, such that you whiff a lot of big hits. He's still not that hard, luck can swing a near one-shot to kind of a slog. Unless of course those iFrame attacks are technically just dodges that you can defeat with ignore. That would revolutionize The Ebony Maw for me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

RangerScum posted:

Yeah it eventually looks something like this:

1) Thanos (L), Thor, Sif - 25 seconds
2) Dr. Strange (L), Clea, Wiccan - 15 seconds
3) Star Lord (L), Sharon Rodgers T2, Agent 13 - 16 seconds
4) Ronan (L), Proxima Midnight, Captain America - 20 seconds
5) Black Bolt (L), Iron Fist T2, Daisy - 24 seconds

Strikers being some mix of Proxima, Corvus, Hyperion, SR, Moon Knight, Dr. Strange

It gets to the point where if you ever take more than a minute to kill a BO (minus Thanos) with any team, you'll consider it a personal failure.

Yeah I'm getting close on 6* Thanos. Everything but iThanos is easily a sub-60 second kill. Today I went with:

Ancient One/Dr Strange/Clea
Star Lord/T2 Sharon Rogers/Captain America
Ronan/Proxima Midnight/Corvus
War Wolf/Daisy/T2 Iron Fist
Black Bolt/Supergiant/Black Panther

On non-Black Dwarf days Carnage usually takes the place of Supergiant. Some days I go T2 Elsa/Corvus/Black Bolt for variety. Most often when I mix it up it's just to keep things from getting too tedious. Some days I do the whole kill with T2 Elsa just for something different.

Oh and my strikers are some mix of Proxima/Corvus/Supergiant/Dr Strange/T2 Iron Fist/T2 Elsa/T2 Hyperion/T2 Sharon Rogers.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I find my best striker team is Proxima, Supergiant, Dr. Strange, T2 Sharon, and either Ancient One or T2 Wiccan, does anyone know if the 10% leadership striker bonus on Ancient One and Sharon stacks?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Tom Gorman posted:

I got 5 wins today with:

-------

My roster isn't big after picking up the game after a long hiatus. I can 5/5 regular Thanos and 3/5 iThanos but Black Dwarf gives me fits because my B teams just get jibbed. Not that T2 Carnage is "B" but I don't even get wrecked like that vs. iThanos.

I don't have a BO maxed yet, been putting all those resources into Strange. I'm 900 BAM away from finishing the quest (Clea is ready). I've neglected a lot of leveling in lieu of Strange so if that makes a daily 5/5 easier then it's worthwhile.

Wha....what are these teams....I am so confused :psyduck:

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
My 5 teams of the day (leader first) :

1) Bae team. She hulk, Glenpool, and Kamala.

2) Team Raccattack. Starlord, Sharon, and Greywords.

3) Team based off the hit documentary, The 13th. Carnage, 69 himself, and Daredevil.

4) Team Universal Solider. Ronan, Superbowl, and Proxima.

5) Team P.Y.M.P. Needs no explanation.

Support team is a combination of She hulk, Proxima, Supergiant, Strange, Sharon, bumble bee.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah the secret with Black Dwarf is to overwhelm him with dps, that's it. Once you realise that this world is an illusion and get 5 T2 strikers, you ascend to an existence where Black Dwarf is a total joke.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Gibbering Madness posted:

2) Team Raccattack. Starlord, Sharon, and Greywords.

You use me! Even if it's just for stats, you use me! :love:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Chronicles of Keke NETMARBU. 11/28/16 Edish

Reached a new form today

Random Encounters of the 3rd Kind

Slaughtered my opposition. Bet they deleted the game after that slaycation

Just getting my pet racon ready for the Westminster Dog Show

Just living out my truth men

Regular rear end day. One button wonder. UNLEASH...THE NEW PATCH-CHAN

hey I am guest starring

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Who do you have? I have the following characters who can all crush him before he even gets to "late game": T2 Iron Fist, Proxima, Supergiant, Sharon Rogers, Hellstorm, Dr. Strange, T2 Elsa, Yellowjacket, Loki, T2 Black Bolt, heck even T2 Iron Fist and T2 Ant Man can kill him pretty dead. Once you start building up your roster like that it becomes ridiculously easy.

These are my dudes. I get two easy wins with energy buff + IF and Sharon.

My Elsa is probably just a couple of days from T2. Also working on T2ing Black Bolt and Throot. Need more gold to master Proxima's fifth star and focusing on Yellow Jacket as my next six star. I have 2-3 six star tickets now just not compelled to use them on anyone.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Chronicles of Keke NETMARBU. 11/28/16 Edish

Reached a new form today

Random Encounters of the 3rd Kind]

Shiiiiit, if I had been paying attention to co-op (lol who does that) I would've shouted catchphrases at you. Opportunity missed :(

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Ramadu posted:

Wha....what are these teams....I am so confused :psyduck:

It's mostly my 6* squad. I don't have a ton of mastered guys yet.

It doesn't matter who I stick with Sharon or Elsa, they can solo it. Deathlok for the leadership with MK, Hyperion for lead with Carnage, and Floki/Ronan/Groot is pretty standard. I have Sir Lord but held him back to use with YJ in case I got frustrated with Loki because the drat bleeds go through shields.

also note that I didn't actually farm Gamora. way back in the early days I got some free gift box (3-6* hero or something) and she popped out at 6*. Thanks Netmarble.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 29, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I decided to start over because I hadn't spent any money, only had a couple weeks invested, and had a team cobbled together of freaks and idiots. So this time I chose Sharon as my first 6 star and at the end of the week will choose Loki. I'm also doing Hero's Growth instead of Journey so I can choose the next one I get up to 6 I guess? I'm thinking Kamala because I like her and she's apparently good. Is there someone else I should go with? I'm dumping the random biometrics I get into Hellstrom because he wears red leather pants and no shirt just like me.

For instance on my screwing up I had a 2 star Loki and used a 6 star selector on him but I guess that doesn't give you enough biometrics to actually get him up to 6 stars for some reason. I had to use a 6 star ticket I got from the She-Hulk event to get him up there. So this time I'm just not going to recruit him and use the selector.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 29, 2016

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The selector lets you go from not having a character to having them at 6*, but if you HAVE the character at all it'll just give you a bunch of bios that won't be enough to 6* them. It's kinda dumb and a weird new player trap, since it's basically the only time you get a selector like that. Tickets are different -- a 6* ticket lets you go from 5* -> 6* for free (saving 320 bios) while a MEGA ticket lets you go from 1* -> 6* for free but you do have to have the character recruited.

If you can recruit carnage or hyperion from new player stuff I say do it because it means you could drop a mega-6 on them if you wanted at some point. I don't have either of them unlocked and the only way for me to get them would be to spend 10 buckaroos on the monthly selector. The fact that you can get them as new player rewards is news to me.

Kamala is good, especially since she can solo a shadowlands stage. Being able to get up to stage 5 in SL is a big deal, and having Sharon, Loki, and Kamala means you should be able to get up to 3. Hellstrom is apparently a good choice even if I haven't had much luck with him yet? I dunno I might be playing him wrong.

Oh and remember your free selector from losing a mission.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

NmareBfly posted:

Oh and remember your free selector from losing a mission.

Yeah I used that on Iron Fist. I plan to do a lot of fisting.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
I just got a Dodge +24.6, Dodge +16.9 and invincible for 3 sec below 50%. This seems good. Now who would it be best on?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Eh, my teams, middle is the character I use the most in the lineup

Daisy (L) / Iron Fist/ WW
Ronan (L) / Proxima / Throot
Elsa (L) / Carnage / GR
Ancient One (L) / Sharon Rogers / Grimm
Clea (L) / Songbird / Silk

Daisy's team is the usual "power up IF and punch a dude"
I have Throot with Proxima just for the healing
Elsa and AO are obvious, buff the heavy hitter for an even faster kill

Strikers are the most appropriate and not in the main team of IF, Proxima, Sharon, AO, Supergiant, GR, Carnage

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
can't wait til i can use these 40000000000 purple norns

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I need the patch notes asap you stupid KEKEKEKEKE KYUKUUUUUU KYUKUKUKYKYUUUUUUU widdle baby netmarbu monster.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I need the patch notes asap you stupid KEKEKEKEKE KYUKUUUUUU KYUKUKUKYKYUUUUUUU widdle baby netmarbu monster.

Not until you finish your leftovers (or get up to whale level 14)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Going to 11 to 14 would cost almost triple what he's put into the game so far.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The Dave posted:

These are my dudes. I get two easy wins with energy buff + IF and Sharon.

My Elsa is probably just a couple of days from T2. Also working on T2ing Black Bolt and Throot. Need more gold to master Proxima's fifth star and focusing on Yellow Jacket as my next six star. I have 2-3 six star tickets now just not compelled to use them on anyone.

I think you could get a Loki kill without too much difficulty, and also when you T2 Elsa Black Dwarf will be fairly easy if you just spam her 6* skill and run around when immunity is down. When you get your Proxima to 6 stars that could be an easy 5th kill of the week. A decently geared Yellowjacket and also T2 Black Bolt should be able to deal with him well enough, too.

If you're willing to work a bit harder on timing and trying again and again, you could probably get a win with some combo of T2 Silk, T2 Songbird, Throot, and Vision I guess

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks for the insights, actually T2ed Elsa this morning!

I only have two T2 tickets left, hopefully they pass them out more when the Asgard update goes out.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Interim Report 2!

CM NightNurse posted:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

We have once again peered into the future, and this time have been rewarded with different sights than before. It seems that our efforts to prepare our Agents for the battles ahead has had a somewhat positive effect on the future. It still doesn’t look like we’re completely in the clear, but here we are, looking at something a little more positive. Which means we can now give more information on what is to come!

1: New Locations Discovered.

It seems that the desolate location we saw in the last vision, has been replaced with a resplendent sight. We peered before into a desolate Asgard, but this time we can see it in all it’s glory. With Odin on the throne, this place looks indestructible. We can not fathom how it ended up like it did in the previous vision.

We also witnessed another area. Much hotter, much more violent surroundings than Asgard. Although my Asgardian knowledge is weak, the flames and the lava would definitely suggest that it is Muspelheim, the home of eternal fire. Let us hope that we have adequate fire protection before setting any foot in this realm.

2: Hooded Figure

In our previous report, we showed a picture of a mysterious hooded figure that we found standing in the ruins of his former home. We returned to the location this time to see if we could snap a better picture, however all we found was his equipment storage. The man was nowhere to be seen, however we did discover what looks to be his battle garb. Can you help us identify this shadowy figure?

3: Another (poorly taken) photo.

Another report, and another poor quality photo by our scouts. We are looking into shielding the camera from radiation which is what we assume is causing these issues. But we still need to show you the image, and the pure radiance of the image conveys a very regal appearance. We have to say, who ever this guy (or gal) is, they are looking pretty good.

4: New Material

This last one, we are not sure as to if we should be adding this to the report, but it was discovered so we feel that we should. There seems to be some new material that found its way back with us as we traveled back to our own timeline. It’s metallic in nature, but we are not sure of its purpose. Once again, we will investigate further and let you know more in the days to come.

Once again Agent, thank you for taking the time to attend this briefing, and we are hoping that the information contained in this report is satisfactory for your preparation!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Unworthy Thor costume, called it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Unworthy Thor CHARACTER.

Hype levels reaching critical mass. Bring me what I crave my keke gods.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh, the silhouette is Papa Thor.

Odin

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Can't wait to team up Odinson and Odindad.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

Can't wait to team up Odinson and Odindad.

With one of OdinBastardChildren.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I for one can't wait to get start grinding out uru.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clawtopsy posted:

Unworthy Thor costume, called it.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Unworthy Thor CHARACTER.

Not sure which of you is right, there are other costumes that change equipment names/art so that wouldn't be too out of line, though it would be weird to hype him that way unless it was just to confirm "Yep, you can stop speculating it's redhood/Cloak 20XX/whatever" but "Literally the same character, but later in their arc" getting a different character would be weirder.

• Locked thread