Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vitamean
May 31, 2012

The "Redeem DLC" button wouldn't work for me until I went into the settings and selected the platform I preferred. After that I hit the button and the codes were sent to me immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Moldy Taxes posted:

The "Redeem DLC" button wouldn't work for me until I went into the settings and selected the platform I preferred. After that I hit the button and the codes were sent to me immediately.

I already had my platform selected, and it tells me "Your codes have been sent to your email." But it lies.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Looks and runs a bit shite on the regular PS4, doesn't it?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Steve2911 posted:

Looks pretty good to me, some textures look a bit dodgy but that's about it. It also runs at a solid 30 fps but feels a bit choppy because the frame pacing is all over the place.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Steve2911 posted:

I won't be able to play it until next week and my brother told me the same thing. That for how long the game took to make it looks like poo poo and is kinda inexcusable.

But OTOH, he at least said its stupid but fun. I'm staying away from videos and streams so I'm in the dark about just how well it runs and looks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

That for how long the game took to make it looks like poo poo and is kinda inexcusable.

They were not literally working on the game for ten years.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Schwartzcough posted:

Did you try redeeming through your PS4 as opposed to through the PS Store website? Someone was saying earlier it worked for them.

I hit the "redeem DLC" button like 7 hours ago and still haven't gotten my e-mail.

I tried both and neither work. PS4 says the code has already been redeemed. Amazon sent me two codes for the Roadtrip and I gave GreenBuckanneer the one I didn't use. I'm trying to see if both codes Amazon sent me seeded the same DLC codes, but that doesn't make any sense. The most worrying thing is that the PS4 store doesn't error out as the code being incorrect, but being already redeemed. I'll keep trying but I hope SE support just sends me new codes.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Whoever designed the Leviathan fight should be fired. That poo poo was fuckin' terrible, how did anybody think that was acceptable.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

ImpAtom posted:

They were not literally working on the game for ten years.

Yeah, I know, but my brother has no idea that FF 13 Versus was ever a thing. He just knows its taken a long time to be released.

This is all something that will be interesting to discuss in a month or so. Once lots of people have played through 15 and have more behind the scenes info. (If we ever learn any more)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Looks fine to me. The hyper realistic style sometimes makes things look goofy but besides that it looks fine. What's bugging you?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The Carbuncle thing shows up in the tutorial with whatever name you gave it. IDK if there's more

I completely forgot about this, so when I started the game and all the other pre-order bonus messages and stuff were popping up, I got one that was like "Because you played Platinum Demo, Tim will join you!" and I was wondering who the gently caress "Tim" was.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what joins you? i didnt play the demo. can i speedrun it to get TIM while the patch is downloading?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Carbuncle or whatever.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wow I can't wait to get to Altissia and meet my beautiful bride and have a lot of fun with my best friends BLARGH

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Skeezy posted:

The Carbuncle or whatever.

whats it do i didnt play the demo

Pryce
May 21, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

I tried both and neither work. PS4 says the code has already been redeemed. Amazon sent me two codes for the Roadtrip and I gave GreenBuckanneer the one I didn't use. I'm trying to see if both codes Amazon sent me seeded the same DLC codes, but that doesn't make any sense. The most worrying thing is that the PS4 store doesn't error out as the code being incorrect, but being already redeemed. I'll keep trying but I hope SE support just sends me new codes.

Are you sure those multiple emails you got didn't have the exact same codes in them? I accidentally clicked the "Redeem Codes" button twice, and got two emails in a row, but they both had the exact same set of 3 codes in them. I think you may have given away your actual code, not an extra.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The R1+R3 targeting thing was really rustling my jimmies for some reason when I played before work today. Has anyone tried the other control schemes to see if they work any better?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Okay so now that I've played for a bit, Noct is Vincent Chase, Gladiolus is Drama, Prompto is Turtle and Ignis is E.

Also did not expect to hear "Stand by me" in a Final Fantasy game :stare: but it does kinda fit.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I just got my copy. The thank you note inside the box is really sweet :unsmith:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Terper posted:

Wow I can't wait to get to Altissia and meet my beautiful bride and have a lot of fun with my best friends BLARGH

:lol:

Perfect

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Prompto

buddy

you should be fighting not taking pictures

cmon man

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Pryce posted:

Are you sure those multiple emails you got didn't have the exact same codes in them? I accidentally clicked the "Redeem Codes" button twice, and got two emails in a row, but they both had the exact same set of 3 codes in them. I think you may have given away your actual code, not an extra.

They all had the same codes. I meant Amazon gave me an extra code to make a Roadtrip account. I registered one, went through the games, then gave the other code for Roadtrip away. So I don't know if or why the two different Amazon codes would allow two separate Roadtrip accounts but give duplicate DLC codes? That doesn't sound right to me. Each Amazon code should make a unique Roadtrip account, and the codes generated from the Roadtrip account should also be unique.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It's going to take 5 hours to download that 9GB patch :negative:

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know why the Jumbo flan hunt refuses to show up at any time of day or night, because I'm beginning to take this personally.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
I had a few hunts not spawn properly. Saving and restarting the game always fixed it.

Annoying as gently caress, but not the end of the world

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Does anyone know why the Jumbo flan hunt refuses to show up at any time of day or night, because I'm beginning to take this personally.

The jumbo flan mission was night only for me. I walked to the tower/yellow marker on the minimap and he spawned out of the ground. Only happens after 8 or 9. If you're in the yellow mission area you might need to step outside the area and reenter after 8.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

MrLonghair posted:

Final trailer extended cut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zO5UGNo07c
A good bit of new cool as hell footage

I just want to say that the narrator for this video sounds like Mr. SpeaknSpell

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
uhhhh get married or stay fishing, i spent all the gil i earned on tackle

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
My game crashed after I tried to open the map. Not a full crash cause music is playing, but I can't .. do.. anything except see a black screen?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Terper posted:

This is the best feature Square Enix ever came up with, Prompto is a treasure.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I must say, I wish they'd made the DLC sword a skin or something instead of a weapon that is completely and utterly outclassed by a sword you find on the ground in the first 30 minutes of the game, because it looks pretty neat.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Steve2911 posted:

Uh, no

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Orange and Cream, ugh, who signed off on this?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I must say, I wish they'd made the DLC sword a skin or something instead of a weapon that is completely and utterly outclassed by a sword you find on the ground in the first 30 minutes of the game, because it looks pretty neat.

What weapon would that be?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15: wow check out these fukken badass doing badass stuff yeah! Oh wait they dead, time to push a car in the desert lol!

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Must be the Masamune?

If it really does suck, then maybe its like the Excalipoor and is a lovely weak version.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What weapon would that be?

The Blade of Bandersnatch or whatever it's called that you can find at treasure points.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ok wtf

wait mode has special upgrades?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SquirrelGrip posted:

ok wtf

wait mode has special upgrades?

Yes, that was added in the day 1 patch

quote:

Below are examples of Wait Mode-exclusive abilities added to Ability Call to improve the Wait Mode experience:

Libra Speed Increase: By using Libra you can obtain information more quickly.
Wait Gauge Recovery: The Wait Gauge will recover upon defeating an enemy.
Surprise Attack Shift Break: When Shift Breaking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
Final Blow Shift Break: When Shift Breaking to an enemy with less than half HP, the damage multiplier will increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Okay I wasn't sold on the whole "road trip" thing but having Ignis chauffeur me around automatically while I chill and watch the countryside roll by and listen to the FF7 soundtrack and then listen as my buddies chirp in and make fun of each other... it works. Really well.

Game is very slick. Love how non-linear it is (gently caress you FF13) love that there's no random encounters whatsoever (gently caress you 13) the graphics are fantastic and the UI seems pretty smartly done, with some nice throwbacks to classic final fantasy, like the 16-bit character sprites on the equipment purchase screen.

Enjoying it a lot so far!

Skeezy posted:

It's going to take 5 hours to download that 9GB patch :negative:

Plug in your PS4 if you can, wired will go faster than wireless.

• Locked thread