Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
steve would have personally fired every single person involved with ical before he would have allowed an issue big enough to make the new york times go unfixed

i wonder if tim is getting the message yet that he actually has to run the business and monitor the work being done and can't just focus on what celeb he'll invite to the next keynote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
it's too bad Steve didn't take the medicine

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Stymie posted:

steve would have personally fired every single person involved with ical before he would have allowed an issue big enough to make the new york times go unfixed

i wonder if tim is getting the message yet that he actually has to run the business and monitor the work being done and can't just focus on what celeb he'll invite to the next keynote

he probably didn't get the message because he's on his way to 🈲🈵100% RAYBAND TIME. it is in his calendar after all

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

he probably didn't get the message because he's on his way to 🈲🈵100% RAYBAND TIME. it is in his calendar after all

Lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I sync my iPhone with Google Calendar. Google. The secure choice.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Shaggar posted:

don't you have to have an icloud email account to get them?

No. I don't even use iCloud for anything except contacts. The calendar invites are addressed to my gmail, but only show up in iCloud calendar and don't go to Google at all(??). Maybe there's a Chinese Apple employee selling access to iCloud caldav infrastructure.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bone app the teeth posted:

if its this bad for apple products what must the windows side be like?!

very good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

emoji posted:

No. I don't even use iCloud for anything except contacts. The calendar invites are addressed to my gmail, but only show up in iCloud calendar and don't go to Google at all(??). Maybe there's a Chinese Apple employee selling access to iCloud caldav infrastructure.

lol that rules

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

pretty sure at this point spam is so cheap and easy to send they don't give a poo poo

It's easier to sell known good contact info though.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah and since its confined to icloud you know they're an easy mark

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i use icloud calendar but not icloud mail and haven't had any problems with calendar spam

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

microsoft is far better at making useable web services and web apps than they are at making e.g. phones :ssh:

ufarn
May 30, 2009

windows 10 refuses to let you access your calendar without crashes or bugs, so you won't be bothered by spam notification

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I can access my calendar fine on windows 10. I can also delete calendar invites w/out sending notifications. its pretty sad you have to lie about it to make you feel better about your fail aids apple software.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
icloud calendar is mostly
good but only thing i wish is that i could turn off notifications on my phone for certain tags/groups etc

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

is the 8 gonna have a headphone jack

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Puppy Galaxy posted:

sometimes it takes courage to admit a mistake

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Also its been a few months and I still hate pressing Home to unlock instead of swiping. it always takes extra presses and i accidentally open apple pay at least 70% of the time.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

settings > general > accessibility > home button > rest finger to open

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wait did they seriously remove swipe to open?

i thought that was a joke because touchid is a joke

lol forever

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

hi friends, im thinking of selling my '14 MBPr 15-inch for the new MBPr with the touchbar. is it even worth it? the upgraded GPU is p cool, but i feel like everything else is kinda the same minus form factor. I use it for light gaming and mostly programming

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Yakattak posted:

hi friends, im thinking of selling my '14 MBPr 15-inch for the new MBPr with the touchbar. is it even worth it? the upgraded GPU is p cool, but i feel like everything else is kinda the same minus form factor. I use it for light gaming and mostly programming

what's your opinion on Dongles

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Stymie posted:

wait did they seriously remove swipe to open?

i thought that was a joke because touchid is a joke

lol forever

touch ID is great and the last good thing apple did

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
ever since installing ios 10 i accidentally activate voice control at least once a day and it's awful. naturally you can't turn it off because apple knows best

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

settings > siri > allow hey siri

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Puppy Galaxy posted:

touch ID is great and the last good thing apple did

touchid was a canary in the coal mine

hyped beyond belief, functionally broken and unable to be corrected, and then shoved into every device whether it was appropriate or not

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Stymie posted:

hyped beyond belief, functionally broken and unable to be corrected, and then shoved into every device whether it was appropriate or not

it worked pretty well for unlocking your phone before they broke it imo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
friendly reminder to not engage with, peer at, disturb, mangle, or otherwise spindle the stymie

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

it worked pretty well for unlocking your phone before they broke it imo

that's really true for ios in general.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Yakattak posted:

get a refurb '15

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I love my dead gay operating system

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

THC posted:

settings > siri > allow hey siri

that's unrelated. pressing the home button too long is what causes problems for me

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh well just don't press it that way. not a big deal

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Yakattak posted:

where have you been

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

graph posted:

where have you been

school and work took a lot of my time sadly

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Stymie posted:

I am sorry about your sweaty fingers

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

THC posted:

oh well just don't press it that way. not a big deal

touchid takes a wildly inconsistent amount of time to actually unlock the phone

also my phone restarts when I unlock it once or twice a day

ios 10 is such a pile of garbage

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The Touch ID on my 7 works way better than my 6 did. Don't have much trouble despite my hilariously sweaty/greasy fingers. Still can't get used to the no slide to unlock thing, but I'm trying to embrace the suck.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

its gonna have wireless charging, so maybe it won't even have a lightning jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy