Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Sky Force Reloaded ID is 01 70 23 70

Add plz and thx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So uh, what do you do in Burrito Bison once you unlock both recipes? It just kind of keeps going without any change except the wall getting harder and its weird as hell if the number of recipes only fill half the slots.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

the auschwitz diet posted:

I don't really know what friends are for in this game but this seems like the thing to do? 41 69 34 38

That was a lot of numbers to type in, why do developers insist on this nonsense
It originally used Google Play Games integration but it turns out that is basically completely broken and Google haven't touched it for a year or whatever to fix any of the problems. It's also awkward as gently caress because you have to add people via Google+. There's even the amazing feature of a "recommended people" screen in the Play Games app that suggests people you might like to follow / play with but then doesn't actually provide any way to add these people to your friend list or follow them or do anything. It's just a list of random people and what games they like.

So basically the answer to your question is because Google.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

xanthan posted:

So uh, what do you do in Burrito Bison once you unlock both recipes? It just kind of keeps going without any change except the wall getting harder and its weird as hell if the number of recipes only fill half the slots.

Nothing, the game ends there and there are only two recipes despite having four slots. I was bummed to find that out and uninstalled once I got the first recipe. Was fun while it lasted though!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
So I logged out of Skyforce and now it wont log into google play anymore, any advice so I can add a bunch of you nerds as friends?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
throwback, but I just upgraded phones and can't seem to find a way to transfer my soda dungeon save. Is anyone still playing or does anyone know a way to do this? The developer claims on the Reddit that their publisher won't let them do it, but some posts imply there is a workaround.

I recently started playing again while working on a boring project, but if I can't move my save I'll probably give it up for good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

throwback, but I just upgraded phones and can't seem to find a way to transfer my soda dungeon save. Is anyone still playing or does anyone know a way to do this? The developer claims on the Reddit that their publisher won't let them do it, but some posts imply there is a workaround.

I recently started playing again while working on a boring project, but if I can't move my save I'll probably give it up for good.

Based on the devs saying it can't be done, but players saying there's a workaround, it probably involves rooting, and manually moving the save data.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I used this app called Helium when I was transferring phones, it worked pretty well (root not required):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Final Fantasy V is $7.99

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Final fantasy 5 is my favorite of the ff in terms of gameplay. The class system is amazingly well done. All of the class are viable, though some are just overpowered. There are ton of ways to play the game. You can switch class and never be gimped by past job choices.

Every year there is a charity event that gets its own thread. It is always blast, I recommend it after you beat the game.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Away all Goats posted:

I used this app called Helium when I was transferring phones, it worked pretty well (root not required):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

Thanks. I'll give that a try tomorrow and report my results. This new Pixel is 100x better than my old note 4 (even though I've gone back to a smallphone) so either way I am glad I upgraded.

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha

Big Ink posted:

25033. GoonShot[SA].
Snipers vs. Thieves

What level do we need to be to join the cartel?

Kid fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 27, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Do any of you play Grow Castle? It's like a wave defense/idle/incremental game thing. At some point you can made a guild and do something with it but it's a shitload of gold.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Len posted:

Do any of you play Grow Castle? It's like a wave defense/idle/incremental game thing. At some point you can made a guild and do something with it but it's a shitload of gold.

I tried it but it doesn't have offline progress which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I tried it but it doesn't have offline progress which suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

I wish it did. I've just been plugging my phone in and letting it idle on the main screen because between the colonies and the town you make decent money that way but it would be nice if it had offline.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Kid posted:

Snipers vs. Thieves

What level do we need to be to join the cartel?

The game requires you be level 12 at minimum. Nothing I can do about that but it's quick and easy to get there.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism
Sky Force just bugged out and gave me someone else's save file or something, I had 40 more levels in everything and another 5 stages of progression when I opened it this afternoon, anyone have any suggestions?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Just got skyforce, my ID is 11 70 61 97

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Sky Force just bugged out and gave me someone else's save file or something, I had 40 more levels in everything and another 5 stages of progression when I opened it this afternoon, anyone have any suggestions?

Contact support? Reinstall it? Turn it off and on again?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It did this to me, too. Gave me a shitload of points and stuff. I had only put a few hours into it then so I went in the options and hit the "reset all progress" button. A fun side effect of the bug is that even if you reset your progress, the game servers will still hold on to your big (buggy) high score. So I still have a high score of like 14 million despite never properly reaching even 1 million :v:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Why is every android dev incompetent with save files? I transferred my data for Sailor Moon Drops and it worked fine for a few hours, then suddenly said "user invalid, data will be deleted" and actually deleted my data. From both devices. What the gently caress?
Ymbab didn't sync with my play account either. Nor did euchre 3d sync my cheevos.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone know why Dragon Quest 8 from Amazon App store is just hanging on "downloading" and has been that way apparently for weeks? I forgot I told it to download until I was trying to figure out what appstore I have The Room Two in and saw it was still just hanging out. I don't see a cancel button either

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Len posted:

Anyone know why Dragon Quest 8 from Amazon App store is just hanging on "downloading" and has been that way apparently for weeks? I forgot I told it to download until I was trying to figure out what appstore I have The Room Two in and saw it was still just hanging out. I don't see a cancel button either

Do you have it set to only download when you are on wifi?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

NPR Journalizard posted:

Do you have it set to only download when you are on wifi?

Yes I do just double checked

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Also, Helium worked for both soda dungeon and euchre 3d, though it's a pain in the butt to set up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amazon can install other things. But this is just hanging although now it says download paused.

Edit: signed out of the app and back in and now it's out of that state so problem solved I guess?

Len fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 28, 2016

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
Skyforce: 21 68 86 30

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Skyforce got the Christmas update.

Daily Christmas Gifts. A Christmas tournament map.
Recommended friends which includes people who added you, and Facebook integration.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I'm Skyforcin' 91 64 84 06

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I was wondering why I was getting absolutely demolished in level 10 normal and then I realized I only have like tier 1 and a half health and play with a -10% health ship. Not every run needs to be a no damage run. :downs:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I played a bit of Skyforce but uninstalled a while ago. What benefit does the friend code system have? Leaderboards and stuff?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Is there something I'm missing about Skyforce? Everyone seems to be going crazy over it, and I found it to be a boring basic top down shooter with lovely controls.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Is there something I'm missing about Skyforce? Everyone seems to be going crazy over it, and I found it to be a boring basic top down shooter with lovely controls.

Same

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anyone got any recommendations for racing games? I liked Asphalt 8: Airborne till the amount of ads thrown at me got too much. I like to be able to turn corners, so CSR2 is out.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Have you tried both control schemes?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

hooah posted:

Have you tried both control schemes?

Yeah and they were both clunky and hard to control. I mean I'm sure I could get used to it and get proficient, but the gameplay is so aggressively bland that I don't care to.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I played a bit of Skyforce but uninstalled a while ago. What benefit does the friend code system have? Leaderboards and stuff?

Yeah you can compare high scores with your buddies. ALSO, you get to send and receive free gifts and whatnot.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

NPR Journalizard posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for racing games? I liked Asphalt 8: Airborne till the amount of ads thrown at me got too much. I like to be able to turn corners, so CSR2 is out.

Horizon Chase is a great homage to 90s arcade racers.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah and they were both clunky and hard to control. I mean I'm sure I could get used to it and get proficient, but the gameplay is so aggressively bland that I don't care to.

:agreed:
The controls are extremely lovely, I'd rather have directional keys or something honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I think you skyforce haters just don't like this kind of game. I can't think of a more intuitive control system for a bullet hell game on a tablet.

Edit: Gamevil's latest game which looks like a rpg with a slingshot mechanic just got launched. Knight Slinger