Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Ok I took everybody's suggestions and came up with dual cast cheat mode Refia 2.0:

She now has three HP+15% materia alongside her dual cast. With the muscle belts, she should be less squishy.

Dat's a good healer yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Cartoon Man posted:

Ok I took everybody's suggestions and came up with dual cast cheat mode Refia 2.0:

She now has three HP+15% materia alongside her dual cast. With the muscle belts, she should be less squishy.

:colbert:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Her dualcast curaja is hitting for 3,000 to 3200 HP a character.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Great minds think alike!

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

I added the two people on the last page that posted their ids. My id is 217 745 236 if anyone wants to add me. 10 open right now. I only have a poo poo level 70 CoD though. I may go through and add people from the google doc eventually, but I'm not at the point where I'm trying to get carried through content.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Her dualcast curaja is hitting for 3,000 to 3200 HP a character.

Dualcast Curaja really is magnificent.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
What we need is for there to be a rod or mace that has some SPR attached so you can ditch one HP +15% for a heavy shield use. A possible 20%+ boost to DEF is probably better than the 15% to base health for not-dying purposes, but not worth it losing that much SPR.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
what team should i be rollin with now, afaik the non poo poo units i have are;

agrias
arc x 2
refia x 2
CoD x 2
Ex death
Bartz
Krile?
Faris?
Ingus?
Kaine?
Garland?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Hey Shmtur and shark tower do you guys mind opening up a spot on your friends for me?

Hardbody fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 30, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

SquirrelGrip posted:

what team should i be rollin with now, afaik the non poo poo units i have are;

CoD, ExDeath, Agrias, Refia, Bartz. Could swap Bartz for the other CoD as well. Ideally you'd want a Cecil or some other tank in there instead of either of them, especially for the recent challenge content.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 30, 2016

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Scrublord Prime posted:

It's dumb and don't grind for it unless you really want to min/max (and have a macro to do so). I've been playing since about launch and I only have one character close to hitting their lv2 limit break through normal play, barring Cecil who I got at 3*s and fed a bunch of limit burst pots to.
I've been playing for a week and Rain/Lasswell both have Level 3 limit breaks. Autoing explorations with 2* units goes a long way.

If you have a character you're planning to ascend and they're close to the next level of limit break, you should almost definitely grind it out. My Cloud of Death was something like 20 short of her level 2, and when I evolved her, the experience stayed - but it transfers point for point, not percentage-wise. So she was 280/300 to level 2, and now a day later she's 442/750 to level 2.

fake edit: also, lasswell is the worst character, my god

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

What we need is for there to be a rod or mace that has some SPR attached so you can ditch one HP +15% for a heavy shield use. A possible 20%+ boost to DEF is probably better than the 15% to base health for not-dying purposes, but not worth it losing that much SPR.

I'm confused. My Refia has magi staff and heavy shield equipped, why would you need a rod or mace? She's rocking equip shield, dualcast, stona, and melody of life, plus magi staff, flame shield, mystery veil, minerva bustier, 2x muscle belt.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hey girl you up posted:

I've been playing for a week and Rain/Lasswell both have Level 3 limit breaks. Autoing explorations with 2* units goes a long way.

Not sure why you're doing this but you probably should stop, or swap to more meaningful characters. There's no reason to auto farm using 2* units because you're never going to not have FP coming in for pulling more of those trash units.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm confused. My Refia has magi staff and heavy shield equipped, why would you need a rod or mace? She's rocking equip shield, dualcast, stona, and melody of life, plus magi staff, flame shield, mystery veil, minerva bustier, 2x muscle belt.

I assume he thinks that you can't equip stuff in your OH if you're using a 2h weapon like a staff or spear. Surprise! You can.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Ugh I finally took that big stupid piece of garbage flower down thanks to the advice you guys gave me, so thanks a bunch! Now to enjoy that sweet sweet poison thorn mace. My cod finally managed to pass my draclaz in damage and clocks in at 456 Atk if I skimp on defense a bit. Good lord is she vicious against man targets. Man eater plus thorn mace plus barrage is quite the combination.

I know it's still not close to the dual wielding cods some of you characters throw up there but she's Def holding her own so far. Would you guys get more use out of her or a 400 mag exdeath? I'm still leveling his esper so that should go up slowly but cod has some pretty decent support stuff too. Might be useful for things you don't want to waste a tooled up lightning Luneth or exdeath on like leveling people or what have you

Friend Id is 820 471 103 I'll throw whoever you all might get more use out of. Like I said they won't hold a candle to some of the heavy hitters around here but sometimes it's nice to have a dude around for lighter tasks

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Not sure why you're doing this but you probably should stop, or swap to more meaningful characters. There's no reason to auto farm using 2* units because you're never going to not have FP coming in for pulling more of those trash units.
Yes, I was totally swimming in friend points, lapis, cactaurs, and summon tickets on day 2 of the game. For most of that time, I had 3 good characters and the two main characters. I'm sorry I didn't run a party of 3 for optimal experience distribution?

This might offend your sensibilities, but even though I have a party of 5 good characters now, sometimes I swap in the storyline characters when doing new storyline content, just for fun/flavor. The horror!

edit: Maybe "autoing explorations" is code for macroing poo poo? I meant hitting the auto button on every single fight in an exploration including the boss fights because the storyline is easy so far even with scrub units. You use a lot of limit breaks that way.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 30, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

NinjaDebugger posted:

ummmm OK I was unaware staffs are NOT 2-handed weapons. Wow whoops!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
With how many things aren't 2 hand weapons, I'm still confused why some bows are.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man

hey girl you up posted:

Yes, I was totally swimming in friend points, lapis, cactaurs, and summon tickets on day 2 of the game. For most of that time, I had 3 good characters and the two main characters. I'm sorry I didn't run a party of 3 for optimal experience distribution?

This might offend your sensibilities, but even though I have a party of 5 good characters now, sometimes I swap in the storyline characters when doing new storyline content, just for fun/flavor. The horror!

What's with this snarkiness? He was trying to give you advice.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Kronikle posted:

What's with this snarkiness? He was trying to give you advice.

The horror!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
This is the only horror in the game.

Stay focused people.

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
How soon people forget about the horror that lurks in the shadows

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Or the character so insignificant that even people who have beaten the game several times couldn't necessarily remember:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'd really like to see Square's original fully realized vision for FF9, because it feels like they had to cut a lot of content. Lani has her own (pretty badass) theme and character model, and gets played up like they're introducing some big new character, only to be such a non-entity, I can't even really remember what she does in the story, and I've played through the whole game multiple times.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

uhhh, holy poo poo. Early game with friend help seems to gain lots of crystals from scenario clears and I saw I had like 8,000 so I did a 11-summon.

4* Vaan, 3* Exdeath, 4* Refia, and a 2nd 4* Bartz

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That's a pretty good shell of a team. Physical Damage, Mage, Top Healer, and Full Break.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

AegisP posted:

That's a pretty good shell of a team. Physical Damage, Mage, Top Healer, and Full Break.

I'm amazed I pulled all 4 from one 11-summon. I've browsed around enough to suspect that this might not be normal.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

My team is Cecil Exdeath Tellah Refia Faris. Just pulled two va ans in a row. Should I drop Faris for him? Not a huge fan of my party only having one lady in it

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Cleared some inactive 7d+ goons. 1 spot open:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

Cleared some inactive 7d+ goons. 1 spot open:

Good for you Vax, I was wondering if you had pulled an ExDeath. I couldn't remember if you posted about it or not.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

Good for you Vax, I was wondering if you had pulled an ExDeath. I couldn't remember if you posted about it or not.

Dumped 10 tix and still Dailypulling. Got 3x Bartz and 5x ExBro now. Probably should stop pulling on this one. Also I now have 9x CoD :psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Team cheese whiz!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rolled yesterday butts, roled today *4 butts

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

Dumped 10 tix and still Dailypulling. Got 3x Bartz and 5x ExBro now. Probably should stop pulling on this one. Also I now have 9x CoD :psyduck:

I've done 2 11-pulls and probably 15 tickets, have 4 ExDeaths myself. Think I'll only keep two because I can farm 2 dualcasts and want to get Kefka back into circulation when his 6* arrives.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Arena is yet another thing that makes me go "meh" and feel bad that I'm not doing the optimized thing. It takes so long comparatively tho! And it's boring!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Dias posted:

Arena is yet another thing that makes me go "meh" and feel bad that I'm not doing the optimized thing. It takes so long comparatively tho! And it's boring!

As long as you can stay under 30,000 rank, Arena is fine. It's really not worth whaling/Lapis refresh to get in the top 3k.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Team cheese whiz!

That would have been an amazing team 3 months ago.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Cartoon Man posted:

As long as you can stay under 30,000 rank, Arena is fine. It's really not worth whaling/Lapis refresh to get in the top 3k.

Even under 90k is totally fine tbqfh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres absolutely no way i will ever do arena enough to stay under 30k, but under 90k rewards really arent that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'd really like to see Square's original fully realized vision for FF9, because it feels like they had to cut a lot of content. Lani has her own (pretty badass) theme and character model, and gets played up like they're introducing some big new character, only to be such a non-entity, I can't even really remember what she does in the story, and I've played through the whole game multiple times.

She's a bounty hunter hired by Brahne along with Amarant to hunt down Garnet and Co to get the summon jewel thing back that's in Garnet's necklace. You encounter her three times during your journey to the outer continent, she's actually pretty persistent. The final time you see her she kidnaps Eiko and holds her for ransom for the jewel, which culminates in Amarant coming in and taking it and giving it back to you if you agree to fight him because he's butthurt that you got him arrested at the Auction House in Treno. I assume she would have stuck around after that, except in the immediate next dungeon Kuja fries Brahne with Bahamut and therefore her contract is null and she has no reason to keep following you around.

• Locked thread