Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Gobblecoque posted:

Will there be french fries in the game this is important?
Jesus Christ dude, French fries come from Belgium, this is a historically accurate game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

More like historically ANIME game, lol.

Hire me as a writer for your game hyperdevbox.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Anime is already a French word. OP didn't know that since he doesn't know anything about France.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Where's the screenshots? Very enthused to see a HTJRPG (historical tactical Japanese role playing game) coming out, but I need to know more about how it'll feel to play before I can make a commitment to back. Mo-mos, if they don't come back soon please prod hyperdev for this information.

staberind posted:

Cheers. Hmmm, makes sense, its a shame the let the cat out of the bag already,
I am looking forward to the intricate guillotine customisation options, featuring type of wood, inlays, blade shapes and materials.
basically I want this :

Pff, all style and no substance, it probably couldn't cut off anyone's actual head. I guess I'm more of a utilitarian kind of guy.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Where's the screenshots? Very enthused to see a HTJRPG (historical tactical Japanese role playing game) coming out, but I need to know more about how it'll feel to play before I can make a commitment to back. Mo-mos, if they don't come back soon please prod hyperdev for this information.

Pff, all style and no substance, it probably couldn't cut off anyone's actual head. I guess I'm more of a utilitarian kind of guy.

I'm wondering what kind of buffs/benefits the guillotine pet subsystem gives.

Space Bat posted:

That's actually a very poorly recorded animated file from Final Fantasy 15. Do NOT trust this poster.

Please, that game is vaporware and if it ever does come out it'll be a substandard duke nukem forever ripoff. :rolleyes:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Palpek posted:

Jesus Christ dude, French fries come from Belgium, this is a historically accurate game.

Except in the case of facial hair, clearly.

I know I brought it up twice, now, but it's a pet peeve of mine.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Anime is already a French word. OP didn't know that since he doesn't know anything about France.

Come the gently caress on dude, if you're going to be nitpicky, at least bother to spell the word right.

It's animé. :rolleyes:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Mister Adequate posted:

Come the gently caress on dude, if you're going to be nitpicky, at least bother to spell the word right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsAk-f-p6qc

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mister Adequate posted:

Anomie is more applicable I think.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

FactsAreUseless posted:

I do want to reiterate, again: I am friends with the developers, and there will be guillotines.

I've been on vacation for a little while and I just got back, are there any new guillotine content updates?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm wondering what kind of buffs/benefits the guillotine pet subsystem gives.

Please, that game is vaporware and if it ever does come out it'll be a substandard duke nukem forever ripoff. :rolleyes:

You will pay for this

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

hyperdevbox posted:

In Thermidor, each character has his own specialty weapon. In Leandre's case it is a rifle. But he is also proficient with a sword, but not as proficient as Armandine who is an expert fencer.

I was gonna come in here and poo poo on this game generically and then I saw this line and now I'm generally interested.

Leandre is "the best swordsman his age" and he is 19, but Armandine who is 18 is better than him.

Is there a plot point where Armandine has a birthday and Leandre then has to admit that he is no longer the best swordsman his age? Or are they exactly 1 year apart so this never happens?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Arcaeris posted:

I was gonna come in here and poo poo on this game generically and then I saw this line and now I'm generally interested.

Leandre is "the best swordsman his age" and he is 19, but Armandine who is 18 is better than him.

Is there a plot point where Armandine has a birthday and Leandre then has to admit that he is no longer the best swordsman his age? Or are they exactly 1 year apart so this never happens?

He is the best 19 year old swordsman. So an 18 year old swordswoman could be better.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Will this game include Dogtanian and/or the Muskehounds?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Will the main characters have a powerup where they grow a mustache? It should glow yellow when they power up even more, and they get a long golden beard when they reach their full battle potential.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Space Bat posted:

You will pay for this

Ugh, putting the content people are most excited about in DLCs is just low. I'm out. Preorder cancelled guillotined.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

He is the best 19 year old swordsman. So an 18 year old swordswoman could be better.

by this logic would an unborn swordsperson be best?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

That's pretty insensitive to bipedal humanoids with consciousness that self-identify as swords, prick. Trigger warning that poo poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:gas:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Good god how is this still going on

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
If the OP doesn't post soon I think we need to ban him and erase any traces of this thread, and Thermidor JRPG.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Node posted:

If the OP doesn't post soon I think we need to ban him and erase any traces of this thread, and Thermidor JRPG.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Node posted:

:france:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Node posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Node posted:

they've left us little choice unfortunately :sigh:

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Node posted:

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

irlZaphod posted:

Will this game include Dogtanian and/or the Muskehounds?

Woof woof woof woof woof woof woof

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hi I just started playing Final Fantasy 15 is this game going to be better??

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kashuno posted:

Hi I just started playing Final Fantasy 15 is this game going to be better??

Yes, it will have vastly superior mechanics.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Node posted:

Woah, if we do that, how will we be able to be jubilant when op inevitably says "ze guillotiez, zhey are hin!"
someone mentioned Guillotine Go earlier and I am psyched to be a Guillotine trainer,

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Node posted:

Well it's this sort of attitude which has doomed many a goon project. Not even giving them a chance to finish, smh. You're condemning Thermidor JRPG to be the next Zyborne Clock when it could be the next Groverhaus.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
My apologies to everyone for not participating in the thread recently.
The campaign launch is growing near, and we are extremely busy in preparation.

I promise to reply to all the (serious) questions/comments, and continue giving you updates, once things calm down a bit here.
In the meantime I give you permission to continue talking about guillotines and lobsters, though I do suggest you take a nice stroll outside, and maybe get some fresh air instead?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hyperdevbox posted:

I promise to reply to all the (serious) questions/comments, and continue giving you updates, once things calm down a bit here.

Also known as "once everyone has lost interest." Boy this game is gonna be a real hit!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Gobblecoque posted:

Also known as "once everyone has lost interest." Boy this game is gonna be a real hit!

Yeah op you gotta grasp fate and just wade through it, man. Weather the storm if you wanna up Thermidor's mindshare.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

hyperdevbox posted:

In the meantime I give you permission to continue talking about guillotines and lobsters, though I do suggest you take a nice stroll outside, and maybe get some fresh air instead?

Do you know a company called Mirrorsoft?
we published a little game in the west. called tetris.
we published a bunch more.
I worked in the dtp dept.
what, over the past 30 years, became what you do, on machines much more powerful yet fit in your pocket.
you are talking to people who's teats you suckle from.
who's shoulders you scurry around on.

before that, I played games I had to program into my zx spectrum, using basic, on a machine I bought as a kit.

when we say there will be guillotines. by golly. there will be guillotines.
/meltdown.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

hyperdevbox posted:

... guillotines and lobsters ...

You had me at guillotines and lobsters, where do I sign up?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

hyperdevbox posted:

In the meantime I give you permission to continue talking about guillotines and lobsters

:siren:NDA BROKEN:siren:

guillotines AND lobsters confirmed. best day.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Hyperdevbox seems like a real goldmine of a dev team. I personally think there is opportunity if Leandre's father gets beheaded in the guillotine scene. It'll give the story a really great personal revenge twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

hyperdevbox posted:

Hello, thank you for coming back to the thread, you were missed! You could maybe make up for it by posting as many fresh screenshots/artwork pieces as you can? After all, it's right there in the thread title.

• Locked thread