Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The Elite 4. It sucks though, welcome to hell

It's still waaaaaaay easier than it was pre-gen6. Exp share isn't a hold item so you can slap a lucky egg on the thing you're raising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Decus posted:

Oh, you mentioned S.O.S. battles. Did you know that a status effect stops them so long as you aren't mid-trial? During trials they can call stuff while status'd but not outside of them. Beyond that, I wouldn't play the game with a "never run" or "no repel" rule. They shouldn't affect difficulty outside of that.

What's a "never run" rule for? Just to make the game slower or decrease number of random battles?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wait, is that two different Golems or did you just change the nickname?

i slightly modified it but only because i felt weird changing the name without changing the set

and here's the team if you're interested. it's far from perfect, feel free to tweak it to your needs (maybe choice band or AV on wishiwashi, or something like dark resist berry on chandlure)

gently caress college (Wishiwashi) @ Life Orb
Ability: Schooling
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn

alolan shellder (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

incredible power (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Smart Strike

gief from streets (Golem-Alola) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Thunder Punch

healthcliff (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Sunny Day

flameo, hotman (Chandelure) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Shortest Path posted:

It's still waaaaaaay easier than it was pre-gen6. Exp share isn't a hold item so you can slap a lucky egg on the thing you're raising.

Is there even a way to get more than one lucky egg though?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Khanstant posted:

What's a "never run" rule for? Just to make the game slower or decrease number of random battles?
If you run into a wild pokemon and you're weak, too bad, hope you kill it before it kills you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sunny Day is on persian SPECIFICALLY so he can switch in on Pelippers and use it, literally no other reason, and theres lots of other great moves for it that dont gimp a third of your team so consider changing that

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7challengecup-486204679
Z-moves in challenge cup are rare but pretty cool. Still doesn't beat the one time in Gen-6 I got a Gardevoir with Gardevoirite in challenge cup.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

As soon as I start EV training a Wimpod, this guy decided to show up.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

cheetah7071 posted:

The Elite 4. It sucks though, welcome to hell

last gen at least had that sushi place... why do they take out features that are good :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there even a way to get more than one lucky egg though?

Outside of trading, nope. Pelipper don't hold them anymore, and neither do wild Chansey.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Congratulations, your dedication is both inspiring and insane.

:unsmigghh:

kirtar posted:

I'm interested in the timid ditto if it hasn't been claimed
0619-7909-3613 kirtar IGN

Great! It's all yours.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can I get the Modest ditto?

FC: 2723-9256-0832

Sorry I missed you today! If you still want the Modest Ditto, I'll be online tomorrow afternoon and evening EST.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

What's the recommended nature for the ultra beasts? Same with the tapus/tapi(?)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Khanstant posted:

more like a 'never fun' rule

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

If you run into a wild pokemon and you're weak, too bad, hope you kill it before it kills you.

Yeah that's terrible in this game because certain wild pokemon (looking at you, Salandit) will gently caress up your poo poo if you get unlucky, to the tune of eating 1-2 dragon rages a turn because of called help when your pokemon don't even have 80 max hp yet.

Dr. Fetus posted:

neither do wild Chansey.

mods?!?!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Brother Entropy posted:

more like a 'never fun' rule

ah the nuzlocke meme

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

how did i even win this

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-486216342

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

The Shortest Path posted:

I would assume so that it doesn't get splatted by incidental earthquake damage, also so it's safe to switch in against said earthquakes.

Instead of running your own Tapu, beat them with a Poison Memory Silvally. :getin:

Honestly that seems like a good idea. Maybe open with Ninetales and Poison Silvally betting on the fact that they will try to Tapu immediately and Multi Attack them before parting shotting out for Overcoat Kommo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

Ohhhh. I was thinking, like, don't ever press "b" to move faster.

Regarding a living dex, is one to collect one of each for things like oricoririoricorio or the meteor? Maybe in a bonus box somewhere with the alola forms and stuff? I'm just building my Alola one right now as practice for pokemon bank eventually, but I'm not sure on the standards. Some stuff you couldn't, like Spinda.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

the hau card is just one big, crossed out malasada

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Note Block posted:

:unsmigghh:

Great! It's all yours.

Sorry I missed you today! If you still want the Modest Ditto, I'll be online tomorrow afternoon and evening EST.

Cool I should be online evening EST.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
80/100 zygarde parts and god damnit i hate this poo poo please kill me

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think I want to put a Mimikyu in the Beast Ball. I have a few questions though.

1. Does the nature matter?
2. Does the gender matter?

I'm pretty sure that if I get a male I can breed it with Ditto until I get the ability I want. Then Everstone and breed for better IVs? If I get female I can just start breeding pre-ditto? Is that the only advantage?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

corn on the cop posted:

80/100 zygarde parts and god damnit i hate this poo poo please kill me

Once Pokebank comes out, transfer your Zygarde from X/Y and use it for a free 50 cells.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if Pokebank will be able to transfer held items?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Biggest issue wth Sun/Moon: not enough Guzma

Way less than the required amount of Guzma

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Deified Data posted:

Does anyone know if Pokebank will be able to transfer held items?

it will not.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I'm wondering how we're going to get the missing Mega Stones since Pokebank doesn't allow for such a thing.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This is probably the only time where a Pyukumuku has killed something without innards out

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-486257689

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm wondering how we're going to get the missing Mega Stones since Pokebank doesn't allow for such a thing.

I think all the mega stones are already in the game; I've seen stuff like Mega Beedrill and Mawlie in the Royale. They'll probably just enable them to be bought with BP in the update that also adds Pokebank support.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
How early in the game can you trade? I'm starting my Sun run and want to trade over some stuff I bred in Moon (I have two 3DSes).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

Biggest issue wth Sun/Moon: not enough Guzma

Way less than the required amount of Guzma

Counterpoint: way more Guzma than in any of the previous games, therefore the best Pokémon game.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Soul Glo posted:

How early in the game can you trade? I'm starting my Sun run and want to trade over some stuff I bred in Moon (I have two 3DSes).

The earliest point you can trade is after unlocking the festival plaza, which is just after the cutscene where Hau shows you how to use a pokemon center for the first time. So pretty early.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Do the Elite 4 give prize money and can you farm them for prize money after becoming champion? I just want to know if I should bring my Big Pimp Daddy Snorlax for Happy Hour/Amulet Coin during those particular fights.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Note Block posted:

Do the Elite 4 give prize money and can you farm them for prize money after becoming champion? I just want to know if I should bring my Big Pimp Daddy Snorlax for Happy Hour/Amulet Coin during those particular fights.

the E4 gives the most prize money in the game! and the challenger to the throne gives more than they do, it's the classic way to farm money and levels

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

the E4 gives the most prize money in the game! and the challenger to the throne gives more than they do, it's the classic way to farm money and levels

Oh good, I'm already past the million mark, so it's time to really make it rain!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Still hoping for an overcoat Jangmo-o. 4484-8908-1219.

Can offer random stuff like littens or rowlets, maernies, ultraball feebass, can breed up ha geodudes and vulpix.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm gonna be playing through my copy of Sun with my partner (who is playing this as her first game since GSC) and i cant decide if i want to do a nuzlocke or some other thing like starting with an alternate traded starter (like alola geodude or something)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i'm gonna be playing through my copy of Sun with my partner (who is playing this as her first game since GSC) and i cant decide if i want to do a nuzlocke or some other thing like starting with an alternate traded starter (like alola geodude or something)

How Nuzlockable is the game? It's not as much of a walk in the park as Gen VI was, and there are points where you're very likely to lose a Pokemon. Namely the Totem battles.

So how are Z moves working out in comp. singles and VGC?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr. Fetus posted:

How Nuzlockable is the game? It's not as much of a walk in the park as Gen VI was, and there are points where you're very likely to lose a Pokemon. Namely the Totem battles.

So how are Z moves working out in comp. singles and VGC?

people here have said mixed things, but most people seem to say "it's good if you go in with knowledge" and I already beat the game normally once. i'm down to lose pokemon, that's half the point, but i've never actually finished out a nuzlocke because i generally dont replay RPGs so this could be an opportunity to actually do that. but at the same time having an alt starter and just using different mons could be cool. idk, i have a few days to think about it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
would anyone be interested in like a 101 breakdown of smogon tours / history of them / past winners or anything like that? if so i'll write a fairly tryhard one that should still be accessible, and for me, tours were the big reason to stick with the game and community