Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lol at this cooking minigame while these two nerds crack food puns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need to find a fishing spot now that I'm in chapter 3 because everyone has levelled up their skills and Noctis is still at 1 and I will be the king fisher

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Captain Baal posted:

I need to find a fishing spot now that I'm in chapter 3 because everyone has levelled up their skills and Noctis is still at 1 and I will be the king fisher

At the Quay is one. There are also two in the east side of the area that just opened up - one near the lake (you should also have a sidequest there), and one near a parking spot near the bottom.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cool I'll do that some more tomorrow or after I finish this thing I'm working on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fishing is going to be my bane to level up because I hate even 'good' fishing mini games.

It's probably not worth it but I'll end up doing it eventually since all the other trophies seem fairly doable

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I see people combining magic with rare coins to get like 11k exp for one cast per battle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's also a fishing spot near Insomnia with some Lucian Catfish.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I was driving and Prompto saw a "cool mountain" so he begged to pull over and get a shot. Hoof it over there (and murder a platoon of Magitek Vanguards), he pulls out a tripod, sets the timer and... stands right in front of Noctis.

I loving love Prompto.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Drizvolta posted:

They only use the finest COLEMAN brand camping gear

this cracked my poo poo up... Prince of the great city of insomnia, stuck buying lovely Coleman gear at Walmart while stuck in the desert.

Speaking of camping, what's the point of it if you're near an RV or motel? Seems like you would always want to rest at a place with an experience multiplier. If camping had a multiplier maybe I'd use it? Later in the game are there times you're a long ways away from an RV?

I just had a bit after one of the first big plot points in the first act where I was sitting on a ton of XP and it was night so I couldn't drive to the rest stop with the motel to get 1.5x and I just had to sort of wait until morning to go because I wanted to maximize my experience gain. Is there an easier way to pass time to wait for morning in instances like that? I ended up jumping from level 9 to like 13 so I feel it was worth it to go to the 1.5x place.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Camping out in nature can give you extra scenes and allows Ignis to cook food.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RV doesn't let you gain cooking buffs and buying food costs money. Camping is also free.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Terper posted:

Wow I can't wait to get to Altissia and meet my beautiful bride and have a lot of fun with my best friends BLARGH

Thread's moving super fast but I basically got that same photo :iia:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Of course camping is mostly favorable but lodgings shouldn't be totally ignored on account of XP modifiers. Even the basic motel in Longwythe gives 1.5x.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm level 11 and haven't gotten to Galdin Quay yet, I don't need exp!!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just noticed that (in-game soundtrack items) the store that sells the FFXII OST is called Verinas Mart, not far off from Larsa's middle name of Ferrinas.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Terper posted:

Camping out in nature can give you extra scenes and allows Ignis to cook food.

Is there some trigger for the extra scenes? I've only gotten one (Ignis) and can't figure out how to get any others, not sure if they're gated behind plot locks, specific campsites, or if it's just a low chance.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there some trigger for the extra scenes? I've only gotten one (Ignis) and can't figure out how to get any others, not sure if they're gated behind plot locks, specific campsites, or if it's just a low chance.

It might be location, I got one with Gladio that hinged on proximity to the beach.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Had a good time with my first few hours of the game. Type B controls feel way more better than A, I may poke at Type C later. I definitely see myself dumping many hours in this game.

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/803920900374437888

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Dumb question: where do I get the Masamune DLC that was included with the game? Does it not unlock right away?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Solarflare posted:

Dumb question: where do I get the Masamune DLC that was included with the game? Does it not unlock right away?

I got a message when I loaded the game and it was in my inventory

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you claimed the code on the PSN store it should just be in your inventory when you start the game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Greatsword is easily my favorite weapon. Everything crumbles into a nice little satisfying heap and it feels good to time myself right to get the sweeps and avoid attacks.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also hello!

http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/ff15/main_site/public/novella/FFXV_Novel_ENG.pdf

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Man, started playing this game last night and forgot to come up for air. So tired today but jesus it's fun AF. I can see early on where the warts might be but the overall package kind of makes up for any shortfalls. Combat is so much fun, even moreso when it's completely chaotic and I have no idea what's going on. I find magic is good if you put some points in the talent tree, use it as artillery (or after a Regroup - get that skill ASAP) or as a hail mary when you're up against a wall. Greatsword rules, daggers are awesome, warping is the coolest videogame power.

I played FFXV. What a time to be alive.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Got my fishing level up to 10. Catching some of these ultra rare fish is for me the most difficult and exciting part of the game so far.
Edge of my seat, fish's stamina deadlocked with my line' durability, music booming, beautiful view, glimmer in the eye, goosebumps. Ah yeah baby.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

If I was impatient and played a couple hours before installing the mega patch, am I missing out on anything by not restarting? The patch notes have nebulous "NEW CUTSCENES!" and "deeper combat" whatever that means.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

This is the greatest game and anyone who doesn't think so is literally the worst. Yeah the story is nonexistent but it's a boyband road trip with an awesome combat system and absolutely ridiculous graphics. Also having every single FF's soundtracks as playable car music is just amazing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

al-azad posted:

If I was impatient and played a couple hours before installing the mega patch, am I missing out on anything by not restarting? The patch notes have nebulous "NEW CUTSCENES!" and "deeper combat" whatever that means.

The patch added a few cutscenes from the movie, made the camera better, made it so you can warp dash out of combat and added a few extra weapon abilities.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Did they patch out stamina for running? I've been running everywhere in Ch 1 but that green bar never appears and I never run out of sprint juice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh good there's like five discs of FFXI music. Time to just drive around Duscae listening to Gustaberg on repeat.

e: Tavnazian Archipelago too aauuugh yes

LawfulWaffle posted:

Did they patch out stamina for running? I've been running everywhere in Ch 1 but that green bar never appears and I never run out of sprint juice.

You have to turn the bar on in HUD options. You may have eaten food that gives you inf. stamina though.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 30, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Recommended reading if you've seen Kingsglaive, it connects some of the characters in a couple ways.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

If you let go of the sprint button (or click L3 again) just before it hits zero it will recharge to full.

There is a sprint button!?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

OddObserver posted:

There is a sprint button!?

Circle on PS4 for control scheme A

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

emdash posted:

Circle on PS4 for control scheme A

L3 also for auto sprint.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

If you let go of sprint right as the bar is about to deplete it will refill your stamina and you can sprint forever.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
For anyone curious - yes, Noct will stop bitching about the heat if you do what Gladio tells you and take off his jacket.

That's what you get for wearing all-black in a drat desert, Your Highness.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I got a response from SE support vis-a-vis my Roadtrip DLC codes not working

SquareEnix Support posted:

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to properly register your FINAL FANTASY XV DLC codes. At this time we are currently aware of an issue with the Road Trip redemption site. We are diligently looking to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. We ask for your patience while we work with our website team.

Thank for reporting this issue to us. We will be taking all the feedback we receive and give it to our teams to hasten the resolution.
Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

For additional assistance with this issue, you can reply to this email directly. For assistance with a new issue, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com.

Kind of a non-answer, but it sounds like they're having wide problems with the promotion.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
Does this have ultimate/BIS weapons that are acquired through end-game sidequests? I loved those in previous FF.

Also are there optional super hard end-game bosses like Ruby/Emerald weapon in 7?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Secx posted:

Does this have ultimate/BIS weapons that are acquired through end-game sidequests? I loved those in previous FF.

Also are there optional super hard end-game bosses like Ruby/Emerald weapon in 7?

Reviews say there's a lot of post-game content with giant fuckoff superbosses, new weapons, new dungeons, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Secx posted:

Kingsglaive spoiler and some FFXV guessing since I just started the game:

I can't imagine them showing Weapons in the movie and not having them in the game as a superboss of some kind.

• Locked thread