Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The Puppet Master posted:

was this reported anywhere? Not that I would be surprised.

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803926488579973120
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803927774784344064
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803930240661811200

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 30, 2016

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hold on a second i thought he was a US born somali

nvm i was wrong.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 30, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

So the pattern is pretty clear:

President-Elect picks a controversial topic to tweet about in the morning, everyone spends the rest of the day freaking out about it

This is our lives now

Isn't it delightful? Every day a different shock.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

mannerup posted:

that is going to be the major takeaway from that article, not the buried nuance a few paragraphs down

god, it's such loving bullshit

The isis model really is brilliant. They exist in a sort of symbiotic relationship with conservative politicians. Lone wolf takes action, ISIS is happy to take credit, politicians are happy to blame ISIS. Both groups support and sustain each other. ISIS's profile is raised and thus inspires more lone-wolf action, and politicians get to ratchet the fear level up and score easy points by condemning evil, which radicalizes even more lone wolves, inspiring more attacks, and on and on and on in a perpetual cycle.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

god, it's such loving bullshit

The isis model really is brilliant. They exist in a sort of symbiotic relationship with conservative politicians. Lone wolf takes action, ISIS is happy to take credit, politicians are happy to blame ISIS. Both groups support and sustain each other. ISIS's profile is raised and thus inspires more lone-wolf action, and politicians get to ratchet the fear level up and score easy points by condemning evil, which radicalizes even more lone wolves, inspiring more attacks, and on and on and on in a perpetual cycle.

Are there other examples of this cycle? And where, historically, does it end?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

hold on a second i thought he was a US born somali

nvm i was wrong.

naw hes a terrorist refugee poisoned skittle snek.

Just like the poem.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
trumps twitter profile pic will be ingrained in my brain forever

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Prof. Lurker posted:

trumps twitter profile pic will be ingrained in my brain forever

Might be the best profile pic ever;

neutral, serious, expression
framed by blue sky, hair
the god emperor isn't expressing anything, he is looking at you

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the pic is iconic

and oh now he tells us

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803930240661811200

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

visually? stay safe optics ghost

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803931490514075648

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i love that he made a "PAY ATTENTION TO MY TIWTTER" tweet before his essay about business etc

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Baloogan posted:

Are there other examples of this cycle? And where, historically, does it end?

idk, I can't really think of other prior jihadi groups that have made it explicitly known that they'll take credit for any action by anyone that pledges allegiance to them. ISIS is really the first viral terrorist network.

I can't see it ever ending

edit: as in, we'll be in a dialectic conflict with islamic theocracy for the rest of the century. the names and faces will rotate in and out. once the islamic state collapses I'm sure a new group will rise up to take up the mantle. probably one of the moderate rebel groups we're training and supplying right now!

Trumps Baby Hands fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 30, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we are so blessed to have such a great president

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/803932461587722240

Baloogan posted:

i love that he made a "PAY ATTENTION TO MY TIWTTER" tweet before his essay about business etc

lmao the early morning during the morning news shows is his prime time posting window and I noticed that too

mannerup fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 30, 2016

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

his kids being in charge of his business interests is the same thing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

any questions?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Agrajag posted:

thanks einstein

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

honestly so what if he swipes a billion a year or so; the second iraq war cost 2 trillion and counting, if him having hotels in mumbai means we avoid fighting WWIII then whatever jesus loving christ

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
george bush and his loving bunch of tards started a loving WAR and killed 100k+++ + + + to make money

trump just gotta do some ostentatious poo poo in his golden hotels to make money

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/803934270591037440

this is all he wanted from that statement

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what in gods name does it loving matter that yeah hes gonna be :q: about like forigen ambassador's spending money in his hotels to curry favor; if he like, had significant chunks of his money tied up in haliburton stock or whatever THEN be worried

some saudis are gonna smoke trump brand cigars in the fanciest trump hotels, russkies are gonna drink trump vokda, and we're gonna have a big world peace

goddamn it

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/2016/11/30/donald-trump-steve-mnuchin-wilbur-ross-treasury-commerce/94654806/

quote:

Trump picks econ team leaders, says he is leaving business world

WASHINGTON — While preparing to announce his economic team, Donald Trump said Wednesday that he and his children will hold a "major news conference" on Dec. 15 to discuss separation from his various business interests.

He will leave his "great business in total in order to fully focus on running the country in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!" Trump tweeted.

Trump said he is not "mandated" to dis-invest, but "I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses."

Trump made the announcement while preparing to designate formally leaders of his economic team Wednesday, tapping hedge fund manager and campaign aide Steve Mnuchin as secretary of the Treasury and billionaire investor Wilbur Ross as secretary of Commerce.

Trump essentially writes the news. Reporters just plug his tweets into their copy like mad-libs.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
maga-libs

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Baloogan posted:

what in gods name does it loving matter that yeah hes gonna be :q: about like forigen ambassador's spending money in his hotels to curry favor; if he like, had significant chunks of his money tied up in haliburton stock or whatever THEN be worried

some saudis are gonna smoke trump brand cigars in the fanciest trump hotels, russkies are gonna drink trump vokda, and we're gonna have a big world peace

goddamn it

a world united by tacky tasteless poo poo products

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

several outlets (wapo, cnn, cnbc etc.) will just embed his tweets in the same format as here and I have seen more articles recently that are just a paragraph and a bunch of embedded tweets

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

somebody pls tell me how we're not in an awful position we can't climb out of :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

somebody pls tell me how we're not in an awful position we can't climb out of :(

China could invade and install a better government

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There's nothing really to be done. His kids running the business is enough of a distance to satisfy any conflict of interest law I know about . Those mostly focus on spouses.

Serf
May 5, 2011

what we are witnessing is the birth of an American aristocracy that is nakedly admitting to it, and the people are eating it up

we should deal with this in the same way as all aristocracies should be dealt with: via the guillotine

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh pls we've had aristocrats for centuries

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

goddamn it

chaos reigns and people will poo poo gold....

... literally because the trump vodka will have gold flakes them

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
no blood for vodka

AbsenceVsThinAir
Jan 29, 2007

Maybe you do not even *smell*? That is sad.

*Smelling* *pretty colors* is the best *game*.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder who convinced him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

what we are witnessing is the birth of an American aristocracy that is nakedly admitting to it, and the people are eating it up

we should deal with this in the same way as all aristocracies should be dealt with: via the guillotine

aint gonna happen until we live in paper houses with no internet

our wars will be twitter wars until they throw up the switch

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

steven mnuchin, trump's treasury secretary, on cnbc being unusually open with the press as an incoming treasury sec (even confirming his own appointment ahead of transition team)

• Top regulatory priority is eliminating "parts" of Dodd-Frank that discourage lending, not full repeal
  • Trump tax cut will provide no net benefit to top earners because of curbs on deductions
  • Trump will label China a currency manipulator "if we determine" that's warranted
  • Trump administration foresees sustained economic growth of 3-4%
  • Praises Yellen for having done good job
  • "One of the good things about Wilbur and I is that we have actually been bankers."
  • On Tax Foundation “We don’t believe in that analysis"
  • "We'll cap mortgage interest, but we'll allow some deductibility."

Serf
May 5, 2011

either late capitalism wins the final battle and we slide slowly (rapidly??) into ecological collapse and close out the anthropocene mass extinction event or it fails under its own weight

aaaaaaand we probably still all die anyways because things are too far gone, but we have a better chance of coming up with a solution if we fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

aint gonna happen until we live in paper houses with no internet

our wars will be twitter wars until they throw up the switch

I ain't saying it will happen at all, but it's what we ought to be doing. things are definitely gonna get worse before they (might) get better

• Locked thread