Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I still need Gilga and Exdeath, so more half pulls for me!

Zidane! Holy poo poo!

Let's do a ticket in celebration. Exdeath!

One more: Shadow. That'll do for today, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

My luck is weird:

FFT banner ends, 10-ish days later I get Delita (no Crush Armor but eh).
FF3 banner ends, a few days ago I get Luneth.
Dark Destroyers banner is done, I got CoD this morning.

Looks I'll write down my appointment with Greg for next week :dance:

Anyway, help me plan ahead. Would people prefer a 540-ish ATK Delita or a 580 ATK Luneth (that I still need to level)? I guess at this point a lot of goons have a top tier physical attacker so maybe the extra utility with Meditate for mage teams and DEF/SPR breaks is preferred?

My TMs so far are Excalibur, Dual Wield and Gungnir, I'm working on a Moonblade and Blade Mastery+Shakirafubuki so at that point it will be Luneth no contest, but that is like a month away at my farming rate.

Vax posted:

Even under 90k is totally fine tbqfh.
This, arena whaling is so not worth it.

BTW, Vax, sorry I didn't reply about the TM macros in the old thread, I' ve been super busy with finals, and at this point Pwnology's reddit thread has super optimized Nox/MEmu versions for basically everything, so I got pushed out of the macro tinkering business (after doing one lovely super basic macro :lol: )

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Don't forget, today is the last day of the monthly arena rankings before it resets.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I just wanted a second Exdeath...

:negative:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Mile'ionaha posted:

I just wanted a second Exdeath...

:negative:

Kefka gets six stars and you got another dual cast TM materia to grind. It's not that bad a pull.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Kefka gets six stars and you got another dual cast TM materia to grind. It's not that bad a pull.

That is my 6th Kefka and 3rd Ludmille.

In other city news, all of my macros crash after only a few minutes, what the hell.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 30, 2016

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Who the hell is Lady Bedile? I've never seen that character before.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pulled a WoL and a fourth Alma today, yes game I do want to play more. I really need to macro soon.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my "just need 2.2% tm no big deal" has turned into a "please god give me the last 0.9%" death match for dualcast

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Nephrite posted:

Who the hell is Lady Bedile? I've never seen that character before.

https://exviuswiki.com/Rakshasa

She's 5-star Bedile basically, a little better, but still poo poo. She has a bunch of single target hybrid damage elemental blade attacks that just aren't useful compared to an actual mage, and some single target status effects that you get on any character in your party with espers.

Related to that, I always knew Bedile was terrible, but I didn't actually check his skillset until a couple of days ago.

Holy poo poo it is bad, his only attacks:
Thunder Blade
Bio Blade
Thundara Blade

End of list, seriously, that's it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well it beats Shadow, whose attacks include:
-
-
-And the ever memorable

Anyway I daydreamed some horrible introduction of Cloud as the first 6*-7* unit, and TMR crafting that would require getting multiple TMRs from the same character in order to make equipment. It was horrible.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Just discovered this Exceed Ring stuff. Totally ridicolous.

Exceed Ring, +30% HP/MP and +50% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR

"The original threads assumed incorrectly that the monarch/dominion ring material drop rates were 20% like fine alcrysts. The actual rate is closer to 1%." (To craft one ring) "you are looking at 903 Hero Rings (along with 8100 Dark, 8100 Light Megacryst) on average for ONE Exceed Ring."

Okay.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Vax posted:

"The original threads assumed incorrectly that the monarch/dominion ring material drop rates were 20% like fine alcrysts. The actual rate is closer to 1%." (To craft one ring) "you are looking at 903 Hero Rings (along with 8100 Dark, 8100 Light Megacryst) on average for ONE Exceed Ring."

Okay.

:yikes:

I think my megacryst high score is maybe ~300 water megacrysts when I was botting maranda for mogcakes, lol at 8-9000 of several types

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Vax posted:

Okay.

It only exists to give the whales something to drool over and spend money towards. Not gonna happen in any of our lifetimes.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nor the whales lifetime apparently, there arent any confirmed cases of anyone ever crafting the ring. This thankfully means you can ignore it and just try to reach 60 trophies for the actually obtainable rings.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I annoyed people with this in the discord so I guess I'll annoy people with it here too. :v:

I saw a gold crystal on my half price draw, thinking it was Shadow/Penelo/Lani/etc. Then it reformed into rainbow and I got excited. Could it be? Have I gotten Gilgamesh? Or maybe even Ramza?

...nope. Just Lightning #2. I'm actually sort of disappointed. I don't have enough good gear for a second one!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

No thoughts on Vaan vs Faris? I hate to repeat stupid newbie questions but I'm still learning and have trouble evaluating characters.

Seems like steal would be useful since I don't have anyone else with it but I don't know what strengths Faris has outside of full brea

edit: I'm dumb and immediately found a forum post comparing them

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 30, 2016

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Tengames posted:

Nor the whales lifetime apparently, there arent any confirmed cases of anyone ever crafting the ring. This thankfully means you can ignore it and just try to reach 60 trophies for the actually obtainable rings.

I'm very optimistic about our InjectorBros having a couple of them sitting in their acessory slots.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Vaan gets a sixth star later on, Faris does not.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Team cheese whiz!

I farmed this team this morning. I almost felt bad about it.

People need to learn to set a static team so their TM farm doesn't pop up like this.

Of course there's the entirely possible case that the player really, really likes Chizuru.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Kalas posted:

People need to learn to set a static team so their TM farm doesn't pop up like this.

I get a bunch of friend requests from people running Chiz or low-level Cecils with the message "Have Lightning. TM farming right now". They're either lying and hope nobody notices or :eng99:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Rydia/Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Cecil continues to give no shits about arena teams and destroys all comers. Next week is going to suck though because it's going to be XIII bonus so those multi-lightning teams are going to be rough whenever they go first. Still won't have anywhere near enough HP or SPR to survive 7 chained meteors though. :science:

Palleon posted:

That would have been an amazing team 3 months ago.

It'll be pretty decent in a month or two as well.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Despite playing for a while I'm still new at this. Without spending any cash I have
1 Refia
2 COD
2 Cecil
1 ExDeath
Who should be on my team?
I've been grinding with 2 Cecil, 2 COD, Exdeath and just pushing through poison, petrification, etc. If I replace someone with Refia would it be my second Cecil?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Yes, drop a Cecil for Refia.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Refia/CoD/Cecil/Exdeath/full breaker or another mage is my team for more or less anything so that's a completely fine team

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
For those of y'all who don't know (I *think* it's in the OP?) a lot of us hang out in Discord these days. Don't worry, it's chat only - you won't have to hear any of our horrible goony voices.

Get in here and talk about your Bediles.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
For iOS users that have a costco membership, they are selling $100 iTunes gift card pack (4x$25) for $85, limit of 3. Think of all the Shadows and Bediles that can buy!!

Also, the cash store still has the Black Friday $50 Lapis bundle that grants 10,200 Lapis. If bought twice, it grants more than the $100 Lapis bundle.

:shepspends:

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

11 Pull

4 - Faris, one 4 star
1 - Bitch Esuna TM girl that got devoured by our greatlord Exdeath
1 - Bartz
1 - Xiao (didnt have them woot)
1 - Mustachio'do'you'want'a'mustache'ride? 2nd one for him so I can double farm up a super gun sometime
1- Krille. You bitch
Forgot what the last two were but they are decent although duplicates.

No Shadows, No Bediles. I was sad to not have a screen full of them. My 2nd ExDeath demands Bedile sacrifices.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Pulled a second Faris, this one a 4*

At least this banner has been cool, and good, to me.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Armitage posted:

Pulled a second Faris, this one a 4*

At least this banner has been cool, and good, to me.

I need a Greg still

Had 1 Exdeath, 1 Bartz and 1 Ramza before

Pulled so far
1x Death
1xRamza
2xBartz
6x Faris

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
3rd Gold Crystal from a daily in a row: Maria, Edgar, Shadow. I'm lucky?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Langolas posted:

I need a Greg still

Had 1 Exdeath, 1 Bartz and 1 Ramza before

Pulled so far
1x Death
1xRamza
2xBartz
6x Faris

Yeah, Greg and Krile have eluded me in this banner but the off banners I've pulled for the most part are ok or will be decent 5* options later.

Now you go into hiding Krile :argh: (No regrets!)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

As amazing as the Genji Glove is, Gilgamesh really isn't worth chasing IMO.

Though having a new 780+ atk Gilgamesh buddy show up yesterday was very :black101:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
So is Vaan going to be the only 6* Full Breaker in the near future? I've got Faris, Ingus and Agrias but only Agrias is leveled up, and it seems like her 6* upgrade is going to be a loooooong way out.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So is Vaan going to be the only 6* Full Breaker in the near future? I've got Faris, Ingus and Agrias but only Agrias is leveled up, and it seems like her 6* upgrade is going to be a loooooong way out.

Rain should be in the next set of 6* upgrades.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

As amazing as the Genji Glove is, Gilgamesh really isn't worth chasing IMO.

This may be the last time we ever have a Dual Wield TM on banner.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
WoL shows up after Rain's upgrade, and has the best Breaks...forever? I don't recall offhand if there's a better ATK/MAG Break.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
WoL should 6* before Vaan does as well, somewhere around mid March going by JP's schedule. Vaan would be around June using the same release order

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Fenrir posted:

This may be the last time we ever have a Dual Wield TM on banner.

On banner or off-banner, a 0.5% pull is hardly a viable way of getting DW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You're probably more likely to pull a Zidane than a Gilgamesh. Also there's a 3* at some point with a dagger that grants dual wield.

• Locked thread