Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
You can probably get away with even fewer hones up to maybe level 95, because level up replenishes all HP and ability uses. There's always the option to flee and restart if you don't mind losing an egg.

I'm running luneth through now with six uses of goon + lightning dives, haven't run out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Nihilarian posted:

Anyone got Moonfrost Arrows keyed to FF8 as their RW? I want to see if I can do Ifrit without drawing on FF8 banner 1.
Ironically, Serah can't use the thrown caster weaps from the 8 realm, but she can use Selphie Sticks. Good enough for 469 magic with synergy.

Friend code: FMsa

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Welp, the good news is it looks like they've decided to stop making Wardrobe Records a one time or nothing thing. FFX event just dropped JP side and it's reissuing Tidus, Auron and Yuna's wardrobe records.

So good to know all those Greens in Global were kind of wasted. :v:

Edit: Oh poo poo, I'm both really glad I checked the Gyashl store and that I have a poo poo ton of Greens saved up because they put a bunch of Accessories in there to buy. Like 28 or so, including 5* stuff like the Rose Corsage I was literally just lamenting not having because Shemhazai's Silencega was loving me. Holy poo poo this is awesome!

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 30, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is Lightning's BSB pretty good? I got it on the lucky draw. I'm thinking of giving Greg the boot to make room for her on my A-team. I've got Faithful Companion for him, but other than that I don't think he's contributing much more when I don't need him for tanking.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Is Lightning's BSB pretty good? I got it on the lucky draw. I'm thinking of giving Greg the boot to make room for her on my A-team. I've got Faithful Companion for him, but other than that I don't think he's contributing much more when I don't need him for tanking.

It's OK. A little dated but not bad.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's ok, though kinda held back by being so simple. It's mostly just plain non-elemental damage, with some crit rate increase on top. (edit) oh and apparently it stuns a bit, I guess that's nice.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
well, Vessel of Fate was definitely the perfect RW I needed to bring along to Ifrit. A damage boost for Vaan and Agrias debuffing him to hell, a magic boost for Rinoa hitting him with ice blasts from her BSB. Of course having AOE heal commands from Eiko BSB helped out too. Glad that's done with... not even thinking about trying to do the CM yet tho

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Inge posted:

Awesome :)

You got the goggles and the power orbs which is the main take away. You should be able to master it though if you can spare the stamina!

Eh, I just need to level up Cait Sith and that should be enough of a push to clear it easy.

I'm personally surprised that a joke character turned out to be decent. Good skill set not squishy.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cait Sith would be an amazing character if only he had an actual AOE heal. As is he's stuck in the same strange dance-support/healer hybrid role Mog is.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KnoxZone posted:

Wave 3 of the MC3 unlocks arrives tomorrow.

Garland +30% dark damage
Leon +13% ATK, DEF with heavy armor equipped
Kain +35% jump damage
Krile +15% MAG with whip equipped
Sabin +40% monk damage
Zack +10% ATK, DEF, and haste
Zell +30% damage with fist equipped
Beatrix 24% chance for attack command to become Saint Cross
Auron +40% samurai damage
Balthier +30% damage with gun equipped
Hope +15% MAG with thrown equipped
Thancred +13% ATK, DEF with dagger equipped
Delita +20% DEF, RES with sword equipped

Not the most interesting group, but a couple decent ones.

How is Zack unlocked before Tifa

She was literally the first event character in the entire game

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
There is a Crisis Core event coming up which helps explain Zack a little. I also enjoy how Beatrix's immense popularity puts her in 3rd priority after Zidane and Garnet, despite not being playable.

Maybe if they gave Vivi and Tifa better relics this wouldn't be happening.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

pichupal posted:

There is a Crisis Core event coming up which helps explain Zack a little. I also enjoy how Beatrix's immense popularity puts her in 3rd priority after Zidane and Garnet, despite not being playable.

Maybe if they gave Vivi and Tifa better relics this wouldn't be happening.

Alternately remake IX, make Beatrix a party member and slam dunk Steiner directly into the trash where he belongs.

Tifa definitely does deserve better, though.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

KnoxZone posted:

Wave 3 of the MC3 unlocks arrives tomorrow.

Garland +30% dark damage
Leon +13% ATK, DEF with heavy armor equipped
Kain +35% jump damage
Krile +15% MAG with whip equipped
Sabin +40% monk damage
Zack +10% ATK, DEF, and haste
Zell +30% damage with fist equipped
Beatrix 24% chance for attack command to become Saint Cross
Auron +40% samurai damage
Balthier +30% damage with gun equipped
Hope +15% MAG with thrown equipped
Thancred +13% ATK, DEF with dagger equipped
Delita +20% DEF, RES with sword equipped

Not the most interesting group, but a couple decent ones.

Oh boy gimmie some of that.

Garland, interesting
Leon, nope
Kain, giving this to Cid.
Krile, crap.
Sabin, could be great.
Zack, fuuuu. Going to have to use him now.
Zell, perfect.
Beatrix, this could be funny.
Auron, very useful if you have his BSB even if you don't still good.
Balthier, Still good.
Hope, CRAP *least favorite thirteen character btw*
Thancred, could be better.
Delita, this is probably the one I'd use the most.

Thank you for the information.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Zurai posted:

Cait Sith would be an amazing character if only he had an actual AOE heal. As is he's stuck in the same strange dance-support/healer hybrid role Mog is.

Annoying thing is how Penelo is perfectly competent at that, because she actually has White Magic + Dancer -and- access to actual medicas. She's less bulky, but otherwise feels like she just obsoletes Mog and Cait Sith.

I actually used her for Cagnazzo just now, because I wanted a dancer (no physical Stop counters) and I happen to have her Intercession-SB, so I could have a second medica and some damage.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Munoma posted:

Oh boy gimmie some of that.

Garland, interesting
Leon, nope
Kain, giving this to Cid.
Krile, crap.
Sabin, could be great.
Zack, fuuuu. Going to have to use him now.
Zell, perfect.
Beatrix, this could be funny.
Auron, very useful if you have his BSB even if you don't still good.
Balthier, Still good.
Hope, CRAP *least favorite thirteen character btw*
Thancred, could be better.
Delita, this is probably the one I'd use the most.

Thank you for the information.
Krile and Hope's are probably the best of the lot, actually, unless you have Kain's BSB. +Mag (and +Atk but that has a low softcap) scales MUCH, MUCH better than straight +% damage.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Tbh none of those are worth the MC3 in a vacuum. Just nice bonuses you get when breaking the level cap of a character you already use a lot.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So is there a real FF15 event happening? It's the first numbered FF in 6 years (and the first good one in 10 years heh) and it would be nice to collect items for my new friends the japanese boy band

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Presumably they're giving it a few weeks for people to make headway into the game so they don't spoil things.

The machine blade sword we got has XV synergy so it has to come into play somewhere.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 30, 2016

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Lightning BSB from an unwise lucky pull. That's nice after the unrelenting horror OK1 and the Friday draw were.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

So question about Luneth's BSB, the second command raises attack but lowers resistance. Does that mean it stacks with shout? I know the general rule says yes but there's always caveats.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

RagnarokAngel posted:

Presumably they're giving it a few weeks for people to make headway into the game so they don't spoil things.

The machine blade sword we got has XV synergy so it has to come into play somewhere.

There's no way we won't get XV, but Type-0 synergy exists even if only in the datamine, so that's not a huge guarantee. Maybe someday...

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RagnarokAngel posted:

So question about Luneth's BSB, the second command raises attack but lowers resistance. Does that mean it stacks with shout? I know the general rule says yes but there's always caveats.

They stack!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Attestant posted:

They stack!

Noice, wanted to make sure I wasn't overwriting it.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Attention: Designing a U+ or ++ Fight around a multi-enemy fight should be a crime punishable by immediate disembowelment.

That is all.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'll take these two goofuses over Bartz every day of the week

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Noice, wanted to make sure I wasn't overwriting it.

Though fair warning, -Res% is a pretty dangerous debuff. Be selective of when and where you use it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Attestant posted:

Though fair warning, -Res% is a pretty dangerous debuff. Be selective of when and where you use it.

Especially given that Luneth has like the weakest Res out of all the non-Core characters to start with.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Prav posted:

i'll take these two goofuses over Bartz every day of the week

Nah, I'm more referring to the Mandragoras and in the current U++ for the JP XII event, Ba'gamnan and pals.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I am approaching 50 mythril, should I do another pull on OK? I already have shout, but the temptation for the gauntlets is strong.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

triplexpac posted:

I am approaching 50 mythril, should I do another pull on OK? I already have shout, but the temptation for the gauntlets is strong.

Depends. Do you have anything else on the banner? If not, might as well. If you're something like 4/7 I would cut my losses and try another time.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Got two onion motes on the same floor :smugdog:

I have zero FF3 synergy apart from the freebie 4* from core dungeons and Ahriman is kicking my rear end. I don't really care about the FF3 characters so I'm loathe to roll on their banners but if it helps me get those fuckin motes i might just pull the trigger...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Depends. Do you have anything else on the banner? If not, might as well. If you're something like 4/7 I would cut my losses and try another time.

Hmm that is true, I'm 3/7 with one double, so maybe I'll just cool it until next time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

UHD posted:

Got two onion motes on the same floor :smugdog:

Sup mote luck buddy :smugdog:

I have 20 OK motes now. I hope there's a use for them in the future.

Soloing the FF3 XP dungeon with OK is hilarious and awesome. I gave him Curaja and Tempo Flurry and he sleepwalks through it. I don't even need the Loner RM. I just run him with his own XP RM. He'll be 99 in a couple days. :toot:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Onion Knight Ultimates done. Standard slugfests for most of them. Being unable to use Snowspell Strike for once on the Red Dragon was annoying, but I pulled through. Lot of exploiting weaknesses on the U+, and the U++ was mostly "kill it kill it NOW". I'll take on Mote Ahriman soon. I'll also need to set up teams for the Dark Dragon U and U+ raids, but that'll be later on in the week.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Today I had Balthier's "chance to trigger machinist abilities twice" RM equipped during the Mote dungeon fight, and his BSB commands sometimes triggered twice as well. So apparently his commands count as machinist abilities.

Between Balthier blinding and poisoning, Squall with his BSB Wind command, Selphie with Dreamstage, Ramza with Shout, Tyro with SG, and with special thanks to Grozz and his Luneth RW, Ahriman just melted.

I also managed to get 5 people leveled up to 80 thanks to the Enigma dungeon so far, and am on track for another 5 by the end. Once that's over with and I get through the FF8 event, I GUESS I'll do the rematch dungeons. I just hate that Cagnazzo.

The thing I've noticed with the Ultimate++s is that the rewards haven't been exciting enough for me to actually put any effort into trying them. If a basic setup fails, I generally quit and don't try again. Does anyone else feel that way?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
No, but that's often because there's some crystal used in Meltdown or Valigaramalamadingdongtritoch in there, and I know what those do even if I can't quite make them yet.

Having said that, it's just two crystals. If some U++ walls the hell out of me some time, I'm not gonna cry over it, and I'm sure as hell not gonna waste effort mastering one of them if I miss it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Bit the bullet and rolled on banner 1.

Off-banner Organyx (VI) and Arc's Elder Staff.

Because I needed more healer poo poo apparently; Relm's SSB and Eiko's BSB aren't enough.

Getting kind of tired of being stalled on offensive SBs...

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

UHD posted:

Bit the bullet and rolled on banner 1.

Off-banner Organyx (VI) and Arc's Elder Staff.

Because I needed more healer poo poo apparently; Relm's SSB and Eiko's BSB aren't enough.

Getting kind of tired of being stalled on offensive SBs...

To be fair, banner 1 is actually more support than damage. You had a much better chance getting an offensive SB with banner 2.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well now I haven't used a single 4 Star Mote yet.

It's... beautiful. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Fister Roboto posted:

I got it from the Black Friday draw and I think it's pretty good, if a bit situational. With PC+FC and her BSB she's really effective against enemies with no elemental weakness, and her command 1 has a moderate chance to stun for a nice side of utility.

• Locked thread