Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
He means erotica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

experience

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Better to take advantage of a good fever and write

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Maksimus54 posted:

Better to take advantage of a good fever and write

Pounded In The Butt By The Ghost Of A Burning Jeep While Pounding In The Butt Of A '51 Dump Truck

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Do they have doctors in Nebraska or just livestock veterinarians?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
by Inch Dickle :allears:

Stream light shared my video with a strong language disclaimer haha

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd spend the sick time reading wiring diagrams for the L05 EFI and charging/starting systems.

It's not going to be too too complex, but it's something you can easily do while lying down.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
at the library printing diagrams. I will not give in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuIoGWn6Bn8

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GltlzgFevJ0

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Forgot to say the Jeep motor turns over with compression now, it was stuck from poo poo melted onto the crank snout but I broke it loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJS80JB-sn8

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

:stare:

Holy poo poo, that's impressive.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Forgot to say the Jeep motor turns over with compression now, it was stuck from poo poo melted onto the crank snout but I broke it loose.

It lives, it dies, IT LIVES AGAIN. :black101:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Why are you wasting your time dicking on a burned truck. You have a job to do and weather coming. Get the gently caress to work.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Dude is sick, let him ruminate for a while :shobon:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

Why are you wasting your time dicking on a burned truck. You have a job to do and weather coming. Get the gently caress to work.

Nah this was from when I pulled the trans I just forgot to update it

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Seminal Flu posted:

Wasting time? It has compression! All it needs is some more lucas oil stabilizer. A can of that probably survived the birthing fire too.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Nah this was from when I pulled the trans I just forgot to update it

No excuses, get to wiring. I want to see that thing idling by Sunday.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

How else is he going to power the VW? It is missing a motor, right?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
What are you, his flat rate supervisor? Don't corner the man, let him work at his own pace!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Faerunner posted:

What are you, his flat rate supervisor? Don't corner the man, let him work at his own pace!

He's got deadlines and progress has been dropping. The world isn't going to wait while he gets rid of his sniffles, time to do the work.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
He's already way over on book for this job.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seminal Flu posted:

He's got deadlines and progress has been dropping. The world isn't going to wait while he gets rid of his sniffles, time to do the work.

You're right. Ci have been slowing down. Weathers going to poo poo and I'm running out of time.

It'll fire by Sunday

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Seminal Flu posted:

Yo meatmuppet, Why don't you lend the guy a hand?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You're right. Ci have been slowing down. Weathers going to poo poo and I'm running out of time.

It'll fire by Sunday

Kick the tires and light the fires!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cursedshitbox posted:

Yo meatmuppet, Why don't you lend the guy a hand?

No he's right actually. Just went and sat in it for a while. Need to get my head back in the game

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The motor turns? Send that video to Chrysler, maybe you'll get a free Jeep?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The motor turns? Send that video to Chrysler, maybe you'll get a free Jeep?

Considering it was built like 3 or 4 chrysler's ago, i doubt it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Lemme go read about all the amazing gearhead journeys and engine swaps meatpimp has been doing... oh

14, the wiring diagrams I have from my usual source are dogshit. I'd recommend either finding an actual FSM (on ebay, should be pretty cheap) for the donor or maybe even a haynes/chilton at the parts store. Unless you can get someone to save the diagrams off mitchell, those are usually pretty drat good with color codes etc iirc.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

Lemme go read about all the amazing gearhead journeys and engine swaps meatpimp has been doing... oh.

:hurr:

I'm not blowing smoke up his rear end about amazing things. He's got to get the truck to Florida in 3 weeks. That's going to come and go very quickly.

I'm looking out for him. I'm his guardian rear end in a top hat.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Where were you last night when I decided to eat an entire bag of Flamas sunflower seeds?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

14 BAR RIFF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJS80JB-sn8

drat, I don't know what's more impressive here, you or the jeep. I'm sure it's been said a lot already, but now we know what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object: one of them gives way.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

As Nero Danced posted:

drat, I don't know what's more impressive here, you or the jeep. I'm sure it's been said a lot already, but now we know what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object: one of them gives way.

Pretty sure the jeep gave at least a little when it burned. Then again, 14 is sick now so maybe they both did.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

therobit posted:

Pretty sure the jeep gave at least a little when it burned. Then again, 14 is sick now so maybe they both did.

The Jeep is his phylactery! 14's reign of doom and automotive necromancy depends upon the Jeep's survival!

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

14 BAR RIFF posted:

No he's right actually. Just went and sat in it for a while. Need to get my head back in the game

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As I work in the field I feel like frosty cold death, and I shall fear no evil. Electric Wizard is my shephard, and I shall not want anything but MORE VOLUME

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm in totally over my head on this wiring.

Need IDs for everything.

Near distributor/grounds?

Near pass through.

http://imgur.com/0U7uheR

Same

Also near pass throughh

Drivers side block can't locate a matching connector

Near alternator

Goes into harness near distributor

gently caress if I know

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
At what point do you just say "gently caress it" and wire up the most basic harness necessary to get the engine to run?

E: I hope Sims took pictures of stuff as he removed the engine from the van. For the future, Sims, I suggest using a label maker, you print out a label for each side of a connector and suddenly hooking up wiring gets a shitload easier.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

At what point do you just say "gently caress it" and wire up the most basic harness necessary to get the engine to run?

Heavy the head that wears the crown, my friend.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 1, 2016

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Drivers side block can't locate a matching connector

It goes into the side of the block. surely its gotta be either a temp sensor or a knock sensor.

Have you got a manual with a diagram for the donor? Post a link up.

Just work out what the mystery plugs are from the wire colours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gm-ecm-pcm-conversion/tbi-efi-conversion.html

This should cover everything you need to know except instead of starting with a carb engine you are starting with a tbi engine.

• Locked thread