Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

Did you disband the Sandi Fanclub?

It is being refactored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sunswipe posted:

I get that this is your gimmick now (and it's no worse than tane, call your parents, etc), but what makes you think either of you is the one who's finally going to win against Derek Smart?

We already won when he put us on ignore.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Star citizen : I have mental disorders and i'm below average intelligence

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

So what's your hoped for endgame? 'Cos continually posting at someone you know has blocked you seems like a less than optimal use of your time.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daztek posted:

Never go full /r/DerekSmart poster

I can't. It hurts too much.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sunswipe posted:

So what's your hoped for endgame? 'Cos continually posting at someone you know has blocked you seems like a less than optimal use of your time.

Anyone posting in this thread is using their time less than optimally.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sunswipe posted:

I get that this is your gimmick now (and it's no worse than tane, call your parents, etc), but what makes you think either of you is the one who's finally going to win against Derek Smart?

I'm already on his posters I have been defeated by list so in a way I have already won.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D1E posted:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

We all love to be pedantic here. Stepping back, CIG is implementing yet another patch that you said could not be done. You said it with 2.0, and we got 2.4 and 2.5 out of it that introduced more clients, more play and even larger maps/scenes/whatever other word you insert here for a game space where players exist (see: your hilarious back-and-forth with Ben Parry on ED forums).

1/2/3/4 weeks late: whatever Smart. They're still going to get there and it'll be yet another milestone that you claim could not be done, "like - at all,"

And you know what, Smart? I hope they sell even more ships to get there. I hope people pledge the gently caress out of those ships because each pledge/sale/donation/whatever that they get is 'x' more $$$$ that gets you going daily. It's entertaining.
"implementing yet another patch that you said could not be done" We are talking about an FPS using an FPS engine. I know some fourteen year old coders that can make it happen. Nobody has said you can't make an FPS using an FPS engine. I think that is why so many of us here are baffled at why CIG has been touting an FPS since April 2015 but still has NOTHING to show. Derek never said it can't be done. But Chris Roberts sure is proving that he has no clue how to do it.

1/2/3/4/86/144 weeks late: whatever Smart.

I will say with 100% confidence that I am sure the Holiday Livestream ship sales will happen on time with zero snags.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I'm already on his posters I have been defeated by list so in a way I have already won.

this is kind of silly imo

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This entire thread is silly imo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

isn't it more about cig saying something will be in the patch and it actually being there as advertised rather than squeaking out a few buggy updates and slapping a new number on it

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

HycoCam posted:

I will say with 100% confidence that I am sure the Holiday Livestream ship sales will happen on time with zero snags.
live streams and ship sales: only things CIG is able to release on schedule

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He ignored me and banned me from his discord for quoting derek smart at derek smart, I would raise that from silly to downright loving funny.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

I disagree. I come here for laughs and am never disappointed. You come here to shout at someone who can't hear you. It's your time and all, just that right now you're looking more pathetic than MoMA. At least he's paid for his crap.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

My Summer Car has a more fully realized universe than Star Citizen.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sunswipe posted:

I disagree. I come here for laughs and am never disappointed. You come here to shout at someone who can't hear you. It's your time and all, just that right now you're looking more pathetic than MoMA. At least he's paid for his crap.

I laugh at Derek.

Feel free to keep providing me with advice on how you think I should post though.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Winter Stormer posted:

Like, I knew that CryENGINE was an FPS engine, but I hadn't realized that the CryENGINE 3 SDK literally had tutorials for how to set up and run multiplayer deathmatches with 32 players right out of the box

I thought I couldn't be any more underwhelmed by CIG's almost achievement with Star Marine, but here we are

Star Marine: :effort:

If anything, because there are so many tutorials out there, Star Marine will probably end up the best part of the game.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I'm still catching up and I know MoMA doesn't read these but I want to comment on how hilarious the goalpost shifting has gotten.

At Gamescom, MoMA and backers both were expecting procedural planets this year. 3.0 guys. With that comes cargo/trading, new netcode, missions, a full stanton. The dream was real.

Fast forward to December. MoMA is being shitlord about whether or not Star Marine technically is in the patch if it isn't actually playable and the goal for 2016 seems to be getting out the decade old 4v4 FPS arena shooter 86 weeks late in year 5 of development in a FPS engine.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

I laugh at Derek.

Feel free to keep providing me with advice on how you think I should post though.

Hey, I'm not handing out advice. If you want advice, feel free to ask, but unless it's about toy robots I'm probably not a good person to ask. Just trying to understand behaviour that doesn't make sense to me. You enjoy shouting at clouds, got it. Proceed. I hope shouting into the void is everything you hope it will be. :)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

JB50 posted:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
So the most current info we have about 2.6 so far:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_Leaks/comments/5fnd8p/evocati_leaks_updated_regularly/

quote:

-Cat crashes PU server when spawned (Also the patch notes say the caterpillar is flyable... but then "known issues" says not to spawn one in crusader because it will crash the server. So, gently caress if I know where we can actually fly the thing.)

-There is conflicting information on the status of Evocati with sources leening towards it not being released. If anyone who reads this is from Evocati or knows someone from Evocati, please post some proof in the form of a screenshot. Blur out all identifying info before posting so your not kicked off though.

-There was a leaked issue council video with the new HUD taken down. (http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=rb9qiu&s=9#.WD8kdOArLnA)

-Guns are either nerfed or Vanduul ship stats have been boosted. No conclusive proof has come from either side other than vaduul ships now taking more shots to kill.

-Cruise and Afterburner are gone and have been combined into a standalone mechanic.

now imagine attempting to use this patch as a reason to gloat about CIG's progress. :thumbsup:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

here's some loving crazy opinions

new DOOM good
watch dogs 2 good
titanfall 2 good
call o duty meh
battlefield 1 good
final fantasy good
world of warcraft legion lol
swtor expansion good
star citizen good

thanks for hearing me out

You should add Planet Coaster good as well )

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

The patch notes are tailored to different people involved in the evocati. There are minuscule changes in the text, copy and content designed to lead to those who leak the notes. Same goes for evocati test builds.

I was not incorrect in claiming that 2.6 was going live to Evocati.
Also, StarMarine is technically in the build:

"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Demien/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Echo11/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/level.pak",
"Data/Levels/FPSModule/FPS_Loadout/terraintexture.pak",

However, the actualy FPS StarMarine is not ready for testing in this first evocati build. It'll come though.

You must be a lawyer. Or at the very least, a shyster.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

He ignored me and banned me from his discord for quoting derek smart at derek smart, I would raise that from silly to downright loving funny.

Who do you think cares enough to want to read dozens of posts about "I went to troll Derek in his private chat room and he banned me" :qq:

nothing to brag about imo

D1E posted:

This entire thread is silly imo

Your posting gimmick is boring and bad. It was boring and bad when Karl did it, it was boring and bad when Stimsis did it, when Moma did it and when Lazrin did it and big loving surprise it's boring and bad when you do it. The thread's silly and stupid and bad but I love it and you're making GBS threads it up with garbage

If you got some funny stuff to write about Derek then give us the goods, if you want applause for saying Derek didn't post the blog or whatever then go to /r/dereksmart, seriously

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Who do you think cares enough to want to read dozens of posts about "I went to troll Derek in his private chat room and he banned me" :qq:

nothing to brag about imo

Your posting gimmick is boring and bad. It was boring and bad when Karl did it, it was boring and bad when Stimsis did it, when Moma did it and when Lazrin did it and big loving surprise it's boring and bad when you do it. The thread's silly and stupid and bad but I love it and you're making GBS threads it up with garbage

If you got some funny stuff to write about Derek then give us the goods, if you want applause for saying Derek didn't post the blog or whatever then go to /r/dereksmart, seriously

Why does everyone in this thread tell everyone else how they think they should post?

If you don't like my posts, don't read them or put me on ignore and move on.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

The stuff about "don't spawn a Caterpillar" seems kind of odd to me - surely that's just something CIG can disable temporarily.

Someone doesn't remember how difficult it is for CIG to disable something in their clusterfuck of code. How long did it take for the tutorial to get switched off?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If you don't think Derek is wrong and lies about just as much as Chris does then lol. Unfortunately he can just use the, "I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED RELEASE A BLOG" excuse whenever he misses a deadline or something. Arguing with him is pointless but funny and since Lazrin is gone I'll allow Cactus and D1E to fill the void.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

JB50 posted:

My Summer Car lets you kill yourself through dehydration by fistpumping too much.
GOTY; all years from now until forever.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

#ISTANDWITHSMART

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, quick reminder that Discord is poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tane?

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

We all love to be pedantic here. Stepping back, CIG is implementing yet another patch that you said could not be done. You said it with 2.0, and we got 2.4 and 2.5 out of it that introduced more clients, more play and even larger maps/scenes/whatever other word you insert here for a game space where players exist (see: your hilarious back-and-forth with Ben Parry on ED forums).

1/2/3/4 weeks late: whatever Smart. They're still going to get there and it'll be yet another milestone that you claim could not be done, "like - at all,"

And you know what, Smart? I hope they sell even more ships to get there. I hope people pledge the gently caress out of those ships because each pledge/sale/donation/whatever that they get is 'x' more $$$$ that gets you going daily. It's entertaining.

I'm sorry MoMA, I was wrong. Please go back to hiding.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

I laugh at Derek.

People in SA will at times call you out when your posting is garbage, being shielded from criticism is neither healthy nor helpful

When like ten posters have told you to shut up you should listen, these things don't end well

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

Why does everyone in this thread tell everyone else how they think they should post?

Your posts are awful though, really really bad. Like, I've read them and consider them, easily, the worst part of the past twenty pages, easy. It's like you're trying to post badly

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

People in SA will at times call you out when your posting is garbage, being shielded from criticism is neither healthy nor helpful

When like ten posters have told you to shut up you should listen, these things don't end well
Except if you're Dr. Derek Smart.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Okie dokie. Thanks for the advice then!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Eh, not a fan. Concept is alright, but he got displaced as the villain too close to the end. Film really needed a few more revisions on the script. I did like the ending, though. Bruce finally making peace with his past and moving on was nice.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like your posts, please continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

I mean look at this poo poo, full-frontal-nudity bad. Really crappy stuff that nobody should write nor read, certainly not in a thread on the Internet

• Locked thread