Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

sounds like a deathsquad trainwreck but without "mastermind doofus" redban hahaahah, I noticed nobody was wearing one of those dumb cat hats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Lining up podcast comedians on a stage is a hilarious mistake I've seen time and time again.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I was watching the live stream and Doug looked so dejected, like he was contemplating the meaning of life by the end of it. And Joe was hammered.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I don't expect Doug gave a poo poo. There were a few times during the stream when he asked the other comedians why they gave a poo poo.

For all the microphone policing that Doug does on his own podcast, last night he could never wait to borrow a mic before he started shouting responses at people.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bert really is fat too.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Burr: "Does anyone have a story where they really got embarrassed by what another comedian said about them?"

*Bert's hand shoots up*

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Just saw the newest one with Bert.

Bert really is fat

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is Bert funny yet?

Also, Joe voted Trump.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

always be closing posted:

Is Bert funny yet?

Is Tom fatter than Bert???

(No)

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Is Bert funny yet?

Also, Joe voted Trump.

Did Joe actually say that

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Joe probably voted for Gary Johnson because he said he would months ago, and also he is in California so who cares who he voted for

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Also, Joe voted Trump.

Do you have a source? I thought on the doomsday podcast he said he voted for Hillary? I could be wrong cause I was doing a lot of stuff at the time + it was four hours long
Edit: possible he's just fuckin with us

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hillary clinton doesn't even use battle ropes to build her functional strength. i could clothesline that lady right off her feet at a moment's notice

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
*crotches on stool n breathes loudly through nostrils into mic*

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Copper Vein posted:

Burr: "Does anyone have a story where they really got embarrassed by what another comedian said about them?"

*Bert's hand shoots up*

lmfao

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Scott Adams on 11/17/16.

Prepare for insanity.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

Do you have a source? I thought on the doomsday podcast he said he voted for Hillary? I could be wrong cause I was doing a lot of stuff at the time + it was four hours long
Edit: possible he's just fuckin with us

He said more than once during the doomsday episode that he voted for Gary Johnson.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

zxqv8 posted:

Scott Adams on 11/17/16.

Prepare for insanity.

This will either be super boring or the best ep in years

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
I'm really far behind on the podcasts, has anyone explained to Rogan that people mock MRAs for being assholes rather than men's rights? If not, it'll be an hour of that plus an hour of Rogan going "uh huh, uh huh, fascinating" while Adams explains how he's a hypno-wizard

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Think I'll listen to that Scott Adams podcast, then punch myself in the face.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I always say that Joe's so open minded his brain sometimes falls out.

Hopefully he has to sense to call out the bullshit.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
So how was the show with the erotic hypnosis expert?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

I always say that Joe's so open minded his brain sometimes falls out.

Hopefully he has to sense to call out the bullshit.

His brain floats in a sensory deprivation tank.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Keg posted:

So how was the show with the erotic hypnosis expert?

I listened for like an hour, was good. He had a cool take on DJT's techniques.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Mark Bell and Shannon Briggs are up.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/dinogore/status/798229223517331457?lang=en

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

:discourse:

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
This show got me into Joey Diaz' podcast, which is pretty hilarious a lot of the time.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

I wish it was actually Joe's tattoos and he was one-upping Steve-O

Peace Frog
Oct 7, 2009
New listener by way of Louis Theroux and Dan Carlin's appearances.

Will someone take pity and recommend a bunch of similar/good guests to get me in deeper?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Peace Frog posted:

New listener by way of Louis Theroux and Dan Carlin's appearances.

Will someone take pity and recommend a bunch of similar/good guests to get me in deeper?

Duncan Trussell, Joey Diaz, Bill Burr.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

butros posted:

This. Any with Bill Burr is good.

Those few shows with Duncan Trussel and Christopher Ryan are all great too.

I pretty much listen to any that aren't fight companions or featuring only fighters, because I end up just tuning out the UFC-centered conversations.

Also take a listen to his episode with NDGT, it's real good.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao Joey Jingles

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

butros posted:

I forgot also anything with Bryan Callen.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

butros posted:

I forgot also anything with Bryan Callen.

Are you actively trying to get this guy not to listen to the show?

As for real recommendations I find a lot of peoples enjoyment in the show is heavily dictated by the guest. Joe is a good interviewer but this isn't a "comedy podcast" so it's not like there is common thread that runs through episodes besides Joe. I would recommend Wim Hof's first appearance (episode 712), Justin Wren's first appearance (episode 603), John Wayne Parr's episode (714), and any Dr. Rhonda Patrick episode. Those are a wide spread of people that showcase what I believe to be the best parts about Joe's show, compelling characters with interesting stories and information/experiences you rarely hear about.

Comedy tastes are highly subjective and I suggest you listen to comedians you like and avoid ones you don't. Most people including myself really enjoy Joey Diaz's appearances and hate Bryan Callen however so you can weigh that when deciding what to listen to. Listen to Bryan Callen if you want to hear a man going through the world's worst mid-life crisis try to sound more intelligent than he is for 3 hours.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 30, 2016

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
All of Bryan's and Joey's good appearances were in the early days of the podcast. Listen to those, or watch the clips on YouTube. Like Joey's Whitney Houston cocaine story or Bryan's Hollywood orgy one.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If you like Kevin Smith at all, you will love the episode he was on a few years ago. I would also suggest episodes with Neal Brennon and Duncan Trussel.

Keep in mind he used to have a cohost named Redban who many folks weren't a fan of.

I just listened to the recent Scott Adams episode and enjoyed it. Not what I was expecting at all.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hot sauce posted:

If you like Kevin Smith at all, you will love the episode he was on a few years ago.

That was the very first episode I listened to and it was good enough that I then listened to a whole shitload more, so I'll +1 it as a good jumping off point.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I like Stanhope eps because he seems like one of select few who is truly comfortable busting on Joe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
What's redban doing now?