Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

92% wins?! Jfc is that even fun?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Complex (the office map) cracks me up because I just can't get my dumb brain around the level. I try to use shortcuts and cut through and I end up staring at the same dead end with the wooden wall (you know the one).

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Magnus Condomus posted:

Phase shift is largely defensive rather than offensive, but you can also use it to cross dangerous territory like in that youtube clip I posted last page where i used it to jump across the front of a Legion to get behind him. You can also use it to cross things like firestars/napalm, get out of gravity stars/electric smoke, and if there is a sonar or map hack up and you see a group of enemies you can try to get behind them with it with marginal success.

Here's that clip again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTQf8OmBBhI

And here's one example where I clumsily used it to get behind a few people camping a room.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ConcernedReader/video/23081927

Another couple key things: You can start cooking a grenade while in phase shift land, but if you throw the grenade while shifted it will not come out of shift land. You also cannot activate some boosts while shifted. It'll play the animation, but it won't stick. (EG: Amped Weapons won't be active when you come out of phase shift if you tried to activate it while shifted.)

Hackan Slash posted:

Sure, you can use it to escape or cross open areas, but where's the fun in that? I've found it most effective to run behind someone, especially if they don't realize you're there in the first place. In general try to position yourself so you reappear in an area they're not covering.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/23786374

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hackan%20Slash/video/24061592

Good advice, thanks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Taiso posted:

I dont even play on Xbox, but I loving did it anyway, I want a digital BT.

How do I do this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Complex (the office map) cracks me up because I just can't get my dumb brain around the level. I try to use shortcuts and cut through and I end up staring at the same dead end with the wooden wall (you know the one).

I always wonder why they don't just open that door...

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

s.i.r.e. posted:

How do I do this?

you have to download the 7-11 app, and buy 2 dew or dorito products (2 dew drinks, or 2 doritos, or 1 dew + 1 dorito) and have them scan the app at checkout, and they email you a code. I've not gotten my email yet though

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Oh god that wall. I've died there so many times thinking I could cut through a door there.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Taiso posted:

you have to download the 7-11 app, and buy 2 dew or dorito products (2 dew drinks, or 2 doritos, or 1 dew + 1 dorito) and have them scan the app at checkout, and they email you a code. I've not gotten my email yet though

You have to do it twice. The first time they'll send you the pilot outfit, the second time is BT.

It took about 48 hours to get it.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Map chat: my favorites are exo planet because i like the aesthetic and Eden

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Well okay then.

Redeemed them all, I have run out of Advocate gift Banners. Got a bunch of Pilot Camos and a couple patches at the end.

Also 22 coliseum tickets and ~500 credits.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Ripoff posted:

Sorry this took so long but it's "burnin_diarrhea" and it was my old xbox live handle because of the sheer number of kids that would howl at it during Halo: Reach matches.

lol. Your name is updated in the spreadsheet

chumbler posted:

I actually kinda like crash site because it has a lot of nice side paths for pilots.

The office map can burn in hell, though.

I actually don't mind either map to be quite honest. Crash site is the map I had my 245 attrition score game so it will always hold a place in my heart, and complex is fun when you know your way around it (and use scorch)

Angel City is exactly how i remember, including how finicky it can be to get into the 3 story building in the middle :allears: can't wait for it to go into full rotation

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I could probably spend an entire game just in that centre hallway on Complex as a pilot and be happy because you can just wallrun forever and the map funnels people into that hallway

Oh by the way I just managed to buy a bunch of stuff from the store on PC so if it wasn't letting you before give it another shot

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Diabeesting posted:

My girlfriend picked up two copies of this for us on cyber Monday. She was literally a robot programmed to play titanfall1, just loving godly at that game right up to its dying breath. She.... Viscerally hates tf2 with an almost frightening passion, apparently the movement is just all wrong or something. I couldn't disagree more, I'm having a loving blast.

The way you maintain your movement is very different from the first game. TF1 had bunny hopping where you kept your momentum if you jumped right as you hit the ground. They took this out for TF2 but replaced it with the slide, so if you crouch in mid air it will buffer a slide and you have time to jump and keep your momentum. It's not very intuitive and it's not explained anywhere, but it's possible she doesn't know about the slide crouch thing and bunny hopped everywhere in TF1 and that's why she hates it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Bunny hopping is still very possible in TF2.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

It's more like slide hopping, and I have a hard time doing it on Xbone, but some people are apparently really good at it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Not in the same way as TF1. You'll lose momentum if you just jump. If you slide you don't.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

Nalin posted:

The secret to enjoying Crash Site is to realize that it is a map for Titans, so pick Scorch and the Thunderbolt anti-Titan secondary and never not be in your Titan.

I looooove Thunderbolt on Crash Site. When the enemy titans stack up on one end of the long canyon lane, you can just bounce back and forth between the walls sending zap-ball after zap ball in their general direction as you watch the little percentage points under your hud pile up.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

AirRaid posted:

Well okay then.

Redeemed them all, I have run out of Advocate gift Banners. Got a bunch of Pilot Camos and a couple patches at the end.

Also 22 coliseum tickets and ~500 credits.

Why do some people have so many advocate gifts? What did the patch do?

I want a stack of advocate gifts

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Why do some people have so many advocate gifts? What did the patch do?

I want a stack of advocate gifts

Regenerating factions was bugged, it would say you got a gift but not actually award it. The patch fixed it and gave you all your overdue gifts

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
If you time a jump correctly you don't need to slide and you can maintain your momentum, though the window is very tiny, making slide hopping easier.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

If you time a jump correctly you don't need to slide and you can maintain your momentum, though the window is very tiny, making slide hopping easier.

Got a video? I'd like to see how tight the timing is and how consistent it is. I was under the impression it wasn't possible at all anymore.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

My most efficient weapon is apparently the softball, which I'm pretty sure I only used once, as a goof.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Thanks to folks posting Legion tips. I've gone from a crutch Tone scrub to someone that doesn't need to suicide nuke to get kills in only a few matches.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Worst patch ever.*

I can now see that the people I'm playing with have enough cash to win the game easy, but refuse to go bank it for.....reasons I guess.

At least before I could pretend the people on my team weren't completely useless at objective based modes.

*Not really, best FPS in a decade.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Taiso posted:

God drat it.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Athanatos posted:

Worst patch ever.*

I can now see that the people I'm playing with have enough cash to win the game easy, but refuse to go bank it for.....reasons I guess.
If it's not the usual being-bad-at-game, I'd go with grinding weapon kills / Titan cores at a guess.

Because I do it a whole bunch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

squidgee posted:

Oh god that wall. I've died there so many times thinking I could cut through a door there.

Pretty much why I hate Complex in a nutshell. You get into the only safe places for pilots and there is zero flow or common sense in the paths. It's harder to memorize than any MP map I can think of in any game and is so full of illogical dead end or routes that gently caress you over.

That map should be called "gently caress Pilots gently caress Titans"

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

squidgee posted:

What wall is this...

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
The grapple finally paid off! :haw:
https://gfycat.com/ThisPhonyGuernseycow

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Has anyone had any audio issues with Titanfall 2 on PC? Namely a sort of crackling/static-y noise that gets worse when there's a lot of action on the screen? A friend of mine got the game and is experiencing that, and some cursory googling is indicating that it's a problem Respawn is at least vaguely aware of but has so far been unable to fix, afflicting a wide variety of rigs and headsets.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Geight posted:

Has anyone had any audio issues with Titanfall 2 on PC? Namely a sort of crackling/static-y noise that gets worse when there's a lot of action on the screen? A friend of mine got the game and is experiencing that, and some cursory googling is indicating that it's a problem Respawn is at least vaguely aware of but has so far been unable to fix, afflicting a wide variety of rigs and headsets.
Usually a few times per game.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I've been getting an odd bug which causes my primary to get replaced by a second, random anti-titan weapon after I eject. Very weird.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Knifegrab posted:

What wall is this...

The nooks along the main hallway towards each end. They look like they have doors (even the textures kind of imply it, and maybe there's a railing?), but there's decidedly no door.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Elysiume posted:

Usually a few times per game.

Are you using a headset that tries to simulate 7.1 surround sound? That's the closest thing to a common thread I've seen in people experiencing it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
So wait do we not get prime titans if we preordered or whatever?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Geight posted:

Are you using a headset that tries to simulate 7.1 surround sound? That's the closest thing to a common thread I've seen in people experiencing it.
Nope, just doing stereo.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I am the most inconsistent at this game of anything I've ever played. Tonight I put up some of my shittiest matches ever and then proceeded to break 200 in Attrition two or three times in a row.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I sometimes get audio problems. Realtek ALC898 (driver 6.0.1.7535) in 5.1 surround, 24 bits, 96KHz. Seems to get worse the longer I play. Seems to also start affecting my framerate, as when the audio hitching gets worse, I notice the dynamic resolution start to kick in at times.

Maybe it's an unrelated memory leak somewhere causing secondary effects?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

ZeusCannon posted:

So wait do we not get prime titans if we preordered or whatever?

You get the prime Titans if you bought the deluxe edition. Preordering just gets you access to Angel City early.

ALSO, make sure you have the Nitro Scorch downloaded. Mine got uninstalled somehow and I didn't have access to Angel City until I noticed it was missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thats what happened my deluxe and preorder uninstalled for some reason. Very weird. Thanks for the confirm on that now I have my primes.